• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the wiz to 60 this morning. That was fast.

The 227 levels of paragon, hellfire, cains set, -19 level requirement 1200 DPS 1H and exp bonus made that a stupidly easy process.

Since ROS is launching at midnight EST, will those of us in earlier time zones have a precious hour or more to plvl our Crusaders at 3300% exp? Or does the event end at midnight EST as well?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I hit paragon 400 this morning...and just in time from the looks of it. Seems they nerfed xp by up to 70% according to some reports on the official forums. The hotfix states that only monsters w/ average health (health modifier of 1.0 or less) were affected but even large mobs had their rates cut by 30%.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What a good group tonight NA-GAF.

Dreams gets para 200.

I get para 100.

but damn, those runs are BORING

So, what did I miss? What is that all about? RoS looks great to me, but it sounds like something got changed? o_O

I think this is entirely about the experience nerf, which is still a very muddled and unclear issue? Some people are switching between servers that have had the hotfix applied and others that don't and are reporting it seems like a bug and it should only be affecting a few monster types.

personally I thought we hit peak doom levels™ a week or two into the F&F beta when people were farming torment VI in a week and had full legendary gear.

Is that the only change? Going by reactions, it seems more was done. =x

the battle.net forums have never been renowned for high quality posting.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Finally got around to crafting a hellfire ring for my future Crusader. Pleased with how it turned out.

n9MbgB0.jpg

Sciz

Official forums are reaching peak levels of drama:

It's incredible how the official forums can take every single nerf, design decision, and minor inconvenience and immediately elevate it to Blizzard twisting the knife in the backs of their loyal customers. I don't know how the blues resist banning the lot of them.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
It's incredible how the official forums can take every single nerf, design decision, and minor inconvenience and immediately elevate it to Blizzard twisting the knife in the backs of their loyal customers. I don't know how the blues resist banning the lot of them.

Tseric ;_;

Jira

Welcome to the official forums of every video game on the internet. It's a good thing they exist cause it pools the idiots in one place to collectively circlejerk each other.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I'm going to level my Wiz some more (he's at 3X now but need him at 60) - if someone of you guys could drag me trough some torment levels i would appreciate it :)

sanktAntonio#2953

I like this style of game but the combat in PoE was so pathetically bad that I stopped playing. Firstly is the combat in Diablo 3 good? And is the loot etc good now after the expansion?

Wallach

I like this style of game but the combat in PoE was so pathetically bad that I stopped playing. Firstly is the combat in Diablo 3 good? And is the loot etc good now after the expansion?

As far as just combat responsiveness and feedback goes, I think D3 is probably the peak of the genre to date.

Loot has gotten better, though I think still needs some refinement. The expansion will help a bit in this regard with the addition of the Mystic as well as a much-needed injection of new legendaries to the item pool.

joesmokey

Torment IV is such a huge step up from Torment III. Elites are a bit slow for me on Act 3, but I can survive fine as long as I pay attention.

Drops seem to be a bit better in terms of quality, though that could just be me paying attention more.

ucdawg12

do green items drop as loot or can you only get them from crafting? i have only seen one green item drop so far but it was a plan for my blacksmith

Dresden

Official forums are reaching peak levels of drama:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12203350394

This stuff needs the YouTube Comment Reconstruction treatment.

Mostly, OP is upset because he's a kapo- one of those poor souls that are sycophantic for any given game. Will defend the developer to the hilt, even when the developer is wrong. Will tote the line, haul the bale, but then are surprised, shocked even, SHOCKED, that their patron would dare harm all their (ie: do something detrimental for their favorite class) hard work at keeping all us sheep calm and peaceful, at smoothing over their harsh and rough edges.

OP, the Kapo, is learning a lesson that the original Kapo's learned: the showers serve all. Welcome.

a concentration camp analogy is not what I expected out of that thread

Jira

PoE has all the really well thought out design, systems, loot, etc while D3 has the combat and presentation. D3 has come a long way since launch + expansion but it's still lacking in the customization area. Sadly, even Marvel Heroes has more than D3 does. In order for D3 to have any staying power past this year, they're going to need to put out new legendaries and affixes every month. The combat is an absolute joy to play with, it just doesn't have the build depth of its peers. They really need to introduce things like affixes for runes on gear where maybe you can increase the radius of Rend or something like that. There's a lot that they can do, question is will they do it outside of an expansion or make us wait every 2 years?

Blew most of my crafting mats on Demon Skin sets for my Wizard, Monk and Witch Doctor. I've never jonesed so hard for trash white drops and awful Legendary drops.

kirblar

When people were at Paragon 630 pre-release, something was obviously wrong.

(I was gaining multiple (early) levels for a run of Act III/IV combined on normal difficulty, which was fun but... probably not supposed to happen that way.)

Ashodin

PoE has all the really well thought out design, systems, loot, etc while D3 has the combat and presentation. D3 has come a long way since launch + expansion but it's still lacking in the customization area. Sadly, even Marvel Heroes has more than D3 does. In order for D3 to have any staying power past this year, they're going to need to put out new legendaries and affixes every month. The combat is an absolute joy to play with, it just doesn't have the build depth of its peers. They really need to introduce things like affixes for runes on gear where maybe you can increase the radius of Rend or something like that. There's a lot that they can do, question is will they do it outside of an expansion or make us wait every 2 years?

Should be an interesting question as I believe the change of hands on the directors of the game should let us know for sure.

Cipherr

When people were at Paragon 630 pre-release, something was obviously wrong.

(I was gaining multiple (early) levels for a run of Act III/IV combined on normal difficulty, which was fun but... probably not supposed to happen that way.)

Its still super fast gaining paragon levels. Perhaps its the bonus but yeah... undermines the shit out the idea of earning points to fill out the paragon tree. But meh. Oh well I guess.

Braag

ummm, did almost entirety of act 3 at T2 (from breached keep) and not a single legendary drop :(
Ah well, at least got to para 110.

Flipyap

Got my melee Demon Hunter to 60, equipped some junk gear that wasn't good enough for my main Demon Hunter (+ my monk's shield) and waltzed through a Torment II Skeleton King run like it was nothing. What the HELL.
I originally made this character as a jokey novelty, but not only is he pretty darn tanky with mediocre gear (T2 arcane+poison elites could barely scratch him, where my fragile "main" would crumble on sight), he seems to clear levels faster than my traditional Demon Hunter with double the DPS on her character sheet.
He has an amulet that has a chance to pull enemies together, so he plays like a highly explosive Monk on speed. It's the weirdest thing I've seen in the game to date.

Except now my ranged Demon Hunter's frailty kind of bums me out and I might have to start playing the Monk to upgrade a Demon Hunter's gear. This is all your fault, Ashodin!

Got the Hallowed Plan today. I could have crafted tons of weapons but I ran out of exquisite essences. These weak ass mats are killing me

I've been hoping and hoping and hoping that the Hallowed plan will drop for me, but to no avail. Since it's going to be awhile before I can get RoS, that would have made my paragon level farming so much easier with the increased dps those babies would give me. Only notable blacksmith crafting recipe to drop for me was the demon's skin pattern. That's all well and good for my monk's toughness, but it pales in comparison to what I could get with 2 weapons each with an open socket.

Random question... I have 6 infernal machines left over from a few months ago. Will they work for ubers in ROS or should I try and use them up now? I don't really need hellfires at this point and I don't have the gear to play T6 for guaranteed drops, but if they're going to become useless I might as well consume them.

Kadin

Random question... I have 6 infernal machines left over from a few months ago. Will they work for ubers in ROS or should I try and use them up now? I don't really need hellfires at this point and I don't have the gear to play T6 for guaranteed drops, but if they're going to become useless I might as well consume them.
They won't work in RoS, hellfire (and machines) will be different with different parts to make them. And even at T6 with the current machines, you'd only get a 50% chance on the organs.

They won't work in RoS, hellfire (and machines) will be different with different parts to make them. And even at T6 with the current machines, you'd only get a 50% chance on the organs.

Thanks. Guess I'll do them later today then. Hopefully I can get at least 1 ring out of it.

Braag

well, first I don't get any drops for ages and then I get a double drop and one of them is this ring...

Diablo_III_2014_03_23_11_34_46_27.jpg

I like dat exp gain.

Not long for RoS..

So I am kind of stuck at the moment and a bit lost on how to get out of this. I only started D3 about 8 months ago and I got a DH to level 44, ACT IV in either Nightmare or Hell I can't quite remember. Where ever a L44 would roughly be without buying gear. I then stopped playing and today decided to have a look again to see if I want to purchase RoS or not. Now the first obvious difference is the difficulty settings. I have set it to expert as I just took it as the 3rd difficulty which I am pretty sure I was up to before but I am getting completely stomped by this boss I am up to. My friend said to craft some new gear since the loot patch changed everything but I have nothing to salvage to get the parts required to forge some gear.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I almost feel like I should just start from 0 again as I have pretty much forgotten everything about the game but I could also probably just load back an ACT and repeat some stuff to get my bearings again. Am I just going to have to go backwards and farm some random weapons to salvage to craft new and better gear?

Thanks

Braag

So I am kind of stuck at the moment and a bit lost on how to get out of this. I only started D3 about 8 months ago and I got a DH to level 44, ACT IV in either Nightmare or Hell I can't quite remember. Where ever a L44 would roughly be without buying gear. I then stopped playing and today decided to have a look again to see if I want to purchase RoS or not. Now the first obvious difference is the difficulty settings. I have set it to expert as I just took it as the 3rd difficulty which I am pretty sure I was up to before but I am getting completely stomped by this boss I am up to. My friend said to craft some new gear since the loot patch changed everything but I have nothing to salvage to get the parts required to forge some gear.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I almost feel like I should just start from 0 again as I have pretty much forgotten everything about the game but I could also probably just load back an ACT and repeat some stuff to get my bearings again. Am I just going to have to go backwards and farm some random weapons to salvage to craft new and better gear?

Thanks

Go to Hard difficulty, you'll most likely find much better gear than you currently have and replace most of your gear withing an hour. Then jump to expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom