• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a TL;DR update on crusader and witch doctor, since I've been away for awhile.

Crusader - I was last using a condemned build...is that still viable? What are high end crusaders speccing right now? Any must-have gear I should be seeking out?

Witch Doctor - Last I played, it was a choice between pet doctor or jade harvest DOT build. Are those still viable? Is one preferred over the other? I only have two pieces of the Jade set, so I'll probably have to go the pet route to gear the other way.

ZenaxPure

Crusader - I was last using a condemned build...is that still viable? What are high end crusaders speccing right now? Any must-have gear I should be seeking out?

Witch Doctor - Last I played, it was a choice between pet doctor or jade harvest DOT build. Are those still viable? Is one preferred over the other? I only have two pieces of the Jade set, so I'll probably have to go the pet route to gear the other way.

Condemned is only viable with the new season shield and it is powerful. The most popular build though is Stampede. Between the 2 I prefer condemned myself but Stampede is super easy to progress with because you pretty much just stand off screen and spam one skill without wading into danger.

Witch Doctor is still Jade/Pet solo, Jade is best but Pet is still respectable. That said though, if you're playing in a group zdps witch doctor is the way to be now for Greater Rifts. It's incredibly powerful and you are able to completely lock down enemies forever. Need a SMK for it to really shine though.

Condemned is only viable with the new season shield and it is powerful. The most popular build though is Stampede. Between the 2 I prefer condemned myself but Stampede is super easy to progress with because you pretty much just stand off screen and spam one skill without wading into danger.

Witch Doctor is still Jade/Pet solo, Jade is best but Pet is still respectable. That said though, if you're playing in a group zdps witch doctor is the way to be now for Greater Rifts. It's incredibly powerful and you are able to completely lock down enemies forever. Need a SMK for it to really shine though.

Thanks a bunch for the reply!

What is zdps? Zombie Dog? No SMK on this end, but I'll keep looking.

:edit: Nevermind, found an online primer for GRIFTS.

Dahbomb

Not sure where you are getting that, with lamentation and the new skull grasp the new set can out damage Leapquake rather easily. Raekor it will never catch up to on AOE damage but no other class can either. But, the new set won't have 5 minute+ rift guardian battles on GR 35 which is a pretty big plus.

The actual real problem with the new set is that since it is a 6 piece you can't run IK or MoTE which means incredible fury problems. If it were to come out right now Lightning would be the only viable build because lightning WW generates fury. Need to make some sweeping changes to fury or the set in regards to fury to open up other elements... But hopefully that is what the PTR is for.
I didn't see the new Skull Grasp, I guess that changes up things.

ZenaxPure

They've said they will give a 30 day notice before the Season ends. It's November 11th and they haven't provided said notice yet soooo

Yeah, at this rate the best we could hope for is like 3 and a half months but that's in a best case scenario.

I'm just taking a little break until then, unexpectedly got a copy of WoD so I will be spending a lot of time with that and BOI (which is all I've been playing since it came out last week). Might log on a bit but it won't be much until next season.

gioGAF

I'm on PS4, PSN: Akuma_818

Does anyone have anything close to the following:
Tasker and Theo
Primary Affixes:
750 Dexterity
+7.0% Attack Speed
+50% Critical Hit Damage
+10% Critical Hit Chance

Secondary Affixes:
Increases attack speed of your pets by 50%.

I have these gloves, but I really need a version with better "attack speed of your pets" affix in order to make the 4.15bp. Would anyone be interested in trading/duping me a pair in exchange for an item I have?

Also interested in the following with GOOD rolls:
The Compass Rose (Dex, 7ias, 50cd, 6cc, Socket)
Lacuni Prowlers (20% Lighting/Cold, Dex, 6cc, 7ias)
Stone of Jordan (20% Lightning, 7ias , 30% Elite, Socket)

I have most DH high end gear, a good amount of Crusader and Witch Doctor high end gear. Off the top of my head:

Natalya's Slayer (2900k)
Helltrapper (2900k)
Arcane Barb (2800k)
Fate of the Fell (3700k)
Flying Dragon (3600k)
Inna's Reach (3700k)
Armor of Akkhan Set
Jade Harvester Set
Marauder Set
Sunwoko's Set (I don't have the Shines)
Raekor's Breeches, Striders, Heart, Burden
Several Etrayus, Kridershots, Furnaces

Dex/cc/cd/socket Amulets
Blackthorne's Cross, Traveler's Pledge, Rakoff's, Hellfire (Cull the Weak/Steady Aim)

eek5

If they still tie the damage to using Dashing Strike, I don't see how that would address the ping-pong problem with Jawbreaker. They must be planning to change that legendary somehow.

It might be more efficient to DW, stack tons of attack speed and build up 5 DS then unleash them all at once. Not sure that would work but it'd be a lot of damage.

Or maybe use FD. When it procs you should be able to build your stacks pretty quick then just DS to kill the pack idk

Syntek

I'm on PS4, PSN: Akuma_818

Does anyone have anything close to the following:
Tasker and Theo
Primary Affixes:
750 Dexterity
+7.0% Attack Speed
+50% Critical Hit Damage
+10% Critical Hit Chance

Secondary Affixes:
Increases attack speed of your pets by 50%.

Yep, Eek5 has that exact TnT. Most that post here are playing PC however.

Cleared 44 tonight, made it into top 30 in non-season solo DH, very happy with that. Although at the rate DH leaderboard updates, I'll be out of the top 30 in no time.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15141044750?page=1#8

"The ability to see how long a clan member has been offline is coming in the PTR for patch 2.1.2, along with the ability to sort clan members by offline duration (as well as some other social improvements). Keep an eye on the upcoming notes for patch 2.1.2, and let us know what you think of these new features on the PTR!"

Should be handy, although it should be pretty easy to beat that by simply logging in and back out every so often, so that kill count metric I was talking about from the profile will still be important.

(oops, beaten by Xanathus)

Ayumi

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15141044750?page=1#8

"The ability to see how long a clan member has been offline is coming in the PTR for patch 2.1.2, along with the ability to sort clan members by offline duration (as well as some other social improvements). Keep an eye on the upcoming notes for patch 2.1.2, and let us know what you think of these new features on the PTR!"

Should be handy, although it should be pretty easy to beat that by simply logging in and back out every so often, so that kill count metric I was talking about from the profile will still come in handy.

It could also be counting from when you actually play a character (like the Battle D3 armory does for each character) and not an actual online timer like the friend list. Hopefully they won't use the Battle client's activity.. that would be silly.

Raticus79

It could also be counting from when you actually play a character (like the Battle D3 armory does for each character) and not an actual online timer like the friend list. Hopefully they won't use the Battle client's activity.. that would be silly.

Yeah, I'll wait to see what it looks like, but I'm expecting it'll just be the same "last updated" date you see on someone's profile which gets updated whenever someone logs out of D3. (edit: aha, didn't notice it was character-specific before, that explains some things)

I posted a suggestion for a lightweight way to track recent activity in a more reliable way - add two profile counters, one for total kills in current month and then one for kills in the previous month (updated when it rolls over at month end).

Raticus79

I know that lol, I just keep running out.

Yeah, some of the crafting prices are still super high for those. Think they forgot about them when they made the change for the yellow version. 72 for chest pieces makes them the bottleneck pretty quickly.

Shifty76

Yeah, some of the crafting prices are still super high for those. Think they forgot about them when they made the change for the yellow version. 72 for chest pieces makes them the bottleneck pretty quickly.

I blew through 2500 veiled crystals without even noticing trying for haunt dmg on my jade chest. Finally got it then within 10 minutes had another jade chest drop that rolled even better.

Addnan

The difference in my available ingredients is a little ridiculous. I pick up everything, yet blues elude me.
N4d59sa.png

Ayumi

Anyone else affected by major lag today? I blame the WoW expansion.

Diablo III Americans is running on the same IP as 4 of the WoW battlegroups, as well as Hearthstone US. :<

kuYuri

Diablo III Americans is running on the same IP as 4 of the WoW battlegroups, as well as Hearthstone US. :<

Yes, lots of lag last night for me.

I have two friends who have gotten back into WoW too.

Oh and we'll play together soon!

StMeph

Definitely the WoW expansion. Guess that's the main US datacenter for Blizzard if that's where so much is being hosted.

Belgorim

Does it work to complain in here to improve you chances of finding certain items?

I had to try some softcore after suffering a few bad losses on HC, so I decided to create a seasonal DH.

So after getting M6, I thought yeah, time to get rucksack, then T&T then WH. I'm now 30k shards in without a rucksack to show for it! Thats why I'm trying this complaining thing.

Euro clan kinda dead atm :p

Deadly

I saw a diablo post on facebook on how ladder was going to get reset on November 25th and I was excitedly going to post it here......but then I re-read it and it said Diablo II ladder....

Ayumi

This video for Lost Ark is worth watching:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=932155
We probably won't get this one outside Korea, but it gives an idea of what Diablo could be with a newer engine.

4OZLYN.gif

Been thinking about this all day and it makes me angry.. angry because it looks so good. It's an obvious clone, but compared to the other clones, this one is actually breathtaking. Unfortunately for me I can't read 1 single word of Korean and it would be relatively hard to REALLY get into a game like that without knowing what the text says. At least we can all still enjoy the graphics and just play around with it for fun.

Addnan

So I am looking into trying something a little different with my monk. Playing zdps when playing with some friends. Can someone tell me what the ideal build for that is, seeing a few different items listed by different people.

Belgorim

Ok, just had to update, my whine worked, this thread is magic. within 1k shards of whining I got my first Rucksack! Good rolls too! :)

Celegus

Ok, just had to update, my whine worked, this thread is magic. within 1k shards of whining I got my first Rucksack! Good rolls too! :)

Nice! Always fun when that actually works, but I'm still waiting on my Stone of Jordan.

Haven't been playing much lately though, the first game I've cared about since RoS came out is finally here - Binding of Isaac Rebirth, so all of my game time has gone to that. And Smash is on the horizon, so I might not be around much until season 1 ends.

Raticus79

So I am looking into trying something a little different with my monk. Playing zdps when playing with some friends. Can someone tell me what the ideal build for that is, seeing a few different items listed by different people.

With zDPS monk for pushing greater rifts, my advice is to completely abandon the idea of doing any damage and just focus on amplifying party damage. Any kind of compromise to improve your own puny damage at the expense of party damage while maintaining the steep CDR requirements for perma-serenity winds up being worse overall.

If you want to try some kind of hybrid for doing something similar on T6, here's my high CDR setup which still deals some damage and keeps everyone alive in easy-mode with Soothing Mist:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/54018042
(using the Gogok gem and Mirinae. The bleed one is fun sometimes too)

For GR, it's pretty much this, although I wouldn't worry about the crowd control stuff since WDs are taking care of that much more effectively than monks can:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/848-g40-zdps-group-monk-quin69
With my gear set, I just swap in a 10% CDR Born's sword and another 10% CDR weapon and that's enough for 81% CDR when the Gogok stacks are up.

You're going to get one-shot when things catch you in the brief gap after the first serenity you cast before Gogok stacks are up, so that's where Desert Shroud and Near Death Experience come in handy. You'll probably want to run a macro too in order to spam serenity consistently (at your own risk, blah blah).

Practice starting your resurrect immediately after you refresh Serenity and you can rez people while standing in ground effects.

Insaniac

Okay so I want to level up my gems higher than 25-26.

If I use my DH to farm high GRift keys (~35 or higher), and then try to complete these grifts even if I fail..

Do I still get to upgrade my gem at that grift level? Also if the grift level is too high for me to complete, am I screwed then?

Baliis

Okay so I want to level up my gems higher than 25-26.

If I use my DH to farm high GRift keys (~35 or higher), and then try to complete these grifts even if I fail..

Do I still get to upgrade my gem at that grift level? Also if the grift level is too high for me to complete, am I screwed then?

You upgrade gems at whatever level the rift is, even if you fail. If you really think you can't finish it at all, even way past the timer, just leave game to close the rift and try a lower one. Are you on seasons or non seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom