• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

We finished a rift at 14:59.216 sec
KuGsj.gif

Syntek

The zDPS characters would be especially safe in HC because they can put everything into defensive stats and abilities. By the way, the leeching's being done in greater rifts, not T10, due to how the multipliers work. They're added on top of any exp bonuses from torment difficulty (e.g. 3000% -> 3200% = 1.07x improvement) vs straight-up multiplying a higher base value from the monsters in GR's (100% -> 300% = 3x improvement)

I saw that stream and honestly, they are not wrong. I play a lot of pub games, and frankly, random multiplayer is generally less efficient than solo. The issue is with dedicated, highly optimized groups. I don't think having random EXP leeches is going to be advantageous. In fact, I suspect random pub games in 2.3 to be even more miserable than they currently are. At the same time, specialized EXP leeches in the right group composition will be absolutely insane. So then the question really is, how do you reduce the advantage of optimized groups without penalizing random group games even more?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I assume Diablo is like any Blizzard game where US gets the patch on tuesday and Europe gets it Wednesday?

Only a few days away huh? It's been a long time coming, looking forward to it, my friend and I are planning to just jump in without doing any real research on the new stuff.

Wolfie5

Did GR45 solo with my WD, new record for me.

Was close on GR47, but an elite pack stopped me and it took me a while before I could finish them of. Could have handled it better and would probably have done GR47 on time as well, though it would be a close one I think. So my limit is around 47.

Curious to see how much of a boost I can get with the cube.

As for drops, I have now 7 puzzle rings but no bovine bardiche(harder to get?).

I am planning on using MoJ in the cube. I read somewhere that enforcer gem won´t be as much of a dmg boost if you use MoJ. It is therefore better to use some other gem, unless you want more survivability for your pets at higher GR. Don´t know how true this is, but I will definitely test this.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I saw that stream and honestly, they are not wrong. I play a lot of pub games, and frankly, random multiplayer is generally less efficient than solo. The issue is with dedicated, highly optimized groups. I don't think having random EXP leeches is going to be advantageous. In fact, I suspect random pub games in 2.3 to be even more miserable than they currently are. At the same time, specialized EXP leeches in the right group composition will be absolutely insane. So then the question really is, how do you reduce the advantage of optimized groups without penalizing random group games even more?

I'd say removing experience bonuses completely would accomplish that. It reduces the potential exp/hour gap between pickup groups and carefully planned teams, and also reduces the gap between T10 and speed rifts.

Wolfie5

is tomorrow the patch?
In US about 18 hours from now.
In EU about 30 hours from now.

There is a countdown timer along with patch 2.3 round up at http://www.diablofans.com

Edit:
Some interesting things from patch notes that I noticed now:

The Bandit Shrine is a new Shrine only found in the overworld that spawns several Treasure Goblins.
-Nice!

Monster damage in Greater Rift levels 25+ has been reduced.
-I guess GR45 will be even easier, without the cube.

Some elites has been nerfed. One of them is reflect damage:
Only one monster in a pack can reflect damage at a time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so do you have to go to the new zone to first get the cube?

and will the cube always be in a hub after that (hopefully) or do you always have to go to the new zone to use it (please no)?

Rhaknar

oh if the EU patch is about 30 hours from now that means its during the AM from tuesday to wednesday so it should be up wednesday morning, thats not too bad

edit: OH SHIT WHAT?

"Once you extract a Power, it is available for all your characters in the same game mode."

so you only need 1 of those rings that reduce the set pieces needed for all your characters? :O

evilalien

edit: OH SHIT WHAT?

"Once you extract a Power, it is available for all your characters in the same game mode."

so you only need 1 of those rings that reduce the set pieces needed for all your characters? :O

Yes, once you extract a legendary power once, all of your characters in the same mode will be able to use the cube to assign that legendary power.

So, what's going to be the best way to power level? Halls of Agony?

Probably, though I never bother because I find it too tedious.

Rhaknar

Stupid question but I'm a noob. Corpse spiders, no cooldown, no cost, you can spam it (it's a primary). If you spam it does that "delete" the previous cast, aka do the previous spiders disappear before they do its dmg, or can you coat a area in spiders and they will all do their damage?

I'd rather do something with variety than squeeze the last 5-10% of efficiency out with something monotonous. I'm not saying I don't try to make sure I'm generally trying to maximize my time, but I don't worry about hitting peak 100% efficiency. I mostly look to something I can enjoy and that goes most of the way above whatever the 'average' is.

Sooo, when's the patch come out on PS4? (Kanai's(?) cube, new torment levels, ect)

Haven't been able to find any details. Is it coming?

(Also random question I wonder if anyone could maybe answer. Could I play couch coop with my wife, while I play online with my brother as he plays couch coop with his wife?)

Play HC. People can't leach exp on T10 there (I hope).

Just got back home. What do I roll away? I'm guessing resource costs?

Yeah the base ring stats are kinda poor, unless you use that other ring that lets you ignore crit I forgot the name of. You can't get a socket, crit and crit dmg on obsidian I believe due to how many stats are locked in, and a ring without these is not really going to be that good.

Patch should be today on PC, no idea about PS4 timeline though, but I think they patch pretty quick now?

Pepto

Banned
I am planning on using MoJ in the cube. I read somewhere that enforcer gem won´t be as much of a dmg boost if you use MoJ. It is therefore better to use some other gem, unless you want more survivability for your pets at higher GR. Don´t know how true this is, but I will definitely test this.

The MoJ bonus is in the same category as the enforcer bonus.

Lets say you have base dps of 100 and you are using MoJ and enforcer with 30% more damage. Your new dps will be 100*(2+0,3) = 230.

If you would switch the enforcer to a 20% more dps bane of the trapped that is in a different damage category your new dps would be 100*2*1,2 = 240.

Wolfie5

I am just looking at the details on the patch and noticed this about the cube:

Reforge a leg or upgrade a rare to leg may result in leg to be anchient.
However, when converting a set item you won't get an anchient set item.

I was planning on rerolling set items until I got anchient version, but won't bother doing that anymore. Thought it was good to know.

Edit:
Thanks Pepto. Will change to a different gem then.

Where can I find kanai's recipes ?
Mostly interested in upgrading rare to leg recipe (which would allow farming a specific weapon type for a specific leg, ancient if possible)

Wolfie5

You type Kanai recipe in google and the first result has all of them: http://imgur.com/a/8g0aU All the weird mats are the act bounties bag new materials.

Plus these 2 recipes that don't show in the Cube's UI.

Portal to Greed's Domain
Opens a portal to Greed's Domain, the Treasure Goblin world.
Cost
1 Puzzle Ring

Portal to Not a Cow Level
Opens a portal to Not a Cow Level, the 2015 April Fool's event area.
Cost
1 Bovine Bardiche

Firemind

For barb you want to roll away rcr yeah. It's not the best ring though, no secondary and only 4.5crit

Yeah the base ring stats are kinda poor, unless you use that other ring that lets you ignore crit I forgot the name of. You can't get a socket, crit and crit dmg on obsidian I believe due to how many stats are locked in, and a ring without these is not really going to be that good.
I checked this guide for reference. It's primarily geared towards HC solo GRs, which is perfect since I play solo HC, and apparently CC is less important than CDR and AS, because you need to hit a certain breakpoint to get crazy proc returns and keep the uptime of WotB and Ignore Pain. So it's almost a perfect Obsidian Ring. :lol

I like this build more than 6WW+4IK, since I prefer BKs over the Boulder Breaker and it gives me a free ring slot without RROG (which has terrible stats). I see I'm now missing Pride of Cassius orz. That and two Unities which, might I add, still haven't dropped twice in all of my D3 play time. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

One question. I have two gifts at the moment. Should I use them on non-ancient weapons? The odds of getting ancient BKs is astronomically low anyway. By that time, I probably will have already found one or two gifts. You can't reroll set legs to ancient nor sets with lower than three pieces, so no point in waiting for the patch.

ZenaxPure

One question. I have two gifts at the moment. Should I use them on non-ancient weapons? The odds of getting ancient BKs is astronomically low anyway. By that time, I probably will have already found one or two gifts. You can't reroll set legs to ancient nor sets with lower than three pieces, so no point in waiting for the patch.

I always live the YOLO life style and just use them on weapons I know I will be sticking with for a while. I say go for it unless the rolls on one of those weapons is absolutely terrible.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So what is best end game class for Season 4? I didn't follow PTR and patch notes never tell full story.

In reading around (mainly on diablofans), it seems Barb is considered to be tops as things stand right now, with Monk right behind. They're all good, though.

Personally, I'm rolling a new WD, as they're by far my fav class.

Tovarisc

In reading around (mainly on diablofans), it seems Barb is considered to be tops as things stand right now, with Monk right behind. They're all good, though.

Personally, I'm rolling a new WD, as they're by far my fav class.

All classes can be considered good, but they aren't balanced at end game of end game where few classes will and do pull ahead of others because itemisation and/or general scaling with gear and stats. I like Crusader and Wizard most, but both classes always feel weak sauce at "true" end game and require a lot better itemisation than e.g. Barb to be truly viable.

In Season 3 & 4 even with good-ish gear I felt like burden for my friends with mentioned classes because I dealt way less damage and was able to take way less damage than them with Barb and Monk. Because of that I basically collected loot as they rolfstomped everything in few seconds 1-2 screens away from me <.<

RS4-

Hopped on for 20-30 mins the past few days, latency/ping feels really weird; or maybe it was just dashing strike.

I don't remember what my ping was before, but it was only 100 yesterday.

edit - lol I didn't check if I had some paragon-xp transferred from my s3 to NS. I deleted the chars.

Tovarisc

edit - lol I didn't check if I had some paragon-xp transferred from my s3 to NS. I deleted the chars.

Paragon XP gained in Season is automatically added to your Non-Seasonal side when season ends and characters, loot and XP is migrated over. Deleting characters from e.g. season 3 won't affect it and your e.g. non-seasonal crusader now has all dat sweet Paragon XP from season 3.

Dunfisch

Are the damage range rolls good or average? I can never tell. :lol

The Warrior Blood is decently high for a non-ancient roll, the Solemn Vow isn't special though, lacking a #% damage roll. Given that you use the swords, you're playing straight WotW Whirlwind, so Perma-Berserker from 4PC IK is out.Unless you have some skill you desperately need to keep up, I'd say roll of the CDR for #% damage. Depending on your overall attack speed, you could also try getting that affix, aim for another WW Dust Devils breakpoint - the DDs are spawned more often at certain breakpoints. Don't know them from the top of my hand, but it'll all be on Reddit. After that, you can have fun farming for ancient versions.

As a rule of thumb for 1H weapons, 2200+ is okay, 2400+ is a high non-ancient roll, 2800+ is what you can get with ancient versions, in addition to higher mainstat rolls. 2100 or lower is unfortunately a low roll. Could be worse though, I've got some sub 2K lying around, waiting only to be extracted of their legendary power come tomorrow.

Firemind

The Warrior Blood is decently high for a non-ancient roll, the Solemn Vow isn't special though, lacking a #% damage roll.
I can roll off the socket for %damage though.

Given that you use the swords, you're playing straight WotW Whirlwind, so Perma-Berserker from 4PC IK is out.Unless you have some skill you desperately need to keep up, I'd say roll of the CDR for #% damage.
The guide in the link I posted recommends STR, VIT, CDR and socket. Perfect gear would have 50% CDR to keep WotB uptime. Not sure what to do now. :lol

XShagrath

I haven't kept up on things for a while, but what's going to be the best "passive" build for S4? I thought I was going to like the Dashing Strike monk from last season, but it required too much effort on my part. For reference, my favorite class has always been Wizard because I can just stand in one spot and turret a lot of the time or hit huge AOEs to clear things out. It didn't require a lot of active brain power to play and I could just kill shit. Is there something like that for S4? I like all classes, so don't mind branching out.

Firemind

I thought archon wizard, while much better than it used to be, was still below full Tal-based builds?
That's what I understood. It's really hard not to get oneshot in GR40+ while being stationary. And Archon has the nasty side effect of losing all your stacks when you die.

XShagrath

I thought archon wizard, while much better than it used to be, was still below full Tal-based builds?
I don't really care about pushing rifts or moving up into high ranks on the leaderboards. I want something I can just chill with and kill stuff while watching TV.

For reference, I don't think I've ever done more than a GR40 or so solo, and that was hectic. I couldn't care less if I ever did a 60 rift.

Archon Wizard should be more viable as its my favorite build in the entire game right now. Nothing makes me feel more like a badass than popping into Archon mode and just wrecking shit.

Tovarisc

I'm very interested to see how nerfs to basically every form of CC will affect gameplay. Friend kept eye on PTR little bit and he told me that gameplay was more vanilla Inferno and a lot less enhanced experience of RoS, if true not really looking towards it.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I don't really care about pushing rifts or moving up into high ranks on the leaderboards. I want something I can just chill with and kill stuff while watching TV.

For reference, I don't think I've ever done more than a GR40 or so solo, and that was hectic. I couldn't care less if I ever did a 60 rift.

Which of course is a perfectly valid way to play. I definitely know where you're coming from.

Archon Wizard should be more viable as its my favorite build in the entire game right now. Nothing makes me feel more like a badass than popping into Archon mode and just wrecking shit.

It does sound fun. I definitely want to give it a shot. Good thing I kept my 4-piece Vyr's in my stash. Only 1 piece left with RoRG!

I'm very interested to see how nerfs to basically every form of CC will affect gameplay. Friend kept eye on PTR little bit and he told me that gameplay was more vanilla Inferno and a lot less enhanced experience of RoS, if true not really looking towards it.

Perma CC was fucking stupid TBH I'm glad they changed that

Hard to get excited for the patch until the new season actually starts. Really looking forward to that though.

I honestly couldn't give less fucks about seasons, I played S2 and having to restart every time is such a chore, esp the level 1 -> T6 grind

Tovarisc

Perma CC was fucking stupid TBH I'm glad they changed that

Perma CC is maybe stupid, but so is gameplay where you have to kite packs around the map while slowly chipping their HP down because if even one of them hit you it means your corpse is next thing flying in the air. If they have found good balance between the two extremes cool, but if they have overdone CC nerfs then T6+ will be utter pain to do with some classes.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom