• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

The easy fix is to just allow your skills to be buffed if you are also in a bubble. After that it's a matter of buffing Arcane Orb and Energy Twister at the base level.

Akai XIII

My monk is coming along nicely now:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/55158058

Just need the Crudest Boots and SWK amulet. Got an Innas helm/Leorics Crown ready.

Got a 99% Fist of Az, the rolls are a bit meh (2k, -Res, Spirit regen and Vit) but I'll give it a go with gungdo - what other 1H should I try? Sunkeeper?

Is it worth dropping my Litany for a SoJ (18% fire, 26% Elite) wiht a socket (no CC/CD tho)?

RS4-

I must've seen a dozen crudest boots drops, none ancient. Still looking for swk ammy so I can finally equip my non anc furnace. Did get my second unity though and follower cannot die item.

Few days ago I got an ancient sunkeeper that rolled...16% elite damage. Ugh. I'll have to compare it to a non anc. that rolled 25% or something.

Re: barb, should I gamble for raekors, then leave vile wards for last?

Meowtor

Gold Member
I'm just getting back into Diablo 3 now that i picked up the expansion. Put in a request to join the overflow guild.

Saya

I'm loving my coldsplosion pull monk right now. Perfect to play casually in T6 rifts while also listening to podcasts.

This is what I do:

1. Dash in large groups of mobs
2. Cyclone Strike to pull them together
3. Apply Exploding Palm
4. Kill the weak ones to trigger EP
5. Watch everything explode
6. Collect gold and loot
7. Use Epiphany when necessary

With goldwrap and a high boon of the hoarder gem you are basically invincible.

Just wish I could find a better one-handed weapon. The Fist of Az-turrasq hasn't dropped for me yet. Also still waiting for a Leoric's Crown. It's really hard finding that one for a monk since the loot table is shared with tons of spirit stones. :S

dekjo

First Diablo game and just got my first character, a monk, to level 70 today. Started the regular game on hard and later went to expert, and while it was enjoyable enough to keep going to completion, especially since everyone says it gets better at the end game, it was still kind of easy.

But I have played some Adventure mode and upped the difficulty to master, and just that change has really made the game come to life more. It's made me need to try different skills that I never touched in the regular game, simply because I didn't need to. And I'm enjoying that re-tooling and re-adjusting, and having more tense fights.

All that said, I simply wanted to ask, what do people generally suggest doing next? A new game with a new build on a higher difficulty? Or should I just stick with the monk? If I stick with the monk, do I just do the bounties until I get strong enough to raise the difficulty?

Talaysen

tSzu3vE.jpg

that damage (PTR)

But I have played some Adventure mode and upped the difficulty to master, and just that change has really made the game come to life more. It's made me need to try different skills that I never touched in the regular game, simply because I didn't need to. And I'm enjoying that re-tooling and re-adjusting, and having more tense fights.

All that said, I simply wanted to ask, what do people generally suggest doing next? A new game with a new build on a higher difficulty? Or should I just stick with the monk? If I stick with the monk, do I just do the bounties until I get strong enough to raise the difficulty?

Get legendaries or set pieces in all your slots.
Bump it up to Torment 1
Run Nephalem Rifts to get some keys
Run Greater Nephalem Rifts for better loot
When Torment 1 gets easy, bump to T2 and up
... don't look down or you'll notice this loot treadmill has neither purpose nor end.

... actually, i'd advise starting a character in Season mode. I had worked my Witch Doctor up pretty high, and was getting burned out. Then tried a Crusader in the new Season, and really, really liked her. Plays totally different from the WD. And with adventure mode unlocked, you can level up very, very fast.

dekjo

Get legendaries or set pieces in all your slots.
Bump it up to Torment 1
Run Nephalem Rifts to get some keys
Run Greater Nephalem Rifts for better loot
When Torment 1 gets easy, bump to T2 and up
... don't look down or you'll notice this loot treadmill has neither purpose nor end.

... actually, i'd advise starting a character in Season mode. I had worked my Witch Doctor up pretty high, and was getting burned out. Then tried a Crusader in the new Season, and really, really liked her. Plays totally different from the WD. And with adventure mode unlocked, you can level up very, very fast.

Thanks - not sure what season mode is, but I'll look it up. I might try that.

Edit: okay, after reading, I'm not sure I get the appeal of season mode. I'll just keep rolling with the monk for now and see if I can grab some legendaries.

is that actually worth using?

Not with those stats. Someone just forgot to make sure it dropped with a +dmg affix which every weapon is guaranteed to get(I think at least, there might be an exception like hamburger or whatever). That's also what happens if you reroll your damage stat to something else, though not sure that's possible anymore.

The weapon is actually good when you roll damage on it, it's a lot of cooldown reduction on short cooldown skills.

Dahbomb

It seems like the Monk community has come to the conclusion on what the best build for 2.2 is for the class....

It's combining SWK 4 pc with 2 pc Raiment then also using Gungdo Gear.

The idea is pretty simple. SWK 4 pc with Gungdo is the best AOE clear in the game. 2pc Raiment with Miranae and Flying Dragon is the best single target. Combine the two and you have the best build in the game.

Some streamer just passed 51 GR with ease. It's just obscenely powerful because it has everything you could want. You are immortal, you do both godlike AOE damage and godlike single target damage.

The build isn't even fully optimized yet as no one really knows what to put as the 6th slot for the build. Serenity, FoF, Dashing Strike, Mantra and Exploding Palm are all you really need... 6th skill you can use Cyclone Strike for crowd control or Sweeping Wind for a little bit of extra damage or Mystic Ally Fire Ally.

Most likely will not make it to live like this.

PS - Innas + SWK is also a very strong combination but that one focuses more on AOE than single target.

joesmokey

I think I'm taking another break until 2.2 hits. I've had enough testing on the PTR to know what to expect and there is no point in playing season 2 anymore.

If they lock the meteor boots and the energy twister bracers in season 3 drops, I'll play that. Otherwise I will probably skip season 3 and play my main and enjoy the changes.

I could keep playing to farm for a better Tal's amulet, but I don't enjoy Firebird enough.

I'll follow PTR changes and might check them out as it is iterated on (e.g. the slow time set is not making live the way it is).

Dahbomb

I don't think most of the things in PTR will make it to live as is... including TR, the Meteor Boots, the Crusader Bracers, the new sets and even the reworked sets.

Haven't touched the game since release, friend convinced me to give it another go and now I'm hooked.

The game has come a long way since release. If only it was like this back then.

It seems like the Monk community has come to the conclusion on what the best build for 2.2 is for the class....

It's combining SWK 4 pc with 2 pc Raiment then also using Gungdo Gear.

The idea is pretty simple. SWK 4 pc with Gungdo is the best AOE clear in the game. 2pc Raiment with Miranae and Flying Dragon is the best single target. Combine the two and you have the best build in the game.

Some streamer just passed 51 GR with ease. It's just obscenely powerful because it has everything you could want. You are immortal, you do both godlike AOE damage and godlike single target damage.

The build isn't even fully optimized yet as no one really knows what to put as the 6th slot for the build. Serenity, FoF, Dashing Strike, Mantra and Exploding Palm are all you really need... 6th skill you can use Cyclone Strike for crowd control or Sweeping Wind for a little bit of extra damage or Mystic Ally Fire Ally.

Most likely will not make it to live like this.

PS - Innas + SWK is also a very strong combination but that one focuses more on AOE than single target.

Yeah well perma serenity won't make it that's for sure
I'll stick with swk + inna

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Haven't touched the game since release, friend convinced me to give it another go and now I'm hooked.

The game has come a long way since release. If only it was like this back then.

Problem is, it can quickly become boring because it's generally too easy to obtain gear now.

Akai XIII

My monk is coming along nicely now:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/55158058

Just need the Crudest Boots and SWK amulet. Got an Innas helm/Leorics Crown ready.

Got a 99% Fist of Az, the rolls are a bit meh (2k, -Res, Spirit regen and Vit) but I'll give it a go with gungdo - what other 1H should I try? Sunkeeper?

Is it worth dropping my Litany for a SoJ (18% fire, 26% Elite) wiht a socket (no CC/CD tho)?

Got the crudest boots and gungdo now...

Any tips for higher GRifts? My survivability is lacking and I need a new RRoG.

Your passives are kinda crappy, take unity and beacon of ytar, drop the spirit regen ones they are bad

15% life on your chest
Dashing strike : get the rune with dodge chance instead

Looks like you have 0 cooldown reduction too, get a diamond in helmet, and CDR on gloves/spaulders and in paragon levels

Akai XIII

Your passives are kinda crappy, take unity and beacon of ytar, drop the spirit regen ones they are bad

15% life on your chest
Dashing strike : get the rune with dodge chance instead

Looks like you have 0 cooldown reduction too, get a diamond in helmet, and CDR on gloves/spaulders and in paragon levels

That's old...

I've swapped all my spirit regen passives since getting the crudest boots. I have unity and beacon now :)

I have CDR on my shoulers, beacon and once I hit 300 para I'll swap to a diamond (and if I get SWK amulet I'll use Leorics Crown).

Which WoL should I be using then?

EDIT: Rolled to Life % and swapped to lightning.

EDIT2: Hot damn, that makes a massive difference.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/835-quin69-gr50-torch-setup

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
One question guys.
I haven't played DIII in ages, did Blizz patch the DPS Number indicator? I know last time i played, certain things like crit or +15% Firedmg did not "really" translated in a higher DPS number but you actually did more dmg... Did they fix that or was that never a problem and i imagine things?

Jedi2016

One question guys.
I haven't played DIII in ages, did Blizz patch the DPS Number indicator? I know last time i played, certain things like crit or +15% Firedmg did not "really" translated in a higher DPS number but you actually did more dmg... Did they fix that or was that never a problem and i imagine things?
It was never designed to work that way. DPS is just the weapon by itself, it can't factor in your skills.

Talaysen

One question guys.

Isn't there a character Stat "DPS" that rolls everything together, or some version of "rolling together"?

Crit has always affected your damage stat. Fire% doesn't because the game doesn't know if you're going to be using a fire skill or not, so it doesn't put that in the calculation. There's a separate thing in the character details that will tell your elemental dps though, it's just harder to get to.

There are much worse rift maps

See the "rift" level from act 5
Or araneae caverns (that includes the bounties you have to do in it that suck major ass, always quit and reload the game if it's in it)

Celegus

Or araneae caverns (that includes the bounties you have to do in it that suck major ass, always quit and reload the game if it's in it)

I feel like the spider caves make up 50% of rift levels, hate 'em.

Also I'm about paragon 250 in season, and no Gifts yet. About 10 potions though...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I finally hit 70 on the new ladder today and started playing with people again! (no public games available all the way from 1-70, I'm guessing I'm the last person on the ladder to level up to 70)

So, is there any room nowadays in the NeoGAF USEast clan for D3? I'm in a different clan now but I'd like to join the GAF one if possible. My current clan is very...quiet, and lonely, lol.

Damn I'm getting spoiled by playing on the PTR. Go through literally hundreds of legendaries in just a couple hours.

To be honest, while the legendary drop rate is pretty good now, I feel with more and more legendaries being actually useful, it should be even higher so we could gear more than a couple of characters efficiently and test a few different builds. You can play PTR for a few hours which is the equivalent of like 2weeks of normal gaming and still not have the right stuff to test whatever you want to test, which is kinda annoying.

I mean, it's not terrible currently, I just wish playing multiple classes wasn't so handicapping unless you play 12hours a day every day.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
To be honest, while the legendary drop rate is pretty good now, I feel with more and more legendaries being actually useful, it should be even higher so we could gear more than a couple of characters efficiently and test a few different builds. You can play PTR for a few hours which is the equivalent of like 2weeks of normal gaming and still not have the right stuff to test whatever you want to test, which is kinda annoying.

I mean, it's not terrible currently, I just wish playing multiple classes wasn't so handicapping unless you play 12hours a day every day.

Yeah ptr feels great, obviously base game will never come close, but the droprate going up a tad would be nice :). I'd actually just settle for weapons actually being farm-able by making them easier to obtain from Kadala. Lower the shard count or split up the categories.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Yeah ptr feels great, obviously base game will never come close, but the droprate going up a tad would be nice :). I'd actually just settle for weapons actually being farm-able by making them easier to obtain from Kadala. Lower the shard count or split up the categories.
Spliting up the categories would make a world of difference.

The Raiment 2pc on the PTR is really strong. Makes a lot more builds viable. Although less geared anyway, my live S2 monk definitely feels significantly weaker without the 500% damage multiplier on primary attack.

Xeteh

My luck with Gifts is insane. I've found 10 in 383 paragon levels. I'm having better luck with those than I am Ring of Royal Grandeur.

Dahbomb

have you tested it with a shard of hate?
It's not good with Shard of Hate because the proc doesn't do that much damage and it's on an IC. SoH however is very good with Tal Rasha's because TR buffs the damage of the procs.

Right now with Monk if you want to go Generator build then you want to use Flying Dragon with the Miranae gem and use Broken Promise + Obsidian. Immortality, fastest attack speed, 100% crit chance, very high single target DPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom