• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

The 4 piece of the new DH set sucks ass. Who cares about damage mitigation when that set will give perma SS anyway.

M6 still da king.

Based on the wording I took it to mean that you would only get the damage boost for the current amount of disc you have, not the total, so to maximize damage you would always need to shoot when you are at max disc, if you are spamming smoke screen (even if it is refilling completely after a few multishots) it seems like you are leaving a lot of damage on the table. But /shrug I dunno.

Either way though, yeah, M6 is still going to be the best until they nerf it, it's just too good.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
You guys think the new SWK set will combo with Gungdo Gear?

Like if you set off an EP explosion in the midst of 10 targets will you get 10 procs of SWK? That might be kinda interesting.

What about Mad Stone? Damn that could be a beastly combo if it worked like that.

Nah, I expect it'll trigger from the player using the skill directly, not when it hits a target. Who knows though, it could work that way when PTR starts :p

The fact that 5x exploding palm:impending doom would hit for 30,000% damage has me worried that the SWK clone bonus will just add 500% weapon damage on the other skills, rather than being 5x, or it'll only affect the DoT of exploding palm and not the explosion. Well, this PTR will be interesting.

Strider

I need to find a VOD of the panel. I'm not sure Im a fan of those Monk changes :/ Think it's time I start working on a different class...

eek5

It'll be about as good or sligthly worse than everyone else's sets probably after they're done adjusting it but it'll be more fun to play. I'm OK with it only because running a macro is dumb as fuck. I hate it. It isn't fun or engaging at all.

Ayumi

Someone please tell me that all the effort I put into my 6P Firebird isn't going to waste because of new items..

Edit:
Just woke up, reading the updates. So far so good! Aw yiss the plume is getting boosted.

ZenaxPure

Someone please tell me that all the effort I put into my 6P Firebird isn't going to waste because of new items..

Well I mean ideally the set would be of a similar power level. The idea should be to add more builds that are about as strong as the other strongest builds, hence why the new demon hunter set may have a hard time competing with M6 in its current form.

Now whether that happens or not who knows of course, too early to tell. Who knows how many of these sets will be exactly the same by the time they come to the live game.

Ayumi

Hiya, DiabloGAF. Which class is the most fun these days?
A lot of people seem to play Crusader & Barb more and more these days. Can't really say what's ~fun~ since I guess people prefer their own class. DH is still the most effortless one to play, and very good for DPS. Barb has some sick crowd control and is great for tanking. It looks fun, but I'm a tank at heart (although I play Wiz now). At least there are more than 1 top class now so you can choose based on what class type you prefer.

The thought of replacing my WD's trifecta T&T or 2400dps SMK with ancient versions scares me. I've only seen 3 SMK and 5 T&T up to like paragon 560. Basically that .1% drop is even worst now since it can be either normal leg or ancient.

Welp, looking forward to PTR with the changes.

Negator

That ancient Wand of Woh is a slap in the face. I've gotten over 800 paragon levels and I haven't even seen a goddamn regular one.

Ayumi

That ancient Wand of Woh is a slap in the face. I've gotten over 800 paragon levels and I haven't even seen a goddamn regular one.

As good as the WoH is for damage, the required CDR is not really worth it for the potential wrist damage. I used a WoH for a long time until I got 6P Firebird's and a better weapon. So glad I changed it away. Stacking fire damage with weapons like SS is much better and effective anyway.

Raticus79

Hmph, looks like support crusaders are taking over and monks are dropping off the higher GR groups. DH/DH/WD/Barb has the top few spots. Guess I'll keep working on the WD then! They're the most constant.

Ayumi

So.. they pretty much just added a bunch of cool stuff to distract us from how shitty Season 2 looks?

Edit:
Okay, I'm going to ask this straight out for a straight out answer (if anyone actually understood the notes better than me):

Are all items getting a new version?
Will I have to wait for a new Furnace to drop?
Do I need to regear my Wizard by finding all the set items again?

How the h*ll am I supposed to find a second Furnace? They better buff the drop rates...

Bombless

So.. they pretty much just added a bunch of cool stuff to distract us from how shitty Season 2 looks?

Edit:
Okay, I'm going to ask this straight out for a straight out answer (if anyone actually understood the notes better than me):

Are all items getting a new version?
Will I have to wait for a new Furnace to drop?
Do I need to regear my Wizard by finding all the set items again?

How the h*ll am I supposed to find a second Furnace? They better buff the drop rates...

1. Yes.
2. The items will start to drop in Patch 2.12
3. Yup.

It's nice to have to hunt for gear all over again...but for the very same items? Fuck you Blizzard.

Belgorim

Its not like you have to throw away the items you have now?

You can just play and every set item you find there is a 1/10(?) chance of higher stats than normal. If you get an ancient version, you can replace your current one.

ZenaxPure

Its not like you have to throw away the items you have now?

You can just play and every set item you find there is a 1/10(?) chance of higher stats than normal. If you get an ancient version, you can replace your current one.

This AND I think the thing to keep in mind is outside of weapons the items probably won't make a noticeable change in your damage on their own. % based stats aren't effected, so really on say your gloves your normal gloves will be 750 main stat, 10% crit, 50% CHD, and 8% CDR (or whatever third offensive stat you pick). Ancient gloves will be 1000 main stat, 10% crit, 50% CHD, and 8% CDR.

Not that big of a deal until you gather multiple pieces of ancient gear, which will take who knows how long.

Ayumi

Sigh, Blizzard.. thanks for the answers! At least the set items don't bother me that much. But my ammy and the Furnace is really pissing me off. :(

I know this might be a very tough question to answer since this isn't even live yet, but do you think it would be better to invest in a Crusader than a DH or Barb right now?

ZenaxPure

Sigh, Blizzard.. thanks for the answers! At least the set items don't bother me that much. But my ammy and the Furnace is really pissing me off. :(

Well think of it this way, your Furnace isn't perfect so it could be improved already anyway, this just means the room for improvement is bigger.

Your ammy doesn't matter much though. 100% CHD, 10% Crit, 1 socket, these things would be the same even on a new one, only difference would be higher int which is just whatever, not that huge of a difference. Assuming they stick to the plan of % based stats not being effected most of us probably won't upgrade our current jewelry realistically.

Ayumi

Well think of it this way, your Furnace isn't perfect so it could be improved already anyway, this just means the room for improvement is bigger.

Your ammy doesn't matter much though. 100% CHD, 10% Crit, 1 socket, these things would be the same even on a new one, only difference would be higher int which is just whatever, not that huge of a difference. Assuming they stick to the plan of % based stats not being effected most of us probably won't upgrade our current jewelry realistically.

Thanks for the reassurance! This is exactly what I told JoeSmokey. Since my Furnace is kinda meh, I'm less mad about the buff. At least I don't have to throw away a great weapon for an upgrade.

ZenaxPure

The "fuck you Blizzard" was meant as a joke. It's just that these changes don't make me want to come back to the game at all.

Yeah, honestly I am fairly indifferent about the ancient stuff besides the weapon which seems like a sizable upgrade on its own. Realistically though, it's not like you are going to use a generic ancient 2h over your non-ancient Furnace. If you have one you will probably be sticking to it for a long ass time.

Whole thing just seems like a bandage to the fact that it only takes like 20 hours to get a full set of build defining items now from scratch instead of the 300 to 400 it took at the start of the expansion before they constantly buffed and buffed drop rates. It's incredibly easy to get to a point where 99.9% of drops are instant forgotten souls and the only thing you gamble for is ultra rare items like a Furnace or Witching Hour. Builds that don't even use those items get there even faster and have nothing to gamble for except better versions of what they have.

JSoup

Banned
I'm suddenly interested in earning the season transmog.
My character is currently level 22, think it's reasonable to assume I can hit 70 in a few days of online grinding?

Ayumi

I'm suddenly interested in earning the season transmog.
My character is currently level 22, think it's reasonable to assume I can hit 70 in a few days of online grinding?
Sure, search for Power Level communities if you don't have anyone to ask to help you out. Should be done in a few hours if anyone is around to help.

yamo

Do the Ring of Royal Grandeur drop from horadric cahces on all difficulty levels? I'm playing hardcore right now at expert difficulty and I don't really dare to increase the difficulty yet.

Also can I get all legendary rewards (torment specific ones) from Kadala regardless of difficulty level? Or should I create a torment level game just for spending my blood shards?

JSoup

Banned
Sure, search for Power Level communities if you don't have anyone to ask to help you out. Should be done in a few hours if anyone is around to help.

Cool beans, thanks.
One more question, I found some blacksmith patterns that are new to me on my seasonal character, ok to learn them or wait until roll over?

Ayumi

Cool beans, thanks.
One more question, I found some blacksmith patterns that are new to me on my seasonal character, ok to learn them or wait until roll over?

If it's something you feel you need right now, you might as well learn them instead of waiting.

Celegus

Do the Ring of Royal Grandeur drop from horadric cahces on all difficulty levels? I'm playing hardcore right now at expert difficulty and I don't really dare to increase the difficulty yet.

Also can I get all legendary rewards (torment specific ones) from Kadala regardless of difficulty level? Or should I create a torment level game just for spending my blood shards?

RoRG is any difficulty. The chance of getting a legendary out of a cache just increases based on the difficulty, 100% on T6. I believe Kadala works independently of the difficulty of the game you're in, but can't say for positive as it's not something I've ever tried.

Did they announce when the current season ends? I couldn't find it.

Q: When does Season 2 start?
A: While we don’t yet have a date to announce for Season 2, we will be notifying the community of the end of Season 1 no less than 30 days in advance. Season 2 should start shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for more information in the future!
Just saw this... ugh.

Ayumi

I believe Kadala works independently of the difficulty of the game you're in, but can't say for positive as it's not something I've ever tried.

There is no restriction on legendary gear that Kadala can give you (aside from the cache only legs). Other than that, she can give any item in the game. As for shards vs difficulty, it doesn't matter what difficulty you gamble on. Her drop rates are the same at any difficulty since the shard cost is the same. Your gambling results on Normal would be the same as T6.

Since you say "Legendary rewards" instead of gear", I assume you mean gear. Kadala can't give other non-material legs such as legendary potions, etc.

MrDaravon

The Ancient Legendary thing made me laugh out loud when I saw it, it's just such a ridiculous way of doing it. "First you had Legendaries....now you have ANCIENT LEGENDARIES." The power creep thing doesn't bother me that much, BUT this largely kills any desire I have to gear up and play alt classes. My plan was to focus on a different class each season and I obviously can and still might do that, but now with this change I'd wind up probably needing to grind quite a bit to gear out my main class again which is yet another timesink.

It's also ridiculous as hell that Season 1 isn't ending for a minimum of another 30 days. It needs to be over right now and Season 2 should be starting by the end of the month. I really feel like they've completely killed the great momentum and word of mouth (for the PC version at least) that they had coming off of RoS and the Seasons announcement.

Ayumi

The Ancient Legendary thing made me laugh out loud when I saw it, it's just such a ridiculous way of doing it.

It's their way of saying "You gotta hunt for new gear, but we'll make you less mad if we can pretend it's just an upgrade of your current one."

yamo

RoRG is any difficulty. The chance of getting a legendary out of a cache just increases based on the difficulty, 100% on T6. I believe Kadala works independently of the difficulty of the game you're in, but can't say for positive as it's not something I've ever tried.

All right that's cool, been doing act 1 bounties like crazy, sitting on almost 250 rift keys now... won't need to do bounties for a long time once I get that ring :)

There is no restriction on legendary gear that Kadala can give you (aside from the cache only legs). Other than that, she can give any item in the game. As for shards vs difficulty, it doesn't matter what difficulty you gamble on. Her drop rates are the same at any difficulty since the shard cost is the same. Your gambling results on Normal would be the same as T6.

Since you say "Legendary rewards" instead of gear", I assume you mean gear. Kadala can't give other non-material legs such as legendary potions, etc.

Yes I mean gear, especially thinking of the class specific set items. Afaik they only drop from torment difficulties. Good to know I can get all set items by using blood shards at Kadala, regardless difficulty!

They really need to implement some kind of benchmark to hit before you can join public T6 games. Like a T6 Rift solo clear in under 15 minutes or something.

Ayumi

Now I couldn't care less about a new SoJ, at least not for a few days. lol

Apparently saying you won't complain counts as complaining because:

NoiqJj0.png

500 INT looks so nice.. but I should reroll to CC, right?
I dunno, because that would make my CC:CHD ratio even further away from 1:10.

What do?

I already have 54:380 CC:CHD and 9315 INT.
Was thinking of just maxing out the elite damage to 30% would be the best.

ZenaxPure

It's also ridiculous as hell that Season 1 isn't ending for a minimum of another 30 days. It needs to be over right now and Season 2 should be starting by the end of the month. I really feel like they've completely killed the great momentum and word of mouth (for the PC version at least) that they had coming off of RoS and the Seasons announcement.

Yeah it's crazy but not unexpected based on what they said about the length originally.

Realistically though I have to wonder how long it will be, if you go back and read about the new stuff being added it seems like a lot of it is for a future patch (probably 2.2). Looks like the only content in 2.1.2 is the new items/gems, the new goblins, and some balance changes. One would like to believe a patch like that could not stretch on for an absurdly extended amount of time.

Escalario

Banned
A question about that new area called The Ruins of Sesheron: is it for the next expansion, or is it coming with a patch? If it's with a patch will it be accesible in Adventure Mode for bounties or only in a Rift like that Sewers of Westmarch area?

Xanathus

A question about that new area called The Ruins of Sesheron: is it for the next expansion, or is it coming with a patch? If it's with a patch will it be accesible in Adventure Mode for bounties or only in a Rift like that Sewers of Westmarch area?

Most likely just a rift/greater rift map like cesspools.

Celegus

Ayumi on fiyaaaaaaah! I don't even know what I'd do either. Another 5% elite doesn't sound too bad, but that thing is bonkers. Even just finding one with a native socket is incredible.

ZenaxPure

Most likely just a rift/greater rift map like cesspools.

Nah, they said it will be a new location in adventure mode itself that will have its own set of new enemies (which they previewed some of). According to the panel it will be located on the act 3 map. I thought I read somewhere as well that there will be new bounty objectives there as well.

Raticus79

500 INT looks so nice.. but I should reroll to CC, right?
I dunno, because that would make my CC:CHD ratio even further away from 1:10.

I'd say reroll the INT to CC. Two reasons:

- it's usable by different classes

- it's future-proof. It won't become obsolete once ancient items start dropping.

It'll add more damage than 500 int would have too. Don't worry about the ratio.

Ayumi

I'd say reroll the INT to CC. Two reasons:

- it's usable by different classes

- it's future-proof. It won't become obsolete once ancient items start dropping.

Thank you! I will most likely do that.

---

Guys, I found a Blizzcon stream. Am I allowed to post it here? (Twitch). Can I post.. anything here before Blizzcon ends? Like stream screenshots or what not.
Edit: The current info is from yesterday though, so stuff we already know, for now.

Escalario

Banned
Nah, they said it will be a new location in adventure mode itself that will have its own set of new enemies (which they previewed some of). According to the panel it will be located on the act 3 map. I thought I read somewhere as well that there will be new bounty objectives there as well.

I see. Thanks for the replies guys :D

Dahbomb

The new SWK set is a nerf to Monk even if its 5 times the damage of your Spender (except Exploding Palm which I don't even consider a real Spender).

Before you could put out 3 procs of SWK in a second so that was over 10000% weapon damage per second. Not to mention that whenever you were auto attacking you were proccing the Smite beams for additional 3000%+ weapon damage.

No Spender can match that at 5x damage even if you add 100% skill damage from gear. Unless the 5x bonus applies as a separate modifier on the skills so if you can get 100% skill damage on Wave of Light (Helm + Boots + Incense Daibo gets you 90% but for sake of math I will just say 100%) you can get 10000% weapon damage per WoL cast which would make it competitive.

I still like this change though and it's what I more or less asked for. I am actually surprised they did away with the 2H requirement completely.

ZenaxPure

No Spender can match that at 5x damage even if you add 100% skill damage from gear. Unless the 5x bonus applies as a separate modifier on the skills so if you can get 100% skill damage on Wave of Light (Helm + Boots + Incense Daibo gets you 90% but for sake of math I will just say 100%) you can get 10000% weapon damage per WoL cast which would make it competitive.

That reminds me I found this a while back. Completely untouched right now since it's not useful for anything, but figured it would be someday. Highest damage roll I've ever gotten on a weapon.

3YAQ1kk.png

Dahbomb

Yeah that's a beastly item especially for 2.1.2 The resource cost reduction is also useful now for Monks.

I have quite a few items in my stash for situations like these. Too bad they would need Ancient versions but still.. good for testing purposes in the PTR.

Raticus79

Panel's started. Legendary workshop is happening now. This should be interesting, lol

Edit: whoa, DatModz, lol. Let's go Monk ideas

Sirim

Can someone please tell me what the default audio volumes are in the sound options of the PS4 Diablo III?

I changed the sound settings, and then realized there's no Reset to Default and my obsessiveness is going haywire trying to remember what the defaults were.

The options I'm referring to are:

Master Volume
Music Volume
Effects Volume
Voice Volume
Ambient Volume

Dahbomb

Monk's Raiment Set new take: 2p: Generators deal more damage. 4p: when hitting things you'll gain back charges for Dashing Strike and increase max charges. 6P boost Dashing Strike damage.

Have to see the numbers on this to see if its good.

ZenaxPure

Have to see the numbers on this to see if its good.

Yeah I am curious. This is actually along the lines of what I wished they did when the change first came out. The idea of using DS as an attack isn't terrible, the problem was how they went about it. Having an attack you would use that gives DS charges makes it more interesting. I hope the numbers are good because conceptually I like this more than the new SWK set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom