• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

What should I roll on this?

S3LQkrI.jpg
I personally would change Multishot to CA but the Quiver is very good as it is.

Celegus

Yeah. It rolled with 8% damage initially, which I rerolled to 10%, and used a Gift on. Not quite as high max damage as that Daibo that was posted earlier, but it still made my night.

Don't want to rain on your parade too much, but rerolling the base damage would have been a much better option than going from 8 > 10% +damage roll. People seem to forget about that.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Finally got a Ramaladni's gift for my stupidly good torch. Now I kinda feel like there's not much left to do except to roll slightly better versions of the gear I already have, slowly tightening the noose on what there is left to accomplish. Or alternatively roll a new character.

I must say I am sorely tempted to just kill myself with the weapon equipped.

Begaria

Don't want to rain on your parade too much, but rerolling the base damage would have been a much better option than going from 8 > 10% +damage roll. People seem to forget about that.

Oh yeah, I guess I could've done that and tried for a reroll to hit the max fire damage. Ha! Totally didn't even think of that until you said something. Oh well, still happy with it.

MrDaravon

Man I'd forgotten how ridiculously OP DH is. Finally got my Monk in a decent place (still needs work though, need a decent SWK ammy and ancient Torch). Between donations and gambling I got my DH a full Mara set and Rucksack just from gambling without ever actually playing her, including near perfect ancient mara helm, shoulders and gloves and very good non-ancient chest/pants/boots. Then I crafted a solid (but not godtier) Arcane Barb and threw a socket on it. Immediately melting T6 which is hardly surprising, but way faster than my fairly decent Monk is able to do. It's a bit tricky getting used to the gameplay again though, and I'd forgotten how fragile you are, especially compared to Monks >_>

But yeah, just from donations and gambling my seasons DH with zero gametime past hitting 70 completely dumps on my non-Seasons DH that has like 1400 hours on it. The vicious gearing cycle continues.

What though? It's a loot game, once you have all the stuff you want all that's left to do is min/max and see how high you can push yourself. I'm happy to come back to it every few months, play it for a few weeks and put it down once I feel I've had enough. Would you want to play it year-round?

Actual PvP maybe, whether deathmatch or something more Dota-ish. Seasons with extra twists ala the leagues in PoE. Just to name a couple things.

In other news, my new DH is about as geared as my Monk in 5 hours of total play time compared to 38. Albeit some stuff was hand-me-down. Still feels weird.

Grampasso

So I run Fire Raekkor's, wielding a Maximus (I've never found a Furnace). Hadn't found a Maximus since Ancient legendaries went live. I play softcore, non-seasonal as I just like to progress a character. Was playing last night with my wife and brother in law. Good night for legendaries, was having a fun time, then it happened.

*DING* Two Handed Sword

*notices the graphic*

"Oh cool, another Maximus, let's hope..."

11018627_10152978882156077_6312678360073399778_n.jpg

Yeah. It rolled with 8% damage initially, which I rerolled to 10%, and used a Gift on. Not quite as high max damage as that Daibo that was posted earlier, but it still made my night.
Not sure it was the wisest choice, since you already had 8% rerolling the dmg would have meant 80/100 dps more without much hassle. I know the difference would have probably be trivial, but at highest GRs min/maxing and tweaking would made the difference. (i.e. you could have reached 4368.1 dps with perfect dmg roll. Since it would have been unrealistic to roll perfect dmg, something in the 4300dps range would have been enough to be better than 10% dmg).

And my guess is that using F+R and keeping Slayer might end up being optimal for full nat set. Tons of options with this, either way..
Why do you say so? I understand 50% increased dmg is good, but it's only at full resource so are you going to give up the survivability of unity for that? Or are they changing the bonus on the 2 rings?

Grampasso

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vbzAzLqJEcpo958QIiJTiL10d7eCunAV-qnw8IOLkVo/edit?pli=1#gid=0

this spreadsheet to re-roll max weapon damage is pretty useful

whats the best way to level a new toon?

It depends if you have access to gem of ease or not, if you have it put it in a lv 70 weapon and give it to yor lv1 char.
Otherwise, assuming you already have unlocked adventure mode and have access to some of the most powerwul gems (red ones) and recipes (cain), start adventure mode and try to obtain socketed equipment as soon as you can and put in them the highest main stat boosting gems you have. Use exp enhancing gem in helm, red gem in weapon and craft cain's set for exp boost. Hellfire Ring would obviously help.

Whitelines

Neo Member
It depends if you have access to gem of ease or not, if you have it put it in a lv 70 weapon and give it to yor lv1 char.
Otherwise, assuming you already have unlocked adventure mode and have access to some of the most powerwul gems (red ones) and recipes (cain), start adventure mode and try to obtain socketed equipment as soon as you can and put in them the highest main stat boosting gems you have. Use exp enhancing gem in helm, red gem in weapon and craft cain's set for exp boost. Hellfire Ring would obviously help.

Gonna level up my Gem of ease to 25 and give it a shot

Begaria

Not sure it was the wisest choice, since you already had 8% rerolling the dmg would have meant 80/100 dps more without much hassle. I know the difference would have probably be trivial, but at highest GRs min/maxing and tweaking would made the difference. (i.e. you could have reached 4368.1 dps with perfect dmg roll. Since it would have been unrealistic to roll perfect dmg, something in the 4300dps range would have been enough to be better than 10% dmg).

Yeaaahh, Celegus pointed that out to me earlier. I'm still happy with the weapon and while an extra 100DPS would've been nice, it's still better than what I had (a ~3700 DPS maximus with much lower strength and crappy secondaries). I don't often run GRifts, as I don't view Diablo 3 as a competitive game. I just like running normal rifts and bounties to up my Paragon level. Thanks for the point out though.

Grampasso

Yeaaahh, Celegus pointed that out to me earlier. I'm still happy with the weapon and while an extra 100DPS would've been nice, it's still better than what I had (a ~3700 DPS maximus with much lower strength and crappy secondaries). I don't often run GRifts, as I don't view Diablo 3 as a competitive game. I just like running normal rifts and bounties to up my Paragon level. Thanks for the point out though.
Sorry I didn't notice his reply since your post wasn't quoted. Anyway like Whitelines said, that spreadsheet is 100% accurate to calculate the best options for rerolling weapons, ancient and normal.

Grampasso

Got a demon hunter to 70, where do I start with my gear? I'm currently using leftovers from my monk and don't even have enough gems to properly socket anything :(

This is the profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Splatbang-2980/hero/56439186

Swap the weapons (the skills potency is calculated on MH weapon and the offhand is ignored), get a socket with emerald in danetta as well, get rid of IAS and get chr/chd instead if you can, decide if you're going for fire or for cold (both specs are viable but I'd say go for cold). Change the generator to evasive fire - focus, which is cold damage and will net you more hatred. Later you'll want to change some of your skills to something more defensive (like ambush for awareness).

ferr

Why do you say so? I understand 50% increased dmg is good, but it's only at full resource so are you going to give up the survivability of unity for that? Or are they changing the bonus on the 2 rings?

I feel like there's a pattern showing up of only needing one major survival option: double unity, UE set's defensive bonus, gloves (belt?) of the rain's RoV def bonus, avarice+goldwrap (for T6), etc.

With the nat set you get that RoV+belt affix defensive bonus. That might be enough to make unity irrelevant, or at the least, matter much less. I bring up R+F because of what I've heard of how OP it is in PTR, didn't try it myself. It is 150% on PTR last I checked, not 50%.

Grampasso

I feel like there's a pattern showing up of only needing one major survival option: double unity, UE set's defensive bonus, gloves (belt?) of the rain's RoV def bonus, avarice+goldwrap (for T6), etc.

With the nat set you get that RoV+belt affix defensive bonus. That might be enough to make unity irrelevant, or at the least, matter much less. I bring up R+F because of what I've heard of how OP it is in PTR, didn't try it myself. It is 150% on PTR last I checked, not 50%.
Yeah didn't notice they had completely redisigned the bonus, now it's "All of your damage is increased by up to 150% based on how much primary resource you have"... which could be quite OP if we can always stay at 50%+ hatred

ferr

Yeah didn't notice they had completely redisigned the bonus, now it's "All of your damage is increased by up to 150% based on how much primary resource you have"... which could be quite OP if we can always stay at 50%+ hatred

Oh yeah- it's been a big deal on the PTR, I've already forgotten the old design for F+R.

Grampasso

Oh yeah- it's been a big deal on the PTR, I've already forgotten the old design for F+R.
At this point I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have a 2nd ancient hand crossbow with another 130% CHD. Going for 50+/500+ CHC/CHD would be insane (and easily feasible with a bit of luck on rolls).

Zemm

How long do we think this season will last? Should I carry on (only level 15 right now) or is it going to be a waste of time because it'll reset soon?

ferr

At this point I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have a 2nd ancient hand crossbow with another 130% CHD. Going for 50+/500+ CHC/CHD would be insane (and easily feasible with a bit of luck on rolls).

Yeah that's true. You'd lose some quiver CHC, but the CHD gem would outweigh that and 50/500 should be achievable. Calamity or Balefire on OH would be nice.

Syntek

The PTR version of F+R is somewhat overbuffed.

Obviously, the value of the "off-piece" will vary per class/builds. But with respect to M6, my numbers suggest that I only need ~30% resource using the 2.2 F+R to beat a perfect Trio of RROG + SOJ + Cindercoat. That's not hard to do at all.

People say that it's great that there is finally an alternative for RROG + SOJ. As it stands on the PTR, F+R is more like a direct replacement. Using anything other than F+R is basically along the same lines as rolling VIT over a socket on a weapon.

Dahbomb

Well on PTR 2.2, the two best ring combinations are F+R and Broken Promise + Ring of Zodiac. Although RoZ will be much less valuable with the invincible skills getting nerfed.

Broken Promise is still a good alternative to F+R but aside from that there isn't much to compete against F+R. Some builds are good with RoRG because stuff like the IK 2 piece are very good now but even a pet based Barb does extremely well with F+R.

I think F+R should be 100% damage instead of 150% like they originally intended.

Are they changing CDR of all skills or just the immunity ones? I want to be able to have perma up time of epiphany.

They only mentionned the immunity ones, I think they're fine with the other stuff becoming perma, which is why they added perma wotb setup for example.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think F+R should be 100% damage instead of 150% like they originally intended.

Yeah, probably. I think their thoughts were that most people would be benefiting from +100% damage with a cap of 150% (50% with a cap of 100%), on average, as they use spenders in their build, but 150% is so good that it encourages exclusively using builds that keep you at or close to full resource (not to mention many many sets are for full resource builds anyhow).

joesmokey

Back to the fold after missing the last week.

I see it's confirmed that Tal's is getting a 7th piece (gloves). Did I miss any other PTR news?

The hunt for an ancient furnace continues...

Begaria

Psh, Ancient Furnace. I've never seen the normal one drop me in the entire time I've played Reaper of Souls since it launched.

Dahbomb

Back to the fold after missing the last week.

I see it's confirmed that Tal's is getting a 7th piece (gloves). Did I miss any other PTR news?

The hunt for an ancient furnace continues...
They are nerfing all Invincible skills so that people can't be immortal with the Ring of Zodiac.

All the Vanilla sets are getting an extra piece.

They are thinking about bringing the PTR Legendary drop buff back but things might change the next time around. Last time too many people tested on the PTR just to try out the Legendary drop rate which resulted in long queue times.

The Blizzcon Elemental ring is getting changed, mostly visual aura to indicate which element is being buffed so that you don't have to look at your bar to see which element is buffed.

Jade Harvest set is getting new 2pc and new 4 pc bonuses.

They are putting out a patch to improve the performance on the PTR (thank god as it was damn near unplayable at times even with a good rig).

Probably going to buff the Arcstone ring as well as everyone thinks it's crap (because it is).

They are going to swap the 4 pc and 6 pc bonus for the Raiment set.

WW Barb set is getting changed. You don't need to apply Rend to get the WW bonus damage. Don't remember much else about it.

In any case a substantial PTR patch is coming next week, probably on Tuesday when it normally drops. They have said a lot more changes than those listed will be coming in it.

joesmokey

They should just have a vendor where you can buy the sets. It is true that most people are playing not to test the changes but to see all the leg drops.

Ugh. Full Blackthorne's, full Shadow's Mantle (which is shitty), only one piece (shoulders) of Marauder's. And I need a Bombadier's Rucksack too.

On the upside, I have a really good Tasker and Theo. 10% Crit, 49% CHD, 7% IAS. 46% on the pet attacl speed. Dex is a little low though at 687. I also have a pretty decent Witching Hour. Gonna need to farm a better RoRG than the one I had on my Monk, which I'm dreading a bit, but I have to actually you know, get set pieces I need first.

Jedi2016

Tasked and theo is not something demon hunters run these days.
Sometimes it's nice to play a particular way because it's fun for you, not because it's what you're "supposed" to do. It's the reason I'm running a WW barb right now, even though WW isn't "meta" right now.

Syntek

Yeah, 100% is about right.

At 100% bonus, F+R still provides a huge boost over RROG-setups if you maintain a generator/spender cycle to keep resource ~in the 70-80% mark. I'd say it's probably still too big of a boost considering how easily that can be accomplished.

At 150% bonus, on average you will come out ahead of RROG-setups even if you don't pay attention to resources.

The idea is to create choices. You want to reward players for managing their resources, but you don't want to make that reward so big that it starts benefiting every playstyles.

MrDaravon

Sometimes it's nice to play a particular way because it's fun for you, not because it's what you're "supposed" to do. It's the reason I'm running a WW barb right now, even though WW isn't "meta" right now.

But running Taskers isn't like running an uncommon/unpopular build or skill setup that's not optimal; it's just a single specific piece of gear which is only special because it affects pet attack speed which is literally useless for DH now. Unless it is just stat-wise the best gloves have you before getting Mara gloves there is absolutely no reason to ever equip them now.

th3dude

Starting to play again after a loooong time and started a brand new S2 character. Anyone got any groups or clans they play in? Would love to have some folks to play with again.

I really enjoy my zdps monk build.

Frostburn + Azurewrath + + rimeheart + cold crippling and cold cyclone + cold sweeping + flesh is weak EP

4 piece innas bonus and 4 piece blackthorne bonus. Still waiting on an SWK ammy. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom