• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a community for farming craft mats?

I feel like there should be if there isn't one. I spend like hours yesterday searching for the god damn Aughilds ghosts and bounties. So if anyone knows about a community that does this please post it.

Or else I am going to make a new one.
I'm down to farm mats when I'm in FYI. I need crimsons, but auglids and ashera's are always welcome too.

J-Rzez

This seems ridiculous and computationally expensive to do for something that so clearly evil to implement. Even with some sort of fast caching solution (which I'm sure blizzard now has plenty of capacity to go around now that the AH is gone) in place the extra server side code involved in the selection and generation of the legendary at the time of drop doesn't seem worth it.

At this point I'm sure the CM team would love it if development would just publish the loot selection code to deal with all the wild loot theory threads.

Yeah, it's just so odd to be getting different greens and oranges all of a sudden. And I put a lot of time in my main DH and never noticed them once.

I wish they would come clean and say what their loot tables really are. But they won't.

The Cowboy

Have you tried the belt that increases damage on opening of a chest by 100%?

I heard it works on bone piles and shot too. Seems like TR + Epiphany could be killer with that belt.
Harrington Waistguards are the ones that increase damage when opening a chest, and yes - they work on almost everything you can loot (i love mine).

Shifty76

Have you tried the belt that increases damage on opening of a chest by 100%?

I heard it works on bone piles and shot too. Seems like TR + Epiphany could be killer with that belt.

You mean harrington waistguard that I specifically mentioned? :p

Crits go from 5m to 12-13m with that active. Note clicking on the corpse before the 2nd epiphany activation

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example

I'm telling you straight up, that I myself got the set helm from the bag the other day. And there is no way that I am mistaken about this. I'm more than "pretty sure" - I'm freaking positive.

The blue post you quoted is saying the chance to find a legendary is the same. i.e. the drop rate is the same. The drop rate is not the same thing as the drop table. Those DO CHANGE once you step it up to torment.

Harrington Waistguards are the ones that increase damage when opening a chest, and yes - they work on almost everything you can loot (i love mine).

Ohh yeah. I was thinking of hellcat for a second there. Duh. I have the belt, but have been hesitant to drop my witching hour. Will give this a shot tonight.

ferr

You mean harrington waistguard that I specifically mentioned? :p

Crits go from 5m to 12-13m with that active. Note clicking on the corpse before the 2nd epiphany activation

Just got one from Kadala (after a whopping 4 attempts) and it is great. I was aiming for WH, but this is probably better. It's active constantly... hope it doesn't get nerfed to chests only.

I'm telling you straight up, that I myself got the set helm from the bag the other day. And there is no way that I am mistaken about this.

The blue post you quoted is saying the chance to find a legendary is the same. i.e. the drop rate is the same. The drop rate is not the same thing as the drop table. Those DO CHANGE once you step it up to torment.

Look at the first link.

To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries.

I think if you did get a set item from a cache, it was a bug\fluke.

The Cowboy

Just got one from Kadala (after a whopping 4 attempts) and it is great. I was aiming for WH, but this is probably better. It's active constantly... hope it doesn't get nerfed to chests only.
Indeed, i would be gutted if they nerfed it like that. In saying that - in some places it is really is OP (mine are on the lower scale @ 105%), for example in places like battlefield its almost 100% up time.

If anything, i expect a nerf to the damage amount and not on what can active it, i hope they don't - but i really do expect it.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Look at the first link.

Blues have been proven wrong before, many times. Like the other day when they said Kadala can't give the leap boots (think they are called Lut Socks)...but plenty of people have gotten them from her before...and recently too.

ferr

Any way to filter out cheesy players in diabloprogress? I like to use it to set goals, but it seems like it's filled with people that have like 50k health and 5 million damage. It'd be nice if there was an advanced search to get highest elite element dmg if health > 300k or something.

Is it just me or the drop rate of legendries item has been decresed

It's just you. RNG is RNG. I got Nat slayer, marauder boots, harrington, and a couple other legs in a span of about 1 hour last night.

So TR + snapshotted (blind + Harrington Waistguard) Epiphany is fun: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvIcdRElfvY&feature=youtu.be

Yeah this is basically your very own private Conduit Pylon.

Are you using a Laws of Seph in your TR set? I keep thinking that's better than a Fire Andariel's for the build but the official forums aren't in agreement.

Having to run Mystic Ally for spirit sucks. CDR reduction+Laws of Seph seem so much better and synergistic.

Shifty76

Yeah this is basically your very own private Conduit Pylon.

Are you using a Laws of Seph in your TR set? I keep thinking that's better than a Fire Andariel's for the build but the official forums aren't in agreement.

Having to run Mystic Ally for spirit sucks. CDR reduction+Laws of Seph seem so much better and synergistic.

Would run it if I had one, yes.

I am not ready to jump in to the tinfoil hat theories yet, but my personal anecdote; all of the characters I created after 2.0 have far better drop rates than my DH who I had since day one. I have over twice the hours since 2.0 with my DH than any other class but substantially less legs and set items. In fact, the only leg cloak and set crossbow I have received was while playing as Crusader.

eek5

I am not ready to jump in to the tinfoil hat theories yet, but my personal anecdote; all of the characters I created after 2.0 have far better drop rates than my DH who I had since day one. I have over twice the hours since 2.0 with my DH than any other class but substantially less legs and set items. In fact, the only leg cloak and set crossbow I have received was while playing as Crusader.

My brand new monk hasn't been getting shit and my old monk got a ton of drops last night!! I cleared about the same amount of rifts and RIFs with each of them too!

anecdote vs anecdote...!!!

garath

Blues have been proven wrong before, many times. Like the other day when they said Kadala can't give the leap boots (think they are called Lut Socks)...but plenty of people have gotten them from her before...and recently too.

Except this particular subject has been specifically stated by blues 3 different times over the course of April. I'd be very surprised if they were that consistently mis-informed.

Here's the latest blue post about it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12505892002?page=3#45

edit: Actually that blue post talks about Kadala more than caches but includes some specifics around the subject so I'll leave it here.

Look at the first link.

So instead of fixing it so you couldn't get torment loots from normal bags but still get torment loot from torment bags, they just said screw it and took everything Torment out?

They're really bad with these fast fixes.

Indeed, i would be gutted if they nerfed it like that. In saying that - in some places it is really is OP (mine are on the lower scale @ 105%), for example in places like battlefield its almost 100% up time.

If anything, i expect a nerf to the damage amount and not on what can active it, i hope they don't - but i really do expect it.

I just got mine. I hope they don't nerf it. If the build isn't breaking stuff at all times it doesn't seem like it would be that great really. It's not like TR + Epiphany is pushing monks into T6 anyway.

garath

So instead of fixing it so you couldn't get torment loots from normal bags but still get torment loot from torment bags, they just said screw it and took everything Torment out?

They're really bad with these fast fixes.

It was always like that. They removed the gold scaling and gem drops. That was the only thing that was influenced by the difficulty level prior.

edit:

Bounty bags now properly ignore Difficulty setting when opened. You can no longer get Imperial Gems or increased gold by opening them on a higher difficulty.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274#1

eek5

I just got mine. I hope they don't nerf it. If the build isn't breaking stuff at all times it doesn't seem like it would be that great really. It's not like TR + Epiphany is pushing monks into T6 anyway.
I don't think they will. Fixing it prob requires too much logic changes. All those lootable things are probably classified as chests with diff drop tables

Do you even realize how hard those fire chains hit from the Maximus proc? It does more damage than any of the fury generators. I was using Cleave as my fury generator and even with 28% +cleave damage, +370%ish crit damage, +77% fire damage, 25% Rampage Str bonus, my cleave was doing about 3.5-4.0 million per hit.

My fire chains proc, on average, 5 million damage per trick and ticks faster than I can Cleave. Maybe with Bash + Punish, I could do an equivalent amount of damage, or perhaps Frenzy + Maniac. I've had Fire Chains as high as 12 million damage per tick - the proc damage is based on when the demon pops out and how buffed you are when he does appear (i.e. Rampage bonus, shrines, etc).

Yeah, no. I don't need a fury generator if the chains are proc'd. I can afford to stand around for a second or two if charge is on cooldown.

Yeah, Maximus is no joke. It hits hard. It hits fast. It negates needing to have a fury generator. On top of having the cost reduction on HOTA, Furious Charge/War Cry as Fury generators, and fury generation from globes with the Reaper Wraps, it's good stuff.
5m damage ticks don't even register past t2

Maximus proc is fine for crusaders (and for the enchantress follower which is where my maximus is atm) since they can't dual wield , but giving up 130 percent crit dmg, 300 odd str and a second weapon proc for it? it doesn't even come close to being worth it
I've never seen a barb using a 2h (maybe scourge before the nerf idk)

my weapon throw crits for 6.5-8m on white mobs, 45 percent higher on bosses due to my elite damage, it has a 100 percent proc coefficient for thunderfury which also crits for 4-6m on white mobs (45 percent harder on elites from elite dmg) If I had a shard or ordyn it would proc that as well.
I have 40 percent attack speed from gear and paragon , you are using a 2hander, of course with the slow attack speed from a 2h your builder will attack slower than the chains proc

I use pox faulds atm (same uptime as maximus demon and it hits everything in an aoe no need to run around to position the chain) which crits for 4m for me and that damage doesn't register anymore either for me.
I'll replace them the moment I find IK gloves to keep my aeshera set (asheara pants to replace asheara gloves)

I doubt anyone is going to tell you you have a good build if you are standing around unable to attack while waiting for your fury to regen and are using a 2h on barb

JoeMartin

v8HISDK.png

Oh Jesus this actually works with creeping death. Fucking unreal combo. Guess minion build is on hold.

I think they will leave it more or less alone. It's only a real standout when soloing, and there are more than a few other legendaries that have the similar "boost" in Torment performance that the belt has.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Qukck question about blood shards/Kadala. Is there any reason why I should avoid spending them before hitting level 70?

Because getting legendaries pre 70 is gonna make you really sad when you hit 70 and have to look back at your level 44 thunderfury ;_______;

Only spend blood shards pre 70 if you're about to hit 500, and not more than 50 at a time i'd say.

Dahbomb

Community for mats is legit. Good for Crimson and Aughild.

Too bad my 10 crafts weren't good.. :/

Farmed like 500 blue and yellow mats today all down the tube. God damn Monks!

eek5

Community for mats is legit. Good for Crimson and Aughild.

Too bad my 10 crafts weren't good.. :/

Farmed like 500 blue and yellow mats today all down the tube. God damn Monks!

Make 5 monks then all your crafts will be good! The stronkest monk survives!!

v8HISDK.png

Oh Jesus this actually works with creeping death. Fucking unreal combo. Guess minion build is on hold.

Infinite dots build. Dots don't crit it seems. Build as a tank. Get the biggest two hands you can. Use fire locusts and the bigger dmg Haunt. Go solo any T6 bosses just applying dots and running around while their life melt.

Totakeke

Only interesting item tonight, even Kadala was stingy today.

Inviolable Faith + Asheara = ???

What about a party with 4 person using Ashearas.

Artanisix

Infinite dots build. Dots don't crit it seems. Build as a tank. Get the biggest two hands you can. Use fire locusts and the bigger dmg Haunt. Go solo any T6 bosses just applying dots and running around while their life melt.

Dots do crit, but they'll appear as white damage

Search for aughilds in communities and see if there is one. Most of htem are pretty dead though.

If you ever want to farm twin seas, aughild, asheara, shattered cores, born key.. I'm always down yo!

What's your battletag? I want to farm for Born's key. Pretty boring right now. KINGofCRA5H#1868

Dahbomb

Make 5 monks then all your crafts will be good! The stronkest monk survives!!
No lie I am actually thinking about making another Monk just so that I have a better chance of getting more sets that are usable.

I cringe whenever I see a near perfect item but then I see Arcane resistance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom