• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Started on some of my old characters but my entire stash is full of legendaries and I'm just kind of overwhelmed... just gonna wait for the season to start so I can begin fresh.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, so I messed around with the cube some last night, it's confusing at first but I have my head around it for the most part now. With regards to collecting the new materials needed to use the cube, am I correct in understanding that the best way to farm them is this:

- for gem conversions: buy the ingredients from Squirt the Peddler in town
- for item recipes: farm adventure mode bounties for the Horadric Caches and Bonus Caches

With regard to the bounty caches, the drop rate breakedown is this:

Torment 1-2: how many mats drop?
Torment 3-6: 3 mats from the Horadric Cache and 3 mats from the Bonus Cache for a total of 6
Torment 7-10: 4 mats from the Horadric Cache and 4 mats from the Bonus Cache for a total of 8

So, if all you want is tons of cube materials, wouldn't the best method be to simply run T3 bounties as fast as possible, unless you were so incredibly geared that T7 melts before your feet too, then go that way. Is this correct?

evilalien

So, if all you want is tons of cube materials, wouldn't the best method be to simply run T3 bounties as fast as possible, unless you were so incredibly geared that T7 melts before your feet too, then go that way. Is this correct?

With the cube, it isn't hard to clear T7 bounties as fast as T3. It's only a Grift 30 in terms of difficulty. But yeah, when you are still gearing up, you should be doing T3 for mats.

RS4-

Feels bad, getting rid of my Shenlong pieces a while ago. But yeah, t1-6 give 3 mats, doubled if bonus. t7-10 is 4/8.

The real rng is the bounties and maps.

Robin64

So I'm thinking about doing Season 4, never done a season character before, so if I get one those season legendaries, can all my characters use it or is it only for season use?

Once the season ends and the character becomes a non-season character, you can then use it on all your characters. (Except for future season ones)

ZenaxPure

Dunno if it is a problem in other acts but I have had 2 different bounties in Act V just bug out and not appear. No arrow on the map and exploring 100% of the map I can't find it anywhere. Really bumming me out.

RS4-

Dunno if it is a problem in other acts but I have had 2 different bounties in Act V just bug out and not appear. No arrow on the map and exploring 100% of the map I can't find it anywhere. Really bumming me out.

I sorta like that they put the "GO HERE!!!" thing on the map after like two mins (compared to what felt like 10 previously). But man, they still have the awful 'clear all enemies' bounties, a3 is still the worst.

Haven't had anything glitch on me yet. Then again, I only ran a5 once so far.

w4ttsup

Can't remember as I'm at work atm, but doesn't the Bonus Act change after you complete whichever Act the original Bonus was on?

So I guess as long as you're willing to complete all 5 Act bounties consecutively, then you'll always get the double bonus amount.

ZenaxPure

Can't remember as I'm at work atm, but doesn't the Bonus Act change after you complete whichever Act the original Bonus was on?

So I guess as long as you're willing to complete all 5 Act bounties consecutively, then you'll always get the double bonus amount.

Yeah that is how it works. Makes farming them a lot easier.

Okay, so I messed around with the cube some last night, it's confusing at first but I have my head around it for the most part now. With regards to collecting the new materials needed to use the cube, am I correct in understanding that the best way to farm them is this:

- for gem conversions: buy the ingredients from Squirt the Peddler in town
- for item recipes: farm adventure mode bounties for the Horadric Caches and Bonus Caches

With regard to the bounty caches, the drop rate breakedown is this:

Torment 1-2: how many mats drop?
Torment 3-6: 3 mats from the Horadric Cache and 3 mats from the Bonus Cache for a total of 6
Torment 7-10: 4 mats from the Horadric Cache and 4 mats from the Bonus Cache for a total of 8

1-2 is 3 mats too, so you'd run T1, unless you also want legendaries, then T2 is a lot better iirc, something like T1 is 10% for leg and T2 is 50% so that's quite a few souls. Eventually though you can run T7 at the same speed as T1 so it becomes pointless to run anything below.

Haven't tested but I assume pre 60/70 is 1mat and 70 below torment is 2 or something like this.

RS4-

Well, goblin opened up a rift to whimsy, first time I've seen three pinatas in the same instance. Sadly, none of the mobs dropped the spectrum.

So, what is the average damage you should do when going into Torment 1?

You can kinda do T1 with full rares, damage isn't really a useful figure since it doesn't take into account potential legendary effects, set bonus, elemental bonus and so on. Like my Crusader has 1million paperdoll damage with no real set bonus and does WAY less damage than my barb who has like 600k but 4pc IK.

But for T1, you can literally start as soon as you hit 70 assuming you have 61+ gear and a decent skill build. And craft a 70rare 2H weap right away if you don't have a legendary 65+. It won't be the fastest, but just loot all the rares and gear up in 70 rares while trying to find legendaries. Do rifts to start imo, then go back to do bounties when you can clear T1 fast, unless you have a really powerful legendary to extract.

Zelias

Banned
I'm kinda scrubby at D3 and especially at Demon Hunter. I just hit 70 on my DH and gambled two Marauder's pieces, is this a good set to keep farming for?

ElyrionX

Now that you don't need Rift Fragments to enter Rifts, does it still make sense to full clear Rifts? Or to just move on once the RG is dead?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Now that you don't need Rift Fragments to enter Rifts, does it still make sense to full clear Rifts? Or to just move on once the RG is dead?

I've never been one to FC rifts, but then I've always had a ton of keys because of bad RORG drop luck. But no definitely don't FC rifts now that you don't need keys are you crazy

Begaria

So I've been having this really weird graphical/technical issue with 2.3. The Desolate Sands map (in both Rifts and non-rifts), doesn't work correctly for me. Sometimes the loading screen will sit there, but the game is still actively running (like I can hear my character move/enemies attacking me/can use skills), but the screen will still be up. Or if I actually do manage to make it past the loading screen, the screen will stop and start hitching back and forth really fast in a jittering motion, but the game doesn't freeze per se as I can still fire off my skills and hear my character move around.

Anyone else heard of this issue or ran in to it? I had to abandon a bounty run on Act 3 last night because of this issue, and a rift I was finishing hit this map and the issue cropped up again. I'd hate playing this game wondering if this issue is going to keep cropping up in a Rift. I can control it if I'm just doing bounties by avoiding a game that has a Desolate Sands bounty.

Edit: Checked the technical section of the forums. Apparently it's a AMD card issue and older drivers work. I'll roll back I guess until it gets fixed.

Holy shit, I love the new bandit shrine.

Also, curse you RNG!!! I made about 40-50 bows last night, got several yangs recurve, but none ancient. I did get 2 ancient kriders though. I have enough mats to probably make another 30 or 40. That bow is stupid awesome.

I've never been one to FC rifts, but then I've always had a ton of keys because of bad RORG drop luck. But no definitely don't FC rifts now that you don't need keys are you crazy

I guess it depends on what youre going after. If you want blood shards, then close right away, or do grifts with a group, that's much faster. If youre just farming, then leaving rifts open is fine. I do it all the time if its good floors/rift.

RS4-

Well this is brutal. t8 uber takes a minute or two, t9 takes more than 5. No thanks.

edit - well maybe this is because I did the diablo uber, so he spawns a double around 25% remaining. Magda spawns with him, along with that RG that teleports into the one shot, Perdition? Don't remember.

Firemind

Worth noting this guide seems to be focused on just new 2.3 builds (and the old builds listed are heavily modified versions of their old versions). Stuff that was still really strong in season 3 and is still strong now isn't on there.
Except WW barbs for some reason. :lol

Well this is brutal. t8 uber takes a minute or two, t9 takes more than 5. No thanks.

edit - well maybe this is because I did the diablo uber, so he spawns a double around 25% remaining. Magda spawns with him, along with that RG that teleports into the one shot, Perdition? Don't remember.

Now solo the Diablo uber on T10 =P

I did it a few times last night to make up for a few of the mats I was short on after doing them in a group.

Wasn't too bad, but I had to try extra hard not to die with nobody around to revive my squishy demon hunter.

ZenaxPure

Except WW barbs for some reason. :lol

Well not exactly, the WW build listed there is different than what most people were rolling with in S3. It's all fairly minor in the grand scheme of things since a lot of it has to do with stat/gem choices but it is still updated for 2.3.

Firemind

Well not exactly, the WW build listed there is different than what most people were rolling with in S3. It's all fairly minor in the grand scheme of things since a lot of it has to do with stat/gem choices but it is still updated for 2.3.
It's exactly the same build that's been shared around a few months ago, except it uses Bane of the Stricken. Can't even incorporate HOTA on it anymore after they nerfed Bracers of the First Men. It's pretty clear the writer has a bias.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I guess it depends on what youre going after. If you want blood shards, then close right away, or do grifts with a group, that's much faster. If youre just farming, then leaving rifts open is fine. I do it all the time if its good floors/rift.

Yeah if it's a really good floor I might keep clearing for a bit (generally the act 5 swamp zone has really good density) but 9 times out of 10 I peace out when the Guardian is dead.

Tovarisc

Is there NeoGAF community/clan on PC, on EU side? Tried to look at that, now closed, thread for GAF clans, but didn't get needed info from there.

Martheron

I was thinking of starting back up once the new ladder rolls around. How is crusader now days? I leveled one up when the expansion launched but it was fairly lack luster from what I remember.

Admodieus

Going to jump into Season 4 when it starts on Friday. Trying to decide which class to go with though. Have any been substantially updated as a result of this patch or other recent ones?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is the starmetal kukri really a ceremonial knife? must have done like 50 in the cube now, multiples of every fucking knife in the game and no kukri :/

and now im almost out of deaths breath, and you cant convert other mats to it. welp :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom