• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonds

So I haven't played D3 in like 6 months and plan on getting back into it with the expansion. I have a couple of lvl 60 characters with pretty good legendary gear. Should I start over or go ahead and use the characters that I have? I feel that starting over will let me experience the 'new' D3 in full.

You'll experience it right away, no need to create new chars imho.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I seemed to have been kicked from the NA GAF guild. What happened? I was a part of it last week.

GOD DAMN IT ASHODIIIIIIIIIIIN

Is this what's going on in the background of NA GAF?!

Bombless

I've done a fair bit of playing, especially earlier this week, thanks to EU Gaf. The game is fun again, no doubt about it, however I feel I've reached a point where my main cannot progress anymore (DH weapons are currently fucked) so I don't see the need to play anymore. I'd rather not burn out on Paragon levels, I prefer to leave enough "content" for adventure mode once I buy RoS (in a few weeks or so).

Good luck to those attempting to play at release, I hope the servers will treat you kindly. I also hope there'll still be people playing when I return from my vacation 3 weeks from now ;)

Kammie

$20 off is a small discount? ._. The sale cuts off at midnight PDT tonight I believe.
Ah, so wait--the game is normally 40 USD then?

I ask because I see prices in my currency, and it says 149 pesos with 179 crossed out, so I assumed it was a 30 peso saving.

If it's normally 40 and it's 20 until tonight, I'll just buy it blindly. Nothing to lose at that price.

Edit: Did a quick Google search, seems it may be the case. Bought it!

Two traveler's pledges within 45 minutes of each other. Now I'm gettin dupe drops of dupe drops. Bad luck drops continue. *Sigh* WTB Hallowed Defender plans for my soul...

Nokterian

It drags on forever because it feels like it makes you do the same dungeon 5 times.

I seriously dread going through act 2.

Act 2 is no fun. I really like parts in act 1,3 and 4. But i am tired of doing every single quest right now. Yes i will play Act 5 through the story but there where it stops at the moment.

Two traveler's pledges within 45 minutes of each other. Now I'm gettin dupe drops of dupe drops. Bad luck drops continue. *Sigh* WTB Hallowed Defender plans for my soul...

Must be a thing with set amulets, I got two Blackthorne's Crosses in two hours the other day.

At least Act V will be randomized and have been made with lessons learned from the previous acts. Act II and the second half of Act III just drag on endlessly with so much padding.

Act 2 is no fun. I really like parts in act 1,3 and 4. But i am tired of doing every single quest right now. Yes i will play Act 5 through the story but there where it stops at the moment.

Mum working my way through Act 2 right now and I'll agree that it's no fun. It feels like it drags on.

MrDaravon

GOD DAMN IT ASHODIIIIIIIIIIIN

Is this what's going on in the background of NA GAF?!

No; unlike EU, NA is on it's third clan. I don't remember if recluctant was one of them, but there have been periodic purges of people who have no one at level 60 and have under 1000 achievement points (aka they are probably not an active player) to allow people in who are active players. As of right now there is literally only one person left in the clan who fits this criteria, so if reluctant is actively playing he can probably get Ash to swap him out for that guy unless someone can vouch for him (they do callouts if anyone knows a player before booting him).

THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POPULAR YOSHI-KUN

Ashodin

Yeah, he's on my friends list. I'll check with him when. He's back in-game.
Hey hero, we wanted to get some more space for those who regularly played, and since we have no real last logged on metric, we used achievement points. It's possible you were one of those with near zero that we removed. It's not a requirement to join GAF clan, but we wanted to foster more "always there" players in the clan, and has nothing to do with you personally.

Unrelated, we also believe there might be people who signed up initially joined GAF clan to spy on it who lurk banned on GAF. We'll be doing a check and cull after RoS.

Hmm haven't joined any GAF clan or so yet and didn't do any leveling either.

However I may be interested in doing so tomorrow and while I'm only at ParaLvl 114 and don't really have any particularly strong hero I have found "The Fist of Az'turrasq" with 89% Exploding Palm damage. As well as +15% Physical damage bracers if that does work on Palm damage (which I supposed to be physical).

I've got plenty gear to easily toughen up and staying alive in T6 shouldn't be a problem. I won't deal much damage other than Exploding Palm but I suppose that's fine, right?

I'd install mumble then, too. Haven't used much other than Skype and TeamSpeak but I've got a clean sounding microphone etc.

So is that good enough for some EU Gaf clan shenanigans? Wasn't really interested in powerleveling before RoS but sounds like you can do it real quickly. Although I guess the buff runs out tomorrow >.<

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No; unlike EU, NA is on it's third clan. I don't remember if recluctant was one of them, but there have been periodic purges of people who have no one at level 60 and have under 1000 achievement points (aka they are probably not an active player) to allow people in who are active players. As of right now there is literally only one person left in the clan who fits this criteria, so if reluctant is actively playing he can probably get Ash to swap him out for that guy unless someone can vouch for him (they do callouts if anyone knows a player before booting him).

This has to be the stupidest reason I've ever heard in my entire life. Kick people or make them "third tier" because you assume they're "inactive" (or rather "shitty players") based of their achievements?

Unlike NA, EU is one clan. One clan with only top notch quality players - and even if we had five EU clans, I would never remove anyone and put them in the tier 2 or 3 clans just because of their achievement points.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Would it be possible to use a low leveled character to craft? I can't remember if you need to be at the item's level to craft it.

I am pretty sure that the item you craft will be scaled to the level of the character crafting.

Yoshichan

eIK6ZrJ.jpg

BOOM! THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST (before Jay Wilson decided to double it)

If i get a legendary drop on my Wizard, and give it to my Crusader who then identifies it, will it have Wizard stats or Crusader stats? I'm curious if i should save low level legendary drops to help my Crusader level come Tuesday.

Robin64

If i get a legendary drop on my Wizard, and give it to my Crusader who then identifies it, will it have Wizard stats or Crusader stats? I'm curious if i should save low level legendary drops to help my Crusader level come Tuesday.

The stats are determined when the item drop, so it will have wizard stats.

Wizard stats, assuming smart drop kicks in. Items roll their stats when they drop.

Ashodin

This has to be the stupidest reason I've ever heard in my entire life. Kick people or make them "third tier" because you assume they're "inactive" (or rather "shitty players") based of their achievements?

Unlike NA, EU is one clan. One clan with only top notch quality players - and even if we had five EU clans, I would never remove anyone and put them in the tier 2 or 3 clans just because of their achievement points.

Hey hey no smack talk brother! Just because EU is lazy and only has one clan doesn't mean the MIGHT of the NA clans are weaker!

MrDaravon

So we should let inactive idle accounts sit in the clan when we are getting literally tens of messages a day from active players who want in? Read my and Ash's posts again; there's no last log in date shown, so all we have to go by are people who have no one at level 60 and/or have very low achievement score as a best guess as to who has actually played the game in forever.

Yoshichan

Hey hey no smack talk brother! Just because EU is lazy and only has one clan doesn't mean the MIGHT of the NA clans are weaker!
The logic in this post :( I'm sorry man... just no.
Roughly speaking, how many EXP points does it take to get to PL333?
So we should let inactive idle accounts sit in the clan when we are getting literally tens of messages a day from active players who want in?
Inactive? 2.0 has been out for two weeks - have they been inactive for two weeks? Get the shit out of here, NA GAF fucked up and if the leadership behind it won't admit it then that's even more pathetic.

If you guys want to talk more about this, I'm on Mumble. I don't want to shit this thread any further.

MrDaravon

The logic in this post :( I'm sorry man... just no.

Inactive? 2.0 has been out for two weeks - have they been inactive for two weeks? Get the shit out of here, NA GAF fucked up and if the leadership behind it won't admit it then that's even more pathetic.

If you guys want to talk more about this, I'm on Mumble. I don't want to shit this thread any further.

What are you even talking about. If by "fucked up" you mean we have more players than the game will literally allow into a single clan, then sure.

Hey hero, we wanted to get some more space for those who regularly played, and since we have no real last logged on metric, we used achievement points. It's possible you were one of those with near zero that we removed. It's not a requirement to join GAF clan, but we wanted to foster more "always there" players in the clan, and has nothing to do with you personally.

Unrelated, we also believe there might be people who signed up initially joined GAF clan to spy on it who lurk banned on GAF. We'll be doing a check and cull after RoS.

I was in the original clan. I understand the kicking criteria and I had a feeling it was going to happen to prior sooner or later. If I can get back in, that'd be great.

Reluctant#1717

Yoshichan

What are you even talking about. If by "fucked up" you mean we have more players than the game will literally allow into a single clan, then sure.
Mumble if you want to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom