• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plake

So on the PS4 would we log into blizzard.net and what would happen to our PC guys? I am trying to hold out for the console version if I can.

They are not shared and will never be, according to Blizzard. I.e. you'd start from scratch on PS4. Too bad as I'd double-dip if I could share my account characters on both platforms.

In exactly 8 hours, I will be standing outside Diablo's room, waiting.

GET HYPE.

YEP! HYYYYYPEEEE! :D

ParityBit

They are not shared and will never be, according to Blizzard. I.e. you'd start from scratch on PS4. Too bad as I'd double-dip if I could share my account characters on both platforms.

Awww man. And still not release date until PAX (Maybe?)

Oh well. Back to the waiting game

2484614-hamster+gif.gif

The gif that keeps on gifing.

Seil

What are the difference between the staff and why is one preferred to the other? I never bothered with those before.

There's no difference in functionality anymore. Originally, you had to have the appropriate version for a difficulty to enter Whimsyshire. To enter in Hell, you needed a Hellish or Infernal staff. To upgrade your staff, you had to be in Act IV on the appropriate difficulty to buy the new plan.

Now there's just the normal plan and all versions work all the time due to the dynamic difficulty feature. So, the other versions are kind of collectible.

Cynar

Seems many professors/teachers are also craving act 5 goodness tomorrow! :D

What are the difference between the staff and why is one preferred to the other? I never bothered with those before.
With the old difficulty system you needed a different staff for each difficulty. Now you can just use any so there is no difference besides the name of it.

sueil

Yeah, it sucks to be honest. Would love to be able to couch game D3 with my current characters. :/

Honestly is just never going to happen. Platform holders don't like that kind of thing. There is also the issue of the balance differences between pc and console versions which could lead to items having stats built for one version of the game but not the other.

mileS

It will be interesting to see how the difficulty of the new act scales up. Because I know starting off, if its like it is now, anything below t4 is going to be way too easy. Curious to see how long that lasts before I start bumping it way down.

Whats everyone plan to start on difficulty wise?

VandalD

So I'm guessing we probably shouldn't kill Diablo on Torment+ tonight, seeing how mobs will get so much more powerful at 61+.
It will be interesting to see how the difficulty of the new act scales up. Because I know starting off, if its like it is now, anything below t4 is going to be way too easy. Curious to see how long that lasts before I start bumping it way down.

I'll probably move it down to Master to start with. I can comfortably do Torment, but I'm expecting that gear upgrades won't come as fast as monster power increases as levels are gained.

wormania

Run through on T1 to get a feel for the areas and mobs, then take it up a level or two to farm EXP until I hit 70, and then probably back down to T1 for farming legendaries (I'll farm paragon EXP later once I've got decent 70 gear)

That being said taking the game on any torment level all the way through to 70 is going to be very reliant on gear drops.

Belmire

Question,

When the game launches tonight, will torment be available right away or do we have to reach level 70 / kill last boss first? If we do have to reach 70 first, I'm assuming everyone will have to run it on master first...

ferr

Question,

When the game launches tonight, will torment be available right away or do we have to reach level 70 / kill last boss first? If we do have to reach 70 first, I'm assuming everyone will have to run it on master first...

good question

neoism

Always worth checking the physical stuff first. I was getting super flaky internet for a while... turned out the cable from my router to modem wasn't quite snapped in and had just been mostly-touching, just enough to work sometimes. If you have a separate ethernet card, make sure it's seated properly, etc.

One more teacher on the RoS hype train! lol

yeah other than me moving my computer a few inches or so its not moved an inch, but I did change all cables and had two in my router I didn't use soo... I will look into getting an wifi adapter, this computer is pushing 5 years, the card also lol. it was like 1700 and now I can get a $1000 and its like 5 times better lol.

Valnen

Question,

I hope torment will be available, I want SOME chance at dying through Act 5.

Takuan

Torment is unlocked by reaching level 60 currently. I do not expect that to change.

It can't, for the people who stick with vanilla.

If the servers work tomorrow, I am totally skipping basketball. Or I'm going into work early so that I can get a few hours of CRUSADIN' beforehand.

The latter is the far more likely scenario.

kitzkozan

So I'm guessing we probably shouldn't kill Diablo on Torment+ tonight, seeing how mobs will get so much more powerful at 61+.

I'll probably move it down to Master to start with. I can comfortably do Torment, but I'm expecting that gear upgrades won't come as fast as monster power increases as levels are gained.

Yup, which is why my DH is starting to struggle as I'm at the end of act II in master difficulty. I still have a level 25 quiver and didn't have any luck in upgrading it lol. :p The bump in monster power at level 50 is too much for my mediocre gear. I'm guessing the same will happen in torment difficulty, although with strong gear I'm sure it's possible to keep leveling in torment I or II.

garath

I'm not going to run anything below T1. Now that they are restricting drops to Torment, I want to be able to get anything and everything.

T1 is really easy anyways.

I reset quest the other day and am still in act 2. I hope it wont be a problem getting into act 5 because I wont have time to make it all the way to diablo to kill him.

BearPawB

Banned
I reset quest the other day and am still in act 2. I hope it wont be a problem getting into act 5 because I wont have time to make it all the way to diablo to kill him.

It probably will stop you from going to act 5 right away. If it doesn't let you skip to act 3, why would it let you skip to act 5?

Are you guys doing act V solo?

Probably. I don't want anyone skipping my cut scenes by accident/on purpose.

That doesn't sound good.

So 9PM Cali time? Do we start waiting outside diablos fight at around 8:45 and then enter at 9?

Robin64

You'll need to either get to Diablo and kill him, or join someone else who is going into Act V. You won't be able to do it alone unless you play through Acts II, III and IV.

AEREC

Pop it on normal and skip dialog and cutscenes. Should take around 2-3 hours to finish.

Kacho

Going solo to experience the story stuff. By the way, is there is a way to prevent friends from joining games? Never looked into that, but there have been times where I want to play solo and people start joining my game.

Robin64

Going solo to experience the story stuff. By the way, is there is a way to prevent friends from joining games? Never looked into that, but there have been times where I want to play solo and people start joining my game.

It's in the Social part of the Options. Just a tick box.

Been getting back into the game recently because I wanted to see how it's changed. I'm reasonably excited but some of the changes just piss me off.

Removing life steal? Arg. That's a fun stat to have.

Reducing arcane on crit? WTF. I think they just want to slow the game down and make it more boring. I don't get it.

I'm going to rock this extension with my monk then I'll level my wiz from 60 to 70 and then try out crusader. Eventually I will level my wd too.

I won't bother to touch my barb and dh for now. I just can't play these class. Maybe some of the new legendaries and build will make me change my mind but dh alway felt too much I a glass canon and I never had fun playing barb at level 60.

as long as I haven't reset quests and I can still start Prime Evil I should be able to jump into Act V right? or will I need to just start on the last checkpoint and go from there?

Robin64

as long as I haven't reset quests and I can still start Prime Evil I should be able to jump into Act V right? or will I need to just start on the last checkpoint and go from there?

You'll be good to go. Act V will appear when the RoS notice is broadcast.

Though Blizz are suggesting that the best way to do it is to plan it so you are killing Diablo just after the RoS launch hits. Then you'll transition into Act V naturally.

I will for the first time at least. Just so I don't miss anything and can take my time.

I'm excited just to have a new act to play in. I don't like 2 or 4 so I usually avoid playing them.

Though Blizz are suggesting that the best way to do it is to plan it so you are killing Diablo just after the RoS launch hits. Then you'll transition into Act V naturally.

Should work out nicely. I started a new playthrough on Torment 3 and just started Act 4 last night. Should finish it up just in time for RoS.

You'll be good to go. Act V will appear when the RoS notice is broadcast.

alright thanks for the info!

F34R

I'll be home around 4pm EST (EDT) if you want to go through it. I have plenty of time to spend helping. ;) If you're on the AMER servers of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom