• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Finally.

MROas8g.jpg

Not perfect, but I'll take it. :)

Yeah I have played it, it speed farms T6 and lower GRs but of course it's not that strong for higher GRs. For non season 2 its pretty good but in Season 2 there are a bunch of speed farm builds with Gungdo Gear that are just strictly better.

Its alright. I'm messing around with it now. I don't have Sunwuko Amulet or L25 Wreath (and my weapon kind of blows, but it is a Schaefer's) but it seems pretty fun. I can see it not being great on higher GRifts but spamming Palm and Wave was so boring I made another character. So messing around with this is pretty fun, it kills trash in T6 pretty quick. With a Furnace or something better than my weapon I could see some crazy speed killing happening.

Awesome. I'm not looking to do high greater rifts or anything for now. Just something different to have fun with.

And on a different note, Kadala finally gave me a Starmetal Kukri! It's not an ancient but I'll take what I can get. :p

Xeteh

Awesome. I'm not looking to do high greater rifts or anything for now. Just something different to have fun with.

And on a different note, Kadala finally gave me a Starmetal Kukri! It's not an ancient but I'll take what I can get. :p

Damn, grats! I never found a Kukri last season and even though I have some alright gear on my WD this time around I don't feel up to trying to farm for one. Especially after seeing how many shards it would take on average to get one from Kadala.

Dahbomb

It finally happened...

A Generator only high GR Monk build is now viable. MAXIMUM ATTACK SPEED, NO CRIT CHANCE ON GEAR BUT STILL HAVE 100% CRIT CHANCE, COMPLETELY IMMORTAL!

tumblr_n0o1l1tHM21rbcb3no3_400.gif

GR 40 demolished with half time remaining.....

With a LVL1 Miranae and no Pain Enhancer LOL!

Build being showcased on Quin69's stream right now by the way.

Finally making a bit of progress with my WD. Managed to finally get enough mat's to craft a usable Aughilds Chest/Bracer and Cains Boots/Pants. Just need a RRoG now, sitting at ~250 keys and I've used at least 30 already and I've had two RRoG drop, both complete junk. The pain of farming it at T1 I guess.

Hopefully once I get the ring ill be able to farm T2 easily enough and increase my chances at getting a MoJ to push me into T3/4.

ViviOggi

Been dying for a half-decent amulet for my Barb, finally an Ouroboros drops, identify, sweet near perfect crit rolls and something useless I can change to socket... oh wait it has dex

BLIZZARD WHY

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
A Generator only high GR Monk build is now viable. MAXIMUM ATTACK SPEED, NO CRIT CHANCE ON GEAR BUT STILL HAVE 100% CRIT CHANCE, COMPLETELY IMMORTAL!

tumblr_n0o1l1tHM21rbcb3no3_400.gif

We are already dead!

Is the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac working? I was thinking that would be great with a high APS build where your only cooldown was Serenity, for example. I would have done that if I was able to get into the game, grumble grumble.

Dahbomb

We are already dead!

Is the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac working? I was thinking that would be create with high APS build where your only cooldown was Serenity, for example.
It's working as it states. As does the crit ring (Broken Promises).

Quin69 basically has a Generator only build for damage. He is getting damage off of Miranae as well.

Broken Promises means he has 100% crit chance because Fist of Fury's DoT counts as an attack too. He is basically never not critting.

Obsidian Ring of Zodiac allows him to have permanent Serenity.

He also has Inna piece plus Crudest Boost (for Mystic Ally Fire damage boost) for maximum Mantra of Conviction stack (which has double stack up all the time because he doesn't spend Spirit on anything).

He basically just needs to spend Cyclone Strike 3 times to have the CD on Serenity refresh and not use any CD skill. He can't use his Mystic Ally active skill because then the Ring starts working on that skill instead of Serenity and he would die.

Since he has no CC on gear he can spec for all attack speed and max crit hit damage. Of course he also has Flying Dragon.

The real issue here is that he has 2 piece Sunwuko which in all honest isn't doing much for him. He should just have the Raiment set glove plus Witching Hour it would push his DPS even further.

The funny part is that he only has a lvl6 Miranae and the build overall isn't even optimized. He could potentially push 50+ with this.

The next order of business is figuring out if this is better with Dual Wield because you have more CHD. As this is 100% CC build that MIGHT actually give more DPS with Sun Keeper and another weapon. Maybe Rogue + Slanderer if they are ancient.

It's good to switch your mentality over to get an idea of what items you should be farming for optimal play. Firebird's and even 2hr's (at least with Tal's current changes) are starting to look a bit obsolete now.

Most people still playing wizards at this point like to maximize their potential, so it makes sense that many would jump to PTR to figure out the new optimal build strategies.

Besides, you can copy your existing characters over to PTR. You can take the huge stash of items you already have and do immediate testing. Only need to farm the new pieces/items.

Oh that's cool. Makes sense if doing a little bit of it here and there.

Raticus79

It's working as it states. As does the crit ring (Broken Promises).

Quin69 basically has a Generator only build for damage. He is getting damage off of Miranae as well.

Broken Promises means he has 100% crit chance because Fist of Fury's DoT counts as an attack too. He is basically never not critting.

Ah, nice. People were thinking in terms of normal attack speeds when calculating the time for the effect to come back up after it drops, but of course we have stuff like WotHF to work with.

joesmokey

Almost cleared GR46 with the Tal's build with a non-ancient weapon. I can definitely get there with a better map. The burst damage Tal's offers is insane. RGs easily die in under a minute.

There are some tweaks to the build that can be made for sure, but it is pretty promising. You die a lot with the build, however you can DPS so quickly that the res timer generally doesn't matter. Trash, when it is spread out, is the biggest issue so far. The new bracers that group up mobs with energy twister helps. If you get a map with a ton of elites though, you're easily golden (jailer is the worst offender here).

It is sad to not be able to use things like Witching Hour, Hellfire Amulet, and normal rings.

I think I'm satisfied with PTR testing until the Slow Time set is available. This makes season 2 a little underwhelming though as the play style doesn't matter anymore.

Dahbomb

Quin's gonna try the build with the Sweeping weapon for a Physical build variant. He said that the SW could tick for like 150 million per second which is basically free DPS on this build.

The final optimal set up for the Holy Fist of the North Star Monk is:

NO CRIT CHANCE ON ANY ITEM, ATTACK SPEED ON EVERY ITEM THAT CAN HAVE IT

You still want some CDR on gear to make things easier.

Shoulder: Raiment
Gloves: Raiment
Chest : Inna's
Helm: Andariels (Holy damage)
Amulet : Flavor of Time (Holy damage, socket, dex, crit damage, attack speed, cooldown is most optimum)
Pants: Inna's
Belt: Witching Hour
Boots: Crudest Boots
Rings: Obsidian and Broken Promise

Weapon: Flying Dragon (until the other combination is tested although that would be a different build altogether) with max attack speed and % damage roll

Active Skills:

Serenity : Rune with longest duration
Mantra of Conviction : Overawe or Mantra of Retribution - Transgression
Dashing Strike : Blazing Fist (one that increases attack speed)
Cyclone Strike : Implosion (for CC and pulling enemies to have more of them around you to optimize kill)
WothT: FoF
Mystic Ally Fire Ally

Passive Skills:

Chant of Resonance (you need this to spam Mantra just enough to that Obsidian resets the CD of Serenity)
Alacrity
STI
Beacon of Ytar

Paragon: On Offensive you want CHD, Attack speed and then CDR. CC is irrelevant. Every option in the defensive tab is irrelevant. In last tab you want AOE Damage, RCR... everything else is irrelevant.

Gems: Pain Enhancer or Bane of Trapped, Golgok of Swiftness, Miranae. Pain Enhancer would be better in the Sweeping Build that will get tested soon.

Dahbomb

Damn. It feels so good to had stuck with a Monk main since the game came out.

Don't get too excited... both of these rings will probably get nerfed.

Though I do hope that their basic function is retained. Having a super CDR ring and a super crit chance ring (as opposed to a super toughness ring (Unity) and a super damage ring (SOJ) is a pretty cool concept as it allows you to bypass some of these stats on your other gear to make some interesting builds while being competitive with the other rings.

Artanisix

"Quin's gonna try the build with the Sweeping weapon for a Physical build variant. He said that the SW could tick for like 150 million per second which is basically free DPS on this build.

The final optimal set up for the Holy Fist of the North Star Monk is:

NO CRIT CHANCE ON ANY ITEM, ATTACK SPEED ON EVERY ITEM THAT CAN HAVE IT

You still want some CDR on gear to make things easier. "

This is my dream build.

joesmokey

I got through PTR GR45 with Tal's and okay gear. Getting the hang of it pretty well.

Some thoughts:
-Being stuck with the Focus+Restraint set really limits gear options.
-Requiring Tal Rasha's Amulet with the two previous rings is really not fun.
-6pc Bonus offers lots of potential for variety with multiple paths to success.
-Instead of paying attention to the mini-map only with Firebird's, you stare at your buff bar almost solely.

I tweaked the build a little bit to suit my gear and play style. I used an ancient Sun Keeper rather than SS+TnT. This lets me use Firebird's gloves and keep the 2 pc resurrection bonus. Hydra doesn't really do much damage at GR45+ anyway, as you're really just waiting to count off the timer until the next meteor attack.

I also switched up Energy Twister for the lightning one so that I could use the arcane Spectral Blade shield. Using the new bracers that has Energy Twister group up mobs is great for CC. I can't believe Energy Twister is actually viable.

Overall I'm pretty pleased. If they offer a 7th piece to Tal's (such as shoulders), I think this will be an incredible update.

I can't wait to see how the slow time set compares.

Raticus79

Well, if anyone's trying to get into PTR, there are still separate queues per difficulty. 20 minutes instead of 2.5 hours if you pick normal, for example. Just stick with GR after getting in. Even T5 is fine (45 minutes), it's just T6 that's way past the rest.

eek5

Well, if anyone's trying to get into PTR, there are still separate queues per difficulty. 20 minutes instead of 2.5 hours if you pick normal, for example. Just stick with GR after getting in. Even T5 is fine (45 minutes), it's just T6 that's way past the rest.

damn nice pro tip. hope i can get in now

Raticus79

I got the obsidian ring + broken promises combo on PTR. It's pretty funny, I can see my damage go from 500k to 2 million when broken promises is active, and then to 4 million when flying dragon kicks in. The serenity's solid, just need to be a bit mindful of it. I think I'll prefer the gameplay of something SWK-based with In-Geom (whenever they get that working).

I think Broken Promises will be used across the board for monks, then either ORZ or RoRG depending on the build.

ferr

This is a wizard thread about wizard changes...

No I'm pretty sure this is a DH thread about DH changes.

I got the obsidian ring + broken promises combo on PTR. It's pretty funny, I can see my damage go from 500k to 2 million when broken promises is active, and then to 4 million when flying dragon kicks in. The serenity's solid, just need to be a bit mindful of it. I think I'll prefer the gameplay of something SWK-based with In-Geom (whenever they get that working).

I think Broken Promises will be used across the board for monks, then either ORZ or RoRG depending on the build.

They have to nerf this with a timer or something, eg effect occurs once every 15 seconds instead of 5 hits. Or just have it increase CC by a fixed amount ie gain 25% CC after 5 non-crit hits, which would make it a nice ring still, but wouldn't make 0CC possible (though that would still allow lowered CC requirements, but maybe not enough to be build changing).

It'd be interesting to have another build changing item, but it seems like it would benefit all classes and completely destroy stat balancing.

I'm starting to think that furnace and SoJ don't exist..

SoJ feels quite rare. Only found 1 in almost 300 paragon levels this season. I have several SoJ's between my non-seasonal accounts, though. Maybe 6 or 7? I've never gotten a Fire SoJ, though. All are Cold, Arcane, or Lightning.

I've never found a Furnace in ~900 paragon levels between seasonal and non-seasonal accounts. I've also never found a Kridershot or a Calamity. Ever. But there are also several items that I've gotten only for the first time recently. Frostburns, Winter Fury Sources, Bombadier's...all obtained for the first time last month after hundreds of hours of play. I almost always get the items I want when the meta has changed. I fully expect to get a Furnace drop on my Wizard once I no longer want one just like a got a Wand of Woh last month (in favor of Rasha's builds) and a Kridershot drop on my DH when I no longer need one.

Krassus

Addnan you grinding 35+ GRifts? Id love to join you if you are. 500+ Para Wiz / Monk here looking to level some gems to 50 tonight.

Let me know or if anyone else is ill pm my info

Dahbomb

The Zodiac ring and the Broken Promise are great rings conceptually in D3 especially in an environment where stuff like RoRG and Unity exist (and now F+R). Rings have become a premium slot for build changing and extremely powerful items.

The problem with the Zodiac and Broken Promise rings are the way they are activated and some of their mechanics.

Broken Promise: Right now this Ring might as well read "Gain 100% Crit chance". The 5 attack pre-requisite might as well not exist because it seems to count basically everything EVEN Follower attacks.

The design of this ring was for fast multi-hitting (but weak) builds especially those that rely on attack speed. Right now it functions with every build because every build in the game is able to dish out a lot of hits per second. The way the ring counts attacks is currently flawed. That is something which should be fixed.

After that they should reduce the CC bonus to 80% max. Even if they change how the ring counts attacks, there will still be builds that will be able to reach that attack threshold and having 100% CC is strictly better than other builds which cap out at 70% CC (effectively speaking).

Zodiac Ring: Another ring that is interesting in design as it basically allows you to greatly lower the CDR of one skill. It does impact a bunch of your skills but the idea behind this ring is that you can't spend resources fast enough to reset all your cooldowns..... except that you can. Many classes have very cheap spells they can spam to reset the cooldown of all their skills. Monks for example can spam Mantra to reset cooldowns and in their case they can successfully reset both Serenity and Epiphany. The challenge then comes from having enough Spirit regen to be able to spam your Spirit dump and Mantra at the same time which is not hard when you are invulnerable and just use Epiphany Insight.

The answer to this is simple... The Ring should only activate its effect if you spend like say 15%-20% of your resource. So if you spend 15% of your resource you can lower one of your cooldowns by 1 second.

This would mean that you are dumping a lot of resources to reset the cooldown of one of your skills and even then you might not succeed as you will probably run out of resource fast.

This is really only broken for classes that have invincibility skills. There's still the issue with the Raekor set though because that set has an inverse relationship with this ring. It basically has all the Fury it needs, it can use this ring to spend some random spender to gain back Furious Charge. However if you are required to spend 15%-20% of your resource to reset by 1 second then it becomes tricky (or some other value).

ferr

This is really only broken for classes that have invincibility skills. There's still the issue with the Raekor set though because that set has an inverse relationship with this ring. It basically has all the Fury it needs, it can use this ring to spend some random spender to gain back Furious Charge. However if you are required to spend 15%-20% of your resource to reset by 1 second then it becomes tricky (or some other value).

I'd say it's broken with some other more subtle things as well. Someone has a DH build that can perma-Vengeance with this ring. Use the +10 Hatred/sec vengeance rune and suddenly you can do something like go perma-LFB I'd imagine.

Raticus79

I'd say it's broken with some other more subtle things as well. Someone has a DH build that can perma-Vengeance with this ring. Use the +10 Hatred/sec vengeance rune and suddenly you can do something like go perma-LFB I'd imagine.

Just bring a crusader along with the ring for Laws of Hope:Stop Time and the group's invincible anyway, so the DH is free to apply it to Vengeance and DPS all day.

Raiment 2 piece is now multiplicative. The dream is real.

Ah, nice, is it worth using Depth Diggers / Simplicity's Strength now?

Apparently the new sets are dropping now too.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16412042010#2

Also saw a report that the affix on In-Geom changed and it now reduces all active cooldowns by 1 second whenever another cooldown skill is used.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2xdhzs/ptr_hotfixed_new_sets_are_dropping/coz5c2f
Interesting change. One long cooldown could be whittled down with a few other short cooldowns (e.g. Eye of Peshkov for frequent Breath of Heaven)

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Addnan you grinding 35+ GRifts? Id love to join you if you are. 500+ Para Wiz / Monk here looking to level some gems to 50 tonight.

Let me know or if anyone else is ill pm my info
I too am hoping to play some GRifts tonight, I am a support crusader. If anyone is interested I would be happy to join.

Hit me up

Dahbomb

It's not worth using Simplicity Strength or Depth Digger because their damage is additive. It's better to use a different gem and Inna's pants (for additional Mantra/Mystic Ally passive damage) over those two.

Big news for Generator Monk on that Raiment change.

That's not even that broken. Monk can do stuff like that without even using the Ring. The real problem is the invulnerable skills. I am surprised though that no one has used this Ring to create a Crusader Bombardment build yet.

Also my fix to the Ring would not allow that to happen.

Edit: Theory crafters on the Monk forum have did the math and concluded that with the new Raiment change, the Generator only Holy Miranae build actually out performs Lightning SWK in terms of single target by quite a margin. Of course SWK still has a huge advantage when it comes to clearing white trash mobs but Holy Raiment generator build is strictly much better in killing the RG. This makes the build very competitive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom