• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Yeah, thanks Zero, Alba, Flutter, and other guy with a Z in his name. I had pretty much 0 expectation that I would be able to craft a hellfire ring before the expansion but thanks to you guys got one last night. Now if I can just get rid of these 7 keys of destruction!

Easy! Farm more keys and make more machines to get yourself a ring for a different class/stat!

:D

VandalD

Yeah, thanks Zero, Alba, Flutter, and other guy with a Z in his name. I had pretty much 0 expectation that I would be able to craft a hellfire ring before the expansion but thanks to you guys got one last night. Now if I can just get rid of these 7 keys of destruction!
No Z in my name, good sir! I made my ring last night also. Lucked out on the first round of machines with you guys.

Strider

100% bonus or not I just cant bring myself to go through the campaign anymore :/

Idk how some of you did it as much as you have...

3 MORE DAYS THEN ADVENTURE MODE FOR LIFE!

evilalien

100% bonus or not I just cant bring myself to go through the campaign anymore :/

Same, I'm sick of the campaign and I'm sick of the usual farming spots. I can't wait for RoS to hit so I can get back to playing.

Chocobro

:( You guys making me sad that my chances of getting a Hellfire Ring before ROS are low. I happened to do a few infernal machine runs with my friends yesterday on Torment II; had a total about 7 machines and I'm missing the Writhing Spine.

mackattk

Just finished some power leveling, sorry to the people that couldn't make it in. I'll be back later to do some more.

Listening to EU-GAF on mumble kept me sane! So funny to listen to you guys min-maxing life.

Meant to respond earlier, but thanks for the run. 1-59.5 is awesome. Looking to finish me off to 60 later tonight.

Vic_Bast

I have enough for four myself, and am going to be lazily farming some more keys from Act IV keywarden when I get home from my nephews pinewood derby this evening. With any luck I might have another machine or two by the time we would start again.

Today I´m sure I will build the ring for my Crusader! One Spine left
BTW Victor here xD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Paragon 306

THESE LEVELS

THEY WON'T STOP

KarmaCow

:( You guys making me sad that my chances of getting a Hellfire Ring before ROS are low. I happened to do a few infernal machine runs with my friends yesterday on Torment II; had a total about 7 machines and I'm missing the Writhing Spine.

That's funny because I did about 6 machines and ended up with only the Writhing Spine.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

You are not alone. Adventure mode is my single most wanted feature of RoS, even moreso than the crusader.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Patapon... patapon... patapatapatapon... paragon... paragon... paraparaparagon...

south-park-s10e12-go-god-go_4x3.jpg

Wake me on Monday night.

garath

My legendaries and XP has dried up a bit. Last few hours I only managed to make one infernal machine. Sigh. Bring on RoS!!!

ezekial45

Banned
Guys, I want to get to the Secret Level with the ponies. Do I still have to farm Diablo for the plans? I'm not sure what's changed since the patch.

epmode

Three Chiltara kills so far, still no goddamned Gibbering Gemstone. It's hard enough to get the stupid mob to spawn, why make the drop rare as well?

Guys, I want to get to the Secret Level with the ponies. Do I still have to farm Diablo for the plans?

No, you have to get five items including the Gibbering Gemstone. It's awful. Don't do it.

Mind still isn't made up if I want to speed through act 5 to unlock adventure mode for the crusader or just go through story with the crusader to unlock it.

Dahbomb

I don't even know why people are bothering with the secret level.

Shit is ass, the zone drops the same loot as every other zone. It's not good for loot and it's not good for EXP either.

epmode

Shit is ass, the zone drops the same loot as every other zone. It's not good for loot and it's not good for EXP either.

It's a good thing I don't want to go there for loot or XP then!

ezekial45

Banned

Three Chiltara kills so far, still no goddamned Gibbering Gemstone. It's hard enough to get the stupid mob to spawn, why make the drop rare as well?

No, you have to get five items including the Gibbering Gemstone. It's awful. Don't do it.

I have all the parts, i just need to build it.

I've never actually tried the level, and I've had this game since release.

Sciz

This isn't strictly true, although one of the two novelty items doesn't seem to be dropping post-2.0.

Flipyap

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ashodin-1707/hero/171860

nades with tinkerer, fan of knives with knife expert for spam on right click, vault for flipping into melee with trail of cinders for damage to everything on the way in (or crisscrossing like an X), wolves for companion damage + 30% boost (have the cloak of the garwulf for that), and sentries with rockets so if I need to hang around an area the damage will mount over time. Oh yeah and Shuriken Cloud for more Aoe damage around me

Imma GIF it

k9HKl8s.gif

This how we do it in Demon Hunter melee land

Rocket Passive, Perfectionist, Tactical Advantage for SPEEEEEEEED

Just realized I need the fire boots to be even more awespme.
So I tried this and it's really fun, but... how the hell do I get gear for this guy? Do I have to switch to my monk to grind myself a kinda-sorta class-appropriate shield?

I wish Loot 2.0 would drop gear for other classes, at least from time to time (maybe as a loot-one-get-one-free kind of bonus). The current system really locks you on one character and makes mixing things up feel like a waste of time, because you're never going to improve your "main" that way.

VandalD

So I tried this and it's really fun, but... how the hell do I get gear for this guy? Do I have to switch to my monk to grind myself a kinda-sorta class-appropriate shield?

I wish Loot 2.0 would drop gear for other classes, at least from time to time (maybe as a loot-one-get-one-free kind of bonus). The current system really locks you on one character and makes mixing things up feel like a waste of time, because you're never going to improve your "main" that way.
You can occasionally get loot for other classes. Some folks have found Crusader-only items. Yeah, the best way to get a melee weapon for your DH would be to craft one, or play a monk.

Cipherr

Yeah I can see this being a flaw, smart loot needs to drop stuff from every possible build you can run on the class. And on occasion a bonus piece of loot relevant to another class has to drop also so you can have something for alts at times.

I play a DH and Monk though so this doesn't bother me much in its current form.

Flipyap

You can occasionally get loot for other classes. Some folks have found Crusader-only items. Yeah, the best way to get a melee weapon for your DH would be to craft one, or play a monk.
Yellows and below, yes, but I don't think you can get legendaries for other classes, and even if you get a legendary that might be more appropriate for a different character, it will still have stats generated for the one you're currently using, which usually makes them worthless.

Ashodin

Yea you gotta craft one or play monk and transfer their drops over. Really sucks sometimes!

Atlantis

Speaking of drops for different classes, did they ever change it so I'm able to get some good follow drops without playing certain classes?

I played a Wizard on the PTR and had to constantly check vendors to keep my Templar up to date.

I have one 60 (monk) and the rest high 40s and 50s
Paragon 5, and 300k gold. I'm more than ready for RoS, bitches!

We should make an AusGAF clan ;)

VandalD

Speaking of drops for different classes, did they ever change it so I'm able to get some good follow drops without playing certain classes?

I played a Wizard on the PTR and had to constantly check vendors to keep my Templar up to date.
That hasn't changed from what I've noticed. Good follower specific drops, but not, for instance, a good weapon for a templar while you're playing your wizard.

Baliis

Yellows and below, yes, but I don't think you can get legendaries for other classes, and even if you get a legendary that might be more appropriate for a different character, it will still have stats generated for the one you're currently using, which usually makes them worthless.

Not necessarily true. I get dex and str legs all the time on my wizard. I even have a maneald heal or whatever that rolled the crusader stat bonus.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Generally it's best to farm for Templar items on your STR character, or else craft some items for him on your STR character.

After 2.0 the smart loot will 95% of the time drop items for your class's main stat.

Meant to respond earlier, but thanks for the run. 1-59.5 is awesome. Looking to finish me off to 60 later tonight.

I call that the blue ball special. Only available on Saturdays.
but seriously sorry for having to bail

Guys, I want to get to the Secret Level with the ponies. Do I still have to farm Diablo for the plans? I'm not sure what's changed since the patch.

Send me a friend request if your on NA, Granadier#1345, I have a staff and I'll make you some games so we can slaughter ponies.

MARQUISE BABY WHERE YOU AT

7103673_det.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom