• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnaroz

Here is my plan, please tell me if it will not work. I'm going to:

• Beat Act 5 (probably in expert) to unlock adventure mode
  • Reset quests
  • Do a quick rush through story on normal
  • Restart act 5 on t1
  • Use adventure mode to get myself geared up enough to eventually beat it.

Should work, yes?

I don't have the gear for T1 Act 5 yet but, don't want to miss out on the T1 only drops.
Why would you do all that, though? Just level to 70 before you beat Melthael(on whichever difficulty) and then simply use adventure mode to gear up for T1.

Ashodin

I know a week out I'll see less and less of these type of comments but it's lovely reading them now. I like that people are getting "knocked down" a bit. Feels like a proper challenge for people who were blowing through Torment before.

I know I've had to turn it down. Don't mind. I'll work my way back up gear wise eventually. First order is to ding 70.

I'm affectionately calling it Diablo Souls.

Shit is fuckin' hard.

When I see elite packs I'm like OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

Shit is fuckin' hard.

Yeah, wasn't expecting it like that. But I guess it makes sense since the monsters scale to our level.

Also, I hope they don't nerf torment like they did with inferno.

Wilsongt

I'm playing on Master, and other than those first two minibosses, I am not having too much trouble with Elites...

My toughness managed to shoot above 1m during the first few minutes of the Act, though, so that tells you something about the drops. :eek:

So how are things running in NA? Tempted to bite now instead of waiting till Friday but wanna make sure I will be able to play without to many disconnects.

eek5

Started T3 with a friend. Switched to T2 at around 64, T1 around 66, and then dropped to master at 68. Finished A5 in around 4-5 hrs.

Some of the areas in A5 are excellent. Adventure mode seems like it will be a lot of fun too. So many elites!

Shit is fuckin' hard.

There's an event in one of the bone dungeons that had spinning flames of death and a rather difficult champ that just fucked me up royally.

I'm at level 70 well before the end fight because I've mostly played T1. However, the fight above and some elite / boss fights are hard and forced me to master for those sections.

Shit ... I even slotted serenity in last night for brief moments ..,

Amzin

Yeah, wasn't expecting it like that. But I guess it makes sense since the monsters scale to our level.

Also, I hope they don't nerf torment like they did with inferno.

There's no reason they should. The reason it feels so hard is that monster stats at level 62, 63, etc. are a lot higher than at 60 but unless you're super lucky, your gear isn't scaling as fast. Once people hit 70 and farm for a bit it'll be business as usual.

Has anyone figured out if Toughness is actually a good measurement? I'm worried to trust it because it doesn't seem to take into account armor vs allres and overvalues vit.

Wilsongt

There's an event in one of the bone dungeons that had spinning flames of death and a rather difficult champ that just fucked me up royally.

I'm at level 70 well before the end fight because I've mostly played T1. However, the fight above and some elite / boss fights are hard and forced me to master for those sections.

Shit ... I even slotted serenity in last night for brief moments ..,

Yeah, that Firestorm event was a bitch.

Shit is fuckin' hard.

Haha... yeah. I think I said "ouch!" several times yesterday when I'd get hit and see half my health disappear. *hugs her "Q" key*

Oh, on an interesting order note, Amazon sent me an email this morning telling me they're having trouble getting a hold of the physical CE at the moment and if I was still interested, I needed to confirm I still wanted it. I ordered it a bit on the late side so I can't say I'm too surprised but I think that's the first time I had that happen with them.

hobart

The problem with playing the game at 12am is that it's 3:30am before you know it....

I started T1 just fine... got passed the first boss and then needed to drop to Master just as I pulled 2nd boss.

I had no issues staying alive for long periods -- but my damage was just lacking. First boss took me forever on T1 -- but once I got the pattern he was pretty easy (just tedious).

Glad it's a challenge though. This will make me want to play A5 again once I get myself geared. The really frustrating thing last night was the Level 61 drops. It wasn't until halfway through Level 66 that something OTHER than a 61 dropped for me. I was really hoping to upgrade my way through the Act -- but haven't found too much obviously with the 61 drops not being much better than my Legendaries. Now with things dropping my level -- maybe I'll find some small upgrades here and there as I make my way towards final boss.

Also - it's been said but -- soundtrack is AMAZING.

Seil

How long? Because acts in D3 in compare to D2 is like, super short.
I can beat the entire game in a day, unlike diablo 2 that I can only complete the game with speed run

I was doing everything 100% and took my time, but it took me like 8-9 hours I think x.x

But that's doing literally everything. Explored every map, did every dungeon, talked to every NPC every chance I got etc.

The maps are huge, though, and it's definitely long in general. The middle was somewhat tiring imo. Pacing is nice through the first boss, but between first and second it just felt long and nothing else.

Edit: That said, Act V is amazing.

joesmokey

My wizard is finally geared up for T1 at level 70. Fully buffed I'm sitting at 350k dps and 6.9m toughness. Still a ton of gear to replace, but I got pretty good loot this first run. I can probably switch to T2 now, but I'm enjoying not having to worry too much. Using the 4 piece Blackthorne bonus makes elites so much easier.

Adventure Mode is great. Bounties will go a long way for longevity. I'm not really a fan of rifts, as enemies are too spread out and it can take a very long time to clear one, often with no great reward.

Brandson

Act 5 on T1 was a cakewalk until I hit 62. I don't know if it was the life steal nerf or a serious buss to monsters at 62+, but elites just mowed right through my monk. I had to do a serious rethink of skills and gear. I had to drop my damage from about 240k to 80k initially in order to survive. I've since gotten it back up to 167k unbuffed, but boosted my toughness from 250k to 1.3m and my healing from 1.5k to 32k. I seem to be doing ok now at level 66 on act 5 t1, but had to bump down to master to get through a mini boss. I've also switched from a 2h skorn to a 1h fist and shield combo, both of which I found in act 5 so far. The rest of my gear is all legacy still.

I hate that my crit hits have dropped in potency by about 80% though. I desperately need some CD and a socket on my weapon now. No luck so far.

Nete

Loveling mystic. First try:

tIdBG3n.jpg

Daedalux

Neo Member
I have a lvl 56 Monk that I don't play for ages.

Should I be fine starting over with a Crusader this time around to learn the ropes?

I was doing everything 100% and took my time, but it took me like 8-9 hours I think x.x

But that's doing literally everything. Explored every map, did every dungeon, talked to every NPC every chance I got etc.

The maps are huge, though, and it's definitely long in general. The middle was somewhat tiring imo. Pacing is nice through the first boss, but between first and second it just felt long and nothing else.

Edit: That said, Act V is amazing.
That's great to hear.
I hope that I'll find proper equip for my WD Tank

idlewild_

Holy crap
Urazael
has so much health on T1. Took almost 20min just to
get him to change phases
. Had to drop down a couple difficulties just to make him beatable in a reasonable amount of time. Will probably stay on T1 up until the main boss fights and then switch down a couple difficulty levels if the rest have similar amounts of health.

Seil

I have a lvl 56 Monk that I don't play for ages.

Should I be fine starting over with a Crusader this time around to learn the ropes?

It's really up to you. Honestly, I'd pick up the monk and try to get back into it to beat the story and unlock adventure mode if I was in your shoes, though.

Adventure mode is more interesting for leveling lol.

Oh, on an interesting order note, Amazon sent me an email this morning telling me they're having trouble getting a hold of the physical CE at the moment and if I was still interested, I needed to confirm I still wanted it. I ordered it a bit on the late side so I can't say I'm too surprised but I think that's the first time I had that happen with them.
I didn't get this email, but my CE finally shipped out about an hour ago. I talked with an Amazon rep for some goodwill to come my way. This is the second time this has happened to me with Amazon in two business days. If I wasn't such a stickler for physical, I'd have just cancelled my order.

I am happy to hear all of the raving impressions for Act V. It is making the wait until tomorrow all the worse!

Dahbomb

Has anyone figured out if Toughness is actually a good measurement? I'm worried to trust it because it doesn't seem to take into account armor vs allres and overvalues vit.
It does take into account All Res but it over values Vit.

Overall I don't put too much stock into it and use my own judgment. Honestly with some of the skill/elemental bonuses I don't put much stock into sheet DPS either. My DH is 200K DPS but it does way less damage overall than my Monk who is at 160K.

About to play RoS in about an hour.

Loveling mystic. First try:

tIdBG3n.jpg
I'm pretty positive they gave us the first hit of crack for free. I took my vitality only quiver and ended up with 440 dex. Turned it into "I guess this is better than what I had." into "I love you Holy Point Shot." Was not expecting to get what I wanted on the first try.

For now at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom