• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

Gonna try and not drop below T1 for this first play through. I managed it for
Urzael
so it'll be fun seeing what comes after.

Remmy2112

So I completed all 25 bounties in one game. I thought there was supposed to be some reward for that? I got nothing beyond the normal act clears and caches.

Boogdud

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PezRadar-1470/hero/41161133

Still using some 60 gear because I'm a pet/zookeeper/fetish build and the aspd bonus and +physical is still something I can't part ways with.

The char names cracked me up.

You're a little light on D, unless that's Jordie and not Jamie...

Anyway have you tried Piranhas yet? I just hit 61 last night before going to bed and I literally couldn't tell if it was doing a damn thing. They should call it coy pond because mobs were just splashing around and having fun in that worthless pool. Does it ever get any better?

GJS

DPS upgrades weren't enough for Uzrael at T1 on my monk. Had to drop back down to my sledge fist to stun him to death.

Haven't really found many upgrades yet, enchanting my level 60 items has been where most of my improvement has come from.

Supposedly the over abundance of level 61 items has been that way since the beta and nothing has changed since then.

DSmalls84

The char names cracked me up.

You're a little light on D, unless that's Jordie and not Jamie...

Anyway have you tried Piranhas yet? I just hit 61 last night before going to bed and I literally couldn't tell if it was doing a damn thing. They should call it coy pond because mobs were just splashing around and having fun in that worthless pool. Does it ever get any better?

The biggest advantage seems to be that enemies hit by it take 15% more damage. Basically it's a debuff with some DOT.

Waiting till 70 to kill
Malthael
on master difficulty? Good idea! It also dropped a legendary bracers pattern for me too. Not too shabby. Though that gem is gonna have to go for something better soon.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Whiskeydiver-1716/hero/4152364

Overall my character needs a lot of work still. Only 413k buffed damage and around 3.5 million toughness buffed. Getting through on torment difficulty and finishing off the last third of it on master was rough to say the least. I need to make her more beefy!

63a9o12.png

DSmalls84

Waiting till 70 to kill
Malthael
on master difficulty? Good idea! It also dropped a legendary bracers pattern for me too. Not too shabby. Though that gem is gonna have to go for something better soon.

Overall my character needs a lot of work still. Only 413k buffed damage and around 3.5 million toughness buffed. Getting through on torment difficulty and finishing off the last third of it on master was rough to say the least. I need to make her more beefy!

63a9o12.png

Really puts thing into perspective lol. I remember my first trip into inferno I needed 12 k damage to kill the Butcher lol.

23 Legends in 9 hours of play. Opened 9 Horadric caches and got 5 legs.

I did like 8 rifts though... and didn't ever get a greater cache? Anyone know if they are still in the game?

My DH is already insanely geared.

Rifts are so amazingly fun, as are bounties. I just almost feel like we went from one end of the spectrum to the other...

Waiting till 70 to kill
Malthael

63a9o12.png

Man. If Torment 1 is this hard.... o_O

Remmy2112

I have completed my first night of the expansion. I cleared act 5 on torment 2 later downgraded to 1 with a friend DH and WD
Malthael was a pain in the balls
and unlocked adventure mode, completing all 25 bounties. I got some good rares and these beauties:

I actually got two of the staves. First had 2400 DPS and 10k life after kill and was replaced by the second. First is now sitting on my enchantress and the double fears are actually pretty useful.

Cse

Banned
What is the benefit of doing a Nephalim Rift?

Just a change of pace from bounties? Or do they offer something unique?

Sigmaah

So how long is it taking you guys to get to 70?

Gotta buy the physical copy today after school, install then WE IN THERE!

Gonna get my DH to 70 then gonna go Crusader!

terrisus

So, I had reset to Chapter 1 a few months back, and don't really feel compelled to play through the whole game again...
Anyone around who can help me just hop to the end of Chapter 4 to get into Chapter 5?

th3dude

Got up to
Uzrael
last night, but couldn't take him down.

Got lots of new gear on my DH and leveled to 64 to get there, but my buffed 300k dps and 1m toughness doesn't seem like enough to burn him down before he takes me out on T1. Gonna keep trying though.

Also, if you 'Reset Quests', does it lock adventure mode again or is it unlocked forever once you beat AV?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whooooooooooa the difficulty drop from torment 1 to master is silly, bit unbalanced maybe? boss / zone spoilers
the briarthorn cemetary boss, which is basically the same as the last one in westmarch commons (thats lazy as shit blizz come on) was SO much easier, in fact the whole zone was, although the graveyard is much smaller, but the couple of yellows I found were so much easier compared to torment 1, like I said, bit silly.
now I dont know what to do.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So I completed all 25 bounties in one game. I thought there was supposed to be some reward for that? I got nothing beyond the normal act clears and caches.

Dont you get blood shards for bounties? Then you can trade in those shards for loot runs and greater caches or something

I just remember reading this stuff but havent played with any of it yet

Remmy2112

Dont you get blood shards for bounties? Then you can trade in those shards for loot runs and greater caches or something

I just remember reading this stuff but havent played with any of it yet

You do get shards but from what I have just read it seems they removed the greater caches.. and quite possibly the bonus for completing all 25. The kind of loot that was on a greater cache now drops from the end boss of rifts.

Here is my plan, please tell me if it will not work. I'm going to:

• Beat Act 5 (probably in expert) to unlock adventure mode
  • Reset quests
  • Do a quick rush through story on normal
  • Restart act 5 on t1
  • Use adventure mode to get myself geared up enough to eventually beat it.

Should work, yes?

I don't have the gear for T1 Act 5 yet but, don't want to miss out on the T1 only drops.

Westonian

Had to quit last night after first boss fight. That fight made me drop from T1 to Master. Prior to the fight, had this drop in the rat sewers beneath Westmarch:

vEjEa4T.png

For my 150K unbuffed monk, this was a huge upgrade. Now sitting at just over 200K unbuffed and 1.3 million toughness. Don't think T1 is going to be possible from here on out until I find better gear.

dmr87

So how long is it taking you guys to get to 70?

Around 3h30m on Torment 1, reached 70 before Malthael. Also, dodge gets nerfed to hell (I'm a monk) while you level, I went from 50-55ish to sub 40 before I hit 70 and could put in another passive to boost it a bit again.

(Ruby socket in helm)

RS4-

Torment is damn brutal. Ended up resorting to moving down to expert just to get the act over with halfway through.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
As soon as I saw the giant rat callers, I KNEW this was in, haha.

How about this for a crazy coincidence... Splinter's master was Yoshi.

Splinter said:
I too once had a family, Danny. Many years ago I lived in Japan: a pet of my master Yoshi, mimicking his movements from my cage and learning the mysterious art of Jinjitsu, for Yoshi was one of Japan's finest shadow warriors. His only rival was a man named Oroko Saki, and they competed in all things, but in nothing more fiercely than for the love of a woman, Thang Shin. Shin's love was only for my master and rather than see him fight Saki for her hand, she persuaded Yoshi to flee with me to America. But Saki vowed vengeance. I remember it well, as my master returned home to find his beloved Shin lying on the floor, and then he saw her killer. Saki wasted no words, and during the struggle, my cage was broken. I leapt to Saki's face, biting and clawing, but he threw me to the floor and took one swipe with his Katana, slicing my ear. Then he was gone, and I was alone.

Can't deal with T1 in Act V anymore. I had to drop to Master. I must have died at least 15 times in that bone cave thing. There were elite packs in every corner. My DH setup is becoming very defensive right now.
DPS: 112k (unbuffed) 257k (buffed)
Toughness: 1.8m

plake

Can't deal with T1 in Act V anymore. I had to drop to Master. I must have died at least 15 times in that bone cave thing. There were elite packs in every corner. My DH setup is becoming very defensive right now.

Yeah, Toughness seem to be WAY more important at lv 70 than it ever was on lv 60. I'm up from 800k toughness to 6 mil just to survive on T1.

Torment is damn brutal. Ended up resorting to moving down to expert just to get the act over with halfway through.
I know a week out I'll see less and less of these type of comments but it's lovely reading them now. I like that people are getting "knocked down" a bit. Feels like a proper challenge for people who were blowing through Torment before.

I know I've had to turn it down. Don't mind. I'll work my way back up gear wise eventually. First order is to ding 70.
Hearing reports of people getting booted off game and having their Act V progress reset.
US or EU or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom