• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Doesn't work the way you would imagine. The ring steals ~0.4% HP from every enemy entering a certain radius - but only once per enemy. The healing effect isn't bad at high difficulties, but the damage it deals is negligible.

I didn't see a huge benefit but it's a amusing this dude basically can kill Siege Breaker on T6 Sword and Board and doesn't even swing and his health barely ever goes down testing the thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2YDXraKQik

Just woke up, checked my toon, no wings yet, thanks Obama

Play the game for a few minutes. I played my main toon, and then by the time I had to stop, I noticed I had the little email message thing in the lower left corner. Clicked that, wings delivered. No need to do anything crazy. Just play the game for a few.

Play the game for a few minutes. I played my main toon, and then by the time I had to stop, I noticed I had the little email message thing in the lower left corner. Clicked that, wings delivered. No need to do anything crazy. Just play the game for a few.
I'll try that, didn't really played just checked for notifications and inventory.

evilalien

I've become addicted to DH speed runs with full Natalya set and full Danetta set. Vault constantly until I'm at boss. Kill boss. Rinse-repeat.

I really should be stopping for elite mobs, but when I'm in Act 2, and I could just skip over them and be back to Diablo in 45 minutes... I apologize to anyone who wants to farm in my games.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/spidoman-1143/hero/36423683

Speedrunning is great fun. How long did it take you to find the full Natalya's set?

desverger

Hmm, this sounds interesting. I like cluster arrow, but I just don't have very coordinated gear right now other than pretty high toughness numbers so I figure mixing it up would be fun. My cluster arrow build has a lot of fire damage, would love to get some high level gear with fire damage buffs.

While my original post wasn't originally written with a very serious note, in case you were actually interested here's the build I use on my DH currently:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#jdbPkS!dYh!YcYZac

It works nice even with the thrash gear I have on my DH. Your main hatred spender is cluster arrow, and you can drop sentries for sustained damage. Wolf is for the huge damage buff, and mark + entangling is to get a lot of hatred and keep enemies away from you for the +20% damage.

ferr

foxdvd

I've become addicted to DH speed runs with full Natalya set and full Danetta set. Vault constantly until I'm at boss. Kill boss. Rinse-repeat.

I really should be stopping for elite mobs, but when I'm in Act 2, and I could just skip over them and be back to Diablo in 45 minutes... I apologize to anyone who wants to farm in my games.

how are so many people getting full sets...I play non stop and nothing drops for me...rng hates me..

Oh man, that is a hell of a build and gear setup you have.

My current build. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bPSjdl!bfYc!YccbcZ I can't settle on what I like for my 1 slot. I run ferrets right now because I am just dicking around and figure might as well get gold. But if playing more seriously I run wolf.

Edit: and my DH gear http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gutterboy44-1333/hero/41104396

taybul

how are so many people getting full sets...I play non stop and nothing drops for me...rng hates me..

I've gotten the Danetta's set more than twice over and have yet to see a Nat's. RNG also seems to be giving me every single bow available except for the ones I'd actually use: Calamity/Krider.

conweller

Neo Member
how does nat set help with speed?

It's more for the rare occasions that I actually fight enemies. There's lots of "Kill this mob in the middle of the boss fight" and having a RoV for both the mob, and then the boss really does speed up boss fights. I usually use Shade, but am trying grenades to switch things up.

I didn't take me very long at all maybe 16 hours max to get both full sets. But you can see, despite that luck, RNG refuses to show me legendary gloves or pants.

Nete

I'm still waiting to see a second DH set piece after a gazillion hours. Probably will get all them just before RoS hitting and me switching to the Crusader.

ferr

It's more for the rare occasions that I actually fight enemies. There's lots of "Kill this mob in the middle of the boss fight" and having a RoV for both the mob, and then the boss really does speed up boss fights. I usually use Shade, but am trying grenades to switch things up.

I didn't take me very long at all maybe 16 hours max to get both full sets. But you can see, despite that luck, RNG refuses to show me legendary gloves or pants.
grats on the sets. how does the RoV set bonus work exactly? does the cooldown get reduced from killing things by any means or do you only get the reduction from kills via RoV if that makes sense..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is 100% exp confirmed?

Acti

Confess it guys... YOU MISS AUCTION HOUSE!

noticia-diablo-3-jay-wilson.jpg

Manac0r

So I popped back to see what all the hype was about and DAMN does D3 feel like a different game. I booted it up on my laptop, connected it to a 100" HD projector, got an Xpadder profile so it works with a 360 pad, and I zoned out for several hours just hacking away getting viable loot. Pre ordered the expansion on this experience and am now looking forward to the 25th.

Consider me impressed!

Gav47

This 50% exp has been fantastic. I went from having a lvl 57 monk to having lvl 60 on almost all classes, still have 15 to go on a DH, and 35 paragon lvls in the past few weeks.

Nete

Any pictures or videos of how the femal crusada will look like with different armor sets?

I don't think I've seen any compilation for the female crusader. Just imagine these models more stylized:

9Qhpo5J.jpg

For reference, my beta femsader with one of those sets.

K5u9TPw.jpg

conweller

Neo Member
grats on the sets. how does the RoV set bonus work exactly? does the cooldown get reduced from killing things by any means or do you only get the reduction from kills via RoV if that makes sense..

Any kills go towards reducing the cooldown. The biggest draw back to the build is groups. Now that I'm farming T1 there are more people so I get a full four person party, but no one keeps up so I'm fighting 4 person elites by myself, and when they do show up, everyone "steals" my cool down reduction kills.

Also I should switch preparation to bat companion.

They should really up the drop rate for organs off uber bosses; I don't think the percentage to drop goes up enough with each torment tier and 50% chance on tier 6 is a bit of a joke.

It seemed a lot easier to get organs before the patch.

Maybe I've just been having a string of bad luck though; the RNG gods must be laughing at my pitiful attempts at farming organs.

G. N. Arly

Neo Member
Hey Diablo GAF!

Just a couple of days left! Wooo! Can't wait!

So I just wanted to pop in and ask a quick Question... with the adventure mode almost upon us I was curious as to whether the legendaries you may find in Horadric Caches would be tradable with any of your (then) current party members? If that's the case then having Cache-opening parties with some of your friends and trading items might just be a lot of fun!

Happy Looting!

i have the mmo mouse and when i bind a key to them it will say something like MB1, MB2 on the spells.

his even says mouse3.

Mouse 3 is the wheel button. Anyways, my friend can bind the mouse button on the side, he has 9 i think, to any key he want. So i guess, it's different from one mouse to the other.

Or it could be the special keys on the side of a keyboard, i got that on my logitech keyboard, i can map it to whatever key i want.

ferr

Any mouse recommendations or controllers for use with D3 on PC? Never considered using it as input. Or is keyboard superior?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Any mouse recommendations or controllers for use with D3 on PC? Never considered using it as input. Or is keyboard superior?

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga

I map those extra middle mouse buttons to space and enter, 11 to Esc and 12 to backspace (potion). (I have the older one with the two wheel buttons next to the left click instead - http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-molten/ - better layout IMO, but I don't use those buttons as often anyway)

The key bindings I use happen to be great for stuff like web browsing and short numeric data entry in spreadsheets too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom