• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Have to see the numbers on this to see if its good.
I remember the 2p showed 100% increase to generators. and 6p was in the thousands. He basically said he wanted monks to be like ninjas where you punch things in the face zip around and punch more things.

ZenaxPure

b18wcpsceaef0x5-png-large.png

I guess this is what we do with the Flying Dragons SWK won't be using anymore?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
If they still tie the damage to using Dashing Strike, I don't see how that would address the ping-pong problem with Jawbreaker. They must be planning to change that legendary somehow.

ZenaxPure

If they still tie the damage to using Dashing Strike, I don't see how that would address the ping-pong problem with Jawbreaker. They must be planning to change that legendary somehow.

I'd have to imagine they would change it simply because it goes against the entire design of the new set. Even ignoring Raiment for a second it's not a very well designed legendary from the start, should have been redesigned a long time ago.

Dahbomb

Seems like that's all for D3 from Blizzcon.

Overall it was nothing great, just standard changes you would expect in standard patches (more/changed Legendaries/Sets, rebalances, one new area, new goblins).

Seems like their main goal for these patches is to add in build diversity and promote more active game play. It seems like a M6 nerf is nigh based on their comments. Monks got reworked because the game play of their sets were awful (both were reworked).

Seems like that's all for D3 from Blizzcon.

Overall it was nothing great, just standard changes you would expect in standard patches (more/changed Legendaries/Sets, rebalances, one new area, new goblins).

Seems like their main goal for these patches is to add in build diversity and promote more active game play. It seems like a M6 nerf is nigh based on their comments. Monks got reworked because the game play of their sets were awful (both were reworked).

So as a Demon Hunter we are stuck with M6 and running around planting sentries for the foreseeable future?

Dahbomb

So as a Demon Hunter we are stuck with M6 and running around planting sentries for the foreseeable future?
No from their comments and philosophies expect a change to M6.

And by change I mean nerf. Although I don't know how it will influence the Ball Lightning build as that's a more active form of M6 play.

Insaniac

One of the reasons I gave up on the DH is how stupidly boring M6 is.

i have the same problem with my firebirds wizard. When I use the standard Blizzard/hydra build its extremely boring.

I really enjoy using my holy shotgun crusader, and I'm currently gearing up a Monk

Dahbomb

LMAO @ this:

"Diablo 3 is a casual game that requires no skill"

Blizzard: Yes you are right.

That whole post just legit shook but at the same time I am not surprised. Another LMAO "we want players to only use 40% of their attention".

ZenaxPure

Some really interesting stuff in that link.

Reconfirms M6 is going to get changed, GR enemy damage is going to be nerfed (thank fucking god), every 4 piece set is going to become a 6 piece set (so the Lut socks we saw at blizzcon might indeed be changed and their effect added as another set bonus).

I don't like that they don't want Akkhan type of sets and want to focus on specific skills and element, especially when only 1 is usually viable because they really are just winging everything. Not strong enough? We'll add +3000% dmg months later.

It's just so damn limiting in the gear you can wear... making all 4 pieces a 6 piece now? Yawn.

Also they've been saying the same thing for the Helltooth set for a long time now that they just aren't happy with Wall of Zombies. What's silly is I have no doubt that when they do change it, good chance it will suck and not be interesting like they did with Sacrifice.

Dahbomb

The unimaginative ways that Blizzard comes up with set is mind boggling.

This is a set that Blizzard would make that focuses on Seven Sided Strike;

2 Piece bonus: Each hit of SSS deals 500% more damage

4 Piece bonus: SSS gains the effect of all Runes

6 Piece Bonus: The first hit of SSS deals 3000% weapon damage

Now here is how I would make it:

2 piece bonus: Your Mystic Ally will now also perform SSS

4 piece bonus: You are free to perform all actions while SSS is active (you will still retain SSS's invincibility). Using SSS now gives you 50 Spirit as opposed to costing 50 Spirit.

6 piece bonus: SSS gains the effect of all runes. Enemies hit by SSS take 100% more damage from all sources.

This allows SSS to be useful as both a damage dealer and as an excellent support build. It is also not your primary damage dealer so you can combo with other Spender skills.

You can combo it with Flow of Eternity, Mad Stone and Crudest Boots (each SSS activation would give you 3 SSS). 6 pieces would be Shoulder, Gloves, Chest, Belt, Pants, Helm. So it will have Synergies with EP and Mystic Ally so those two skills get buffed alongside it.

Deadly

It's going to be the usual shit. 'Aight we heard you, we're going to do this, this and that. Also we're adding this! Isn't that awesome? Tune in for updates for when it'll all be released!'
Close enough?

I think they should concentrate on new playable content instead of adding sets and what not. The ruins of Sesheron area is a step in the right direction I'd say. A new item hunt for items that are likely to be not as good as the current setup isn't really attractive.

Syntek

So I play DH near exclusively, but had accumulated over that course several Firebird pieces, including an INT furnace.

Spent a couple hours and got the remaining pieces from Kadala. Rerolled some DEX/Fire gears, ran a few T6 rifts to get the feel for how it all works, and then jumped right into greater rifts. Cleared all the way to 39 with just one failure, not too shabby in just a night eh. Tbh, a large part of it comes down to Firebird playing very much like M6. Faster damage ramp up, but lower damage ceiling. Otherwise, many of the cheese tactics in the M6 playbook apply to Firebird.

Dahbomb

Every class has a bunch of ignored skills when it comes to itemization.

There is no item in the game that buffs Cyclone Strike yet there are now 3 Legendaries that buff Exploding Palm (Fist of AZ, Gungdo Gear and Madstone).

patchday

Hey interested in buying this on PS4. But want to make sure it doesn't share Destiny's downfalls/features (for me).

Have some questions:
- Does matchmaking work for any activity in the game? It's not like Destiny right whereas Nightfall/Weekly/Raids (basically any activity that matters for PvE), has auto-matchmaking blocked?

- There is none of this weekly lockout bullshit? Any dungeon can be completed as much as I want?

- Do I have to gather 'materials' to level up my armor? Does armor/weapons require XP?

- I can talk to everyone on my team?

It really is sad I gotta ask all this but Destiny is such a major step backward from online RPGs in almost every way I gotta be clear on what I'm getting into

Hey interested in buying this on PS4. But want to make sure it doesn't share Destiny's downfalls/features (for me).

Have some questions:
- Does matchmaking work for any activity in the game? It's not like Destiny right whereas Nightfall/Weekly/Raids (basically any activity that matters for PvE), has auto-matchmaking blocked?

- There is none of this weekly lockout bullshit? Any dungeon can be completed as much as I want?

- Do I have to gather 'materials' to level up my armor? Does armor/weapons require XP?

- I can talk to everyone on my team?

It really is sad I gotta ask all this but Destiny is such a major step backward from online RPGs in almost every way I gotta be clear on what I'm getting into

When you go to matchmaking you set the type of game you're looking for (killing monsters, bounties, rifts, etc.)

no weekly lockout idiocy.

materials can be gathered for crafting purposes, which isn't required to level up your armor, but you can tweak some of the stats on your gear.

I have no idea on chat, because I typically only play with friends and have a party set up anyway.

D3 console is great fun, but there's also a D3 Console community thread here.

kirblar

LMAO @ this:

"Diablo 3 is a casual game that requires no skill"

Blizzard: Yes you are right.

That whole post just legit shook but at the same time I am not surprised. Another LMAO "we want players to only use 40% of their attention".
It's a super casual loot game which says "How busted can you make your character? LETS FIND OUT!". It's always been a pretty brainless game.

You can see the move to higher HP pools and less spiky damage across all their games, actually - WoW/Diablo/HOTS all do that. It's definitely a good thing.

Bombless

Dahbomb

Diablo was never a super casual loot game, that's just what D3 has become over time. Even launch vanilla D3 was anything but casual. D1 and D2 were not casual either.

If the game is supposed to be this super casual, turn off your brain game then why does it have Greater Rifts, Seasons, Hardcore mode and Leaderboards? Why does Blizzard even care to balance the game?

ZenaxPure

Diablo was never a super casual loot game, that's just what D3 has become over time. Even launch vanilla D3 was anything but casual. D1 and D2 were not casual either.

If the game is supposed to be this super casual, turn off your brain game then why does it have Greater Rifts, Seasons, Hardcore mode and Leaderboards? Why does Blizzard even care to balance the game?

Eh, to be fair who knows the full context of what the guy said anyway. The post wasn't an interview, the guy was trying to find their "philosophy" behind making the game by asking vague questions and then posting how he interrupted the answers... all while a little drunk.

Like pretty much all blizz games I've always seen it as a little of both worlds. There is nothing really casual about doing high GRs (solo anyway) to the point where someone is paying attention to something else while they sleep through way through the rift, but, at this point you can do T6 pretty easily while also vaguely watching tv or something, but, that isn't really different than any of the games in this genre. Just depends on what you're trying to do.

Baliis

Woot, just cleared solo GR39 on my monk which apparently puts me top 50 US non seasons

Nice! I'm still holding at 25 on my wiz, but 42 is like a brick wall for me right now. Decided to roll a wd for fun tonight since i already had a full jade set with furnace, managed a 35 which put me at like 500 some. Pretty fun build compared to a wiz, lot more dashing in and out to harvest versus just kiting a lot.

Dahbomb

I just looked at the Barbarian new set for the first time.

It's ass. It will not be competitive with the other classes or even with its own sets (less damage per second than Earthquake set and Raekor).

The DH set is also pretty bad. For some reason I had thought that you got Discipline for Hatred spenders not Generators.

ZenaxPure

It's ass. It will not be competitive with the other classes or even with its own sets (less damage per second than Earthquake set and Raekor).

Not sure where you are getting that, with lamentation and the new skull grasp the new set can out damage Leapquake rather easily. Raekor it will never catch up to on AOE damage but no other class can either. But, the new set won't have 5 minute+ rift guardian battles on GR 35 which is a pretty big plus.

The actual real problem with the new set is that since it is a 6 piece you can't run IK or MoTE which means incredible fury problems. If it were to come out right now Lightning would be the only viable build because lightning WW generates fury. Need to make some sweeping changes to fury or the set in regards to fury to open up other elements... But hopefully that is what the PTR is for.

Fonz72

Hey guys! I just applied for the NeoGAF overflow clan and the NAGAF community! I'm finally playing this game seriously and trying to get a Crusader to lvl70 by the end of Season 1!

Anyone wants to add me as a friend I'm Fonz72#1885

Is there any room in the GAF clan? I haven't played this game in many months, but have several 70s that I'm looking to mess around with while waiting for season 2.

Ayumi

Add me! PsychoPowaa#1568

Any other monks who want to help me grind out T6, reply and let me know when adding me!
Not a Monk but you're free to add me/play with me if you want! Ayumi#2458

Hey guys! I just applied for the NeoGAF overflow clan and the NAGAF community! I'm finally playing this game seriously and trying to get a Crusader to lvl70 by the end of Season 1!

Anyone wants to add me as a friend I'm Fonz72#1885

Is there any room in the GAF clan? I haven't played this game in many months, but have several 70s that I'm looking to mess around with while waiting for season 2.

Soooo... what one has to do to enter the EU GAF Clan/Community? (If there is one, that is)
The US clan is full at the moment. But I hope someone *might* clean it up before/during/after Season 2.. I don't really know. The EU clan should still have available spots, but I heard that it's very, very inactive at the moment.

Addnan

Soooo... what one has to do to enter the EU GAF Clan/Community? (If there is one, that is)
Whoever controls it doesn't seem to ever get on, so getting into it doesn't really seem to be an option...

If you want to play add me Addnan#2643

edit: only play non season right now. Will play S2

Raptor

So since this thread is a little more active maybe, Odyn's Son or Thunderfury with WKL or OS and TF together?

Trying with LIghtning Monk here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom