• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

A question about adding steam overlay.

I noticed that when I add the diablo3.exe with -launch the game starts and overlay works..but the battle.net launcher doesn't say I am playing...anyways to make it say on both I am playing?

ZenaxPure

I think the next thing they need to address is that Monks really only have 3 Spirit spenders (4 if you want to count Exploding Palm). I was playing a fresh Wizard the other day and it was crazy how many Arcane spenders they have (seemed like they had over to 10). Monks REALLY need a new move or some other old move be completely reworked into being a Spirit Spender.

It's always bugged me as well how few attacks monks actually have to pick from. Then again even if monks had more they'd probably just be in the same spot as all the other classes where they still sucked for endgame.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Achieved level 70 tonight! Looty Loot!!!

EDIT: I still only play on normal, whenever I play on Hard, I die too often, my gear seems to suck.

Dahbomb

DPS boost to lashing tail kick?! Yes please.
I would prefer that all runes of LTK be the Sweeping Armada (all around hit box) with even more extended range. Sweeping Armada could have an additional perk.

DPS boost to LTK wouldn't really do much to be honest. There are already ways to basically spam LTK non stop with the addition of GNK Spirit Stone but the damage isn't competitive with other classes. When you have Crusaders spamming triple Fires of Heaven non stop it makes spamming LTK look like a joke.

The way that I would improve LTK is to have it scale better with attack speed and of course increase the hit box all around. If you could have ridiculous attack speed and make it so that you can do like three to four LTKs in one second that would greatly increase Monk DPS.

The next thing I would do is make Cyclone Strike a legitimate damage Spirit Spender. Less damage than LTK still but enough damage where you can make a build around it and do decent damage. Have a new Legendary that increases its damage/potency in some way. My idea was that there would be a Legendary that multiplies the damage of Cyclone Strike by the stacks of Sweeping Wind you have on up (for synergy). Right now Cyclone Strike is just a utility skill to set up Exploding Palm only Exploding Palm got nerfed so now it's just a crowd control skill. Monks need more damage spenders than utility spenders IMO.

Ayumi

At the time I was T3 capable, I was running my friend through T6 powerleveling. I'd say it started to get difficult around lvl 62 or 63, and damn near impossible at 65.

Thanks for the answer! I'll try to experiment as fast as I can (don't wanna waste anyone's time when powerleveling them).

Stevey

A question about adding steam overlay.

I noticed that when I add the diablo3.exe with -launch the game starts and overlay works..but the battle.net launcher doesn't say I am playing...anyways to make it say on both I am playing?

You need to add the Battle.net launcher .exe to Steam.

Then launch that through Steam, call it Diablo 3, and when you launch Diablo 3 via the Battle.net launcher via Steam, the Steam overlay will work.

By doing it this way the overlay will pop-up no matter what game you launch from the Battle.net app- (SC2, Hearthstone etc.)

Shifty76

Good news on those monk buffs. Sounds like they're pretty much reverting the changes they made between 1.08 and 2.0, which is nice.

Still want to see some force multiplier type legendaries, such as every other class has, but we'll wait and see.

Did manage to finally clear tier 30 in GRifts last night thanks to finally getting a map with good enemy density. Had that really rough rift boss too - the one who hops around when he gets low on health and can easily 1-shot you. Funny thing was, when I got done I looked and saw that I still had my cold immunity amulet equipped from fighting Rime the GRift earlier. Only 44% less dmg than my normal amulet!

Shifty76

I wonder if some bracers with the affix "The Spirit cost of Tempest Rush is refunded" would be about on par or too good.

That'd kill my TR build as I use the TR cost to spam sunwuko clones :)

I was thinking more along the lines of "every time you drop a bell you drop 3 bells" type thing (similar to FotF for sader)

Madstone goes some way towards being a multiplier, but we still need the dps to get those EP's to trigger

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
That'd kill my TR build as I use the TR cost to spam sunwuko clones :)

Nope, that's why I specifically said "refunded" instead of "removed". Spirit goes out, clones go out, spirit comes in - leaving you free to crank up your attack speed to maximize clone production.

Dahbomb

Honestly the whole "skill gets multiplied 3" Legendary affixes are very boring to me. It's a very lazy way to make a skill super good.

MrDaravon

In 2.1 they are going to make the Perfect as Tears and Like Stars in the Sky achievements into Feats of Strength. I know that should make some folks happy since that one is nightmarish if you didn't already have it when RoS hit and the AH went down.

Also coming back to the game a bit, I think I might mess around with a Wizard for a bit. I have a so-so Shard of Hate but just about nothing else for her, guessing I should pretty much just run whatever until I can get fire gear and/or a Mirrorball for a fire build? Just half keeping up with patch notes it seems like almost all of the good Wiz builds are fire and Blizzard just kept reinforcing that.

eek5

7 stacks of SW and reverting (and buffing?) attack speed on generators sounds great. The person responsible for reducing the atk speed on FoT needs to be kicked in the balls.

Nope, that's why I specifically said "refunded" instead of "removed". Spirit goes out, clones go out, spirit comes in - leaving you free to crank up your attack speed to maximize clone production.

Spirit goes out, more comes in. You can't explain that!

Dahbomb

I think with the Gems there might be a possibility of going back to the old school Fist of Thunder plus SW Cyclone build. Gems that increase the damage of your primary skill combined with a bunch of attack speed gems can make you an attacking monster. The last hit of FoT actually does quite a bit of damage for a Generator. If you can get to that last hit faster then you can dish out a lot of damage especially with items like Depth Diggers.

Ayumi

Gotten a lot of the Firebird set items lately. I put them on just to see what it looked like and it was so cool!

And of course there still has to be a bug.. it won't appear in the transmog list. :(
Wanted my Wizard to look cool as heck.

I know the bug where you can't change set items back to the original, but this one just doesn't show up at all (the source, shoulders and gloves). It sucks.

Beepos

I assume loot changes made in 2.1 will not be retroactive in anyway like previous patches. I really want to play, but knowing new affixes to legendaries are coming diminishes my interest.

This will be a massive patch no doubt and make many changes to the game/skills but it has felt like forever and I just want to play! Is there any idea of when it hits so I can make my wizard happy searching for loot?

Xanathus

I assume loot changes made in 2.1 will not be retroactive in anyway like previous patches. I really want to play, but knowing new affixes to legendaries are coming diminishes my interest.

This will be a massive patch no doubt and make many changes to the game/skills but it has felt like forever and I just want to play! Is there any idea of when it hits so I can make my wizard happy searching for loot?

With all the bugs and balancing issues that are being reported in PTR I wouldn't expect it until September at earliest.

ZenaxPure

Firebird changes should still be retroactive, but that's about it.

Dahbomb

The rule of thumb is that Set bonus changes are retroactive but big changes/adding of Legendary affixes on regular Legendaries are not retroactive.

Basic stat changes are also retroactive (2H weapon buff, LoH/LPS stat increases).

Pacman2k

Kadala finally delivers Jade shoulders after about 10k shards - I'm 3/5 now.

Still need to find an INT/CDR royal ring.... the hunt continues. A1 normal is so boring... ugh.

Sarcasm

I think the guilds are dead..neither have contacted me ingame.

So I beat the last act on my lvl 55 crusador, what should I do for EXP to grind up to 70?

Also..what is this BS about a cheevo with crusador Carrying the name (female)?

I really have to level a male one to get the male one? What a stupid way to prolong playtimes.

ZenaxPure

There is only one active clan right now and it's full last I check (until/if Raticus cleans it up a bit again). Also this is ignoring we get a ridiculous amount of requests to the clan and I didn't see you post your battletag (unless I missed it) so you would just be a random name in that pile. Raticus remade the community which is open to everyone who isn't in the clan, but it probably won't have much activity until the patch (assuming a lot of people come back to play the patch).

V_Arnold

So.... Path of Exile's mini expansion comes at 08.20.

Let us see if Blizzard is cocky enough to release a hasted up 2.1 just at the same day.
(I would guess not, as 08.19 is the console Ultimate release date, and they would not release the patch that make the new version irrelevant the day after :D)

Celegus

So I beat the last act on my lvl 55 crusador, what should I do for EXP to grind up to 70?

Also..what is this BS about a cheevo with crusador Carrying the name (female)?

I really have to level a male one to get the male one? What a stupid way to prolong playtimes.

Well there are also achievements for getting two of every class to max level, so it's not much different. There's some that are even worse, like killing 10,000 Highland Walkers. I'm up to about... 400.

Bounties are the way to go if you're just looking to level up to 70 (or power leveling if that's your thing).

MrDaravon

So.... Path of Exile's mini expansion comes at 08.20.

Let us see if Blizzard is cocky enough to release a hasted up 2.1 just at the same day.
(I would guess not, as 08.19 is the console Ultimate release date, and they would not release the patch that make the new version irrelevant the day after :D)

I don't think the cross-section of people playing the console version and the PC version is huge; I think most people playing the console version either don't play the PC one at all, or pick it up as an addition to play with other friends or for couch co-op. Also to be quite frank I don't think they give a fuck about competing with Path of Exile at this point lol.

Well there are also achievements for getting two of every class to max level, so it's not much different. There's some that are even worse, like killing 10,000 Highland Walkers. I'm up to about... 400.

Bounties are the way to go if you're just looking to level up to 70 (or power leveling if that's your thing).

IIRC in 2.1 they're reducing the Highland Walker kills required from 25,000 down to I think 1,000. I think they're also greatly reducing the highest ranks of how many bounties/rifts you have to complete for the highest levels of those challenges.

Sarcasm

How do I do bounties? I been doing adventure mode. Not too shabby.

Celegus

How do I do bounties? I been doing adventure mode. Not too shabby.

All those exclamation points on the map in adventure mode are the bounties. Clear all 5 in an act and you get a special prize box too. It's also the only way to gather rift fragments to do rifts (but you'll probably want to wait until 70 for those).

IIRC in 2.1 they're reducing the Highland Walker kills required from 25,000 down to I think 1,000. I think they're also greatly reducing the highest ranks of how many bounties/rifts you have to complete for the highest levels of those challenges.

Nice! That sounds a lot better. Some of them were just ridiculous.

Ayumi

Why the heck does the game want me to sign in and use my auth code every time I launch the game now?

It used to be so easy, just click Play from the Blizzard client. Whenever I do that now, I'm taken back to the old login screen and have to generate an authentication code. :<

Duress

Why the heck does the game want me to sign in and use my auth code every time I launch the game now?

It used to be so easy, just click Play from the Blizzard client. Whenever I do that now, I'm taken back to the old login screen and have to generate an authentication code. :<

Maybe, get in game and log out to the log in screen, log in, and exit out :/

Sarcasm

Are you launching it from battle.net thing or steam or directly from EXE?

Steam/directly exe always requires it while the launcher doesn't. Also go to battle.net and check your settings..see if its enabled for every log in.

Jarrod38

I'm sure this is mainly for the PC version but does anyone have the Xbox 360 version and want to help me out? Picked it up Tuesday so I could have a good character when the Xbox One version comes out in a few weeks.

ZenaxPure

I'm sure this is mainly for the PC version but does anyone have the Xbox 360 version and want to help me out? Picked it up Tuesday so I could have a good character when the Xbox One version comes out in a few weeks.

Just so you know there is a console thread for the game that is way less dead then I was expecting when I decided to search for it. Console related questions pretty much always get ignored in this thread, cause yeah, this is for the pc version and I don't think very many people who play the PC version double dipped.

Honestly only reason I'm bothering to respond is because at this point I just feel kinda sad every time someone comes in with a console question and gets ignored.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
There is only one active clan right now and it's full last I check (until/if Raticus cleans it up a bit again). Also this is ignoring we get a ridiculous amount of requests to the clan and I didn't see you post your battletag (unless I missed it) so you would just be a random name in that pile. Raticus remade the community which is open to everyone who isn't in the clan, but it probably won't have much activity until the patch (assuming a lot of people come back to play the patch).

Yeah, I just haven't been on. Work is too busy. Won't be doing another purge until a week after 2.1, whenever that is.

Does the game let you apply to join more than one clan at a time? That would explain the volume of requests where people didn't recognize the name NeoGAF when I asked them. Maybe people are just trying to join however many clans the game will let them apply to, shotgun style, and joining whoever accepts them first. I went through nearly 100 join requests last week and none of them showed up in a search here.

Wish there was a way I could remove the clan from the public list but let people still get to it by searching by name.

ZenaxPure

Wish there was a way I could remove the clan from the public list but let people still get to it by searching by name.

I honestly feel like there is so few people asking for an invite in this thread compared to the number we get in-game that we could just deny every in-game request any time we logged on and if we hit someone who did happen to ask they can just ask again. I mean the entire month of July there was only like 5 requests total in this thread I believe.

Mostly say that because I assume looking through every name is fairly annoying/time consuming for you given how many requests in-game there are compared to this thread.

MrDaravon

FUCKING FINALLY

kp5gDyv.jpg

Been working on this one off and on for almost 2 years. feelsgoodman.jpg

Ayumi

Are you launching it from battle.net thing or steam or directly from EXE?

Steam/directly exe always requires it while the launcher doesn't. Also go to battle.net and check your settings..see if its enabled for every log in.

No, I always use the Battle client. The settings should not have changed by themselves suddenly either. I'll check if nothing else fixes it (auth code far away atm).

Maybe, get in game and log out to the log in screen, log in, and exit out :/

Alright, I will give this a try the next time I sign on!

FUCKING FINALLY

http://i.imgur.com/kp5gDyv.jpg

Congratulations! Wonder how far away I am.. never checked, haha.

Sarcasm

FUCKING FINALLY

kp5gDyv.jpg

Nice, and thanks for answering my questions in game =D

No, I always use the Battle client. The settings should not have changed by themselves suddenly either. I'll check if nothing else fixes it (auth code far away atm).

Maybe they have been monitoring and just trying to protect your precious account. *(okay this sounds like I am being an ass but I am not..these accounts are precious)

MrDaravon

Thanks! My good luck kept going; we actually had enough GAFers on tonight to get a full T6 game going (we had upwards of 4 members on at once!), and I got my first Taskers...from a rock. Then I rolled the 50% CHD on my first goddamn try, swear to god.

LVoevHA.jpg

I'll have to do some extra Hail RNGesus' tonight or something.

Ayumi

So I tried your suggestions (sign in/out, check Battle.net settings) but Diablo III still wants me to enter my password and the authentication code every time I launch the game from the Blizzard client..

I'm not sure why it suddenly does that. Here's the thing,

My account was bought in EU. I played on US servers from Asia. Not that it should matter, but maybe? It was never an issue before, though.

But recently (the past few days) I've had a lot of weird connection issues in-game. My internet speed/connection is fine but the game itself has a high latency (this isn't usually a big problem) lately and it takes ages to enter parties after receiving the invite.

[Edit to come - gonna restart computer with some different internet settings.]

Sarcasm

So I tried your suggestions (sign in/out, check Battle.net settings) but Diablo III still wants me to enter my password and the authentication code every time I launch the game from the Blizzard client..

I'm not sure why it suddenly does that. Here's the thing,

My account was bought in EU. I played on US servers from Asia. Not that it should matter, but maybe? It was never an issue before, though.

But recently (the past few days) I've had a lot of weird connection issues in-game. My internet speed/connection is fine but the game itself has a high latency (this isn't usually a big problem) lately and it takes ages to enter parties after receiving the invite.

[Edit to come - gonna restart computer with some different internet settings.]

NA account here..playing in Asia. Maybe the setting on the website got changed to ask everytime.

MrDaravon

Oh for fuck's sake how did I not know that sentry damage on the Maras build is based off the damage range on your weapon, not the DPS. I've been running around with a 2743 Kridershot not realizing this. Fuuuuuuuuuuu

As soon as I found out I rolled some Arcane Barbs, got this one on my third try, near max damage roll:

9DuIuYE.jpg

On the flipside it came with that +9% damage, and I spent 15 mil trying to get +10% and nada :(. Noticed an immediate improvement though. Goddamn I'm salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom