• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Played some of the adventure mode yesterday, was a lot of fun. I like the random bounties and freedom to go anywhere in the game. I thought the ROS expansion was a bit short, but I hope they release more expansions.

GoodlifeX

Played some of the adventure mode yesterday, was a lot of fun. I like the random bounties and freedom to go anywhere in the game. I thought the ROS expansion was a bit short, but I hope they release more expansions.

I agree. I went from being extremely bitter and quitting Diablo to loving it with the release of RoS. I just got back into it recently. I only stopped playing RoS just to play something else for a bit.

There will definitely be more expansions...the frequency of their releases however will be typically Blizzard like.

ZenaxPure

Well, make sure you start doing rifts as well since that is probably the biggest part of the expansion really. At least in terms of time investment, you'll spend much more time running them (and in the upcoming patch greater rifts) then you will doing just bounties.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Well, make sure you start doing rifts as well since that is probably the biggest part of the expansion really. At least in terms of time investment, you'll spend much more time running them (and in the upcoming patch greater rifts) then you will doing just bounties.

I can't find the materials needed to do a rift, or I haven't been able to unlock one yet.

Ayumi

Been really wanting to find someone to do those specific high XP bounties with. I really wanna reach at least p250 by next weekend. I'll be 200 tomorrow but it's not going fast enough for me since I'm ridin' solo!

The problem is that everyone's either focusing on farming keys on Normal, or doing RIF for shards and loot. So when I tried to make a group for completing rifts together, that didn't really work out (people left right away).. people only care about RIF and RG kills. :(

Guess I'll just have to spend tomorrow farming keys so I can join T6 games for RG XP~ I always end up being the one to open since everyone's p500000 already. lol

Pickman

Been really wanting to find someone to do those specific high XP bounties with. I really wanna reach at least p250 by next weekend. I'll be 200 tomorrow but it's not going fast enough for me since I'm ridin' solo!

The problem is that everyone's either focusing on farming keys on Normal, or doing RIF for shards and loot. So when I tried to make a group for completing rifts together, that didn't really work out (people left right away).. people only care about RIF and RG kills. :(

Guess I'll just have to spend tomorrow farming keys so I can join T6 games for RG XP~ I always end up being the one to open since everyone's p500000 already. lol

Join the community "Bounty Runz" and post exactly what you're looking forward. Might take a lil time to find someone, but you will eventually.

As for me, I'm sitting at I think 254 Paragon. I'm running T4 Keywardens right now tho so I'm not making much progress. Trying to stockpile those keys. :B

J. Bravo

Been really wanting to find someone to do those specific high XP bounties with. I really wanna reach at least p250 by next weekend. I'll be 200 tomorrow but it's not going fast enough for me since I'm ridin' solo! UI

i would do some of those with you. i am pretty sure my wd can solo them so we could probably do the hell lrift one easily. balddemon#1627 i think. post here if you're on so i know .

Ayumi

Join the community "Bounty Runz" and post exactly what you're looking forward. Might take a lil time to find someone, but you will eventually.

As for me, I'm sitting at I think 254 Paragon. I'm running T4 Keywardens right now tho so I'm not making much progress. Trying to stockpile those keys. :B

I'm already there.. can't seem to find what I want, no matter how much I try.

i would do some of those with you. i am pretty sure my wd can solo them so we could probably do the hell lrift one easily. balddemon#1627 i think. post here if you're on so i know .

Awesome! I'll sign on right now and add you.

GoodlifeX

Cost me 30m+ gold, but I finally got CDR on mine. Now it just sits in a neutered state until 2.1 drops and I can throw a socket on it.

Lawd have mercy...

Also can someone explain this part of the upcoming patch? If there is specific loot I can only get with a seasonal character, would it be in my best interest to make a seasonal character for a class I am already playing as to get different weapons for my main?

Celegus

Lawd have mercy...

Also can someone explain this part of the upcoming patch? If there is specific loot I can only get with a seasonal character, would it be in my best interest to make a seasonal character for a class I am already playing as to get different weapons for my main?

That's my plan. Unless of course the Crusader legendaries are all garbage, then I guess I'll pick someone else.

GoodlifeX

Hmm kind of wish I could make my current character seasonal. Or at least chose if you want to participate in a season for regular characters dach time a new season rolls around. Oh well. I guess I will see how good the legendary items are for the crusader.

ZenaxPure

Hmm kind of wish I could make my current character seasonal. Or at least chose if you want to participate in a season for regular characters dach time a new season rolls around. Oh well. I guess I will see how good the legendary items are for the crusader.

lol, well the point of the season is that everyone starts fresh. Since a big aspect of it is competitive the only way to do that is by putting everyone back to 0.

I really only want a Serpent Sparker. Everything else is just icing. The healing changes are enough, and you know, Lightning's improvment actually makes it decent.

It's not MM w/Firebird, but nothing else is anyway. The Firebird Gloves giving fire damage would be nice.

Celegus

I really only want a Serpent Sparker. Everything else is just icing. The healing changes are enough, and you know, Lightning's improvment actually makes it decent.

It's not MM w/Firebird, but nothing else is anyway. The Firebird Gloves giving fire damage would be nice.

How does the Firebird set stack up on the PTR now? Worth using? Still best with Mirrorball instead of the the Firebird source?

Meteors being buffed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13594759953#7
While we don't have plans to innately reduce the Arcane Power of Meteor in the next build, we do have some significant Meteor changes coming in the next PTR patch that should make the Arcane Power you're spending feel much more valuable.

In addition to damage increases for the baseline Meteor skill, we're making some changes to a few of the elemental runes that weren't fully embodying their fantasy. The goal is to make each flavor of Meteor different and more indicative of its element while keeping each competitive in its own way. These changes should also make the Tal Rasha’s Set bonus more appealing.

Comet has been slightly modified, dealing a great deal of Cold damage on impact and freezing Chilled enemies for 1 second. You'll still enjoy its icy mist after effect that deals additional weapon damage as cold over time and chills enemies.

Star Pact has also been redesigned, and is now a little reminiscent of the Barbarian's Ancient Spear (Boulder Toss) rune. You'll be able to expend all remaining Arcane Power for a massive amount of Arcane damage, with each point of additional Arcane Power spent granting a 20% damage increase. (I'm personally looking forward to exploding things with this!)

Lastly, Lightning Bind has been replaced with a new rune, Thunder Crash. This new rune removes the delay on Meteor, to better embody the quick nature of Lightning based spells and abilities.

We're also updating The Grand Vizier with a new Legendary power oriented around Meteor, which will now reduce the Arcane Power cost of Meteor by 45-60%. This aligns with our goals of making 2-handed weapons feel more powerful and desirable, and we'd like to hear your thoughts once you get a chance to give these new options a go!

Seems ok for anyone who doesn't have 6pc firebirds set bonus. The delay just makes the ability shitty so maybe Lightning could get a use.

ZenaxPure

Has anyone pointed out to them that there is already a staff with a meteor effect that is really interesting (but bad because meteor isn't great and also 2h) that they could put that effect on instead.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Just completed my first rift. What happens when you complete all the rifts of each act? Does it reset? Isn't adventure mode suppose to be infinite?

ZenaxPure

Just completed my first rift. What happens when you complete all the rifts of each act? Does it reset? Isn't adventure mode suppose to be infinite?

Doesn't work that way. When you turn in the quest the rift closes and you can open another. The portal is exactly the same in every town (meaning if you open one in Act 1 you can enter it from any other act).

Insaniac

Rifts are randomly generated, so it doesn't matter which act you play a Rift on. Once you finish a rift, talk to Orek to receive your EXP/Gold and it will close the rift. Then you can keep going and open a new one and repeat the process.

In a rift I believe the legendary drop rate is twice as much as opposed to not being in a rift

Sarcasm

Dinner and such is over..hour til midnight but

iixq3fmOvFUwV.PNG

=D

Ayumi

Hey guys!

Ayu here, with another stupid question.

How does lvl60 T6 compare to lvl70 T6? If you had to put it as a lvl70 difficulty.. would it be more like a T4 or T1, etc?

I haven't played this way in forever, and I recently joined the Power Level community and want to help them out sometimes.

Shifty76

Monks fixed yet? I've abandoned the game a couple of months ago since they pretty much ignored them.

Nope. I've played monk non-stop since release and can honestly say that monks are currently weaker than they have ever been before (based off current PTR changes which are as follows):

EP nerfed to a % of weapon dmg
OWE removed and replaced with a way shittier version (30% of any secondary resist)
Dodge from dex removed
Dex now = armour 1:1 ratio.
StI now an offensive passive that gives ias if enemies > 75% hp
All +armour runes/skills removed, so other than shitty harmony (OWE replacement) we don't have any defensive passives other than useless dodge ones
That passive that gives -dmg taken if cc'd removed
Base spirit increased to 250. Passive spirit regen skills buffed
TR channeling cost tripled with a small dmg increase. New flurry rune on TR can do decent dmg
Empowered Wave buffed to the same dmg as other bell runes (960%?) and changed to holy dmg
Some generators now generate more spirit
2-hander dmg buffed, making Sunwuko set usable (finally)
Fling Side Kick rune on DS (the stun one) removed (why???) and replaced with an ias one

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head

Dahbomb

Monks are currently weaker than they have ever been because they had their Exploding Palm gimmick removed as well as their OWE/STI passives nerfed or removed in exchange for Dex being a better stat.

They did get a lot of solid buffs all around but it basically just highlights the fact that Monks were a poorly designed class that centered around EP to be competitive.

I agree that the changes highlighted problems with monk that EP hid. So I'm cautiously optimistic they'll continue to tweek.

Monk is still one of my favorite classes, but he'll be taking a back seat to both my DH and WD whom both are T6 capable come the patch. Which is a shame really.

Pickman

Hey guys!

Ayu here, with another stupid question.

How does lvl60 T6 compare to lvl70 T6? If you had to put it as a lvl70 difficulty.. would it be more like a T4 or T1, etc?

I haven't played this way in forever, and I recently joined the Power Level community and want to help them out sometimes.

At the time I was T3 capable, I was running my friend through T6 powerleveling. I'd say it started to get difficult around lvl 62 or 63, and damn near impossible at 65.

Look forward to next ptr update Monks! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13423172406?page=32#637

This next PTR patch is going to have a BUNCH of Monk changes headed your way. There's a lot to talk about here, so bear with me. This is gonna be a long one.

While we touched on Spirit Regeneration a little bit in the last patch, that was the tip of the iceberg. We're going over all the Monk Spirit Generators and making some significant changes.

Monks are quick strikers, and we wanted to increase the Spirit generation and damage of each Primary skill without just upping the numbers. We're addressing this by increasing the Attack Speed scalar of most Monk generators. This means that each will operate more quickly and scale better with Attack Speed. This is a change you won't see reflected in the tooltip or PTR data mining, but should experience in practice, especially if you already have a substantial amount of Attack Speed. This change addresses both concerns while further embracing that Monk fantasy of being fast and nimble.

We're also addressing some of the remaining Dodge mechanics that Monks have left in their kit. We're leaving a few options for players who really want to embrace the Dodge mechanic and focus on it, but others we're retooling to provide more consistent and reliable benefits. Mantra of Evasion is being replaced with Mantra of Salvation, and the base skill will now provide you and your allies within 60 yards a 20% bonus to All Resistance. We've moved the Dodge bonus to a new rune, Agility, and you'll find some other useful utility among the other new runes.

There are plenty of other changes coming as well, but I don't want to get too patch-notey here. Expect some quality of life and DPS boosts to spenders like Lashing Tail Kick and Wave of Light to make them more competitive and offer you additional options. The new Alabaster Gloves have been removed and replaced with a new Monk Seasonal Legendary Fist Weapon that increases the maximum stack count of Sweeping Winds by 5-7. Overall, there will be new toys to play with, and we're looking forward to seeing your feedback on these changes as we move into our next PTR patch.

Dahbomb

Mantra of Salvation is going to be replacing Time of Need rune which almost everyone uses for Mantra of Healing.

Really glad that they replaced the Albaster Gloves as they were completely shit.

The attack speed buff was a long time coming as well.

I think the next thing they need to address is that Monks really only have 3 Spirit spenders (4 if you want to count Exploding Palm). I was playing a fresh Wizard the other day and it was crazy how many Arcane spenders they have (seemed like they had over to 10). Monks REALLY need a new move or some other old move be completely reworked into being a Spirit Spender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom