• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Where the hell is my 4th Tal Rasha piece? I have been trying to farm it for a week now. Throw me a bone, Blizz.

garath

Where the hell is my 4th Tal Rasha piece? I have been trying to farm it for a week now. Throw me a bone, Blizz.

Where is my first set piece ever?? Throw ME a bone ;)

I have a tab almost completely filled with legendaries but not a single set piece.

Dahbomb

Wtf did I wake up to? Seriously, Blizz... can't let us have one weekend of pure unadulterated leveling, can you?
If people are right in that the monster EXP base gain is reduced by half then the community buff is working as intended.

Normal mob EXP: 500k
Community buff of 50%: 750k

Post nerf mob EXP: 250k (reduced by half)
Community buff of 100%: 500k

This is probably what is happening as Blizzard gears up for RoS. EXP gain too slow? Buy RoS!

Vodh

Didn't they shift XP rewards of mobs so that low hp mobs gave less and high hp mobs gave more way back in like 1.0.6 or 7?

Robin64

UiKYvCC.png

Adventure Mode. Fuck yeah!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Everyone is throwing a fit over exp and I'm just sitting here slayin monsters...

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Are you on Torment?

I play on Torment 2-4.

Where is my first set piece ever?? Throw ME a bone ;)

I have a tab almost completely filled with legendaries but not a single set piece.

Yeah, I can't really complain about Legendary drop rates. I usually get a few every session. It's just the Tal Rasha set not completing that's frustrating (and I know I'll have to go through it again at 70). I've even gotten duplicates of the amulet and chestpiece and gave them away. I just want my elemental meteors, Blizz...

epmode

So I still haven't seen Whimsyshire. As it turns out, I needed three of the five required items. I got two of them pretty quickly. A guide said that the last item, the Gibbering Gemstone, is a 100% drop rate from Chiltara, a very rare mob that appears in an Act 3 optional dungeon (the dungeon itself doesn't appear each time).

I spent the last ~4 hours rerunning the stupid dungeon, finally found Chiltara but the gemstone didn't drop. THEN I found out that the item is not actually a 100% drop rate. In fact, quite a few people dropped Chiltara 10+ times without seeing a gemstone. Seems kind of ridiculous to put something like this behind a WoW-style grind in a non-MMO. Is it a bug?

The Staff of Herding will never be mine :(

Does seem like there is something to the community buff being pre-60 only. And I'm actually OK with that. Why would they want people blowing through the RoS-level content (paragon levels) pre-RoS? Especially since they are shared among all characters. This is basically a chance for everyone to get their pre-60s up to the level needed to play the new content.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

So, I'm going to assume that people have informed Blizzard that the Community XP buff may be borked, right? Hope its fixed when I get home from work. =x

Yeah, I updated my existing reddit thread, made a new one, sent a tweet and put in a bug report.

UiKYvCC.png

Adventure Mode. Fuck yeah!

Man, I wish. With the way goblins are these days, you'd be lucky to get one legendary out of a full goblin rift, not 3-4 legendaries per room like he got during the F&F beta.

KarmaCow

So I still haven't seen Whimsyshire. As it turns out, I needed three of the five required items. I got two of them pretty quickly. A guide said that the last item, the Gibbering Gemstone, is a 100% drop rate from Chiltara, a very rare mob that appears in an Act 3 optional dungeon (the dungeon itself doesn't appear each time).

I spent the last ~4 hours rerunning the stupid dungeon, finally found Chiltara but the gemstone didn't drop. THEN I found out that the item is not actually a 100% drop rate. In fact, quite a few people dropped Chiltara 10+ times without seeing a gemstone. Seems kind of ridiculous to put something like this behind a WoW-style grind in a non-MMO. Is it a bug?

I'm in the same position, it's really annoying.

Robin64

Blizzard's official stance:

Tsarnis said:
The drop rate of the Gibbering Gemstone is currently set at the same level is has always been set to. However, due to some changes that went into 2.0.1, Chilltara isn't appearing in the game world quite as often as she did previously, making this key slightly more difficult to get than it was in 1.0.8.

We have plans for a future patch to make this slightly easier to obtain, but for now, we have verified that the Gemstone is obtainable. It might just require a bit more persistence than it did previously.

I am going to go ahead and lock this thread now, but we really appreciate all the reports about this. Thanks!

It's a load of bullshit that the drop rate is the "same" when every single guide in existence says it was 100%.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12069716861#14

waah can't decide what to do on Monday Midnight ..
start a new Crusader or play Act V/Rifts with my highest lvl char first ..

I was pretty set on making a Crusader come Tuesday, but with these XP nerfs it's going to take longer than i originally thought to level him to max.

Firemind

Yeah, I updated my existing reddit thread, made a new one, sent a tweet and put in a bug report.

Man, I wish. With the way goblins are these days, you'd be lucky to get one legendary out of a full goblin rift, not 3-4 legendaries per room like he got during the F&F beta.

I can barely kill ONE goblin on T1, never mind five.

I am pissed about the nerf but I am glad I am not going crazy. I felt like leveling was awful last night while playing new toons with friends and then going for some paragon levels later. It is like Blizzard could handle all of the positive press going their way. "Quick, nerf the positive vibes, we're Blizzard damn it"

epmode

Blizzard's official stance:

It's a load of bullshit that the drop rate is the "same" when every single guide in existence says it was 100%.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12069716861#14

Gross. Super-gross.

What do they get out of locking the secret area away like that? Even with the 100% drop rate, no one was getting into Whimsyshire unless they knew where the pieces were and reran the specific areas multiple times. In this case, the hard part is just getting the stupid mob to spawn, why would that have a low drop rate on top of that?

If you're in the US-Clan send me a message when I'm on and I'll make a Whimsyshire run for you.

Thanks but I'm not in the clan. I'm good with just getting it myself after a patch fixes the drop rate.

So does all this exp Nerf stuff make leveling a 1-60 character slower then 2x rate? I really want this 60 wizard

Based on what I expereiced last night and what some "case studies" from the D3 forums are saying, yes. Leveling is slower 1-60 @ 100% community bonus than it was with 50% community bonus. Leave it to Blizzard to make 50% > 100%

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Now's a good time to level alts if you need to. The 100% buff works for characters under 60, just not at 60. Just make sure you're not focusing on easy mob types - some of them don't give much exp any more.

I am a bit of a loss here lol

Installed and started playing on my lvl 60 wizard again. Quit playing about 3 months after launch so my gear is rather meh. A weapon already dropped that was way better than what I had in normal. What difficulty level would you all suggest? Normal for a while?

Decided to jump back in after not playing since the launch time frame. Obviously there have been tons of changes. In particular I really like the idea of ratcheting up the difficulty for more exp if you already have twinked a new character.

I've been leveling a new wizard to 60, but man, I've had a hell of a time finding games with people in them to party with. Not that I need party members to progress, but it alleviates a bit of the monotony. In LOD you could easily find someone doing some part of act 1/2/4/5.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm going to be logging in soon and I feel like power leveling some people.

So if you're in the US-GAF clan and are looking to get one of your extra characters up to 60 send me a message and we'll get this going. Can do 3 at a time.

edit: add me Granadier#1345 if you are interested

I am a bit of a loss here lol

Installed and started playing on my lvl 60 wizard again. Quit playing about 3 months after launch so my gear is rather meh. A weapon already dropped that was way better than what I had in normal. What difficulty level would you all suggest? Normal for a while?

Nah, normal is exceedingly easy, even for new characters. I'd start at torment 1, find a champ / elite pack, and see how you do. If terrible, hit esc and lower the difficulty, and repeat until you find your sweet spot and find enough gear to hang in torment 1.

Jira

I'm at a loss if this is working as intended. I cannot imagine that they thought this was the proper solution to the CoTA stuff.

I'm going to be logging in soon and I feel like power leveling some people.

So if you're in the US-GAF clan and are looking to get one of your extra characters up to 60 send me a message and we'll get this going. Can do 3 at a time.

edit: add me Granadier#1345 if you are interested

Do I have to actually be in the clan? I'm in NA but I haven't applied to the clan because I just started playing this again. If it doesn't work out, no worries!

Played again this morning and ran my favorite dungeon (Fortified Bunker, right before you hit the ballistae in Act 3). It's 2 levels and I normally fill up my inventory at least once. Mob density way down. Not a single white mob dropped *anything*. Elites only dropped one rare.

Same as last night. I'm puling the lever, but no pellet is coming out. Hopefully tonight is better. :-/

Jrmint

So, dudes, if I want to get into some of the special stuff, like cow level etc. - things I did not see yet - where to begin?
It's probably just best to group with someone who can access it at this point. It takes a while and a lot of farming to build the staff.

What happened to the Xpeeees?

I got my DH from 52 to 57 in no time and now with the 100% bonus it's taking a lot longer.

:(

I should still be able to get 60 this weekend easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom