• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see. I don't have numbers but I ran act 1-2 on master and act 3-4 on expert starting a new character. I was about lv 55-56 when beating Diablo. I did have 30 % bonus exp (via helmet gem) from lv 15 onwards.

Master should do it then but it would depend on your luck with gear. I'd say it's better to focus on TTK and switch up/down when needed.

I'll do that, then. Thanks!

Kacho

I think if you're interested in getting the base game you should go all in and get the expansion as well. Take the plunge if you can afford it. You'd be doing yourself a great disservice by limiting yourself to the base game. RoS is adding some much needed additions.

I've been playing for the past two years and being limited to going through the story repeatedly wears on you pretty fast. I'm honestly surprised I stuck around all of this time. Adventure mode is going to offer a seamless and completely random experience that is key for this type of game.

DSmalls84

One thing is for sure normal will not get you to 60. At the start of Act 4 my Monk was 35. I'm upping the difficulty next time I play to avoid having to run through the content multiple times.

One thing is for sure normal will not get you to 60. At the start of Act 4 my Monk was 35. I'm upping the difficulty next time I play to avoid having to run through the content multiple times.

Man.. At one point during the 50% xp bonus I leveled a wizard to 30 by beating the Skelton king and starting the next little area.

I was like wtf.

tokra2005

Neo Member
Do you guys think the server will handle the traffic since blizzard said to ppl to log in before the launch ?

And i have another question. I gonna buy a physical copie tonight and i want to know if i can preload RoS before because i dont want to waste time by installing the game throught the dvd.

Dawg

I'm gonna start over again as a crusader and complete the entire story in one go, I actually never fully completed the original Diablo.

plake

Do you guys think the server will handle the traffic since blizzard said to ppl to log in before the launch ?

And i have another question. I gonna buy a physical copie tonight and i want to know if i can preload RoS before because i dont want to waste time by installing the game throught the dvd.

Who knows. Let's hope so.

If your game is patched to 2.0.3 you're good to go. No extra install needed. You just need to enter your ROS game key.

KaYotiX

Banned

If you have Diablo 3, RoS is already preloaded.

Thanks for the fast responses!

So, just to clarify, if my internet drops out and I'm in the middle of a big battle, am I essentially screwed? I have a fast connection, but I'm just curious.

I'll probably pick up the base game and see how it goes.

If your internet drops, you get disconnected from the game instantly. unfortunately.

Kacho

First question: Who knows...there will probably be issues at some point.

Second question: If you buy the physical version or RoS, so long as your client is up-to-date you won't have to install anything. You'll just need to plug in the code to upgrade your account. The expansion is already downloaded.

kitzkozan

Man.. At one point during the 50% xp bonus I leveled a wizard to 30 by beating the Skelton king and starting the next little area.

I was like wtf.

I got a lot of mileage out of the xp bonus since my DH is level 50 in the last part of the Kulle storyline (exp bonus + the gem on my helmet for another 25%). :p I will easily hit level 60 by reaching Diablo since I was playing in master difficulty, although the scaling is making it so monsters are growing faster in power than my gear so I'm gonna have to lower the difficulty to expert. XD

Anyone know if there are any discounts going on from any sites (now or maybe after launch thats planned)?

I really can't play it until like the 30th (stupid campus bandwidth caps)

Megasoum

Banned
So on a more practical sides of things... How do you access act 5 in game? Is it just through the game setup screen before starting the game or there's a NPC in town during act 4 or what?

plake

So on a more practical sides of things... How do you access act 5 in game? Is it just through the game setup screen before starting the game or there's a NPC in town during act 4 or what?

1) Beat Diablo after expansion has gone live.
or
2) After expansion has gone live, select act 5 from mission select menu in main menu assuming you've cleared the game before that.

Good question. And I have no idea. I'm probably going to start a Crusader first thing, though, so I'll have to go through the game again from the beginning anyway.

neoism

WEEELLL FUCK ME :****( Of course my motherfucking Ethernet port on my computer shitsout TODAY!!!

:************(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
WEEELLL FUCK ME :****( Of course my motherfucking Ethernet port on my computer shitsout TODAY!!!

:************(

step 1: go 2 store
step 2: buy a innternet thing
step 3: plug thing into computer
victory!

srsly tho, assuming you have wifi and don't need ethernet per se, just run out and buy a USB wifi stick from wherever.

1) Beat Diablo after expansion has gone live.
or
2) After expansion has gone live, select act 5 from mission select menu in main menu assuming you've cleared the game before that.

I just recently reset quests and literally only have the diablo checkpoint on my quest list. If I load that checkpoint at 9pm and beat diablo, would I qualify for act 5?

plake

I just recently reset quests and literally only have the diablo checkpoint on my quest list. If I load that checkpoint at 9pm and beat diablo, would I qualify for act 5?

I would assume so as it would be logical which how the other act bosses work. Ie if you join someone who is killing act 2 boss you'd join them in the transition to act 3.

However since this is an expansion it might be different - no idea. As far as I know Blizzard haven't said anything on the matter either.

Nete

Act 5 will appear on your Quest list to choose and play. If you kill Diablo once RoS is on, you should go automatically to it.

You shouldn't have any problem.

I only got to paragon 50 but I managed to get all 5 classes up to 60 before RoS. It sucks to look at the play time on each of the classes though; my Witchdoctor main has 90 hours on him at launch with literally 0 legendaries, the other 4 have about 10 hours on them each and have way better gear than him.

Portman

Since I never really looked into the hell fire rings I was wondering if they'll be worth worming towards after the expansion? Don't they scale with your level (good for a new character) or are they set at level 60 and will potentially be left behind by new items?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Would this game be okay playing through single player for the first playthrough? I did that with Torchlight 2 and enjoyed it a lot.

I've also heard this game can "lag" on single player. Has that been an issue for any of you guys?

I'm thinking of getting the base game and RoS but I can't decide. Maybe I should just get the main game and decide if I like it first lol.

lag is a non-issue on this game in normal IMHO. It MIGHT contribute to a death or two here and there if you get over-ambitious in what you take on and rubber band.

lag on hardcore is an entirely different story. as long as you have a good latency connection and don't get too ambitious in what you take on you should be fine. I probably wouldn't let the wife/kids/SO/roommate/whatever stream netflix or do torrents while you were in the middle of a hardcore game, even with a solid connection. I mean the likelihood of it is the same, but obviously the stakes are MUCH higher.

yes. if you "beat the game" after RoS goes live, you will go immediately into Act V.

plake

Since I never really looked into the hell fire rings I was wondering if they'll be worth worming towards after the expansion? Don't they scale with your level (good for a new character) or are they set at level 60 and will potentially be left behind by new items?

They won't scale. There will be new rings at lv 70 that should have better stats. You get them with new keys and new uber bosses that drop organs.

BigDug13

They won't scale. There will be new rings at lv 70 that should have better stats. You get them with new keys and new uber bosses that drop organs.

Doesn't the base game now have level scaling throughout? It's going to be really dumb to be a level 70 character, fighting level 70 keywardens in order to earn the right to face off against 2 level 70 bosses in order to earn level 60 rings.

And if that's how it's going to be, they might as well remove all that from the game so players don't waste their time.

Ohnonono

So if I want to power level a new character tonight is it better for me to start a Torment 6 game and let my buddy come in and wreck face or for him to start a Torment 1 game and me join him?

garath

Doesn't the base game now have level scaling throughout? It's going to be really dumb to be a level 70 character, fighting level 70 keywardens in order to earn the right to face off against 2 level 70 bosses in order to earn level 60 rings.

And if that's how it's going to be, they might as well remove all that from the game so players don't waste their time.

No, there's a brand new set of keys and parts for a level 70 hellfire ring. There's a post about it on battle.net somewhere.

edit: The keywardens won't even drop the level 60 keys for a 61+ character anymore.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Quick question, does moving between Master & Torment change the quality of drops or just the likeliness of a drop? For instance would a legendary that drops in Master suck more than a legendary dropping in torment?

Also, in master or torment does it matter where you farm? Will I get shittier gear farming Act I in torment versus Act IV?

Portman

Sweet, good to hear. Guess I'll just save all my time for the loot grind and aim for those. A friend had gotten a ring the other day and I was questioning working to get one only to have it be thrown aside for another one.

BigDug13

No, there's a brand new set of keys and parts for a level 70 hellfire ring. There's a post about it on battle.net somewhere.

edit: The keywardens won't even drop the level 60 keys for a 61+ character anymore.

Right, so...you'll reach level 60 for a few hours before you reach level 61. How do you farm the original keywardens now if you own the expansion? You don't because by the time you can even work it out, you'll reach level 61. That part of the game is essentially dead with those NPC's.

Robin64

Right, so...you'll reach level 60 for a few hours before you reach level 61. How do you farm the original keywardens now if you own the expansion? You don't because by the time you can even work it out, you'll reach level 61. That part of the game is essentially dead with those NPC's.

I don't see the problem with this. You hit 70 and have a new version of the questline to do.

wsippel

Banned
Yay, got my key! And thanks to the RMAH, I only had to add another €3 to my Paypal account. All in all, I paid €17 for D3 + RoS. :)

Seil

Quick question, does moving between Master & Torment change the quality of drops or just the likeliness of a drop? For instance would a legendary that drops in Master suck more than a legendary dropping in torment?

Also, in master or torment does it matter where you farm? Will I get shittier gear farming Act I in torment versus Act IV?

There isn't a difference in legendary quality between difficulties, however some set items are apparently limited to Torment difficulties now. There are also level 70 Torment only legendaries in RoS.

BigDug13

I don't see the problem with this. You hit 70 and have a new version of the questline to do.

It just cuts content for expansion owners. I just came back to the game and just learned about all this keywarden stuff. Now that I'm buying the expansion tomorrow, I guess I'll never experience this version of it.

neoism

step 1: go 2 store
step 2: buy a innternet thing
step 3: plug thing into computer
victory!

srsly tho, assuming you have wifi and don't need ethernet per se, just run out and buy a USB wifi stick from wherever.

tether mobile. connect mobile to wireless on your router/modem

so my internet went down like al over the house, but came back on about an hour later, but my computer still didn't work. The light on the Ethernet port wasn't working, but I checked and the driver was disabled? First time ever... I enabled it and its working.. :( Man I'm happy but really not sure if its my port or did the internet going down, turn off my driver? Has anyone ever had it disabled my its self lol.
Man this launch is going to be aggravating enough without internet issues :/

Man I need a new computer this one doesn't even have wifi and its only got one port..
Its a amazing machine though
i5 2.7x4
r5870 dr13.1 <3 diss card
8gbram

HappyHunting

Neo Member
It just cuts content for expansion owners. I just came back to the game and just learned about all this keywarden stuff. Now that I'm buying the expansion tomorrow, I guess I'll never experience this version of it.

I fail to see how the content is cut. If you have the expansion your Keywarden content is at level 70, if you do not own the expansion it's at 60... they aren't removing anything.

Edit: That's like saying your legendaries are cut content because when you level you get better drops. :S

j-wood

So if I want to power level a new character tonight is it better for me to start a Torment 6 game and let my buddy come in and wreck face or for him to start a Torment 1 game and me join him?

This is the best way to do it:

1. Make a level 1 character, create the game on torment level 6.
2. Let your buddy with a level 60 character join your game and 1 shot everything
3. You'll be level 60 in about an hour.

Gandie

Exam tomorrow is cancelled. Seriously, can't believe my luck. Gonna run through Act I-IV for the last time today. Then I'm ready for Act V goodness :)

Seil

The new version doesn't really take anything away, though. The level 70 version has four keys and portals instead of three. So, all of the content in the level 60 version is still there - just in level 70 form and with another stage.

Though I get your point, I'd be surprised if a new player were upset because they missed the chance to be forced to play every difficulty mode sequentially. So this seems odd to me, as well =p

(That said, I regret not playing during a time where I could get the Infernal Staff of Herding plan. Forever stuck with Hellish since I stopped early in Inferno at launch and just now returned.)

Tevren

Trying to pass the time a bit more quickly by farming Nooks and Crannies. Man, some of these dungeons in Act II are a complete pain to find.

Sadly I can't complete one of the journal metas, as Fuad isn't dropping his journal properly at present.

uDNqsKs.gif

You are totally missing the point on this.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
so my internet went down like al over the house, but came back on about an hour later, but my computer still didn't work. The light on the Ethernet port wasn't working, but I checked and the driver was disabled? First time ever... I enabled it and its working.. :( Man I'm happy but really not sure if its my port or did the internet going down, turn off my driver? Has anyone ever had it disabled my its self lol.
Man this launch is going to be aggravating enough without internet issues :/

Always worth checking the physical stuff first. I was getting super flaky internet for a while... turned out the cable from my router to modem wasn't quite snapped in and had just been mostly-touching, just enough to work sometimes. If you have a separate ethernet card, make sure it's seated properly, etc.

Exam tomorrow is cancelled. Seriously, can't believe my luck. Gonna run through Act I-IV for the last time today. Then I'm ready for Act V goodness :)

One more teacher on the RoS hype train! lol

Samus4145

Oh look, National Grid needs to come to the house to replace the gas meter. Sure, I can be home all day tomorrow and wait, not a problem.

Sometimes things just work out better than you could imagine.

Will hop on after midnight for a bit when I get home and be on most of the morning.

plake

Seems many professors/teachers are also craving act 5 goodness tomorrow! :D

(That said, I regret not playing during a time where I could get the Infernal Staff of Herding plan. Forever stuck with Hellish since I stopped early in Inferno at launch and just now returned.)

What are the difference between the staff and why is one preferred to the other? I never bothered with those before.

ParityBit

So on the PS4 would we log into blizzard.net and what would happen to our PC guys? I am trying to hold out for the console version if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom