• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonsito

I dunno how geared your characters are, but I accidentally did the same thing and was able to blow through each chapter on normal in about 30-45 minutes by skipping most mobs and one shotting everything that got in my way with sweeping wind.

It was a lvl 35 DH from more than a year ago, pretty shitty, I did it to start on hard again with the promise of better gear (this is why you reset instead of playing an specific quest right? I'm pretty noob here lol)

Here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Leonsito-2772/hero/38010162 don't laugh :p

Lmao DH with cluster arrow builds. I don't even have a Cindercoat, though i got overall +29% Cluster Arrow damage and +19% fire damage, and just completely shit on the enemies at Torment 2 when it was actually quite challenging with my Wiz, who I'd argue was a bit better geared.

JCizzle

It was a lvl 35 DH from more than a year ago, pretty shitty, I did it to start on hard again with the promise of better gear (this is why you reset instead of playing an specific quest right? I'm pretty noob here lol)

Here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Leonsito-2772/hero/38010162 don't laugh :p

Ahh I see where you're coming from - and in your case it is a good idea to reset before you hit 60. Now you'll get guaranteed legendary drops from each of the act bosses and be geared in no time as you level. Play at your own pace and enjoy the loot!

Seth C

As far as I know the 'Reset Quest' is only for that character, so if you have another character that you haven't reset quests on you could use them.
Alternatively change the difficulty to Normal and run through as much as you can ignoring everyone except the bosses.

Ugh.

This may have been a waste of $40. I'm not sure I have the patience to plow through the entire game again.

And just as I post.. I find a legendary ceremonial knife lol. My DPS is now up 220k since last night.

I'm guessing I could play thi game 200 more hours and never get TO 200k damage, much less ADD that much. Hilarious.

BearPawB

Banned
Just beat the second boss.

I love the new areas in the expansion. They are fantastic.

Bosses are much more challenging.

And pirhanas are great.

Overall I am very pleased!

garath

Lmao DH with cluster arrow builds. I don't even have a Cindercoat, though i got overall +29% Cluster Arrow damage and +19% fire damage, and just completely shit on the enemies at Torment 2 when it was actually quite challenging with my Wiz, who I'd argue was a bit better geared.

I used to love the cluster arrow build. Especially with high crit damage. You can pop millions of damage in one cluster arrow. It's a big hatred spender though.

Ugh.

This may have been a waste of $40. I'm not sure I have the patience to plow through the entire game again.

Just put it on normal and run straight to all the quest objectives. Should take less than an hour.

Lé Blade Runner;105701456 said:
Same here, to be honest. I am glad I went, but these last few hours are crawling slower than a maggot in tar.

Stay strong
tumblr_lh9qcqgUk31qal2i4.gif

d1rtn4p

Probably been asked a million times in this thread, but I got bored with D3 after I beat it. Is there significant new gameplay here to reignite interest?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Probably been asked a million times in this thread, but I got bored with D3 after I beat it. Is there significant new gameplay here to reignite interest?

Paragons
Adventure Mode
Much better items
Act 5 shits on most other acts they have ever had.

Yes. If you mean to say you stopped playing shortly after release then there's so god damn many changes it ain't even funny.

Overall the gameplay got huge improved in all aspects. Much more skills and builds are viable, difficulty levels got changed in a big way where you don't have to play through the game multiple time and can always set it so, that it's challenging. Gear got hugely improved and there are hundreds of Legendaries with unique effects out there. Some of the set boni are especially amazing.

Even if you don't want to buy RoS just yet, do another playthrough of D3 and if you liked it you can just get RoS and continue with an amazing Act V.

razielim

The gameplay is the same, so if you were bored with that I wouldn't come back. It's easier to get gear upgrades due to loot 2.0 but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be swimming in upgrades. so if loot was the letdown it may be worth checking out. I'm really digging it so far and have a brutal day of work since I was up til 3:30 in the morning playing. Found the boss fights to be a lot of fun so far.

I want to reroll the DPS roll on my pre-ROS leg 1h's. However, I need a ton of tears and need to start a 1-60 character to get them lol

Edit: not legacy items.

I went hard tonight. Finished act v and did a set of bounties to get barb to 70. The mystic is amazing. Haven't played with legebdaries yet but for rates, upgrading something from almost there to what want is really satisfying. And yes, adding a socket to a weapon will probably never get old.

One thing I noticed. With a few sets of shoulders, I can't seem to get a all res roll in any of the slots. Is this something new?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

Diablo 3 2.0 + RoS is easily one of the best ARPG experiences ever created.

About the biggest complaint I can see is if you put hundreds of hours into pre-2.0 and burned yourself out, I'm not sure if 2.0 is enough to get someone like that back.

aside from that though. If you are coming in with limited pre-2.0 experience or better yet fresh? Oh man.... so so good.

The gameplay is the same, so if you were bored with that I wouldn't come back. It's easier to get gear upgrades due to loot 2.0 but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be swimming in upgrades. so if loot was the letdown it may be worth checking out. I'm really digging it so far and have a brutal day of work since I was up til 3:30 in the morning playing. Found the boss fights to be a lot of fun so far.

gameplay isn't the same. it is significantly more finely tuned. however the game as a whole is largely the same.. yes. that's why I said above if you've already beaten the game a hundred times, etc.. there might not be a lot there to pull you back.

Seth C

I used to love the cluster arrow build. Especially with high crit damage. You can pop millions of damage in one cluster arrow. It's a big hatred spender though.

Just put it on normal and run straight to all the quest objectives. Should take less than an hour.

I just completely fucking loathe the entirety of Acts 2 and 3. I'm not sure I'm willing to go back through them yet again, at least not right now. Maybe some other time.

Orlandu84

I came back to the game two weeks ago due to Loot 2.0, and I am glad that did. The difficulty scales much better, and useful items now drop! Try out the game without the expansion for a couple of hours and see what gear you get. If you don't have fun, then at least you know what people are talking about.

razielim

gameplay isn't the same. it is significantly more finely tuned. however the game as a whole is largely the same.. yes. that's why I said above if you've already beaten the game a hundred times, etc.. there might not be a lot there to pull you back.

Spells changed but Diablo is still Diablo. Was just saying if the game was not enjoyable for reasons outside of loot, chances are you'll still find not enjoyable. I've played it consistently since its been out so maybe I don't notice the difference as I'm used to everything.

There's only one CG cinematic in this expansion? Sucks, i expect at least 2 with Blizzard expansions(excluding WoW)

Well they have quite a bit of that parchment type cinematic scattered throughout Act V. That is fully pre-rendered stuff although of course not on the 'same level' as the usual full 3D ones.

They also must have made quite a lot variations for each character and sex.

Can't say I prefer one over the other but I assume the workload is similar.

Interfectum

There's only one CG cinematic in this expansion? Sucks, i expect at least 2 with Blizzard expansions(excluding WoW)

My guess would be the CG team is getting stretched pretty thin with D3 intro, WoW WoD intro, Heroes CG trailer, etc. Really disappointing to hear that there isn't a cool CG ending though. :/

Baleoce

Trying to do Urzael T1 on Wiz. Kind of tricky :s Need to keep concentration up xD

EDIT: Just managed it. Fuck me that took some effort.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got to
Briarthorn Cemetery
, how far into the act am I? feels like Ive been playing forever and im only 63 (I did every event in the first zone, including
a looooooooong sewer dungeon with 2 levels full of dead bodies and a wave base event at the end, which was hard as shit on torment 1
)

Yeah I couldnt do torment 1 Act 5 after about halfway through. It got really rough before
Adria

My fetishes are now hitting for 1.2 million each hit.. haha

Cse

Banned
I must suck. After ~4 hours I'm only at level 67.

I've completed Act V, but I've had to drop the difficulty down to Hard.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh you've barely started. Maybe 15%.

ah nice. I might bump the difficulty down from Torment 1 to be honest, my damage output is far from amazing with my spec (but its how I like to play) and Ive had trouble with some packs already (like I said before, that event was really hard and I died a lot)

Robin64

Had to drop a couple of times through Act V, to be honest. The lack of new gear meant the enemies were fast outscaling my damage and toughness.

Not too fussed, mind, was really just a way to open Adventure Mode for me. :)

garath

I don't want to drop below torment. I have faith in my deeps. (probably not, but I'll tough it out as long as I can)

I don't want to miss out on any potential torment only drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom