• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly couldn't give less fucks about seasons, I played S2 and having to restart every time is such a chore, esp the level 1 -> T6 grind

While I agree, seasons splinters off enough players that it becomes worth it for me. S1 and S2 I had virtually nobody to play with online. S3 I played with my friends again.

evilalien

Perma CC is maybe stupid, but so is gameplay where you have to kite packs around the map while slowly chipping their HP down because if even one of them hit you it means your corpse is next thing flying in the air. If they have found good balance between the two extremes cool, but if they have overdone CC nerfs then T6+ will be utter pain to do with some classes.

Have you even played on the PTR? Every single class can trivialize T10, and only when pushing greater rifts higher than 65 do things become a pain, but that would happen with or without the CC nerfs (which were necessary).

Tovarisc

Have you even played on the PTR? Every single class can trivialize T10, and only when pushing greater rifts higher than 65 do things become a pain, but that would happen with or without the CC nerfs (which were necessary).

You also know that PTR usually has insanely increased drop rates and such to get characters decked out fast? Your power progression curve won't be as steep in Live and CC nerfs may actually affect your experience <=T10 negatively.

Also if you read my earlier comments you would know I didn't play PTR or really follow it, just read and heard some impressions from people.

evilalien

You also know that PTR usually has insanely increased drop rates and such to get characters decked out fast? Your power progression curve won't be as steep in Live and CC nerfs may actually affect your experience <=T10 negatively.

That doesn't matter in the slightest. T10 is the equivalent of a GR45 which was easy for every class even in Season 3. Add in the cube and the enemy damage nerfs and it won't take anywhere near top end equipment to be able to do T10 even with some CC nerfs. I have no doubt that I will be T10 capable within a week of Season 4 starting.

ZenaxPure

That doesn't matter in the slightest. T10 is the equivalent of a GR45 which was easy for every class even in Season 3. Add in the cube and the enemy damage nerfs and it won't take anywhere near top end equipment to be able to do T10 even with some CC nerfs. I have no doubt that I will be T10 capable within a week of Season 4 starting.

Pretty much lol, been saying this for a while but I guess some people need to see it with their own eyes first. T10 was already easily doable for every class in S3 and they are nerfing so many damage related things that it should just make it that much easier to dive into. The biggest thing is probably them "significantly" nerfing mob damage in GRs 25+ but there is a lot of other minor things that will help like jailer nerfs + bosses no longer being able to shoot spread projectiles on melee with little warning.

neoism

NA servers are live if anybody was waiting.

oh yeahhhh.. I haven't touched d3 in 3 months... cant wait gonna clean house and see whats new and wait til Friday... really a shame it could have came 4 weeks ago or something come Sep 1st im dun for awhile lol :p

Sober

Also if you read my earlier comments you would know I didn't play PTR or really follow it, just read and heard some impressions from people.

T6 is a joke these days. T10 will probably be a joke to people who can't even crack GR35 in S3. T10 with my imported wizard which I had since vanilla and has done GR45+ can handle T10 with some care, but is still fairly straightfoward. I mean I set it to T9 just to make farming even faster.

Xanathus

It's really annoying having to put all the crafting mats into the cube, are there any tips to speed up Legendary power extraction? I vaguely recall reading someone mentioning a tip about this on r/diablo during the PTR.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It's really annoying having to put all the crafting mats into the cube, are there any tips to speed up Legendary power extraction? I vaguely recall reading someone mentioning a tip about this on r/diablo during the PTR.

You don't have to use the precise number. Just keep your six mats in a block in your inventory, then right click them all and your item into the cube. It'll only consume the required amount.

At one point, it would leave the mats in the cube afterward (saved a bunch of clicking), but they removed that for some reason.

Wait, my existing (greater) keystones will be converted to, what, exactly?

Generic GR keystones which you can use to open any level GR.

They really need to give a chest per character in the next "big" patch and one shared chest...
It's hell if you like playing more than two classes

i havent gotten an update yet

is EU behind as usual?

yeah fuck europe as always
ld.png

Jrmint

Could any mod in the D3 community help me out?

I play with a group of 3 other people and 3 of us are in the clan, our 4th guy has applied to Gaf and not been activated on here yet. His Gaf name is Vanzir, do you think if a mod reads this today they could activate him so that we can get him in the clan while there is an opening?

I'll add his bnet battle tag when I get home, I don't have it with me at the moment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
one day I would love to know blizzard's reasoning to all their games being 1 day late in the EU. I really would

neoism

wow man i am sad... its almost too much hassle to get those mats.. :*(

WHY blizzard why are you gonna make me play act 4 again.... their should have been something like trade in 3 of say act 1 for act 4... I usually only ever did act 1 and 2 caches... this way people could farm their fav acts and not make them play others...
:*(

Begaria

Only had enough time during my lunch break to clear out the new area, grab the cube, and try out a couple of recipes. Pretty cool addition. Looking forward to doing the bounties again to get some crafting recipes and cool shit to put in the cube.

neoism

Only had enough time during my lunch break to clear out the new area, grab the cube, and try out a couple of recipes. Pretty cool addition. Looking forward to doing the bounties again to get some crafting recipes and cool shit to put in the cube.

is the skeleton king Jr suppose to be just their until later... I found the cave with the cube and then got the the throne room but he didnt do anythang... just set there?

RS4-

Well this is unfortunate, thought I had a spare Calamity sitting in inventory.

Is there a list of the best legs to extract? Calamity, Furnace, what else?

The worst part about that gap in between one season ending and one starting is trying to get your stash in order.

I spent over an hour doing just this last night. 5 tabs is not enough unless you play two character types. If you toy around with 4 or more you're going to have cramped space.

I play with a group of 3 other people and 3 of us are in the clan, our 4th guy has applied to Gaf and not been activated on here yet. His Gaf name is Vanzir, do you think if a mod reads this today they could activate him so that we can get him in the clan while there is an opening?

I'll add his bnet battle tag when I get home, I don't have it with me at the moment.

When Opiate played a ton I asked him to approve Raticus. Any mods still play this?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I shall do the stupidest and funnest build ever tomorow with the cube, I shall use all the pets in the game, mimic procs, skeleton procs, all of the pets! it will be glorious

Opiate

Junior, was Vanzir the guy who was denied? I got one of your friends expedited, but I believe Vanzir needed to sign up with a different email.

I usually played the new seasons and quite intensely so. Not this time around. If Blizzard made a lot of quality of life changes concerning stash, collection and use of legendary gems and so on and so forth, sure. But I just cannot be bothered to go through this initial phase again of collection a quadrillion legendary gems, leveling a bunch of them up to something useful etc. Don't wanna invest as much time anyways, so I'll just try to give this HotA Barb build a try since I've got a quite well rolled ancient weapon for it and try to see how far I get in GRs. Same with DH.

Oh since I'm also mostly a solo player I'm also just too annoyed at the ridiculously large experience bonus for group playing. That and more stash space is so indefensibly stupid on Blizzard's side :/

Jrmint

Junior, was Vanzir the guy who was denied? I got one of your friends expedited, but I believe Vanzir needed to sign up with a different email.
Yes he ended up signing up with a different email which was approved, he's just waiting for activation.

His battle tag is Vanz#1302

KarmaCow

Can someone add me to the Main NeoGAF clan? I'm guessing there is more room in main one now and the spill over clan is pretty much dead. My Battle.net ID is KarmaCow#1953

Dreavus

is the skeleton king Jr suppose to be just their until later... I found the cave with the cube and then got the the throne room but he didnt do anythang... just set there?

I also thought the king was supposed to do something, but I think it's just there as a cool little set piece. Possibly for a bounty also? No idea.

neoism

well i got a shoulder of the new monk set.... nothing to do until...season 4 not gonna waste meh time on non seasons...t6 lol I'm doing 10-50 bil crit hits with my primary skills...my ice palm is doing 300 bil plus... lol I can get to t7 will need the cube to get higher...

Conceptor

started playing this again after not touching the game since they added ilvl63 drop rate fixes and im enjoying the expansion so far

ive gotten more legendaries and set items in 1 day than i ever got back during vanilla

was playing with a friend and we found a portal to some goblin world with lots of $$$ - are those rare? or how can we trigger these? it was the first time my friend had seen this too despite being paragon 400+

Tovarisc

was playing with a friend and we found a portal to some goblin world with lots of $$$ - are those rare? or how can we trigger these? it was the first time my friend had seen this too despite being paragon 400+

Those portals can spawn from any goblin kill you do in the world, but are quite rare occurance. With that new Cube you apparently can open portal into that realm if you use Puzzle Ring with that cube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom