• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the standard digital one a couple days ago. I've gotten the Sc2 and Diablo 3 vanilla retail collector's editions but eh...

I mean the box is kinda nice but on the other hand takes away a lot of space. And while I'm rather interested in the behind the scenes stuff and cinematics, even got a bluray drive for that, it's such a pain in the ass to actually put in the bluray and use that shitty power DVD media player or what it is. Nah.

I'd buy a digital deluxe edition if it came with downloadable sountrack and high res cinematics. So that I could play the latter ones on VLC player or where ever quickly anytime.

But instead the digital deluxe edition costs 20 bucks more for some fucking cosmetics... something which I personally just couldn't care less about. Quite frankly, even for those who see value in that, 20 bucks is just kinda ridiculous Blizz..

Depleting my gold very quickly by constantly removing gems from items whenever I find a better piece of gear I need to apply them too.

Down to 330k gold from 600k gold I had a few hours ago.

RS4-

Depleting my gold very quickly by constantly removing gems from items whenever I find a better piece of gear I need to apply them too.

Just savage them if you don't need the equipment. You'll get the gems back.

Robin64

I cringed a little reading this. :(

If you don't need the gear anymore, salvaging it gives the gems back.

Kammie

I've gotten sick of the constant nerfs, atrocious loot, and requirement to play in parties in Path of Exile, and am kind of interested by how people say this game can now be played self-found. Gonna give the trial version a spin to see how it feels, since the base game is pretty cheap.

After an... interesting experiement with xanathus and eek that proved unsuccessful, this dropped while I was helping dsmalls get his monk to 60

vlPCu18.png

Fuck this game

Ryu1999

So I just started playing my Level 46 Demon Hunter after not playing since the launch of Vanilla D3, and for some reason my Chakram skill is gone. Is this a bug?

So I just started playing my Level 46 Demon Hunter after not playing since the launch of Vanilla D3, and for some reason my Chakram skill is gone. Is this a bug?

Must be as I just started again today with my 44 DH and my Chakram was still there. Remembered what rune I had applied to it as well.

Got my first legendary since starting playing again today. Was a good quiver for my level but sadly a rare quiver I got off the same boss was better after applying a gem to it.

Nibiru

Banned
I've gotten sick of the constant nerfs, atrocious loot, and requirement to play in parties in Path of Exile, and am kind of interested by how people say this game can now be played self-found. Gonna give the trial version a spin to see how it feels, since the base game is pretty cheap.

The base game is on sale atm so imo you might as well pick it up. There is no question it is worth $19.99. Honestly even in it's previous trash state it was worth 20 bucks.

Ryu1999

Must be as I just started again today with my 44 DH and my Chakram was still there. Remembered what rune I had applied to it as well.

Got my first legendary since starting playing again today. Was a good quiver for my level but sadly a rare quiver I got off the same boss was better after applying a gem to it.

Just searched the Blizz forums and turns out if you don't have Elective Mode enabled, the game hides skills that had significant changes between patches. That's pretty stupid that they didn't tell people about it (and they didnt tell me that they had disabled Elective mode when I originally had it on)

Kammie

The base game is on sale atm so imo you might as well pick it up. There is no question it is worth $19.99. Honestly even in it's previous trash state it was worth 20 bucks.
How long is it on sale for, or is it unspecified?

Edit: Ah, it looks like it's just a very small discount, so it's pretty insignificant. No rush.

I was able to get from 52 to 60+Paragon4 in Iike 5 hours game time over the weekend. I took my demon hunter through Act 1 on hard? Or whatever the the one before torment is.

I've also gotten 3-4 legendary items.

THIS. GAME.

Oh I also took a Wizard from 1 to 30!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I got a Puzzle Ring but common items drop so rarely now that I feel like it's going to take ages before I get anything interesting. When I equipped I dropped 1.2% damage and I'm not really sure it's worth it?

Fularu

Banned
I got a Puzzle Ring but common items drop so rarely now that I feel like it's going to take ages before I get anything interesting. When I equipped I dropped 1.2% damage and I'm not really sure it's worth it?
Run Act III crossing part or Act I dungeon for item racks. You'll get plenty of white items.

Seil

How long is it on sale for, or is it unspecified?

Edit: Ah, it looks like it's just a very small discount, so it's pretty insignificant. No rush.

$20 off is a small discount? ._. The sale cuts off at midnight PDT tonight I believe.

ZenaxPure

atrocious loot

Whoa, that's the first time I've ever read that. I'm a bit shocked.

Anyway, yeah, if you want to play alone and self founded then D3 is a game for you now. Honestly I prefer playing alone since the game becomes way easier in a party anyway. The 2.0 patch buffed/changed a lot of the skills (and they lowered enemy density a ton) so pretty much every skill in the game is useful now, which honestly compliments a lot of the loot changes this patch brought in.

Dahbomb

This game is pretty much designed to be played self found now. In fact it's hard to play it any other way!

Parties aren't required in D3 but they are still a significant boost.

Gnub

The 2.0 changes seem to force people to go with classes that share the same primary stat for the best chance at legendaries. Monks and Demon Hunters, Mages and Witch Doctors can share a large portion of loot that drops.

Island

Bought the digital normal edtion..expecting the physical C.E on tuesday. Damn you blizz! But it's worth it.
I was considering this... But it's essentially $40 for me to play 3 hours on Monday. I could use the time to beat Infamous first and save the money...

Nokterian

I was considering this... But it's essentially $40 for me to play 3 hours on Monday. I could use the time to beat Infamous first and save the money...

It's more i don't want to wait another day to play it. And i think it's still worth it did it before with WoW and i will all ready have hours of fun at launch hopefully.

Reminder that you'll be getting another guaranteed legendary off the Act V act boss when the expansion goes live. I advise getting up to 70 beforehand and playing on Torment so you have a chance at something good. Beta players were getting to about level 69 by the time they reached the end of the act, so it shouldn't take long for that extra level.

So I bought the CE and man, the WOW treasure goblin pet is amazing, he keeps dropping coins all over the place.

I've got a question, if all the loot is awesome now, won't you run into an issue where everything is awesome and we're all miserable? Is there going to be some kind of curve in order to make up for the grind, at the moment it just feels like awesome drops are raining from above.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So I bought the CE and man, the WOW treasure goblin pet is amazing, he keeps dropping coins all over the place.

I've got a question, if all the loot is awesome now, won't you run into an issue where everything is awesome and we're all miserable? Is there going to be some kind of curve in order to make up for the grind, at the moment it just feels like awesome drops are raining from above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

firehawk12

Subete no aware

See, I'm at a point where I don't know what to do in the game again because seeing builds in this thread and on Reddit, you will see everyone in set gear or able to do like a billion DPS and you soon realize that unless you are Yoshichan, you won't ever hit that point.

I'm not sure if I just hit some kind of ceiling, but it feels like the grind at Inferno Act 1 again. I have to grind Torment 2 over and over and hope for drops that might make Torment 3 playable. Repeat ad nauseum until you can do Torment 6... except without the AH and bound legendaries, you can't even "profit" from doing that anymore.

dengatron

so last night we were steamroll leveling some barbs to 60 to have legendary loot bots for crusaders when leveled to 70, and one of our party hit 60 a little later in the level, and 3 bubbles before leveling, got a perfect roll thunderfury to drop. 770 dps :(

Gothos

See, I'm at a point where I don't know what to do in the game again because seeing builds in this thread and on Reddit, you will see everyone in set gear or able to do like a billion DPS and you soon realize that unless you are Yoshichan, you won't ever hit that point.

I'm not sure if I just hit some kind of ceiling, but it feels like the grind at Inferno Act 1 again. I have to grind Torment 2 over and over and hope for drops that might make Torment 3 playable. Repeat ad nauseum until you can do Torment 6... except without the AH and bound legendaries, you can't even "profit" from doing that anymore.

Just play it at your pace, man. D3 is not really a game where you have to grind 10 hours a day, it's a really casual title best served in sensible doses. It'll be even worse (or better, depens on your pov) now with legendaries dropping like candy so just enjoy the ride - the game will give you two maybe three weeks of fun and that's it :) I'm not expecting to invest more time in it since there is no end-game in it - just the useless paragon grind :)

I think I just figured it out, Ladders, even though all loot could be guaranteed awesome, there will still be reason to keep grinding for, the, er, being the most awesome. I think they'll definitely have ladders implemented.

Yup, OK, it's definitely happening:

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/news-general-f29/hints-official-diablo-ladder-t748.html

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just play it at your pace, man. D3 is not really a game where you have to grind 10 hours a day, it's a really casual title best served in sensible doses. It'll be even worse (or better, depens on your pov) now with legendaries dropping like candy so just enjoy the ride - the game will give you two maybe three weeks of fun and that's it :) I'm not expecting to invest more time in it since there is no end-game in it - just the useless paragon grind :)
Yeah, I'm starting to realize that. But I feel like there could be a way to reward people who exist somewhere between a person who will just play through normal once and someone who grinds CotA on a livestream for days straight. Nerfing grinding is fine, but making it so that things like Infernal Machine drops are super rare to the point where people insist that it's probably glitched? I don't know what the point of that is. I understand that endgame gotta endgame, but why not let people see it? Is the game really ruined if people are able to get Hellfire Rings "easily"?

I guess this is why people want ladder play, so that everyone starts over once in a while and the game stays a little fresh. I can't see myself ever getting into that though, assuming they even implement it.

I think I just figured it out, Ladders, even though all loot could be guaranteed awesome, there will still be reason to keep grinding for, the, er, being the most awesome. I think they'll definitely have ladders implemented.
Yeah, ladders are a solution. But I get the feeling that the super hardcore will probably be the ones who succeed the most in ladder and then Blizzard will find a way to make even that aspect of their game unrewarding.

So I'm thinking crusader will be main tank for groups for RoS? How much pull does provoke have compared to say monks ability to pull all nearby enemies in (16 enemies for 24yrs). The build calculator doesn't specify just says taunts all nearby enemies to attack you for 4 seconds.

Dahbomb

Ladders are really for the hardcores.

If you want to play D3 casually you can... you will get upgrades at a slower pace but it will be at a gradual pace over an extended period of time. You can play a full Bounty run, do a Rift and then call it a day if that's what you want. You get a Legendary per hour so as long as you put in that one hour you will generally get good gear eventually.

T6 is also for the hardcores. It really depends on what your final goal is with the game. Is it to beat Torment 1? Torment 6? Torment 6 Ubers? Make a particular type of build (which means acquiring certain Legendaries)? To be the best at a particular stat? To be the best at a particular class? Get Paragon 800? Climb Ladders? Get all the Achievements?

Game is designed to be played for 10 hours (around the time it takes you to beat the game once and get lvl60-70) or to be played for thousands of hours. It's really up to you as to what you want out of it.

If you want to play D3 casually you can... you will get upgrades at a slower pace but it will be at a gradual pace over an extended period of time. You can play a full Bounty run, do a Rift and then call it a day if that's what you want. You get a Legendary per hour so as long as you put in that one hour you will generally get good gear eventually.

T6 is also for the hardcores. It really depends on what your final goal is with the game. Is it to beat Torment 1? Torment 6? Torment 6 Ubers? Make a particular type of build (which means acquiring certain Legendaries)? To be the best at a particular stat? To be the best at a particular class? Get Paragon 800? Climb Ladders? Get all the Achievements?

Game is designed to be played for 10 hours (around the time it takes you to beat the game once and get lvl60-70) or to be played for thousands of hours. It's really up to you as to what you want out of it.

Yea I get what you're saying, I enjoyed playing everything up until Inferno, didn't really go further than that.

Like you said, some guys like grinding to build the ultimate toon, I'm sure many of you guys know at least a few hardcore Diablo 2 stoners from way back, I never understood how they spent thousands of hours doing boss runs, but they're definitely a segment, probably small, though they will be the most important segment once the game is forgotten by casuals (Like myself, kind of)

Boogdud

I got a puzzle ring today too. I wonder, when does the counter 'reset'? Is it if you log off, or go back to town or what? I never had any idea how many items he has already...

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I'm somewhere in the middle, which is why the game feels a bit empty for me right now.

Of course, Titanfall is also a bit to blame for that I suppose, because that's a game that's made to be rewarding almost instantaneously. It's a bit arresting to go from a game where you are constantly hearing level up noises to one where I feel like the RNG gods are against me.

(Funny enough, Titanfall's version of Yoshichan hit what is essentially the level cap of the game in 4.5 days of game time lol)

Elitro

I love your enthusiasm yoshi x)

Can't wait for tomorrow! Straight into Crusader!

So I'm thinking crusader will be main tank for groups for RoS? How much pull does provoke have compared to say monks ability to pull all nearby enemies in (16 enemies for 24yrs). The build calculator doesn't specify just says taunts all nearby enemies to attack you for 4 seconds.

You have more options to pull with "Seep Attack" + "Gathering Sweep" rune.

There is also a legendary amulet that does that, ideally that should be the key element to gather mobs :)

kitzkozan

Yeah, ladders are a solution. But I get the feeling that the super hardcore will probably be the ones who succeed the most in ladder and then Blizzard will find a way to make even that aspect of their game unrewarding.

Ladders won't be for everyone, just like having the drive and the motivation to powerlevel like crazy isn't something that everyone can do. Heck, I'm surprised to see that my level of motivation is high to a point where I'm going to do in 3 weeks what I wanted to accomplish 2 years ago ( get 100+ paragon levels and 3-4 characters to 60). :p

I must of played through the first act 20+ time in the last 2 weeks which is insane. I feel like I could keep going for months, but I need a break (which I'll take to fix the laptop and buy a video card for my PC so not playing the expansion at launch). Still, it's a good thing that nephalem rifts will be short (15-20 minutes) so the game can be rewarding in small dose since right now it's pretty much all or nothing with the exp boost which you should take advantage of. In retrospective, the exp nerf might be a good thing once we see the exp reward from bounties and rifts instead of having to do insane exp grind. :)

Seriously though... when's the PS4 version coming out?

I have it on pre-order, paid and ready to go, just no idea when the hell it's coming out, there is literally zero news about it.

I caved and bought it on PC anyway, I think the PS4 version is a couple of months off. The retailer had it down as 31/03/2014, but they aren't really that clued up on gaming, I doubt it's the 31st, I think I heard somewhere something terrible like September!

Dahbomb

You are always leveling up in D3 as well through Paragon points. No matter what you are always incrementally improving as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom