• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ZVZz0w3Y81

I recorded this for the accent thread and figured you guys would get a kick out of it.

This is pretty great, haha.

--

So I've been hiding in T1 for a looong time (p172 now - been gearing up instead of leveling). I knew I could do T3 at least, but I wasn't comfortable. Got some great guidance and help by EscapingJail a while back that I've been working on.

Finally got my CDR to almost 49%. And wow, it changes everything. I can pretty much melee elites in T5 (solo and groups), and MIGHT be able to do T6 in a party. I still lack enough res and various protection (ranged/elite %) to do it on my own though, since I depend a lot on other users to take care of the ranged mobs around me.
My build also requires constant clicking (WoH + Exploding Blast) now and I'm still not fast enough to keep up with the CDR properly, haha.

This is pretty great, haha.

--

So I've been hiding in T1 for a looong time (p172 now - been gearing up instead of leveling). I knew I could do T3 at least, but I wasn't comfortable. Got some great guidance and help by EscapingJail a while back that I've been working on.

Finally got my CDR to almost 49%. And wow, it changes everything. I can pretty much melee elites in T5 (solo and groups), and MIGHT be able to do T6 in a party. I still lack enough res and various protection (ranged/elite %) to do it on my own though, since I depend a lot on other users to take care of the ranged mobs around me.
My build also requires constant clicking (WoH + Exploding Blast) now and I'm still not fast enough to keep up with the CDR properly, haha.

What's your build like? What gears are you wearing? Mind showing us your profile? Just put EB to 1 and spam it.
There are some issues there, but let's ignore that for now

Booga#6818 is mine. The first wiz should be my WoWizard build. I use force move key instead of left clicking to move, cause meteor is on my left click.

Skorrge

Neo Member
Hey all,

I am looking to buy a new gaming headset. I want a better quality one that works with both PC and PS4. I found the Turtle Beach PX22. While it seems pretty good, before I jump into, I thought I would ask you guys if any of you have it or tried it.

Recommendations for any other mic would be nice as well.

I'm not looking to spend top dollar. Trying to stay in the $50-$120 range.

Thanks for the help!

Ayumi

What's your build like? What gears are you wearing? Mind showing us your profile? Just put EB to 1 and spam it.
There are some issues there, but let's ignore that for now

Booga#6818 is mine. The first wiz should be my WoWizard build. I use force move key instead of left clicking to move, cause meteor is on my left click.

EB is already currently on 1, and I'm getting the hang of spamming it as much as I can, so it's not really an issue. I only need about 3% more CDR until I'm satisfied.

I'll show you my profile, but keep in mind that some of them are placeholders until I get what I really want from Kadala. I also haven't fully re-rolled what I want yet.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ayumi-2458/hero/2188011

I have a list of what I'm going to replace/gamble for and what I need to roll for.

Originally, I was going to craft Aughild's chest for this build.. but then a decent Vyr dropped. So that's the only thing I'm kinda unsure of at the moment. Should I keep the Vyr (for INT/bonus INT, reduced melee from attacks taken. The Vyr gloves also dropped before I got Magefist, so I rerolled them for CDR. Or should I just craft Aughild's and hope it gives me something decent?

Probably won't replace them until I have both Aughild AND Magefist though. Not really sure.. Currently spending all my shards trying to get a new Mirrorball before anything else, though I'm starting to think I should gamble for something else first just to get my fire dmg % up. It's funny. If I get Magefist, I feel like I have to replace the Vyr chest too.

Gambling for:
Magefirst
String of Ears
Strongarm Bracers

What I need ASAP is more fire dmg% on my skills. Other than that I think I can take it slowly. Would love a RORG and a new amulet too, but those will have to wait. Though I try to stick with A1 bounties when I want XP because of RORG.

This whole post made me rethink stuff. Should I gamble for a Magefist so I can just craft an Aughild's chest right after?

Gamble for Magefist → Craft Aughild chest → Gamble for Strongarm Bracers → Re-roll the shit I need
(I'm keeping my boots, pants, helmet and shoulders. Once I get the other items I need and certain % and stats up, I can craft better ones.)

New rings and a new amulet is my last priority right now.

Shifty76

Hey all,

I am looking to buy a new gaming headset. I want a better quality one that works with both PC and PS4. I found the Turtle Beach PX22. While it seems pretty good, before I jump into, I thought I would ask you guys if any of you have it or tried it.

Thanks for the help!

No idea if it works on PS4 (would assume so since it's USB) but I really like my logitech G35. It is fairly heavy, but I've played 3-4 hr sessions without it bothering me.

Think I paid $80 or so for it.

Cetra

Hey all,

Thanks for the help!

I'd go with good over-the-ear set of Sennheiser headphones, and a Zalman clip on mic. I've been rocking this combo for years and it's been great. Mic sounds good, and so do the headphones. No compromises.

Bah, didn't register the PS4 requirement. For that, I really don't know much. Though I've heard good things about the official Sony headset.

Sarcasm

Man having PP as an only option sucks monkey balls.

I have to wait three days (really more since I think they don't do weekends or something..says I get the money by the 29th)...

so more waiting....

Jedi2016

How much tougher, damage-wise, is T1 from Master? I ran some Master bounties tonight, and while my survivability is fine (needle barely twitches in most fights), it takes forEVER to kill things. I tanked-and-spanked Belial, but the fight lasted almost ten damn minutes (seemed like ten minutes anyway, had to be at least five). Needz more damage before I go up any higher. Please tell me gear gets better when you crank up the difficulty, even shy of Torment....

ZenaxPure

How much tougher, damage-wise, is T1 from Master? I ran some Master bounties tonight, and while my survivability is fine (needle barely twitches in most fights), it takes forEVER to kill things. I tanked-and-spanked Belial, but the fight lasted almost ten damn minutes (seemed like ten minutes anyway, had to be at least five). Needz more damage before I go up any higher. Please tell me gear gets better when you crank up the difficulty, even shy of Torment....

If it's taking you a while to kill things on master, I wouldn't bother with torment yet. Honestly though, crafted legendaries can get you up to around T3ish no problem, regardless of class. Take a look at what you have and try to craft stuff. The Aughild set especially is always good, a lot of builds use it even on T6.

If you're having trouble at that point then you need to take a look at your build and change things up. Early torment is really easy to get into.

So this might be a dumb question but I've never really played any Diablo online before or gotten to the level cap. I just got my Crusader to 70 and now I guess I'm grinding to get better gear but I'm a little overwhelmed by the some of the terminology and discussion going on in here. Is there like a guide on how and what I should be doing now?

Dahbomb

So this might be a dumb question but I've never really played any Diablo online before or gotten to the level cap. I just got my Crusader to 70 and now I guess I'm grinding to get better gear but I'm a little overwhelmed by the some of the terminology and discussion going on in here. Is there like a guide on how and what I should be doing now?
What terminology confuses you?

I would start by just learning what all the various item affixes do and which items can roll what affixes.

Generally speaking you want to have high All Resistances on gear, decent Vitality/Armor, Main stat (Strength in your case) to increase your defense. You also want Crit chance and Crit damage on all pieces of gear that can have it (so rings, gloves, amulets roll both... Helm and Bracers roll crit chance) with high weapon DPS that has a socket in which you put out a maxed out Emerald gem (for extra Critical hit damage). Attack speed is dependent on builds, you usually want to have Cooldown reduction instead of it (especially for you because you use Crusader so you definitely want Cooldown on gear). Every equipment that can have sockets should have sockets (this includes Helms, Chests (3), Pants (2) and weapons). For Rings/Amulets in this version sockets aren't as useful but in 2.1 sockets in Jewelry are going to be very much desired so hold on to those). Some items also have bonuses to various skills so look out for items like Helms/Boots for Fist of Heaven affixes and Chest/Shoulders for Heaven's Fury affixes (as those two are the main skills in the two most powerful Crusader builds).

In general it's really difficult to mess up in this game build wise. You can allocate Paragon points where ever you want whenever you want, you can freely choose among active and passive skills. Items are the main thing and it's not that hard to tell good ones from bad ones. Just don't look into Sheet DPS and Toughness that much, they aren't completely accurate. Rule of thumb is that you want to have as much Armor/All Res as possible as opposed to having health.

You also want to be farming the difficulty where you can easily kill packs even if it's below Master or what not. Even Normal is fine if you are under geared. Collect Fragments via Bounties and do Rifts. Use shards acquired from Rifts to gamble for slots that you are weak in until you get all Legendaries in all slot after which you start gambling for very specific items (in your case you would want the Akhan full set).

What terminology confuses you?

I would start by just learning what all the various item affixes do and which items can roll what affixes.

Generally speaking you want to have high All Resistances on gear, decent Vitality/Armor, Main stat (Strength in your case) to increase your defense. You also want Crit chance and Crit damage on all pieces of gear that can have it (so rings, gloves, amulets roll both... Helm and Bracers roll crit chance) with high weapon DPS that has a socket in which you put out a maxed out Emerald gem (for extra Critical hit damage). Attack speed is dependent on builds, you usually want to have Cooldown reduction instead of it (especially for you because you use Crusader so you definitely want Cooldown on gear). Every equipment that can have sockets should have sockets (this includes Helms, Chests (3), Pants (2) and weapons). For Rings/Amulets in this version sockets aren't as useful but in 2.1 sockets in Jewelry are going to be very much desired so hold on to those). Some items also have bonuses to various skills so look out for items like Helms/Boots for Fist of Heaven affixes and Chest/Shoulders for Heaven's Fury affixes (as those two are the main skills in the two most powerful Crusader builds).

In general it's really difficult to mess up in this game build wise. You can allocate Paragon points where ever you want whenever you want, you can freely choose among active and passive skills. Items are the main thing and it's not that hard to tell good ones from bad ones. Just don't look into Sheet DPS and Toughness that much, they aren't completely accurate. Rule of thumb is that you want to have as much Armor/All Res as possible as opposed to having health.

You also want to be farming the difficulty where you can easily kill packs even if it's below Master or what not. Even Normal is fine if you are under geared. Collect Fragments via Bounties and do Rifts. Use shards acquired from Rifts to gamble for slots that you are weak in until you get all Legendaries in all slot after which you start gambling for very specific items (in your case you would want the Akhan full set).

I played entirely to 70 looking at the Damage, Healing, Toughness stats to determine gear but now I'm finding out I probably should actually start looking at stats and things so any discussion of that goes right over my head. I haven't touched crafting or socketed a single gem so I think now that I'm in the end game I should have dabbled in that earlier, because I'm just starting to look behind the green or red %.

I'll get started checking out that link. Thanks!

ferr

hmm, PTR changes make frostburn build viable for DH! i like it, something I've wanted to do with DH for a long time. just need frostburn and kridershot :(

Dyno

A filthy console peasant with a question:

I'm about to (hopefully) kill Diablo on Inferno. What happens after that? Is that where the Torment levels begin?

Just to add to the conversation: I played a monk and I really liked it but I felt weak for most of my playthroughs. Once I got my gear up to do 100K+ damage things really changed and then when my attack speed got to 1.75+/sec. it became easy on the Master levels. Diablo always curbstomps me though. Maybe this time will be different.

Ayumi

A filthy console peasant with a question:

I'm about to (hopefully) kill Diablo on Inferno. What happens after that? Is that where the Torment levels begin?

Just to add to the conversation: I played a monk and I really liked it but I felt weak for most of my playthroughs. Once I got my gear up to do 100K+ damage things really changed and then when my attack speed got to 1.75+/sec. it became easy on the Master levels. Diablo always curbstomps me though. Maybe this time will be different.

I'm not sure what Diablo without Reaper of Souls look like right now.. But as I remember, once you hit Inferno and have a character at 60, you have unlocked the Torment levels. Torment comes in 6 difficulties (basically the same as the old "Monster Power").

If you're planning on buying the expansion once it comes to console, I suggest you try to gear up your character as much as you can to handle higher levels of RoS. That way, it will be faster for you to level to the new cap 70, and you can start gearing up with a new build you will use for end-game (and Paragon Levels, Greater Rifts) and other things RoS will offer.

Once RoS comes, you will need A LOT more elemental resistance. The Torment levels are far more harder in RoS due to this (and other factors).
There are a lot of things you can find on Google to prepare you for the expansion. Not sure how much all of them are up-to-date anymore though.
Also, make sure you try to save up as much gold as you can. It requires a lot of it for crafting the top gems. If you have time, you can also try gearing up various classes.

It is easier to change around your character if bad updates comes, until they change it around again. Nerfs and buffs always come and go. Don't worry too much about what gear you have until you're level 70, as long as it keeps you alive and maybe in the middle-higher difficulties.

It's easy to feel weak and out of place if you don't have the proper gears and settings. If you just want to beat him, you can always ask someone to help you. That way you can just move on and start gearing up and get ready for leveling 70 faster!

Stevey

Hi, I'm new to Gaf, lurked for a while, just got my account activated today.

I'm pretty lost with my Crusader.

I've got no idea what to aim for gearwise and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers?
I can clear T2, but slower than I'd ideally like.

Oh, I use the Templar as my follower.

Mumei

Hi, I'm new to Gaf, lurked for a while, just got my account activated today.

I'm pretty lost with my Crusader.

I've got no idea what to aim for gearwise and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers?
I can clear T2, but slower than I'd ideally like.

Oh, I use the Templar as my follower.

I don't know much about Crusader recommendations, but I just wanted to express my seething jealousy for your Furnace.

I'm not even sure if it's a particularly good one; I'm still jealous.

Stevey

Ha, thanks.

It was obviously Fire Damage to start with but then I got other stuff that leaned me towards Holy Damage, so I re-rolled it.

But this is what I mean, I don't know which is better, fire or holy, I have no idea which are the "best" skills to use for either, I just seem to have completely lost my way with the game.

ZenaxPure

If you want some guidance on various builds and such the D3 crusader subreddit is pretty good. Over the sidebar you can see the most popular builds and get fairly detailed explanations on how good they are, how they work, and what items you need.

Holy Shotgun and Darklight Firestarter builds are the most popular and strongest right now, but there are some other fairly viable options (even if they are a bit slower than those two).

Dyno

I'm not sure what Diablo without Reaper of Souls look like right now.. But as I remember, once you hit Inferno and have a character at 60, you have unlocked the Torment levels. Torment comes in 6 difficulties (basically the same as the old "Monster Power")........

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

Dahbomb

pls help how do you play demon hunter
Use the "Hold position" button which is by default Shift. Then click the place you want to hit. You can use this to stop, shoot, run, stop shoot run etc (aka kiting). This is also useful for hitting people off screen without moving yourself.

Other than that Cluster Arrow, Smoke Screen/Vault, Wolf Companion, Hatred generator of choice are solid skills to try out.

Celegus

Ha, thanks.

It was obviously Fire Damage to start with but then I got other stuff that leaned me towards Holy Damage, so I re-rolled it.

But this is what I mean, I don't know which is better, fire or holy, I have no idea which are the "best" skills to use for either, I just seem to have completely lost my way with the game.

Sadly the element of weapon damage doesn't matter at all. All that really matters is the element of the skill you're using. ex. a fire skill using your "holy" furnace will still do fire damage. It definitely helps to pick an element and stack elemental damage as much as you can, usually on an amulet and stone of jordan at least.

Try to finish off the Akkhan set, that's really the bread and butter of any good crusader build. You're most of the way there at least!

Stevey

Sadly the element of weapon damage doesn't matter at all. All that really matters is the element of the skill you're using. ex. a fire skill using your "holy" furnace will still do fire damage. It definitely helps to pick an element and stack elemental damage as much as you can, usually on an amulet and stone of jordan at least.

Try to finish off the Akkhan set, that's really the bread and butter of any good crusader build. You're most of the way there at least!

Damn, wasted a roll on it really then.

Ayumi

Seriously, what happened to the Legendary drop rate?

It's like non-existent. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I used to get like 2-3 an hour, depending on what level I played on.

Been playing T4 (bounty) for days and barely have gotten anything, less than 1 leg per hour.

What the ffff Blizzard. :<

ZenaxPure

Been playing T4 (bounty) for days and barely have gotten anything, less than 1 leg per hour.

It's pretty much always going to be shitty when you are running bounties. Early in the expansion it was more efficient to do lame stuff like chest runs in Act 3 for loot so Blizzard doubled the drop rate of legendaries inside rifts to get people away from item farming outside of them.

As a side effect you barely ever get anything outside of rifts.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any word on when the patch will hit? I haven't played in a couple of months on live and I'm enjoying the break but I will be coming back for the patch.

Ayumi

It's pretty much always going to be shitty when you are running bounties. Early in the expansion it was more efficient to do lame stuff like chest runs in Act 3 for loot so Blizzard doubled the drop rate of legendaries inside rifts to get people away from item farming outside of them.

As a side effect you barely ever get anything outside of rifts.

Ahh.. that makes perfect sense! I did more rifts before. Been doing bounty for XP and keystones now. I better go farm some more keys and spend all my time in rifts.

Has there been any word on when the patch will hit? I haven't played in a couple of months on live and I'm enjoying the break but I will be coming back for the patch.

Not yet! Still waiting on an ETA.

Celegus

Dat rest bonus. I've played for like an hour this week, did 2 key runs last night and ended up with 6 legs in 20 minutes. I swear it's a real thing.

You need to be doing rifts if you want legendary drops really.

Stevey

Yeah I've noticed that recently Rifts seem to be the best bets for Legendarys.

Looking forward to 2.1, I've not made a PTR account so will be going in blind.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Just beat ROS for the first time with a Demon Hunter. Now time for adventure mode, I hope this is gonna be awesome cause I'm getting kinda tired of repeating campaign mode.

Strider

Just beat ROS for the first time with a Demon Hunter. Now time for adventure mode, I hope this is gonna be awesome cause I'm getting kinda tired of repeating campaign mode.

Adventure mode is the single best thing that ever happened to D3. You will like it I'm sure.

Ayumi

So I've just kinda stopped going directly for new loot and decided to prioritise leveling. I've been kinda avoiding it because Paragon is sooo dreadful. At least it's not as bad as when it was introduced to the game!

What do you guys usually do for leveling fast/fastest XP gain?

I've been doing T4 bounties. Trying to stay as high as I can for XP, but T3 goes wayyy faster. Rifts don't seem to bring XP as fast anyway, even if you don't count the completed missions in bounties.
My build isn't really set up for extra XP gain but I might see what I can do without messing everything up.

ZenaxPure

The absolute fastest way to gain XP right now is probably still through those very specific bounties they plan on nerfing in the patch (Hell Rift in Act 4, Forward barracks//Cryders outpost Act 3, Khazra Den Act 1, and Misers will Act 5). After that honestly just running rifts is pretty much on par with just doing bounties assuming you're clearing the rifts at a good pace.

Ayumi

The absolute fastest way to gain XP right now is probably still through those very specific bounties they plan on nerfing in the patch (Hell Rift in Act 4, Forward barracks//Cryders outpost Act 3, Khazra Den Act 1, and Misers will Act 5). After that honestly just running rifts is pretty much on par with just doing bounties assuming you're clearing the rifts at a good pace.

Ohhh, thanks for being specific! It's exactly what I need. I really wish I had someone fun to play with, not randoms for RIF and Bounty Runs. Had a lot of fun playing with EscapingJail but he's never really on anymore, at least not when I am. :<

It really sucks being in a different timezone than most of you.. but when Diablo 3 launched, pretty much no one in Asia bought the game so I joined the US server to play with my online friends. Maybe if I wake up earlier, haha.

Drewfonse

I'm sure that this has been answered a zillion times, but has blizzard 100% confirmed porting saves from ps3 to ps4 and 360 to xbox one?

THANKS

Jedi2016

I'm sure that this has been answered a zillion times, but has blizzard 100% confirmed porting saves from ps3 to ps4 and 360 to xbox one?

THANKS
Yes.

On a side note, I didn't realize that you could max out blood shards, I've always just ignored them. I guess there's no reason not to just spend them since you can only carry 500.

Ayumi

Yes.

On a side note, I didn't realize that you could max out blood shards, I've always just ignored them. I guess there's no reason not to just spend them since you can only carry 500.

Goddammit, thanks for letting me know. Glad I'm always eager to spend them though.. never really had to realize this, but it's good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom