• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really enjoying Act 5 so far (just got the Mystic following me around), anyone mind adding me to the GAF guild on NA? Battletag is AnathemicOne#1625

Firemind

All I've been getting in bulk are topazes. Motherfucking RNG :lol

The Mystic has been a godsend. Doubled my DPS after a few rolls with two marquise emeralds. Wish I hoarded a few stacks of brimstones before the AH shut down, but oh well. Probably need other materials to roll lvl. 70 items anyway.

PatzCU

Hyyyyyyyype! Couldn't play last night for launch, but taking a half day today to go home and gorge myself on some RoS goodness. Can't decide if I will beat Act V on my Barbarian or start a hardcore Crusader first. Really looking forward to sinking some major time back into Diablo in the coming months!

Giggzy

HAMMERS!! HOW ARE THEY??

I was only able to get my crusader to level 10 before going to bed. I was this close (puts fingers an inch apart) to calling in sick to work, but alas I did not. Can't wait to get home though!

Will anyone rush me? I'll pay a hefty fee of 25m!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is the story in RoS just as bad as what we're used to in Diablo 3?

Yea it's atrocious. I tried listening to the new conversations but it took maybe 2 minutes for me to start hammering the space bar through them. Chris Metzen really is the worst of all time.

HAMMERS!! HOW ARE THEY??

I was only able to get my crusader to level 10 before going to bed. I was this close (puts fingers an inch apart) to calling in sick to work, but alas I did not. Can't wait to get home though!

Will anyone rush me? I'll pay a hefty fee of 25m!

I spent several minutes in bed pondering whether I should just call in sick. I manned up however and just about made my bus in. Work sucks.

ys45

Can you start a lvl 1 character and go right away to the adventure mode ?
Don't feel like doing act I-IV again with the crusader

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can you start a lvl 1 character and go right away to the adventure mode ?
Don't feel like doing act I-IV again with the crusader

Yeah, but you have to unlock adventure mode first by beating act v on any character.

Lan_97

Ugh, it looks like Amazon fucked up their CE preorders. Looks like I won't be getting mine today. I no longer even have an estimated shipping date.

Begaria

No calling in sick for me. My work would demand I come in even if I were suddenly a quadriplegic. These taxes and year end files aren't going to do themselves, ya know? The Reaper will have to wait until tonight when I have time to play.

Giggzy

Lé Blade Runner;105701456 said:
Same here, to be honest. I am glad I went, but these last few hours are crawling slower than a maggot in tar.

What a fantastic description.

I just got to work. 8 hours to go >< then going to visit my pops. So I won't be on for another 12-13 hours. First world problems amiright?

plake

Hey, studying for an exam on Friday is equally hard as I'm doing it in front of the computer. So easy to just start D3, but I. will. resist. I must. until tonight at least... :(

My ONE favorite part of 2.0 Diablo. On vanilla, when you got a drop (well, those that weren't crap) you first had to check if it was an upgrade for you.

If it was - equip it.

If it wasn't - go play the AH game.
The AH game is THE WORST. You'd have to compare stats, items, and sell your item for a fitting price. This took sooooooooo much time and was sooooooooooooo boring.

Now, in 2.0, I look at the drop (which are usually good!) and see if I want to use it.
If not - I just salvage it. Piece of cake and much more enjoyable.

I love 2.0 and ROS. This is great!

Stuck at work for the next 7 hours...how long is it taking people to get through act 5? I promised my wife I'd go through it with her, but I'm really excited to get into adventure mode with the crusader, so I'm hoping with a few hours each night I'll be able to get to adventure mode by the weekend.

I'd say between 3-5 hours. If you just ant to unlock adventure mode you could cruise through act 5 on an easier difficulty and ignoring all the side areas. Should be 1-2 hours tops.

Stuck at work for the next 7 hours...how long is it taking people to get through act 5? I promised my wife I'd go through it with her, but I'm really excited to get into adventure mode with the crusader, so I'm hoping with a few hours each night I'll be able to get to adventure mode by the weekend.

Bradach

No calling in sick for me. My work would demand I come in even if I were suddenly a quadriplegic. These taxes and year end files aren't going to do themselves, ya know? The Reaper will have to wait until tonight when I have time to play.

Yeah! The reapers assets are going to be impaired before the night is out, amirite

I should have stayed home...

It's not even 10 am and i've run out of stuff to do, been so slow the last few weeks, i've been clearing stuff that was on hold for months. I could have played all day and work a few hours from home.

Now thinking of going back home this afternoon, just gotta find a reason...

Haven't played and just started work, I wont be able to experience RoS till 8PM EST tonight once I come back from work, feed and bathe my kids and put them to bed, oh god I have a long head ahead of me.

Atram

I should have stayed home...

It's not even 10 am and i've run out of stuff to do, been so slow the last few weeks, i've been clearing stuff that was on hold for months. I could have played all day and work a few hours from home.

Now thinking of going back home this afternoon, just gotta find a reason...

Reaperitis

Seth C

If I reset my quests and then never played the game since then am I going to have to suffer through the entire game to get to play ACT V?

Leonsito

I restarted the history mode this weekend, do I have to beat the entire game again before I can play the 5th act? Or can I jump straight away into the expansion?

Edit: Haha Seth, what a coincidence.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Well I'll be damned... The CE sold out on Amazon. Didn't see that coming.

I restarted the history mode this weekend, do I have to beat the entire game again before I can play the 5th act? Or can I jump straight away into the expansion?

Edit: Haha Seth, what a coincidence.

been stated a few times. The only reason you would have to beat the game again is if you clicked "reset quests" on a character. If you didn't do that on any character, you can jump right to act V. Any character you clicked "reset quests" on you will have to beat through act iv to play act v.

after you beat act v on one character, it opens up adventure mode for all characters on your account.

Guys... I haven't even gone to bed yet.

Haha. So far I'm loving it. Act V was a blast. Loved the story and the little polish and graphical effects they did on some parts. The music is absolutely amazing.

I've been 70 for a while and I'm now in adventure mode. I've done all the acts so far but Act 2 which I'm now going to do! :)

My DPS has gone up almost 200k tonight.

Also my Witch Doctor looks beastly with transmorgify.

2FPdlWk.png

Bradach

If I reset my quests and then never played the game since then am I going to have to suffer through the entire game to get to play ACT V?

As far as I know the 'Reset Quest' is only for that character, so if you have another character that you haven't reset quests on you could use them.
Alternatively change the difficulty to Normal and run through as much as you can ignoring everyone except the bosses.

garath

Guys... I haven't even gone to bed yet.

Haha. So far I'm loving it. Act V was a blast. Loved the story and the little polish and graphical effects they did on some parts. The music is absolutely amazing.

I've been 70 for a while and I'm now in adventure mode. I've done all the acts so far but Act 2 which I'm now going to do! :)

My DPS has gone up almost 200k tonight.

Also my Witch Doctor looks beastly with transmorgify.

2FPdlWk.png

o_O

UP 200k? wow.

link your profile! I want to see the new items. Help me get my fix :)

Leonsito

Well I'll be damned... The CE sold out on Amazon. Didn't see that coming.

been stated a few times. The only reason you would have to beat the game again is if you clicked "reset quests" on a character. If you didn't do that on any character, you can jump right to act V. Any character you clicked "reset quests" on you will have to beat through act iv to play act v.

after you beat act v on one character, it opens up adventure mode for all characters on your account.

Oh fuck :( I reset the quests with my only character on friday :_(

Plumpman

Should I be worried?

Amazon just now charged my card, and my CE says Shipping Now. This all happened this morning, and it still says ETA is today.

o.0

JCizzle

Oh fuck :( I reset the quests with my only character on friday :_(

I dunno how geared your characters are, but I accidentally did the same thing and was able to blow through each chapter on normal in about 30-45 minutes by skipping most mobs and one shotting everything that got in my way with sweeping wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom