• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I'm not surprised that they have lowered exp gain. I was thinking in the last few weeks that it's just going way too quickly and when the expansion comes out people are going to get their fill too fast. It seems lame to just run the same miniature dungeon over and over again to level up and it would be a shame that so many people will get their Crusaders to 60 in no-time and never have developed any affinity for certain skills because there won't be any reason to test everything out as you level.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just can't be into the game right now. I play my 60's and I'm like "what am I doing when they will go to 70 so soon?" and I play my barb and I'm like "what am I doing, I won't touch this when I can play crusader"

lol I just want crusader and adventure mode

Cipherr

Alright but I don't really understand whats going on - none of my attacks seem to do much damage with the gear I had on months ago even on easy. The things I had were pretty good too - enough to get through Inferno.

All of your gear is awful.

I realized this as I did my spring cleaning from my mules inventories yesterday. I had packed away tons of rares and legendaries that were just "Far to good to sell off". Yesterday I ended up melting and vendoring them all, because over time they have drastically changed the stats on items much higher and gave much better affixes.

Your damage and survivability is going to be awful until you get every slot up to what is now the new general baseline. The good news is, drops don't suck anymore, so just downgrade to Master difficulty or even lower, and kill stuff that you can. You will get tons of upgrades and be in Torment 1 in no time. You will also be gaining paragons in the interim allowing you to spend those points on passive bonuses that you want.

I thought you are living in Australia because it would be 3pm on Tuesday in NSW.

It's the 24th in most places and according to this

Regional Launch Times
Reaper of Souls will launch at different times in each Diablo III gameplay region. Please see the below list to learn when the expansion will be available in your preferred region.
For Asia, the expansion will be available to play at 11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.
3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
2:00 a.m. CST on March 25
For Europe, the expansion will be available to play at 4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
23:00 GMT on March 24
00:00 CET on March 25
01:00 EET on March 25
03:00 MSK on March 25
For the Americas, the expansion will be available to play on 9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25
3:00 p.m. AEDT on March 25

It's 5am AEST on the 25th. That's 2 hours ahead of Korea

Zemm

I'm not surprised that they have lowered exp gain. I was thinking in the last few weeks that it's just going way too quickly and when the expansion comes out people are going to get their fill too fast. It seems lame to just run the same miniature dungeon over and over again to level up and it would be a shame that so many people will get their Crusaders to 60 in no-time and never have developed any affinity for certain skills because there won't be any reason to test everything out as you level.

That's how I feel. Running CotA over and over looks like the most mind numbing activity I could think of in a game, I feel sorry for people actually doing it for hours on end.

GorillaJu

Wanted to hopefully find some resources about ROS, Crusaders (info from people who played the beta, etc), so I went to possibly the worst place you could go: the Blizzard forums.

9vamD6k.png

I don't know what I expected.

Xyber

Wanted to hopefully find some resources about ROS, Crusaders (info from people who played the beta, etc), so I went to possibly the worst place you could go: the Blizzard forums.

http://i.imgur.com/9vamD6k.png[IMG]

I don't know what I expected.[/QUOTE]

Eh, almost half of those thread were at least on some legit complaint that some people have with the game.

I'd say that's pretty good for an official forum. :P Could be way worse.

Goldenhen

It's the 24th in most places and according to this

It's 5am AEST on the 25th. That's 2 hours ahead of Korea
That would be true if you are playing on Asia region which I don't.

I'm only playing on American region because I want to have access to Australian server so I would have to wait til it's 3pm AEDT here.

Deadly

I've been doing some tests and for many zones the hotfix nerf makes it so we're getting less exp/hour with the 100% buff than we were before the nerf with only the 50% buff.

It's affected way more than "below average health swarming monsters" - it seems like it's the majority of the monsters in the game. It didn't even take the crown away from CotA, it's still the fastest.

Grr.
So nerfing CotA results in not nerfing CotA.....wonderful.

Thoraxes

Loot drop frequency seem really down to anyone else? I ran 2 quests tonight: raise the catapults & defeating Ghom, and I didn't even fill my inventory once. Basically white enemies never dropped anything & elite packs dropped only one item. I know RNG gonna RNG, but for me that's usually item quality, not huge dips in drop quantity.

Anyone else?

Nah. I got like 5 legendaries and 2 set items in the span of 2 hours tonight.

Robin64

My last few runs have been the most legendaries I ever got in a session. It was RAINING orange and green shit.

RNG gonna RNG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So they really nerfed XP hard? Everyone's already like paragon 100... how the heck are you supposed to catch up?

Yeah it was ROYALLY fucked. The issue here is that they wanted to stop CotA and ruined the experience for everyone playing, including the ones that played the story mode...

Robin64

So they really nerfed XP hard? Everyone's already like paragon 100... how the heck are you supposed to catch up?

Reddit commenters are pretty unhappy, and have lots of examples of things. Yeah, the nerf was more than just areas like CotA and without the 100% on, things are going be slow as shit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/211wnd/looks_like_the_experience_hotfix_is_live_what/

Edit: Fuck, I was taking my 45 DH through Arreat Crater on Hard, that's where she is in the story, and even with the 100% exp buff and a bonus exp altar, most stuff was not moving my exp bar even slightly. Fucking SHIT.

Reddit commenters are pretty unhappy, and have lots of examples of things. Yeah, the nerf was more than just areas like CotA and without the 100% on, things are going be slow as shit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/211wnd/looks_like_the_experience_hotfix_is_live_what/

Edit: Fuck, I was taking my 45 DH through Arreat Crater on Hard, that's where she is in the story, and even with the 100% exp buff and a bonus exp altar, most stuff was not moving my exp bar even slightly. Fucking SHIT.

Been playing infamous ss all day yesterday...when did this happen?

Hayabusi

Visiting my parents at the moment and brought my Macbook Air. Installed the game (which took hours with the slow internet here) and it worked fine when the install was "optimal". Now that I finished the complete install I am not able to connect to a game. Can get inside the menu, select my character and then nothing happens.
So frustrating...:(

Gothos

Typical Blizzard - from one extreme to another :D

Anyway, just killed Diablo to prepare my Barb for Act V and wow, (s)he dropped 3 legendaries!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It just seems so silly to punish everyone because people are hitting high paragon levels via daily grinding of CotA. Everything's going to be worse once this buff disappears.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think my head is about to explode

Dunfisch

The nerf to exp gain doesn't appear to be quite as clear-cut as some may think.

Going by the Reddit thread linked, and a few other opinions on the Blizz forums, you have 2 factors - exp gains being cut across the board and the community buff not being applied at level 60.

Simple example done straight in line with the discussed values - say at level 60 a zombie gives 100 experience, as baseline. If we had a community buff of 100% more, you'd get 200 from him. Now if you nerf his baseline exp by, say, 40%, you get 60. But if the buff isn't applying, you only get *those* 60. Compared to 200, that obviously feels like a nerf of more than two thirds - in line with the 70% reduction people post.

So basically while exp gains have been nerfed, it's not *as* bad as it appears... unless the buff not triggering at 60 is intended, in which case shitfire.

But for a rough estimate, whatever we did yesterday - especially that run I was in with Yoshi with - will now take over three times as long. And once RoS hits, unless anything changes, we'll be stuck with this. A rough third of the exp rate we had yesterday.

[EXCITEMENT DOES NOT INTENSIFY]

Yoshichan

HYPE REDUCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Won

I really hope it's just a bug of the bonus exp not working properly. Otherwise it would be just ridiculous.

That would be true if you are playing on Asia region which I don't.

I'm only playing on American region because I want to have access to Australian server so I would have to wait til it's 3pm AEDT here.

Oh, god damn it!

3pm it is.

I don't know my eyes didn't scan to the bottom and see AEDT or that it was referring to the server regions rather than simply geographically. I was blinded by light hype

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
hahaha
HAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHA

Blizzard HQ:
Q9hcXlf.gif

I seriously do not understand what the process or approval is for these hotfixes because they were equally ridiculous at and right after launch.

Yoshichan

Honestly my mind is boggling right now

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY WERE THINKING

Seriously, while CotA runs were a bit too efficient the rest of the game was perfectly fine. Now it's all fucked, apparently Blizzard does not test these fixes before implementing them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/211wnd/looks_like_the_experience_hotfix_is_live_what/cg8xrdl

Yoshichan

Sorry, but what are you all talking about exactly?
The exp bonus isn't working anymore or what?
It's DEAD. EXP in general is DEAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom