• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Hard difficulty, you'll most likely find much better gear than you currently have and replace most of your gear withing an hour. Then jump to expert.

Thanks, will give it a shot. I am currently saved at a boss which just 1 shots me so I guess I should go back a little bit and repeat. I guess I was a bit confused on what settings I should apply based on where I was before the big patches.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YO YO YO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS A GAME? IT'S 10:50 AM, WAKE UP NEOGAF EUROPE!

Only hype-master Gegz (Smooth Operator on GAF) and me online who wants to continue with dat PARAGON FARM!

LET'S DO IT BOYS

HYPE!!!!!

Kadin

So I am kind of stuck at the moment and a bit lost on how to get out of this. I only started D3 about 8 months ago and I got a DH to level 44, ACT IV in either Nightmare or Hell I can't quite remember. Where ever a L44 would roughly be without buying gear. I then stopped playing and today decided to have a look again to see if I want to purchase RoS or not. Now the first obvious difference is the difficulty settings. I have set it to expert as I just took it as the 3rd difficulty which I am pretty sure I was up to before but I am getting completely stomped by this boss I am up to. My friend said to craft some new gear since the loot patch changed everything but I have nothing to salvage to get the parts required to forge some gear.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I almost feel like I should just start from 0 again as I have pretty much forgotten everything about the game but I could also probably just load back an ACT and repeat some stuff to get my bearings again. Am I just going to have to go backwards and farm some random weapons to salvage to craft new and better gear?

Thanks
My opinion is that it never hurts to start back from square one. If you've been away as long as you say, a good bit has changed. Nothing like trying to re-learn a character and even then, as I said, it's changed.

Starting at expert could be fine but definitely could be too high if your gear doesn't allow you to play at that level. Short of getting less experience and gold, the gear you get will be the same at normal or hard as it will be at expert. You just won't level as fast.

But with that said, I'd highly recommend starting a brand new character and getting a better feel for the new and improved game. Don't dampen the improvements by jumping in midway through and being completely lost.

Welcome back!

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Yoshi, are you on US or Euro servers? Also, I've only got about 214k buffed paper DPS so I assume that's not enough to Paragon farm in T6 with you guys?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, are you on US or Euro servers? Also, I've only got about 214k buffed paper DPS so I assume that's not enough to Paragon farm in T6 with you guys?
EURO.

214k buffed is FINE.

We got dat POW-POW OP GEGZ MONK. Quick snake runs, Act 2 T6

When people were at Paragon 630 pre-release, something was obviously wrong.

(I was gaining multiple (early) levels for a run of Act III/IV combined on normal difficulty, which was fun but... probably not supposed to happen that way.)

Honestly, like it matters. Stop balancing the game around people who play the game 15+ hours a day. Guess what, those players are going to leave just like they did before. In the end all Blizzard is doing is further pushing 'casuals' out of them game.

These nerfs are going to have far reaching complications post RoS. People think they merely nerfed some CotA mobs, that is not the case. The nerf to exp was across the board on well over half the monsters in the game. Wait around for a while. When the community buff is gone people are going to be singing a different tune.

In the end this is going to hurt the 'casual' player far more than the guy with 600 paragon levels prior to RoS release. Oh wait, are they going to revert the exp change on these monster types after RoS? Lol, no; but guess what? You are still going to be engaging those monsters when you run Rifts and Bounties.

EURO.

214k buffed is FINE.

We got dat POW-POW OP GEGZ MONK. Quick snake runs, Act 2 T6

Gonna report this run, sounds like it might be giving to much xp compared to the rest of the game.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Damn, I'm on Americas. Was hoping to join you guys. Good luck with your crazy rush to 800 Paragon then!

You crazy bastard!

Yoshichan

Gonna report this run, sounds like it might be giving to much xp compared to the rest of the game.
Nerf Yoshichan, Dunfish, Gegz, Melville and the rest of EU GAF! WE SO OP, YOU CAN'T NERF DAT SHIT. Blizzard wants to nerf exp even more? Hit us with your best shot, Blizzard! We'll find a way to dodge your bullshit and find other reasons to play this game 22 hours a day!

HYPE.

Nerf Yoshichan, Dunfish, Gegz, Melville and the rest of EU GAF! WE SO OP, YOU CAN'T NERF DAT SHIT. Blizzard wants to nerf exp even more? Hit us with your best shot, Blizzard! We'll find a way to dodge your bullshit and find other reasons to play this game 22 hours a day!

HYPE.

Oh, having fun are you? Nerfing that.

Been doing Royal runs for a while, it's mindless but it got me to 325.

Yoshichan

Oh, having fun are you? Nerfing that.
Jay tried in 1.0 and succeeded, Blizzard tried nerfing fun in 2.0 yesterday as well... but WE GOT DAT SHIT COVERED. We went from denial to anger to bargaining to depression but we fucking reached ACCEPTENCE within three hours!

Jay tried in 1.0 and succeeded, Blizzard tried nerfing fun in 2.0 yesterday as well... but WE GOT DAT SHIT COVERED. We went from denial to anger to bargaining to depression but we fucking reached ACCEPTENCE within three hours!

Totally healthy behavior indicative of well adjusted, reasonable individuals.

Least my crusader is ready.

NOvyk6j.jpg

Taz

Honestly, like it matters. Stop balancing the game around people who play the game 15+ hours a day. Guess what, those players are going to leave just like they did before. In the end all Blizzard is doing is further pushing 'casuals' out of them game.

These nerfs are going to have far reaching complications post RoS. People think they merely nerfed some CotA mobs, that is not the case. The nerf to exp was across the board on well over half the monsters in the game. Wait around for a while. When the community buff is gone people are going to be singing a different tune.

In the end this is going to hurt the 'casual' player far more than the guy with 600 paragon levels prior to RoS release. Oh wait, are they going to revert the exp change on these monster types after RoS? Lol, no; but guess what? You are still going to be engaging those monsters when you run Rifts and Bounties.

The thing is if you think it's fine to gain insane exp from low life trash on torment 6 then people really didn't think about what they were doing , I did Cota runs for about 45 mins and it bored me to tears, plus the exp nerf if you can call it that won't effect casuals at all , they'll get bored of grind for gear before grinding out para levels.

I always expected them to change the exp rates on trash, same thing as always with games like this company gives players candy and players find a way to maximize that candy , company changes candy and reduces the way players were maximizing it and then players try and claim it's ruined the game for them and that they've some how been scammed in to buying something on false promise.

Yoshichan

pretty fucking good I hear

OMG PARAGON 160!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ready for RoS.

OMFG HYPE! Good job fellow NA brother!

Managed to find some whites to salvage and upgraded a few pieces of gear. Once I get my bnet log in working(authenticator issues) I will link my profile so can see how terribly under geared I am :D

I've set it back to Hard and then gone back towards the end of Act III, I will likely start a Crusader from 0 so I may as well keep my 45 DH and try get the hang of it again. At the very least I just hold off until I have played my Crusader a fair while to get the hang of it again then return to the DH.

"Fuck it" I say to myself. Sure, chances are low I'll actually craft Sage's Gloves better than the level 58 rare I'm using, but what do mats matter now anyway, let's go for it! First craft (since the last time I wasted mats on trying to get these gloves to roll well):

I just kind of sat there with my mouth slightly open for a bit. I'm so fucked in RoS, since I'm pretty sure I used up all my luck since 2.0 hit.

joesmokey

Here's my haul for loot 2.0 for the past week and a half:

Not too shabby, though definitely lots of salvages and bad repeats. (Chantodo's Force is legacy, hence why both set items aren't in use...)

Shoulders, helm, and legs are pretty weak but everything else I am satisfied with.

Just for lulz, I can get my toughness up to almost 2 million:

Well I tried the demo and liked it so bought the base game. Will probably get the expansion and start over with a Crusader or something. From what I gather the expansion comes out in a couple days?

Is there a good video showing off which class is the best/the differences between them? I played a female monk up to beating the Skeleton King and that was pretty fun but finding loot felt kinda lackluster on that character.

Leonsito

After more than a year, I installed the game again, I finished it only on normal once with a demon hunter, lvl 35 when I left the game and never played it again.

Tried in hard, started the game again with the same character, I have to say, I've been getting nice gear, I suppose it's due to the patches and the new difficulty, but it keeps me going on again, I'm starting to get used again to the runes system, after all the dissapointment last year... I can't wait for the expansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Yoshichan

I ONLY LEFT FOR THREE MINUTES

I'M BACK INSIDE THE GAME NOW

Yoshichan

Jesus Christ I am back people! IT WAS THREE MINUTES DAMN IT.

sqwarlock

Came back last week to my lvl 50 DH after quitting about three months after release, and now she's at paragon 15. Sure, it's not super high, but I'm pretty happy with her at the moment.

Yoshichan

GREEN YOSHI MASTER LEAGUE GROUP, GO

UbvW8p1.jpg

G30x10B.jpg

I want to rep GAF, but I wouldn't want to embarass the name :p

Any one on US can add me to feel better about their own stats if they wish. VWdrewzBie #6802.

I also play Hearthstone and very slowly playing WoW at the moment.

Arkanius

Buy them on the US store and gift them to yourself. Wold cost you 59 USD instead of EUR.

Ah.
Let me see if this is correct:

1. Go to us blizzard store.
2. Login
3. Buy as gift
4. Price is in Dollars
5. Gift to myself

Is this the right procedure?

Ah.
Let me see if this is correct:

1. Go to us blizzard store.
2. Login
3. Buy as gift
4. Price is in Dollars
5. Gift to myself

Is this the right procedure?

I can't do this. When I try to pre-purchase RoS it takes me to the EU check-out.

Or do you need to make an US Battle.net account and buy it on that account, then gift it?

Arkanius

I can't do this. When I try to pre-purchase RoS it takes me to the EU check-out.

Or do you need to make an US Battle.net account and buy it on that account, then gift it?

It takes me to the US checkout (I'm logged in with my European account) but I'm afraid of locking myself out of the game.

I am guessing 2k more damage far out weights +107 life per hit?

Suppose I will run the 2k damage and I am dying a lot I can see how the life fairs.

Not pre-purchase. Buy as gift. Login with EU account, set storeregion to US, "buy as a gift" and send the key to an e-mail address you own. You will get the key in a few seconds.
I did it yesterday with my German account and it works fine. Saved me 10Euro =)
And I don't even feel bad. That ridiculous $=€ bullshit has to stop .. especially for digital versions ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom