• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

That's fantastic news. I'm really happy to see the rise of crazy single-target builds like Roland's Sader and Generator Monk and I think they'll have a place in high GR groups.

Dahbomb

Same with chest pieces.
Thing with Chest pieces is that they are almost always occupied by set pieces.

While Shoulder pieces are usually occupied by Set pieces as well... with the introduction of these new sets and new rings... suddenly Wizards and IK Barbs are left with basically naked Shoulders which add no synergy to the build. All you can do is add in Shoulders + Bracers Aughilds but again... without RORG that has less of an impact now.

Thing with Chest pieces is that they are almost always occupied by set pieces.

While Shoulder pieces are usually occupied by Set pieces as well... with the introduction of these new sets and new rings... suddenly Wizards and IK Barbs are left with basically naked Shoulders which add no synergy to the build. All you can do is add in Shoulders + Bracers Aughilds but again... without RORG that has less of an impact now.

All the set pieces should have 1 more piece than the max set bonus tbh, so 7pieces for 6pc sets, and yeah shoulders should be in there. Hell I would say every sets might even want to be one piece in every slot just so you can pick whatever you want better.

Dahbomb

All the set pieces should have 1 more piece than the max set bonus tbh, so 7pieces for 6pc sets, and yeah shoulders should be in there. Hell I would say every sets might even want to be one piece in every slot just so you can pick whatever you want better.
This too. Alternatively you can move some 6 piece bonuses to be 5 piece bonuses.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/ptr-legendary-items/

I updated my item database with the new legendary items in patch 2.2 ptr. If I missed any items, please share screenshots!

The effect for In-Geom may have changed. I'm just waiting to get home to verify. Something like "when you use a cooldown, reduce all other remaining cooldowns by 1 second".

This too. Alternatively you can move some 6 piece bonuses to be 5 piece bonuses.

Yeah, that's the kind of thing they did for WoW apparently. Lower limits, add spare items for flexibility. I imagine they're just holding on to that card for Diablo so they can play it later with an expansion or something, creating a bunch of new viable gear combinations relatively easily.

Dahbomb

Well another thing they need to add from WoW is the stat crushes because right now if your character isn't doing damage in the tens of billions per second then they ain't worth shit.

I mean this is getting to be DBZ type power level creep here. Everybody is SSJ3 level able to destroy the earth... or in D3's case crash the game/server with all the numbers and effects flying around.

Raticus79

Thanks, changed!

Hmm, my existing one didn't change, sorry, but maybe it's updated on new ones or something. Something to keep an eye on I guess.

Edit: found one, posted 2 hours ago. (German)
ZruI1jf.jpg

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...14284-ptr-2-2-undocumented-changes?comment=86
"The weird thing is, it seems to be a mismatch between different languages. I gave that sword to a party member, he said it showed a flat 5 second cooldown reduction for all skills."

Dahbomb

New Barb set is legit when it comes to Rend. Good combo with F+R and you can even combo with IK 2 piece. The ticks do good damage.

Using WW with it though will probably require Zodiac Ring and Skull Grasp. Zodiac to keep up WotB and Skull Grasp for the damage.

Xeteh

Holy shit I'm dumb. So yesterday I was super stoked because I found a Witching Hour on my Demon Hunter. It had a crap crit hit roll, I think it was like 32%. So I rerolled it and got 49%. Super happy.

I'm playing right now and another Witching Hour dropped, alright cool hope its ancient. It isn't... but its an upgrade so I compare it to mine. In my excitement to realize I found an Witching Hour I didn't notice it rolled Int. So now I'm a cool Demon Hunter that has a Dex belt like no one else.

I just found my 7th Ramaladni's Gift this season. It is the only thing I have crazy luck with.

Dahbomb

Most Wizards that have tried the new set have said the following on the new set:

*Cool playstyle and design
*Big damage disparity between outside Bubble and inside which leads to consistency problems when doing Rifts (and waiting for cooldown of Bubble)
*Best option is Magic Missile with Mirrorball because it synergizes well with F+R. Damage is actually pretty considerable but still not that great compared to other sets (I mean you are still basically only attacking with a 3x Generator when you boil down to it).
*Synergy with F+R means you can't use the Slow Time Hat that gives all rune.

Seems like this set greatly exposes the problem that Arcane Orb and Twisters are just bad skills in general standalone that even multiplying their damage by 500% is not good enough. There is also the issue with the bubbles so my guess is that they probably should increase the AOE of that bubble and think about lowering its CD.

The damage does not compare to TR set at the moment. It just provides better support value right now. Needs buffs for sure.

On the new Demon Hunter set... there really isn't much to say about it. It's pretty boring all things considered but the damage is at least competitive when you have above 80 Discipline. Most DHs are confused as to why this set exists when they can still make a Multishot build using M6.

Raticus79

PBfb9Yv.jpg

We actually have the top rank for any of the PTR season leaderboards and there's just one duo that hit a 53 on non-season. Those 15 billion damage meteors doing the work!

neoism

Jesus Christ I got that fist with 96% palm explode damage on it and a 3k ancient sever holy shit my exploding palm with GG is doing between 13-30bil crits @_@

Dahbomb

Both the Meteor Boots and the Shield Bash Bracers are overtuned. They also are basically the same exact item just working for two different skills. I expect a nerf on both of them.

Saya

So, which items should we definitely hold on to seeing as they are changed next patch? Or will the affixes of older items not change?

So, which items should we definitely hold on to seeing as they are changed next patch? Or will the affixes of older items not change?

Only set items will update because of the way they work, at least I believe that's how it works, as I didn't see any of the legendaries I had get updated on PTR. So not much really, Tal rasha and so on if you want to use them, but other than set items you'll have to refarm all the legendaries to get the new affixes. For the few that have a different value of an existing affix, it might be rerollable? Not sure. Though iirc all of those are nerfs.

Radec

When a green amulet isn't traveler's pledge it's blackthorne's... fuck SWK
Also lmao no unity. Good luck finding TWO.

Loot really hates me
Just keep bitching about it. Rngesus will notice it.

Worked for me on ancient torch and swk ammy. :p

I just need to bitch for a 2nd unity.

Addnan

Let's try this.

I need a fire SoJ, a cold SoJ and a lightning SoJ. All roll with socket. Also a hellfire for my DH and a swk ammy for my stupid Monk. 10CC100CHD. I think I may be asking for too much.

How do you get powerleveled? do you need to join 3 70lvl guys?

One's enough, assuming they're geared enough, though 3 is faster. They just do T6 rifts while you stand at the entrance and try not to die basically. Can do it on normal maps too if needed. Damage is so high nowadays it's really easy for people to carry a low level in T6 and still one shot everything. There's powerleveling communities I believe you can join and people carry you for free so they get better xp/drops from having a full party while they're farming keystones or what not.

Also to note, once you have a geared 70, you can upgrade the new season 2 Gem of Ease to 25 and powerlevel yourself to 60 in like 30mins then you can find a carry for the rest or do it yourself too but it's a bit longer. It basically lets you use a 70weapon at level 1 and gives a massive xp/kill bonus.

Is it too much to ask for overwhelming desire? Been farming t6 act3 bounties on my own all day, because pubs only want act1, and none on my clan needs a3 items. Tedious grinding for a follower item.

kuYuri

Both the Meteor Boots and the Shield Bash Bracers are overtuned. They also are basically the same exact item just working for two different skills. I expect a nerf on both of them.

Probably. Remember in the last PTR when M6 was getting changed and it had that bonus where sentries cast your hatred spender when you do and dealt something like 40% increased damage? The extra damage part ended up being removed once the patch went live cause it was so OP.

Enjoy these buffs as they are everyone, a number of them won't make it past PTR!

Jedi2016

Any idea of when 2.2 will go live? What's the historic turnaround time for PTR>Live? Seems to vary anywhere from 30-60 days.

My play style will probably change pretty drastically with the set changes (a set I already have every piece of), and I almost feel like there's not much reason for me to play right now.. there's no real immediate "goal". Might just end up taking a break until 2.2 hits.

Dreavus

Goddamnit.

Find a horde of goblins with conduit active. Go back to town and the game crashes? I don't think I've ever had it crash on me. Would have been a nice boon to my middling WD.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Philos just downed a 51 with the new Demon Hunter set with focus restraint and he says it's not fully optimised gear, so sounds interesting. http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios

Yeah focus and restraint are going to be god tier for IK/Raekor Barb as well, can't wait.

Any idea of when 2.2 will go live? What's the historic turnaround time for PTR>Live? Seems to vary anywhere from 30-60 days.

My play style will probably change pretty drastically with the set changes (a set I already have every piece of), and I almost feel like there's not much reason for me to play right now.. there's no real immediate "goal". Might just end up taking a break until 2.2 hits.

Probably ~2 months, give or take a few weeks.

Dahbomb

Philos just downed a 51 with the new Demon Hunter set with focus restraint and he says it's not fully optimised gear, so sounds interesting. http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios
Yea everyone knows that set has the DPS on paper the problem is that set is just straight up boring. Tieing damage to Discipline is interesting but having a Multishot set when M6 is capable of dishing out good damage with a Multishot build makes this set look mundane in comparison.

joesmokey

After some brief play, I think the Slow Time set will be best used as a secondary support wizard. It simply can't match the damage output of Tal's meteor strikes in its current state. Even the procs from my Shard of Hate seem to do as much or more damage as the magic missile spams with enemies in the slow time bubble.

The buffs that the slow time bubbles give you could be great for a secondary wizard, however I'm not sure if they'll be more beneficial than a WD or other support.

It's nice that there are alternative play styles I guess, but for now in terms of fun factor I'd have to rank them as Tal's 2.0 > Firebird's > Slow Time. Having to accurately place slow time bubbles isn't very fun gameplay as you don't do any damage to enemies that are outside them. Firebird's mobility is certainly preferable to this style of play.

It will be interesting if people can come up with fun competitive build ideas with the Slow Time set. I really hope Tal's stays in its current rendition, however I am sure a nerf will be coming in some form.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
obsidian ring with the rain of vengence items. run rapid fire and yea

cooldown doesnt last long :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom