• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hands up if Kadala has given you a Witching Hour.

I'm wondering if its even worth wasting shards on. I'd probably have better luck getting better magefists or an amulet (so expensive).

huxley00

Hands up if Kadala has given you a Witching Hour.

I'm wondering if its even worth wasting shards on. I'd probably have better luck getting better magefists or an amulet (so expensive).

I've gotten two from her, im lacking greatly in some other gear areas though that other people seem to do well in, rng rng rng :?

Dahbomb

monk set shits all over wd though

pdiddyreacts.gif

I will stir up some controversy, but if I were to rate the different arpg unique/legendary itemizations, I would say rate them like this:

Diablo III <<<<<<<<<<<< Diablo III Reaper of Souls < Diablo II <<<<< Path of Exile.
Not really controversial at all. Some of the better Legendaries in PoE are fucking godlike...

Like this one:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Bringer_of_Rain

For those that don't know what this item is in comparison to D3... think of this like an Andariel's Visage that buffs your skills (let's say Physical damage skills) by a ton, gives you attack speed, gives you a bunch of crit chance and crit damage... EVEN gives you a bunch of all res, vitality, main stat, armor and other defensive stats. It's fucking insane both from a defensive and offensive angle... the catch is that if you use this you CANNOT wear a chest item. So there's a tradeoff to consider and the affixes it rolls are only useful for certain classes, mostly melee characters.

Most of the Legendaries in RoS are either really mediocre/uninteresting or so generically powerful that everyone wants it (like Shard of Hate or Thunderfury). That's not really the case with PoE... a Legendary is only insane for a particular class/build and they are actual build changers. Many of the Legendaries that people want in RoS are simply "that skill you use... OK now it hits 3 times more". That's not really build changing IMO. Sure there are some build changers in RoS, not denying that but it's not as radical as PoE.

I've gotten two from her, im lacking greatly in some other gear areas though that other people seem to do well in, rng rng rng :?

That gives me some hope. I know they're insanely rare, is all. Probably moreso than the Cindercoat I dumped over 7000 shards into.

Rift it Forward should help.

I decided that a nice thing to do would be to always invite the last guy to open for me to my next boss. Would be cool if that caught on. Might cut down on the impulse to ditch games after the boss is dead.

StMeph

I have no Lightning or Cold gear, but I got a Fulminator and Wizardspike tonight on Wizard. Which weapon is better to start rerolling other gear toward?

No answer from last page. Assuming no other element-centric drops happen (Thundergod's, etc), which one would be better to build around as a Wizard?

I am guessing Wizardspike?

3 legs from t3 riftboss o.0 nevr had 3 drops from one mob/chest before
a good roll raekor chest (useless since the setbonus is crap ) , a really good roll thundervigor and some crappy gloves

Begaria

Everyone, I have an announcement to make:

Fire Barbarian Raekor Endless Furious Charge is fucking awesome.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Begaria-1359/hero/6395374

Yup, I managed to find four pieces of decent Raekor over the last week. The Raekor full set bonus is:

+500 vitality
+500 strength
Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune.

That means Furious Charge (normally a 10 second cooldown) becomes a 760% Fire Damage attack, generates 10 Fury on the pop +10 Fury per enemy hit, reduces the cooldown by 2 seconds per enemy hit, 2.5 second stun on every enemy hit, and pulls them in towards you. In large groups, this means I can endlessly charge and deal a fuck ton of damage.

I also did a bit of work on the gear (ran out of souls, and damn that helmet is getting expensive to reroll to try and get 6% crit) and switched a passive to see how damaging I could make it. I'm still trying to decide between Weapon Master (+8% constant damage w/sword), Brawler (+20% damage when near at least 3 enemies, which happens alot), or Berserker Rage (+25% damage when at max Fury). Weapon master would give me a permanent DPS increase, but it's the lowest DPS increase (about 50k damage on the sheet). Brawler works wonders when I'm charging through trash enemies (adds about 115-120k damage on the sheet). Berserker Rage adds about 130k damage to the sheet, but I need to be at Full Fury at all times, but I also use a Fury Spender when Furious Charge is on cooldown.

I wish I took some screenshots when I was dicking around with it last night. I'm talking 17-20 million crit hits with Furious Charge. Duoing with a monk where they can vortex in a bunch of enemies and Shift-Charging through them all was the most fun I've had in D3 so far. Add in the Demon/Fire chain from maximus as I'm charging through enemies (which crits for about 5 million on average per tick, sometimes getting as high as 10-11 million), I'm dealing anywhere between 25-30 million per crit on a single enemy when he's up. It's insane.

I'm still getting used to Furious Charge as my main Fury generator. I've always used an actual base Fury generator, so it takes a bit of management to keep my Fury high and not run out. It's gosh darn a lot of fun though. The unfortunate side effect to this switch over is I lost .5% crit, and about 200 AR, which kind of hurts. Good thing I'm starting to pump paragon points into AR.

The Cowboy

Logged in and did 1 bounty solo and got leg 2 drops.

This came from the final kill i made from the last bounty: with a pretty decent roll IMO.
Then this dropped from the cache (i called it in clan chat before i even identified it): with a fantastic roll IMO.
Time to start spending souls//gems :D.

I am really enjoying RIF and Bounty Runz communities. I try to play with my buddy as much as possible, but when he isn't around and I solo, the two communities offer some nice quick sessions. Nothing that unique about Bounty Runz other than it is organized and allows you to quickly get a group of players who know exactly what the deal is with split bounty runs. Still no Ring of Royal Grandeur, but it is my goal to get one this weekend.

Ingeniero

I got two parts of Akkhan's.
Breast plate and gloves.
I rerolled 3 sockets for the armor and CD for the gloves.
I'm a happy camper.

ZenaxPure

Who do I believe!!!!????

Also doesn't Alkaizer use the full Raekor set?

I can handle myself on T5 pretty easy thanks to the charge set freeing up another skill slot (which I used for battle rage finally which increased my AOE damage loads thanks to the last rune that gives 20% AOE damage on crits), my kill speeds on T5 are just a bit too slow for my taste currently but that has to do with needing better versions of my other equipment. Believe me, it's a good set. I mean seriously, as long as there are 5 enemies you have an 100% uptime stun and infinite fury, it makes fighting large packs of enemies jokes. Single target fights are where the set is the weakest, but, even then...

I'm still getting used to Furious Charge as my main Fury generator. I've always used an actual base Fury generator, so it takes a bit of management to keep my Fury high and not run out. It's gosh darn a lot of fun though. The unfortunate side effect to this switch over is I lost .5% crit, and about 200 AR, which kind of hurts. Good thing I'm starting to pump paragon points into AR.

A word of advice, I've been using the set for a while now and something that can help with fury generation when there are fewer enemies around is superstition. I've no idea what the proc chance on it is, but, enemies that lay down ground effects (which a lot of rift bosses do) as long as I stand inside of the effect I can basically just hold down my HoTA button without ever letting go, it's surprisingly strong and a free 20% damage reduction on things that hurt us the most. I dropped rampage for it and I can barely tell a difference in kill speeds. It helped solved my one problem with letting go of a fury generator for the charge set.

J0dy77

No answer from last page. Assuming no other element-centric drops happen (Thundergod's, etc), which one would be better to build around as a Wizard?

I am guessing Wizardspike?

Depends on the stats, probably the Wizardspike. The fulminator proc is supposed to be bugged at this time. Might be wrong about that though.

The Cowboy

I keep getting ring drops for some reason, I had 2 set rings drop last night (Wailing Host and The Undaunted - these 2 go together) one after another in a Rift, today in the past 30 min I've had the one above (RORG) from a cache, and just now 2 more from a Rift: a Hollow Whispers (haunt enemies ring - put it on my Templar) and another SOJ with perfect elite damage, perfect +int and 18% cold (i already have a +fire one for my Wizard)..
This will be going onto my Spirit barrage WD.

Begaria

A word of advice, I've been using the set for a while now and something that can help with fury generation when there are fewer enemies around is superstition. I've no idea what the proc chance on it is, but, enemies that lay down ground effects (which a lot of rift bosses do) as long as I stand inside of the effect I can basically just hold down my HoTA button without ever letting go, it's surprisingly strong and a free 20% damage reduction on things that hurt us the most. I dropped rampage for it and I can barely tell a difference in kill speeds. It helped solved my one problem with letting go of a fury generator for the charge set.

I'll keep that in mind. I do love Rampage though, 25% armor and 25% damage is a little hard to let go of. I'm not having too much trouble keeping my Fury since I'm using Unforgiving and the War Cry/Furious Charge/Reaper Wraps keep me charged up. I haven't fully used the set in a Rift yet so I'm kind of itching to see how well it performs against a boss with a large health pool.

I'd never use the full Raekor set as I think the Cindercoat and Magefist outperform both pieces respectively, on top of having the Ring of Royal Grandeur (decent rolls), allowing my to give them up anyways. For a Fire Barb, it's pretty important to have Cindercoat and Magefist. Good thing there's no fire equivalent for the Shoulders/Legs/Boots. The only real thing I'm giving up is an Andariel's with +fire damage. Oh, and I guess a SoJ with +fire damage on it as well due to the Grandeur ring. Oh well. Small price to pay, I guess.

garath

I would like the adjustment to split bounties to be better rewards for higher torments.

I'd like to see the cache rewards improved for difficulty level period. It's inane that I just load up on normal and get all 5 act caches in about 30 min with no worse rewards than slogging my way through a higher torment level.

J0dy77

I'd like to see the cache rewards improved for difficulty level period. It's inane that I just load up on normal and get all 5 act caches in about 30 min with no worse rewards than slogging my way through a higher torment level.

Completely agree with this. Drudging through Normal over and over and over is mind numbing. I prefer running on t1 or t2 to actually enjoy playing the game. But when it is so much more efficient to run split normal bounties it's hard not too.

I really wish the game was tiered better overall. If I run t4, I should have a higher chance of getting a class set item over yet another blackthornes/hammer jammers.

eek5

better rewards such as?

Yo I don't know man. More blood shards? More fragments? Better bag? Anything to make it worth running Torment as a group rather than split farming normal (although good players will still split farm torment)

I think the most easy nerf they will do would be to remove quest xp/rewards if you're not in the zone where the quest could be completed, maybe, but this has huge gamewide ramifications so I don't think they would do it and it really doesn't solve the issue because people would still split farm anyway.

Tom Penny

Path of Exile is just so much more focused and consistent in its uniques, desipte a large portion of its uniques being designed with the guide of its diamond supporters. There are just so many viable multiclass uniques there, and every new month, the metagame there is shifted either via a new, totally new build-enabler unique or by a new skill that gives meaning to otherwise forgotten/"mediocre" uniques. I wish ROS developers would move to a similar direction with their focus of legendaries. We have yet to see the first big post-launch content and the ladders, so there is still hope.

Problem with Path of Exile was if you were lucky to land legacy uniques your build would be vastly superior to the new non nerfed version of the build so people that have those such as khaoms chest or that OP axe if forget the name make all the currency. Path of exile was great because there were a ton of builds that are viable...just not all of them are viable end game map builds.

Doing bounties on torment should give you a higher chance for legendaries (determined when you receive the cache) AND more rift keys.

Split farming normal for rift keys and caches is just way too efficient.

More shards from the caches\bounty rewards wouldn't hurt either. The amount you get doing bounties is negligible compared to rifts.

The third piece of Vyrs dropped for me last night so I'm now tinkering with an archon build. The end goal is to combine both Tal Rasha and Vyrs set with an emphasis on arcane damage.
Just saw a wizard exactly as you described: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yeah-1515/hero/27364131 (full-time job paragon level)

The Thunderyfury is curious though. Clearly a Gesture of Orpheus would be better in that slot. Or a Slorak's.

eek5

I've been lusting after this since I first saw it. I'll never have it, but I need it.

I've been trying to find a video but I'm not sure if that compares with doing 15% more lightning damage at all..

----

In other news. Someone suggested making 5 monks to make OWE gearing easier so thanks dah for leveling up my second monk

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/46921758

haha. (FWIW it seems way harder to gear up multiple monks :|)

Mumei

Doing bounties on torment should give you a higher chance for legendaries (determined when you receive the cache) AND more rift keys.

More shards from the caches\bounty rewards wouldn't hurt either. The amount you get doing bounties is negligible compared to rifts.

I don't see why that isn't already the case. If you can just open the cache in whatever difficulty you want, even if you did it on Normal in the first place, how are you incentivized to do bounties in higher difficulties?

Kyoufu

Raekkor set bonus is not crap. Don't know why anyone would think it is.

Like I've said before, Fire Barb using either IK, Raekkor or Leapquake sets is where it's at. It's a league above Lightning builds.

Who do I believe!!!!????

I can't see how it's useful
barb already overkills trash on high torment because of the explosion rune on battle rage and because trash doesnt have much hp to begin with

it's single target damage where barb struggles (for elites and bosses) and I don't see how raekor charge is going to help with that, you're giving up a skillslot for it that could be used for war cry (needed in high torment and your group members will love you for using especially combined with the belt for the runspeed) or wrath of the berserker (single target dps boost for bosses)

It might be fun in t1-t2 or for bounties (ew bounties) though, I've saved my set but can't be bothered to gem and reroll it atm especially since I'm not fire

remember you have to use 4 pieces to get the bonus assuming you have grandeur since it requires5 pieces to get,so you're giving up a lot for that and combining it with IK is probably even less likely
what are you going to give up (and how much dmg are you going to give up) to use it? andariel and cindercoat? aughild set (and all the survivability and boss dmg it brings)?

for me boss dmg is what I'm after and for that I need ele+elite dmg (and IK setbonus might be good on bosses, I don't have a 3rd piece yet to try it)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How likely is it that split bounty runs will get nerfed?

Im honestly hoping they make all caches drop the same loot (like act 4)

Getting reaaaaallllly tiresome having everyone log out after act 1 is done or the berating that i have to put up with for wanting to do another act

Not really controversial at all. Some of the better Legendaries in PoE are fucking godlike...

Like this one:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Bringer_of_Rain

For those that don't know what this item is in comparison to D3... think of this like an Andariel's Visage that buffs your skills (let's say Physical damage skills) by a ton, gives you attack speed, gives you a bunch of crit chance and crit damage... EVEN gives you a bunch of all res, vitality, main stat, armor and other defensive stats. It's fucking insane both from a defensive and offensive angle... the catch is that if you use this you CANNOT wear a chest item. So there's a tradeoff to consider and the affixes it rolls are only useful for certain classes, mostly melee characters.

Most of the Legendaries in RoS are either really mediocre/uninteresting or so generically powerful that everyone wants it (like Shard of Hate or Thunderfury). That's not really the case with PoE... a Legendary is only insane for a particular class/build and they are actual build changers. Many of the Legendaries that people want in RoS are simply "that skill you use... OK now it hits 3 times more". That's not really build changing IMO. Sure there are some build changers in RoS, not denying that but it's not as radical as PoE.

yoooooooooooooooooo

That looks crazy. Fucking Spartacus helmet

Every time I try to play PoE I get bored somewhere in act 2. End game looks awesome but I can't seem to make it there

I don't see why that isn't already the case. If you can just open the cache in whatever difficulty you want, even if you did it on Normal in the first place, how are you incentivized to do bounties in higher difficulties?

Blizzard did a hotfix to address people doing caches on normal and opening them on torment 6. Their solution was to make all caches the same, regardless of difficulty.

shinjijai

cache rolls when they are opened? not when you get them?

edit

Blizzard did a hotfix to address people doing caches on normal and opening them on torment 6. Their solution was to make all caches the same, regardless of difficulty.

that's stupid.

Who do I believe!!!!????

He used it with lightning WW prenerf SoH.
It's good for groups but the moment you do the boss with no other monsters around it becomes crap if you built only around FC

It's good if you can work in some way for single target. Idk if you can use both IK and Raekors (on phone atm) but if you could you could use ancients fury plus hota. Otherwise its tough to keep HoTA up if you're only facing the boss.

Right now, alk is using EQ set. Best set by far

What is the first thing a level 70 Crusader should gamble? Should have close to 500 to go by the time I get there.

Thinking I'll end up some sort of Holy-based with Jekabond (or whatever).

Just saw a wizard exactly as you described: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yeah-1515/hero/27364131 (full-time job paragon level)

The Thunderyfury is curious though. Clearly a Gesture of Orpheus would be better in that slot. Or a Slorak's.

Oh wow, yeah his gear is my goal right now. I'm guessing he uses the TF to proc lightning meteors, or he just hasn't found a gesture yet. There's another wizard who streams regularly to twitch with a similar setup. I think his name is Avoid. He does well for himself in T6 so I figure I'm at least on the right track.

So, beat Malthael and my barb is lvl 66.

Act V was alright nothing mindblowing.

However, I am really enjoying Adventure Mode.

I currently do 100k Damge, 2.2 million Toughness.

I could be doing more damage but I like having high armor and healing so even if I make a mistake I dont die quickly.

I have been reading the last few pages and I dont see any Barb. Is this class realy impopular?

Any good places for barbs to farm gear/sets?

Boogdud

Every time I try to play PoE I get bored somewhere in act 2. End game looks awesome but I can't seem to make it there

I think the gameplay is ok, it's the aesthetics and animations that keep me from playing it. It looks and feels so rough.

...also I really can't stand the roman style wardrobe. Put on some damn pants.

Lowmelody

Wow i cant praise Rift-it-Forward enough. Even better that Blizzard has given it their seal of approval. It really opens up the game for me just in rapid bloodshard accumulation alone which in turn lets me target my loot at Kadala. This is amazing. <3

Also, I love me some PoE. I have a supremely badass facebreaker build maurader but I havent played since around Christmas and have no idea where such a build stands these days. I can't play two ARPGs at once and atm Diablo's my boo.

ZenaxPure

I haven't fully used the set in a Rift yet so I'm kind of itching to see how well it performs against a boss with a large health pool.

You certainly need to see for yourself, but... yeah it's going to suck. It's fine on bosses that summon adds but for bosses that don't you just run out fury and then are stuck there waiting for war cry/charge to come off cooldown constantly. Reaper wraps is a good solution if you can keep a steady flow of globes coming in, but, I actually stopped using those for strongarm bracers since charge will proc it and you can actually use charge to drag most elites which will proc it for them. To me that is really where charge shines, being able to drag most elites to wherever you want, keep them nearly perma-stunned, and then hitting them incredibly hard.

Also personally I prefer Andarials over Magefist. The poison proc crits for well over a million and it procs constantly. This is my Barbarian at the moment, I'm missing out on a good 40% more fire damage and 15% HoTA damage which is mostly what is holding me back on bumping up the torment difficulty again.

It's good if you can work in some way for single target.

This pretty much the truth of it. I didn't actually build around charge, I just plopped it into my HoTA/OP build in exchange for WW. I primarily used WW as a positioning tool (since let's be real that's its best function) so switching it out for charge was no big deal, charge does a way better job since it lets you group enemies together. That said, like I mentioned a few posts up superstition is really fucking strong. I really don't understand if it is intentional or not but ground effects seem to tick really fast and it gives a ton of fury, which solved my problems with single target stuff. It works out well since the number of rift bosses that don't summon a lot of adds or don't use some sort of ground effect are incredibly small, Ember is about the only one that annoys me atm.

Kyoufu

Wow i cant praise Rift-it-Forward enough. Even better that Blizzard has given it their seal of approval. It really opens up the game for me just in rapid bloodshard accumulation alone which in turn lets me target my loot at Kadala. This is amazing. <3

Also, I love me some PoE. I have a supremely badass facebreaker build maurader but I havent played since around Christmas and have no idea where such a build stands these days. I can't play two ARPGs at once and atm Diablo's my boo.

I couldn't get into many RIFs because there were 100 other people requesting invites too so I gave up.

This game is depressing.

If I log on tonight and get a bunch of legendaries in my first Rift then the theory of "Timed Legendaries so that casuals can keep up" is definitely true. Of course brute force playing would net you more but time as an actual factor other than RNG would make me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom