• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O_O

I might cry if true. I still can't hope because...well I've been trying to get a level 70 Kridershot for so long I almost gave up on the game. Every DH hour since RoS came out was dedicated to getting a Krider drop and it never came. Even my only Furnace was a gift from someone who had a better one already.

I'll remain skeptical until I get my Cube. ;_;

I don't think Krider is super rare anymore, at least when upgrading rares to legs. Ive gotten many kriders, 2 ancient, in the 60 or so bows Ive made. They seem almost as common as any other type of bow now.

MrDaravon

I may or may not have got a crazy good clearance deal at a local best buy on a PC that isn't amazing but will run this game, don't kick me from the clan!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well I cant kill a adventure mode boss so this is already going great >_>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Master's a little rough when your gear isn't really good and you're still levelling up.

actually this is expert lol. theres no healing wells in the room, potion has a long cooldown and the dude just hits my lvl 4 barbar too hard. welp

Sober

In softcore you can go master if you get a weapon well above curve. HC it can be a bit more dicey of course.
Hard is probably better, because you'll be drowning in levels really quick but your gear won't catch up. At 61+ you only have two tiers of equipment so you're kinda just floating in limbo with few gear changes while monsters scale.

actually this is expert lol. theres no healing wells in the room, potion has a long cooldown and the dude just hits my lvl 4 barbar too hard. welp

Yeah, kick it to hard or even normal if you need to so you can get some gear with your levels. At the higher difficulties not only do you outpace your gear too quickly (making it so you fall behind the curve) but you also end up taking way too long to kill enemies, making it really inefficient.

MrDaravon

Ha, no danger of that. Good luck on the deal

Thanks! It was supposed to $500 with $50 off and I was gonna pass because it was so-so, but they accidentally had it marked at $250 off and I got the manager to honor it. She was cool about it but was like fuuuuuuuck lol. It's not great, it's like an R5 or R6 but it runs the game and is a more functional PC in general than my busted laptop so I'll take it for $250. Just getting things set up, then need to go through my Season stash. Then I need to read up on things, I'd been more or less completely ignoring everything the last 2 months in terms of news/patches so I'm way behind, most of the talk the last several pages is way over my head <_<. BUT I'M BACK BABY

Sölf

Only leveled to 42 with a few friends in like ~3 hours. We will probably continue in the next days. Ruins of Sescheron are an awesome zone btw. :D

Thanks! It was supposed to $500 with $50 off and I was gonna pass because it was so-so, but they accidentally had it marked at $250 off and I got the manager to honor it. She was cool about it but was like fuuuuuuuck lol. It's not great, it's like an R5 or R6 but it runs the game and is a more functional PC in general than my busted laptop so I'll take it for $250. Just getting things set up, then need to go through my Season stash. Then I need to read up on things, I'd been more or less completely ignoring everything the last 2 months in terms of news/patches so I'm way behind, most of the talk the last several pages is way over my head <_<. BUT I'M BACK BABY

Pre inferno nerf peeps represent!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Killing some time here, I haven't looked at transmogs in a while. The seasonal transmogs (Conqueror's) for monk are pretty good:

u7tX8cS.jpg

(not pictured: evil chocobo helmet)

MrDaravon

Okay so I'm reading up on things, is the Season 4 Megathread on reddit a good place to catch up? I feel totally out of the loop on 2.3/Season 4. I'm planning on rolling the UE/Multishot DH build, I saw Deadset's write-up on it and it pretty much what I was running in Season 3, but the new MS bow and Cube offers additional/better options. Also I'm so far out of the loop on other classes and changes that I wouldn't know where to begin elsewhere anyway.

Edit: Okay, I think I'm mostly caught up, but how is the Cube practically working out for folks in terms of costs? Just reading the notes I can't really get a feel for how useful some of it's functions might be (like converting a rare to a legendary or reforging a legendary). Also it seems like most/all of it's recipes require the act-specific cache materials, does that wind up being the choke point? I'm seeing a lot of people mention Death Breaths being an issue, but that strikes me as odd because we're usually drowning in them.

Edit: Okay, I think I'm mostly caught up, but how is the Cube practically working out for folks in terms of costs? Just reading the notes I can't really get a feel for how useful some of it's functions might be (like converting a rare to a legendary or reforging a legendary). Also it seems like most/all of it's recipes require the act-specific cache materials, does that wind up being the choke point? I'm seeing a lot of people mention Death Breaths being an issue, but that strikes me as odd because we're usually drowning in them.

I can't speak from the perspective of starting out anew in a season, because I never have... but by the time I had my hands on the cube, I was swimming in resources so the costs didn't matter at all to me. Upgrading a rare to a legendary requires no act-specific stuff at all. That said, the ratio of salvage materials to death breaths is 50:25. I can see how death breaths would be a bottleneck initially because it takes a while to gather them up when they only drop 1 at a time. 25 per roll seems like a lot when you start with none. I had 3000+ so.... I was able to get every single item I was missing for my demon hunter that way, including 2 ancient Yang Recurve bows.

It should be intersting to see how hard that recipe is to use when I don't have a shit ton of mats to fall back on.....

Rhaknar

leveling a DH, having fun. Cant lock in on whats better for leveling, tried bounties and now a rift, rift seems better, not sure.

Learning new skills is as usual, fun. Cant wait for sentries, im a big pet fanboy (yes I know they were nerfed, thats not the point)

I decided to give crusader a whirl as it was the only class I hadn't tried. I was running a melee build but just switched to hammer/beam throwing and it's really fun. Also I've had a furnace drop already which should be pretty handy for the cube.

Done leveling my WD, was kinda fast considering I was messing around and soloing(6hours). I did one full round of bounties, bounties while leveling still give 3mats, so I got 3 of each which isn't too bad. Took me from 30 to 45 or so doing it, then I went back to doing rifts, doing torment 1 rifting from 48 to 70 at good speed.

Was pretty lucky and found the belt that summons fetishes on spenders at 30ish, saved me a passive the entire time so I could use pierce the veil+rush of essence+dog speed one.

Celegus

Rare to legendary is bonkers good. I got almost everything I wanted after just a few tries. It chews through crafting materials real quick, but it's pretty awesome. And WELCOME BACK!

Pre inferno nerf peeps represent!

I'll be on tonight tooooo!

Kuntz

Had fun playing this hardcore wizard from 1 to 70, black hole and time stop are so much fun.

Got good boots that increase meteor damage, let's try this! (tomorrow)

Also : I'm not dead :)

Just hit 70 in season and decided to gamble with what I had collected. Got an belt of lament and I am going for the rend build :)

Need a bit of a break though, checked the stats, did 44 bounties and 23 rifts to get to 70. One toilet break, this game, this game...

Ultratech

I think I might go WD this Season.

Went WW Barb last season which was pretty fun.

Haven't played WD in a while, so the new changes should be interesting.

Addnan

Got to paragon 30, have 2 piece IK and 2 piece wastes. Pretty good for such early game. Hands are dead now so will farm rest of set in the morning.

Vicros

Think I might roll a... DH this season? I used a WW barb for season three and it really spoiled me. By far the biggest return with the least amount of effort.

I'm way out of the loop on demon hunters and don't even know what WDs do anymore so one or the other. A change will be nice.

Well I was going to try out this Seasons thing for the first time but, reading up on everything a bit more, is it even worth it if I don't have access to Adventure Mode/RoS?

Armaros

I think I might go WD this Season.

Went WW Barb last season which was pretty fun.

Haven't played WD in a while, so the new changes should be interesting.

Looks like there are three main builds for WD for 2.3.

Carnevil
Helltooth + zombie bears
Helltooth + Acid cloud.

There are some lag issues with Helltooth so watch out.

yamo

Played for a couple of hours and managed to get to lvl 34 and already get people from the EU gaf clan beg me for boosts in season.

Play the game or just do something else if you're that fucking lazy, seriously.

Addnan

As soon as I hit 70 friends lists started asking for plevel, am in th process of removing these lazy fucks. Ask in a week and who knows maybe, 4 hours into season. You can fuck right off.

got to lv 16 paragon, got a gungdo super early and crudest boots too, both helped a ton with levelling, gungdo is fucking stupid, essence burn is pretty cool with it, clear whole maps if enemies are close enough
got bane of the stricken on second GR, that's cool. Also one uliana item so far with kadala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom