• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

So I still haven't seen Whimsyshire. As it turns out, I needed three of the five required items. I got two of them pretty quickly. A guide said that the last item, the Gibbering Gemstone, is a 100% drop rate from Chiltara, a very rare mob that appears in an Act 3 optional dungeon (the dungeon itself doesn't appear each time).

I spent the last ~4 hours rerunning the stupid dungeon, finally found Chiltara but the gemstone didn't drop. THEN I found out that the item is not actually a 100% drop rate. In fact, quite a few people dropped Chiltara 10+ times without seeing a gemstone. Seems kind of ridiculous to put something like this behind a WoW-style grind in a non-MMO. Is it a bug?

The Staff of Herding will never be mine :(

haha. I've been trying the same exact thing all day. Strange how we had the same thoughts.

epmode

I'm sorry. but this seems like the most ridiculous thing to complain about lol. Leveling lower levels still seems fine.

You're misunderstanding his point. It's just a good example of how badly the XP was nerfed.

Yesterday, you could create a new character and hit level 2 pretty much the instant Tristram's front gate opened. That was with a 50% XP bonus.

Today, with the 100% bonus, you're only halfway there when the gates open. It's a huge nerf.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This has to be a record.

Still playing this game non-stop. Blizzard shat on our face and my group's adapted to it. Min-maxing the runs right now.

32 minutes per level. Paragon 297

pahamrick

I'm sorry. but this seems like the most ridiculous thing to complain about lol. Leveling lower levels still seems fine.

Not complaining, I just think it's silly to 'raise' the bonus to 100% then do a blanket XP nerf the same time. .

And leveling lowbies is slower than it was when I last did it a week ago. I was able to take a monk from 45 - 60 on expert doing all of act 1 and some of act 2.

On my barb, on expert, I only went from 49-58 doing the same run.

Still playing this game non-stop. Blizzard shat on our face and my group's adapted to it. Min-maxing the runs right now.

32 minutes per level. Paragon 297

How many minutes per level were you averaging before?

Just crafted my first 3 pieces of matching set armor (helm,gloves,belt) for my lvl 55 Wizard. Feelsgoodman.gif Never even touched the blacksmith for crafting back in 1.0.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just finished some power leveling, sorry to the people that couldn't make it in. I'll be back later to do some more.

Listening to EU-GAF on mumble kept me sane! So funny to listen to you guys min-maxing life.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Listening to EU-GAF on mumble kept me sane! So funny to listen to you guys min-maxing life.
:D That's what we do! Nice talking to you brother

ucdawg12

Once you guys hit 60, how do you raise your damage to some of these levels I'm seeing? I'm very new to the game so I don't know the ropes that well. I'm at 43k right now and just kind of going through the game again to farm. I get little tiny upgrades every once in a while but man how do you guys hit like 100k+?

Once you guys hit 60, how do you raise your damage to some of these levels I'm seeing? I'm very new to the game so I don't know the ropes that well. I'm at 43k right now and just kind of going through the game again to farm. I get little tiny upgrades every once in a while but man how do you guys hit like 100k+?
Weapon with socket is a huge factor :)

Paragon levels give you stat points to distribute

This is going to be Yoshi's PC come Tuesday

diablo3crazyperson530pxheaderimg1251251.jpg

Yoshichan

Trying out Mumble for the first time. Gotta set up the mic. I'm on NA. Looks like no one else is on

Try it in EU Mumble. We're talking here all the time.

Zemm

Based on what I expereiced last night and what some "case studies" from the D3 forums are saying, yes. Leveling is slower 1-60 @ 100% community bonus than it was with 50% community bonus. Leave it to Blizzard to make 50% > 100%

I don't think this I true, I was getting a level every 3-5 minutes from 30-40 and a level every 10-15 minutes 40-50 today. It seemed much faster than when I last levelled a character a week ago.

Yoshichan

yUVIUAi.png

eyLb9ZP.png

DING PARAGON 300!

Paragon 0 -> 100 = 4 days (unsure about this, I can't confirm when I started playing)
Paragon 100 -> 200 = 1 week, 2 days
Paragon 200 -> 300 = 1 week, 1 day

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KS85Q7w.jpg

ferr

yUVIUAi.png

eyLb9ZP.png

DING PARAGON 300!

Paragon 0 -> 100 = 4 days (unsure about this, I can't confirm when I started playing)

KS85Q7w.jpg

grats. don't get 300-itis and quit. you need to get to 800 now.

Yoshichan

Quit? I've already retired! Who needs RoS?!

Fuct

Neo Member

Overall, critical hits are most important for DPS I'd say. 40-50% crit chance + items with +crit damage will go a long way. Weapons with sockets (put a fat emerald in there) help a lot too (as witchedwiz said). Crits provide many other awesome bonuses too. I'm primarily wizard, and items with APOC (arcane power on critical hit) are key to most builds.

Other than that, finding a legendary weapon (post-2.0) and gear with +primary stat is the obvious answer. Increased attack speed (IAS) ist very valuable too, but beware that you will be burning through your primary resource faster.

Nokterian

yUVIUAi.png

eyLb9ZP.png

DING PARAGON 300!

KS85Q7w.jpg

Congratulations yoshi!

I am way way lower then that but i am proud to be paragon 61 right now.

Sheesh yoshi is OP. I remember for a short period when 2.0 hit and I was ahead of yoshi in paragon now he's double me lol (only 152) Though I've been playing other games too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom