• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Jade Docs were awesome before season 1 begun.

Seeing elite packs, champions or RG's health just vanished after doing the jade combo are amazing.

Was a glass canon tho.

Aren't wizards worse than WD in terms of solo Grifting? Which I assume is the metric used in those last few posts, since T6 is irrelevant for the most part and WD completely crushes T6 with like 6-7 different builds and group grifting is entirely reliant on a WD(granted, it's boring a shit since it's zdps tiki, but still there isn't a way to do high level group grifting competitively without a WD from what I've seen).

Based on the rankings, top wizards are one rank lower than top WDs, who are 2-3ranks lower than the other classes. It's not really a massive difference.

Maledict

Is it me or have wizards gone from being the class with the greatest range of elemental options to the class with the least?

After the expansion launched, they reviewed all the other classes abilities and added elemental options in for almost all of their skills. You can pretty much guarantee there's an elemental option of your choice for every skill.

Wizards on the other hand are totally boned. Most of their abilities still only have one element, or at best also have a fire option (SO MUCH FIRE!). Lightning only has two standard consumers (arcane orb - lightning, arcane torrent - lightening). There's no frost ray version or disintegrate. Same with signiture spells - frost gets three builder options in total out of what, 24 spell options?

The elemental options could do with a real overhaul and review just to open up some more options for the class.

I heard bul kathos wedding band is good
Personally I use thunderfury + wyrdward, with an ess of johan. Packing and stunning, it's not too bad

Don't understand people using azurewrath, what's the point ?

Hi guys, Just wondering what is the best build/gear for a templar follower (im playing barb) for doing the higher GR possible.
common templar setup is azurewrath sword for the freeze proc. Ring would be the oculus ring. Natively rolls with up to 9 attack speed. Then reroll another stat for another 7 attack speed, giving it a total max 16 attack speed. Amulet would be ess of johan for the pull proc. You want him to have more attack speed to proc the freeze and pull. Sometimes, the pull from ess of johan can get you into trouble. Another viable amulet will be overwhelming desire. It procs charm, and is a act 3 bounty reward. Thunderfury sword + wyrdwyrd ring also works.
Shield would be freeze of deflection with chance to block. Also procs freeze when he blocks.

Artanisix

"Blue Post just confirmed that immunity skills are being changed in the next PTR patch. No more invincible Monks, Crusaders, DHs etc.

IMO this is a good change because the Zodiac ring has resulted in a lot of cool builds but also some game breaking ones thanks to invincible skills. They were always a problem in D3 and players could always find a way to have enough CDR to gain perma immunity. This makes the Zodiac still very powerful for some builds while it makes sure that players still concentrate on toughness.

I guess the next order of business for Monks is to start investing in that new Bracer for Generator/Raiment builds because it's like having a Unity combo without taking up a Ring slot."

It'd be a good change if it didn't completely butcher Jade Harvester Witch Doctors.

Getting really sick of WDs constantly having the short end of the stick here.

Whitelines

Neo Member
common templar setup is azurewrath sword for the freeze proc. Ring would be the oculus ring. Natively rolls with up to 9 attack speed. Then reroll another stat for another 7 attack speed, giving it a total max 16 attack speed. Amulet would be ess of johan for the pull proc. You want him to have more attack speed to proc the freeze and pull. Sometimes, the pull from ess of johan can get you into trouble. Another viable amulet will be overwhelming desire. It procs charm, and is a act 3 bounty reward. Thunderfury sword + wyrdwyrd ring also works.
Shield would be freeze of deflection with chance to block. Also procs freeze when he blocks.

Thanks for the answers, gonna equip my ess of johan on him. And pray for the rest ahah.

Grampasso

I finally found a Witching Hour, 30% so it's definitely not optimal but I'll take it (it hadn't a primary stat so I had to reroll %life for it). At least now I can reroll the 47% chd on my unity for a socket without sacrificing too much thanks to the newly acquired belt. Also I still have to replace my weapon, I'm currently going with ancient NAT because I've got no better one.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Link-2866/hero/102681
Any suggestion would be welcome, I've currently beaten GR 34 with relative ease (almost 5 mins), what would be a best second legendary gem to put in the ring before jumping on higher GRs? Zei's,Bane of the Trapped or Taeguk?
Thanks for any response, EU here

Trapped. Polar station triggers it. And work on zei for third gem. I also notice you have the unity scoundrel. Enchantress has crowd control. Templar has heal and resource regen. You might want to gear the folliwers to progress on next grifts. Sultan of blinding sand, oculus ring, and overwhelming desire works well on enchantress.

Grampasso

Trapped. Polar station triggers it. And work on zei for third gem. I also notice you have the unity scoundrel. Enchantress has crowd control. Templar has heal and resource regen. You might want to gear the folliwers to progress on next grifts. Sultan of blinding sand, oculus ring, and overwhelming desire works well on enchantress.
Thanks for the suggestions. About followers I'll try to equip the enchantress though equipping the other followers might be quite difficult because of smart loot :/

Onionkid

kqc2vBB.jpg

Just gambled this on my Seasons DH (which I haven't really played yet, just got her to 70), should I even touch it? I've barely played DH since they changed the Mara set, I'm not sure if Cooldown is still king and I should re-rol the RCR to that, or if I should leave the RCR on there since we're spending now, or if neither one matters and I should re-roll it to AR. If I leave the RCR on there, guess I could just roll the Vit higher, or maybe the thorns damage to a secondary resist or something?

You should roll the Vit off for reduced cooldown. Pretty sure for M6 the ideal shoulder is Dex/Cooldown/RCR/Sentry. Don't worry about AR/Vit.

Thanks for the suggestions. About followers I'll try to equip the enchantress though equipping the other followers might be quite difficult because of smart loot :/
Mainstat actually dont matter on follower. They can have swords, amulet, rings with dex. Just add attack speed so they can proc the charm, blind, freeze, etc. They are not expected for damage. You just want them to proc stuff and use their skills. And if im not mistaken, sultan of blinding sand, thunderfury, and azurwrath can drop on a demonhunter.

Grampasso

Mainstat actually dont matter on follower. They can have swords, amulet, rings with dex. Just add attack speed so they can proc the charm, blind, freeze, etc. They are not expected for damage. You just want them to proc stuff and use their skills. And if im not mistaken, sultan of blinding sand, thunderfury, and azurwrath can drop on a demonhunter.
They can only if smart loot fails you, main stat doesn't worry me (I can just roll a new wiz character and reroll with him to obtain the desired mainstat). So they're really really unlikely to drop on a DH

ElyrionX

The more I read about the new Tal set the more excited I am to try it. I love the meteor concept and the multi-element skill builds it encourages. Can't wait to main Wiz again.

Dahbomb

I got into top 100 ranking for Monk, will get into top 50 by the end of today (43-44).

Doing it with a non Ancient Flying Dragon too so I can push for 50 if I get a great one.

Alright, guess I've had my fill of PTR. Feels way better than live right now though, even without including the crazy droprate. Might not play much more season 2.

Dahbomb

Next PTR patch will be next week.

WW set getting changed, does not require you to Rend to get the WW damage bonus.

Jade Harvest getting new 2PC/4PC bonus to make up for the immunity nerfs.

5 vanilla sets are getting a new piece each so that gearing is easier (that means IK, Tal Rasha, Nat's, Inna's and Zuni).

Consoles getting 2.2 around same time as PC.

Just got a 10% Crit, 98% Crit Chance Mara's...

and it's INT. Thanks smart loot.

Guess it's nice for the Enchantress. Maybe if I play an alt this season (unlikely). But having to roll for main stat when I'd otherwise need to roll for socket or IAS makes it useless.

mercviper

Guess it's nice for the Enchantress. Maybe if I play an alt this season (unlikely). But having to roll for main stat when I'd otherwise need to roll for socket or IAS makes it useless.

CHD is actually bad for helpers since they cap at 100% bonus from items, which you can get on their tokens. >_>

Next PTR patch will be next week.

WW set getting changed, does not require you to Rend to get the WW damage bonus.

Jade Harvest getting new 2PC/4PC bonus to make up for the immunity nerfs.

5 vanilla sets are getting a new piece each so that gearing is easier (that means IK, Tal Rasha, Nat's, Inna's and Zuni).

Consoles getting 2.2 around same time as PC.

Still no news about SWK 6p.. welp.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MibwsmPL_5k

Bul Kathos Wedding ring snapshot exploit found.

Hmm, interesting. I guess it would shake things up a bit, but it's not nearly as powerful as some of the other snapshot swap stuff that's come and gone.

Summary: the ring effect snapshots physical% and elite% when you log in. He swaps to a furnace so the benefit isn't as obvious. It would be much better for a build which normally didn't have much elite% on it.

That guy needs a way to temporarily turn off his subscriber/donation popups, lol.

kuYuri

Reroll the INT to something else like a socket, now you have a Mara that can be useful for any of your characters regardless of class. Mainstay stat on ammy is not that important.

Baliis

Hmm, interesting. I guess it would shake things up a bit, but it's not nearly as powerful as some of the other snapshot swap stuff that's come and gone.

Summary: the ring effect snapshots physical% and elite% when you log in. He swaps to a furnace so the benefit isn't as obvious. It would be much better for a build which normally didn't have much elite% on it.

That guy needs a way to temporarily turn off his subscriber/donation popups, lol.

It might be nice, but giving up unity or SoJ for it? Ehh, idk.

ferr

Seriously? That's going to get hotfixed immediately. For a build with low elite%, just equipping as much elite% gear as possible, even if it's pre-2.0 level 10 gear-- then swapping would have a huge effect.

mercviper

a vit roll within 10 points of the lowest possible, might have been preferable to keep it rather than spirit regen, i dunno

My take on that is this; Vit is useless on weapons and more spirit regen directly correlates to more uptime casting WoL, which is more dps.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
My take on that is this; Vit is useless on weapons and more spirit regen directly correlates to more uptime casting WoL, which is more dps.
Yeah same. And the vit was low and spirit regen was high so now I get nothing but pretty stats

Witching Hour finally dropped for me. Not the best rolls, but I think I'm going to change Magic Missile damage for intelligence so I can share it between my Witch Doctor and Wizard.

wcMoEVQ.jpg

So I'm levelling a DH, and is it weird that I prefer using Cluster Bomb/Strafe/Multishot for my Secondary instead of an actual Secondary? Like, if I have a hatred dump I'd rather use one of those instead of the secondaries there are.(Especially Chakram, most useless secondary ever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom