• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AhVzZKj.jpg

anyone want to donate a ramaladni's gift pls eu hc

god is real

Baliis

So I'm levelling a DH, and is it weird that I prefer using Cluster Bomb/Strafe/Multishot for my Secondary instead of an actual Secondary? Like, if I have a hatred dump I'd rather use one of those instead of the secondaries there are.(Especially Chakram, most useless secondary ever)

No, cluster arrow and multishot are like, the best skills in the game.

So I'm levelling a DH, and is it weird that I prefer using Cluster Bomb/Strafe/Multishot for my Secondary instead of an actual Secondary? Like, if I have a hatred dump I'd rather use one of those instead of the secondaries there are.(Especially Chakram, most useless secondary ever)

Those are the typical secondaries. Though while leveling, I prefer Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrows personally, it has very good coverage and the low cost makes it very manageable before you start getting good regen gear and bat companion+preparation and so on. But once you get to higher levels yeah it's basically replaced by Multishot and Cluster. Strafe people only use for speed clears of outgeared content. Like you can strafe T6 once you're REALLY geared, but for example in season on my DH I had to do the story once for Malthael's crafting drop and I strafed it all in normal for better speed, lets you get some xp and score some legendaries.

The main issues with Chakram and Impale is they hit such a small area of the screen and do kinda meh damage. Impale does pretty ok damage but the piercing one coverage is so small you need to cast it a ton of times and it becomes inefficient, and the other runes are basically unusable other than as single target damage.

Kinda wish they added legendaries that made those skills better. Like throwing 3 knives in an arc with Impale or all runes unlocked would make it a pretty solid contender, as for chakram I think something like firing chakram in all directions and a large damage increase set would be necessary. Maybe something like every mob you hit with a chakram creates a chakram too, though that might end up being super broken.

mercviper

1400 vit is nothing when you have 5000 ?
bullshit

Hey if you put 1400 vit on my shoulders I'd gladly take it. If you want to get max dps you have to take dps where you can, not cut it for survivability. Vit is the worst toughness stat and unless your vit is so low that the trash 1shots you then you don't need it. Most of the 1shot attacks against you are timed and can be avoided with good play so yes, vit is nothing when it's on a weapon.

You never expected to have it on there before and you shouldn't expect to have it on there now. If you do it also locks you in to having vit on future weapons before you can upgrade it because you're using a crutch. Might be different for other classes but as far as monk goes you don't need it.

Dahbomb

Chakram is very viable and strong on PTR because of Sin Seekers and the new DH set plus Focus + Restraint. Not sure if that will stay as is for live. Same for Kridershot + Meticulous Bolts.

Right now for DHs the weakest skills are Spiked Traps, Caltrops, Strafe, Impale and Fan of Knives. That's because non of these skills have items that buff them substantially and most importantly they get no buffs from Sets. Strafe is usable in speed clear builds especially with the Nat's set and Danetta dual wield but that's about it.

They need to make a set that buffs Caltrops + Fan of Knives + Spiked Traps. It can be a trap master set that buffs traps/sharp skills and gives you multiplier on having enemies stuck in traps (sort of like Slow Time but with more options). Strafe should just be rolled into Nat's set.

No idea what they can do with Impale, even if they multiply its damage by 10 it will be a weak skill. Too small of an AOE in a game that has the screen filled with fast, aggressive mobs that can one shot you.

Those are the typical secondaries. Though while leveling, I prefer Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrows personally, it has very good coverage and the low cost makes it very manageable before you start getting good regen gear and bat companion+preparation and so on. But once you get to higher levels yeah it's basically replaced by Multishot and Cluster. Strafe people only use for speed clears of outgeared content. Like you can strafe T6 once you're REALLY geared, but for example in season on my DH I had to do the story once for Malthael's crafting drop and I strafed it all in normal for better speed, lets you get some xp and score some legendaries.

The main issues with Chakram and Impale is they hit such a small area of the screen and do kinda meh damage. Impale does pretty ok damage but the piercing one coverage is so small you need to cast it a ton of times and it becomes inefficient, and the other runes are basically unusable other than as single target damage.

Kinda wish they added legendaries that made those skills better. Like throwing 3 knives in an arc with Impale or all runes unlocked would make it a pretty solid contender, as for chakram I think something like firing chakram in all directions and a large damage increase set would be necessary. Maybe something like every mob you hit with a chakram creates a chakram too, though that might end up being super broken.

Ah ok so I'm not crazy in thinking those are the best spenders. Thanks for the explanations!

Just got a Flying Dragon...

And it's not ancient so I can't really use it over my ancient Sultan of Blinding Sand.

Ancient weapons is the new weapon socket roll. They added ramlalalananana to fix the lack of sockets if you have to reroll another stats which is nice, but by adding ancient weapons they made sure that any weapon that drops and isn't ancient is garbage(at least once you have an ancient one that is) just like weapons without sockets were in the past.

Dahbomb

Flying Dragon also will get use in patch 2.2.

And yeah Blizzard making Ancient weapon roll 30% damage higher was a big mistake. It should've just been stats like the Armor pieces that way it was just something you aimed for in terms of min/maxing stats. As it is the damage boost is so much that you are better off crafting an Ancient than sticking with your old nicely rolled weapon (with few exceptions of course).

Well no, but I'd rather sacrifice DPS on some other item in favor of spirit regen, since DPS is so limited by it.
You don't need spirit regen on items if you have a torch. Like, not at all.
Especially with the upcoming inna's 2p, but well that's out of the question for now, but just saying
Hey if you put 1400 vit on my shoulders I'd gladly take it. If you want to get max dps you have to take dps where you can, not cut it for survivability. Vit is the worst toughness stat and unless your vit is so low that the trash 1shots you then you don't need it. Most of the 1shot attacks against you are timed and can be avoided with good play so yes, vit is nothing when it's on a weapon.

You never expected to have it on there before and you shouldn't expect to have it on there now. If you do it also locks you in to having vit on future weapons before you can upgrade it because you're using a crutch. Might be different for other classes but as far as monk goes you don't need it.

Yeah say that when he dies because he plays in HC.
Also vit worst toughness stat ? Lmao please, 40% toughness increase is sooo bad right
+Armor affixes is the worst toughness stat because of how low the rolls are

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
And yeah Blizzard making Ancient weapon roll 30% damage higher was a big mistake. It should've just been stats like the Armor pieces that way it was just something you aimed for in terms of min/maxing stats. As it is the damage boost is so much that you are better off crafting an Ancient than sticking with your old nicely rolled weapon (with few exceptions of course).

Yeah, it sucks. Used to get excited for well rolled weapons, now every weapon that isn't ancient is automatically shit (unless it's a furnace, but even then it's kind of disappointing lol).

mercviper

You don't need spirit regen on items if you have a torch. Like, not at all.
Especially with the upcoming inna's 2p, but well that's out of the question for now, but just saying

Yeah say that when he dies because he plays in HC.
Also vit worst toughness stat ? Lmao please, 40% toughness increase is sooo bad right
+Armor affixes is the worst toughness stat because of how low the rolls are

Oh, yeah HC is a different matter. I don't play HC and gearing is a whole 'nother ballgame there.

In SC though, vit loses a lot of value once you break the 1hit KO threshold. How many hits are you taking that you need another 40% toughness to stay alive? Yes, 40% extra toughness is going to be bad if it means you can't regen back to 100% in a couple of seconds. Ideally you want to be regenerating the HP loss and getting more vit over armor/res means you need more regen stats to make up for it. Also, the amount of eHP attributes you're forced into on the rest of your gear should be plenty that you don't need it on your weapon.

Gem of Ease is insane. You get to level 20 in like 2 minutes. Left my new seasonal DH at level 55 after just over an hour of played time. Without any outside boost.

Xanathus

FYI your season 1 stuff expires today if you haven't claimed it from your mail. I forgot to clear my HC stuff when the season ended but luckily I remembered about this and managed to get it with 14 hours to spare.

RS4-

Gem of Ease is insane. You get to level 20 in like 2 minutes. Left my new seasonal DH at level 55 after just over an hour of played time. Without any outside boost.

You can get to 40-50s depending on the cursed chest or shrine event. Whatever the kill 100 thing is.

It's just the usual shit grind after that unless you have equipment stashed or you craft - level stuff.

IceMarker

Anybody awake on NA-GAF want to help power level a fresh seasonal character for their officer right now? I'm in clan chat. Doesn't have to be all the way to 70 I just need a booster! <3

Grampasso

Ooooh this is great news, on the PTR they'll be adding a 7th piece to Vanilla sets so the weapons/jewels won't be needed to get the full set bonus! No need for NAT weapon anymore!
Didn't anyone notice this? I think it's pretty big!
These will be the other pieces they'll be adding:
  • Immortal King's Call - Legs
  • Inna's Mantray - Hands
  • Natalya's Vengeance - Hands
  • Tal Rasha's Elements - Hands
  • Zunimassa's Haunt - Legs
The pieces conflicting with new class specific non set legendaries will be shifted, so DHs will get a new legendary belt instead of gloves, barbarians will get leg bracers and WDs will get leg belt

ferrx

Ooooh this is great news, on the PTR they'll be adding a 7th piece to Vanilla sets so the weapons/jewels won't be needed to get the full set bonus! No need for NAT weapon anymore!
  • Inna's Mantray - Hands
The pieces conflicting with new class specific non set legendaries will be shifted, so DHs will get a new legendary belt instead of gloves, barbarians will get leg bracers and WDs will get leg belt

Holy shit! This is cool. Dh was getting caltrop belt already, maybe two belts now?

Grampasso

Holy shit! This is cool. Dh was getting caltrop belt already, maybe two belts now?
Yes, so we'll have to choose between the belt of the rain or the caltrops one. But if you're going for full Nat I suppose it's a no brainer to get the rain one =)

• Inna's Mantray - Hands
Nice. Now I don't have to work to get an innas wep. I'll keep my 4300 dmg wep and like it.

Krassus

Jumped like 600 spots on the barb leader boards tonight. Not too shabby. Still can't believe that 44 though. Insane density + conduit
against Stonesinger.

Do you use phys % or fire % damage? Wondering what way to go, I have both SoJ's but I was thinking fire % would be better because of the ancients.

Baliis

Do you use phys % or fire % damage? Wondering what way to go, I have both SoJ's but I was thinking fire % would be better because of the ancients.

I use physical, then pylons on the RG. If I don't have the pylons, I'm not killing him in time anyways.

Popnbake

How should I reroll this SoJ?

Currently using a lightning tempest rush monk (+28% lightning atm) and rerolling the holy% to lightning% will
also benefit an ancient wall of light build.

It's also replacing a ring that had crit% chance so would rerolling the area damage to crit%
chance be a better option?

w4ttsup

I use physical, then pylons on the RG. If I don't have the pylons, I'm not killing him in time anyways.

Pretty much hit my ceiling at 42 without pylon hunting. I'm hoping the new IK set will alleviate some of the single target issues Raekor has.

Currently using a lightning tempest rush monk (+28% lightning atm) and rerolling the holy% to lightning% will

It's also replacing a ring that had crit% chance so would rerolling the area damage to crit%

Don't use it, you can't get lightning and socket
You need socket no matter what, and a SoJ with just elite damage is pretty shit
Take a ring with dex/chc/chd/socket instead.

Popnbake

Don't use it, you can't get lightning and socket
You need socket no matter what, and a SoJ with just elite damage is pretty shit
Take a ring with dex/chc/chd/socket instead.

If I don't currently have a ring with dex/chc/chd/socket (just one with dex/chc/socket) would the SoJ's elite damage/socket combination be a better replacement until then?

ferr

Yes, so we'll have to choose between the belt of the rain or the caltrops one. But if you're going for full Nat I suppose it's a no brainer to get the rain one =)

And my guess is that using F+R and keeping Slayer might end up being optimal for full nat set. Tons of options with this, either way..

Krassus

Pretty much hit my ceiling at 42 without pylon hunting. I'm hoping the new IK set will alleviate some of the single target issues Raekor has.

It did on PTR, I did up to GR47 with the new IK / Rend setup and could have done higher with the right gear and time to tweak it.

Baliis

Yup, 42 was the last RG I actually killed it it took 9 mins or so. The 44 i did was a conduit, and the 46 was a conduit + power

Begaria

So I run Fire Raekkor's, wielding a Maximus (I've never found a Furnace). Hadn't found a Maximus since Ancient legendaries went live. I play softcore, non-seasonal as I just like to progress a character. Was playing last night with my wife and brother in law. Good night for legendaries, was having a fun time, then it happened.

*DING* Two Handed Sword

*notices the graphic*

"Oh cool, another Maximus, let's hope..."

11018627_10152978882156077_6312678360073399778_n.jpg

Yeah. It rolled with 8% damage initially, which I rerolled to 10%, and used a Gift on. Not quite as high max damage as that Daibo that was posted earlier, but it still made my night.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Yeah. It rolled with 8% damage initially, which I rerolled to 10%, and used a Gift on. Not quite as high max damage as that Daibo that was posted earlier, but it still made my night.
Well you've got me best so far as I have yet to find a ramaladnis gift so mine is still chillin in the chest

Zemm

Heeeey

I haven't played this game in ages but felt a sudden urge to start it up again, going to start a Season 2 character but I don't know which classes are fun and interesting anymore. What would you say is the most fun class with the most interesting skills and items?

Thank you in advance.

Radec

Heeeey

I haven't played this game in ages but felt a sudden urge to start it up again, going to start a Season 2 character but I don't know which classes are fun and interesting anymore. What would you say is the most fun class with the most interesting skills and items?

Thank you in advance.

Monk.

Watching creeps on your screen explodes is amazing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Got boosted by a friendly GAFfer (shout out to Rog) on my monk, while he was also playing monk, and a Torch dropped that he didn't need. Super lucky! Start 70 off being able to solo T3 with ease, good shit.

Dahbomb

I would just save it for 2.2 season. You can roll off area damage to socket and that's about it. For Lightning Rush Monk it's pretty bad.

For all the progress they've made on D3 since launch, I still feel like it's missing something to really create longevity. Patch 2.2 will be good for sure, but I'm thinking more about at least one more feature/system of something to do at endgame. Just pushing higher GRs doesn't interest me so much and gets stale. Ubers and Hellfire Amulets/Rings are so convoluted/time-consuming that they don't feel worth doing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
For all the progress they've made on D3 since launch, I still feel like it's missing something to really create longevity. Patch 2.2 will be good for sure, but I'm thinking more about at least one more feature/system of something to do at endgame. Just pushing higher GRs doesn't interest me so much and gets stale. Ubers and Hellfire Amulets/Rings are so convoluted/time-consuming that they don't feel worth doing.

What though? It's a loot game, once you have all the stuff you want all that's left to do is min/max and see how high you can push yourself. I'm happy to come back to it every few months, play it for a few weeks and put it down once I feel I've had enough. Would you want to play it year-round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom