• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Hmm, so if all those are reducing the cooldown, Gesture of Orpheus is kind of useless. I guess it still has the 20% arcane, but that does sound very interesting. Definitely something I'll try out.

ZenaxPure

I bet a lot of demon hunters will be happy with that new more active set. 2 discipline from generators, eh - easy ticket to perma-SS, then they just need damage.

Yeah: Barbarian and DH got posted.

Barbarian:
2P: Rend deals 300% more damage.
4P: Rend lasts 300% longer.
6P: Targets affected by Rend take +300% Whirlwind damage.

Demon Hunter:
2P: Gain 2 Discipline every time you use a Hatred Generator.
4P: Take 20% less damage if there are enemies within 40 yards.
6P: Every point of Discipline you currently have increases the damage of your Hatred Generators and Multishot by 10%.

I feel like the barbarian one being 6 piece will end up shoehorning barbarians into a fire build with a cindercoat (assuming you can work it in) since fury is a huge problem if you can't wear IK or MoTE. That is with the current game in mind of course, could make changes to make fury less of a garbage resource before then.

Demon Hunter one doesn't look like my kind of thing really but I assume people who want a more active play style will like it.

Skab

New item rarity level. Ancient Lengendary. Rolls higher stats than the normal versions. Press Kit examples

d3_x1_blizzcon_wand_of_woh_legendary.png

d3_x1_blizzcon_vile_ward_legendary.png

d3_x1_blizzcon_lut_socks_legendary.png

ZenaxPure

Just screenshots highlighting the increased main stats. Doubt it means anything.

Man I hope not sort of. Luts is fine because leapquake isn't all that powerful, but, I'd really like them to remove the vile ward effect, it sucks shit for a lot of reasons.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So it looks like ancient = 33% higher stats on the primary stats and damage. Power creep time! RIP most non-jewelry gear.

Sunwuko changes:
Sunwuko Set:
2P: Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 100% weapon damage.
4P: Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 500% from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds.

Hmm, no more dependency on daibos. That makes it a lot easier to run with high CDR.

Well, yeah, that's certainly less spammy if Sweeping Wind and Mantra don't work with it any more. Not sure how that one will play out yet.

StMeph

The armor difference isn't too bad, but the weapon difference is disgusting. It's ridiculous how much better that is compared to normal, and the DPS difference is huge. It's not just going to substantially push power creep, it's also basically the only thing worth chasing.

Everyone needs to upgrade their weapons now to an Ancient version of their BIS weapon, because it will be something like a 25% increase in DPS.

Addnan

So it looks like ancient = 33% higher stats on the primary stats and damage. Power creep time! RIP most non-jewelry gear.

Oh, ok. Well, yeah, that's certainly less spammy if Sweeping Wind and Mantra don't work with it any more.
What does this mean for my Monk? Is she now weaker than she already was.

ZenaxPure

Sunwuko changes:

Hmm, no more dependency on daibos. That makes it a lot easier to run with high CDR.

Well, yeah, that's certainly less spammy if Sweeping Wind and Mantra don't work with it any more. Not sure how that one will play out yet.

I'm not sure I like this redesign, I don't really like it when sets try to throw in every damage dealer because there is always one clear winner. Easier to just focus on one.

Deadly

Sunwuko changes:

Change sucks cause now we're forced to put a spender in our skills.
The armor difference isn't too bad, but the weapon difference is disgusting. It's ridiculous how much better that is compared to normal, and the DPS difference is huge. It's not just going to substantially push power creep, it's also basically the only thing worth chasing.

Everyone needs to upgrade their weapons now to an Ancient version of their BIS weapon, because it will be something like a 25% increase in DPS.
Yeah this is dumb as fuck. How does this encourage people to come back? 'Hey here's the exact same thing with bigger numbers!'

Raticus79

What does this mean for my Monk? Is she now weaker than she already was.

Good question. I'm trying to size it up now, but this one is complex. Things are certainly going to play out differently and it's going to create different builds now that dual wielding is an option again.

Say your character is laying down a chain of LTK sweeping armada. That's 5x825=4125% damage for each LTK in a 15 yard radius for 50 spirit, compared to 3500% for each 75 spirit spent with each spender with current SWK.
(on the other hand, if it's not 5x and it's just adding another 500% weapon damage, then that's probably going to fall flat)

The downtime on your primary attack while using spenders will hurt spirit generation with BoH and sustain via LPSS quite a bit I think.

Thinking ahead - maybe we'll see a semi-ranged monk build that uses cindercoat and LTK:Spinning Flame Kick. Might not even really need a generator.

Change sucks cause now we're forced to put a spender in our skills.

We've been running sweeping wind in order to be able to dump spirit quickly enough, so we get a slot back there to use for the spender.

Raticus79

Yeah I figured sweeping wind would be the one to go to but it was decent to generate spirit too.

Hmm, it seems like a build without a generator could work, so there's another slot from BoH and the primary. (Inna's makes a comeback? Maybe a TR build?)
That's a big maybe. The spirit generation from being able to spend mantra/SW while generating spirit with your primary and BoH was crazy, so it'll take a lot to make up for that.

Edit: here we go, panel's started.

joesmokey

Pylon Changes: Conduit not getting removed in GR. Instead, Speed Pylons ignoring collision and lasting longer, Shield Pylon reflecting damage and exploding when it times out. You should get 2-4 Pylons per GR, not 0 or 6.
:(.

ZenaxPure

I feel like we've known about conduits not getting removed for a while now, there was a blue post a while back that said they didn't want to remove any of them but look into changing them in some way (but was extremely vague as usual).

Dahbomb

RIP in peace old SWK set.

And it seems like all our old gear is about to be useless pretty soon since Legendaries/Sets have Ancient variants now. Especially the weapons.

Dahbomb

The Pylon changes are pretty bull shit. They didn't listen to shit, it was universally agreed that Pylons should be removed from GRs.

The Pylon changes are pretty bull shit. They didn't listen to shit, it was universally agreed that Pylons should be removed from GRs.

Pylon Changes: Conduit not getting removed in GR. Instead, Speed Pylons ignoring collision and lasting longer, Shield Pylon reflecting damage and exploding when it times out. You should get 2-4 Pylons per GR, not 0 or 6.

*shrug* sounds fine to me, unless you're one of those bleeding edge Final Destination no items min req para 800 to join GAF clan types ;P

Deadly

Exactly. Imagine if they started balancing the classes around PVP play, shudder.
Balancing around pvp would be terrible for sure and it's definitely a difficult thing to implement but imagine how awesome it would be if they'd find a way? I mean when D3 came out all my friends were like 'when do we get to kill eachother?'

joesmokey

Trial changes are coming to 2.1.2, pacing and mosters in them are being looked at. In the current internal build, all monsters can be knocked around. Progression in Trials should be more persistent.
They're not getting rid of them? So much for greater rifts.

joesmokey

Ancient items are intended for the most dedicated players the have already have their whole sets completed. Currently, the chance for Ancient items is 5-10% on T6. Similar for GR.
Does this mean that for items like The Furnace that start with a 2% drop rate, you have a further 5% chance that item will be an ancient?

Celegus

Barb set is super ugly, but I love the DH set and Wizard is good (except for the complete lack of chest armor).

No approximate dates yet? And no word on ending season 1, or will that just happen when season 2 starts?

Dahbomb

The 4 piece of the new DH set sucks ass. Who cares about damage mitigation when that set will give perma SS anyway.

M6 still da king.

ZenaxPure

Barb set is super ugly, but I love the DH set and Wizard is good (except for the complete lack of chest armor).

No approximate dates yet? And no word on ending season 1, or will that just happen when season 2 starts?

No idea but I'd guess there will be a time frame where no season is active, probably won't just end one and start the next within hours of each other.

I actually like the way the barb set looks :x

Need to see it on a female barb though.

Dahbomb

You guys think the new SWK set will combo with Gungdo Gear?

Like if you set off an EP explosion in the midst of 10 targets will you get 10 procs of SWK? That might be kinda interesting.

What about Mad Stone? Damn that could be a beastly combo if it worked like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom