• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

I was obsessed with the idea of "The Thrill" conquest before the season started so I figured I would work on that first to see if I could do it. Pretty happy with rank 51 considering I wasn't spending every single second of each day trying for it (as I spent most of my time playing with friends).

Anyway, that conquest is not very well balanced given the power of the various class items but as a barbarian it was intense as fuck and some of the most fun I've ever had in the game. Seriously, the last minute and a half of that rift my heart was beating so fast, was so crazy.

EBsKdJx.jpg

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
f2VeHaL.png

And with that I'm done for a bit, glad I took the rush far especially with MGSV coming out in 24hours.

If I had a furnace and an ancient version of my acid blob staff I think I could have pushed GR55 but for now I'm happy there. I could probably do GR53 with extreme RNG and GR52 with some good luck but I don't wanna put my self through that lol.

Now that they've taken trial keys out (thankfully) this season really felt like people hit the ground running it's insane. I'm expecting people to be pushing high 70s or low 80s in GRs by the end of this season.

Tarazet

Paragon 200. I've been sticking with Raekor/Furious Charge, while I try to get 6 pieces of the IK set to try either Rend or Hammer. It's been pretty good even at Torment IX/GR42 in group play.

Nymerio

I just recently dinged 70 but my favourite item so far has been the Nagelring I got at like level 40 or so. I'm still using it now doing T1 stuff. It spawns one of these exploding goblins you encounter in act 2 every 10 seconds for a maximum of 4 goblins. They do a ridiculous amount of damage at my gear level. I cyclone strike a large amount of mobs, exploding palm them up and when a goblin spawns it usually kills the whole group. During leveling I could one shot bosses if I went into the fight with 4 goblins already spawned.

Fun item.

How the fuck do people progress so fast? I'm still stuck in like torment 2/3.

Just hitting the game harder and getting luckier? Cause the more powerful you get the faster you accelerate towards even more power?

Still hunting for a RoRG, which sucks. Really weak without it or another set piece.

Just hitting the game harder and getting luckier? Cause the more powerful you get the faster you accelerate towards even more power?

Still hunting for a RoRG, which sucks. Really weak without it or another set piece.

Farm T1 efficiently, upgrade gems to 25 or close, get a 6 pc set and T6 is a formality
Once you hit T6 you can get 3 level 25 gems, upgrade your gear faster

Radec

Apart from huge hours they already did, some group knows how to farm efficiently. They also got a support player that has EXP gear.

Some are leechers like me who are joining T4s while I can't even kill an elite pack alone. lol
Good thing my EP is good enough.

Gotchaye

I've mostly just been soloing, other than some group bounties in public games, and I'm pretty easily doing T6 now. Relative to what I remember from shortly after RoS came out, I feel like sets are incredibly important for progressing - they've massively buffed the bonuses from even small numbers of items. T1 was pretty doable right at 70, but it didn't seem efficient to push past that until I got two Tal Rasha pieces, but then I could immediately farm T3. I was stuck there for a while until I got enough of the rest of the set and a RoRG, but as soon as I got 5 Tal Rasha pieces I jumped to easily farming T6. And it was pretty easy to get all those pieces too because now you get loads of legendaries from gambling and the Cube can even reroll extras of a set item into the ones you're missing.

Wolfie5

I am at T1 and feel that legs don't drop very often. I am so used to my WD (patch 2.2) where legs droped very often at T6. It really does feel slower to progress. Tempted to go back to WD again.

Than again, there are things I should do to improve my monk. Well, at least get gems on my rings and amu. Other than that, hope to get some legs at rifts and more keystones.
One thing that improved my monk was changing some skills (and more CDR on gear) towards Ulianas build and now I am doing much better at T1. From slow T1 to much faster T1. Before going higher torment, I need to get gems on my jewelry.

I was lucky with getting a RoRG btw. Got it at low level, which is now in my cube.

Once you know the basics, if you're playing alone, it all comes down to luck. You get 2 set pieces (ones with a good bonus like Helltooth) early, there you go to T3/T4 which overall massively increases droprates and even stuff like Death Breaths and bloodshards.

I was fortunate to get that (2) set bonus from Helltooth in ~2hours lvl70. If I hadn't though...farming would've been at a crawl 'til I got something really good.

That said, it's not too bad. Even single, non-set legendaries can be quite powerful and spending bloodshards on e.g. shoulders gives you relatively high chance on getting a set one. RNG will remain king though.

When you're playing in a 4 man group though, it becomes extremely likely that someone's getting those bonuses quickly. And if just one has them, he can deal the damage and others just support til they get theirs.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I have like 100 act 1 materials and still no RORG... why does RNG hate me. I'm not even sure I need it (playing Barb atm), I just want it!

So I was powerleveling fonds and ryan (ingame names) earlier and karma got real. Not only did I find my first Goblin pack since the patch but I got Kadala to be nice to me, too. You heard that right!

Since I was full in regards to Bloodshards I thought I'd just quickly spend some on two 2 handed weapons. Well, the second weapon turned out to be this beauty (left one is the old, already decent one).

Thanks to mr. explosion man Akai from above, who was kind enough to gift me a gif which I've been missing out on in all my ~325 Plvls, I can now socket that guy.

Addnan

I have like 100 act 1 materials and still no RORG... why does RNG hate me. I'm not even sure I need it (playing Barb atm), I just want it!

Stop farming rorg and start farming set pieces in rifts. rorg will not be needed, waste of time right now.

If you're really unlucky with set drops, RORG is great, but then if you're really unlucky with RORG uhhh...
dac15_sad.gif

I agree you should farm GR25 too, get those gems to level 25, good loots from bosses (more reliable than rifts I feel) and blood shards

ZenaxPure

Cause the more powerful you get the faster you accelerate towards even more power?

Sorta, yeah, basically. The trick to it really is knowing what the easiest path of progress is to help you move up difficulties faster. Your seasonal char like mine is a barb which means your immediate goal should be getting either 2 piece WW and the Lamenation mighty belt, the Gavel of Judgement + Bracers of the first men, or 2 piece IK + the Seismic Slam bracers. Out of those options 2 piece WW + the belt is probably the easiest to come by (but you should roll with whatever you get first). Those 3 items alone even with shit gear can move you up to T3 or 4, if the rest of your gear is well rolled legendaries you can easily pop it up to T5.

At this point you should start farming some IK items. The 2 piece bonus is a more powerful Unity since you can use it in multiplayer games (unlike Unity) and the 4 piece can give you another 50% damage reduction if you need it, and, in general is just a big damage buff on its own. Rend/HoTA/SS are all valid options for IK which makes it incredibly versatile as a set. IK 4 piece + Rend/HoTA/SS can farm T6/7 with very little problems so you can start easily farming for whatever endgame build you want to go for. Addnan's advice is also key, fuck RoRG. It's a waste of time when it comes to gearing up your character for T10.

Fairly condensed explanation but that is exactly what I did to get my barb up to T10 on the first day of seasons. There is a bit more to it like proper skill selection and shit, but, it's straight forward for the most part and really easy to get to a point where you are destroying shit.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna heed that advice and stop trying to get a RORG. Will be good for my sanity and making actual progress.

Zelias

Banned
Is it faster to level in rifts or bounties?
I did 1-70 in rifts in just under 4 and a half hours and that was with pub groups so with a premade it could be far faster. Only a few bounties are really worth it for levelling - cursed chest ones where you get a bonus for killing 100 mobs generally.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I finished getting everything needed for Uliana yesterday.

What sucks is I reached paragon 250-ish and not a single legendary fist or daibo has dropped for me that entire time except for 2 useless fists while leveling.

I ended up having to get lion's claw, fist of az, and flow of eternity from the upgrade rare option of the cube (after blowing through a ton of death's breaths). I see a lot of people saying the cube might be "too good" but I'm glad this option was there or else I still wouldn't have any of the weapons.

IMO, the rarity of class-specific items dropping has been a problem that's plagued the game since D3 launched. I can understand if I had to go to the cube for 1 out of 3... but 3/3 to me feels like the game should be dropping them more.

Also, every piece of the set, the new belt, and spirit guards I got from Kadala. I've had subsequent drops (very recently) on those items but the first ones were all from her.

These options should exist in the game but I feel like folks are having to rely on them too much. It would be nice to actually have one of these items DROP more regularly.

Radec

I finished getting everything needed for Uliana yesterday.

What sucks is I reached paragon 250-ish and not a single legendary fist or daibo has dropped for me that entire time except for 2 useless fists while leveling.

I ended up having to get lion's claw, fist of az, and flow of eternity from the upgrade rare option of the cube (after blowing through a ton of death's breaths). I see a lot of people saying the cube might be "too good" but I'm glad this option was there or else I still wouldn't have any of the weapons.

IMO, the rarity of class-specific items dropping has been a problem that's plagued the game since D3 launched. I can understand if I had to go to the cube for 1 out of 3... but 3/3 to me feels like the game should be dropping them more.

Also, every piece of the set, the new belt, and spirit guards I got from Kadala. I've had subsequent drops (very recently) on those items but the first ones were all from her.

These options should exist in the game but I feel like folks are having to rely on them too much. It would be nice to actually have one of these items DROP more regularly.

Did you used a rare fist weapon on the cube to get those legs? Or just rare 1h?

Loving the new patch.

I must admit as much as I have always enjoyed Diablo games I have never understood the end game: what to put on, what's a good upgrade, etc. All I see is +x% here and -x% there and have no idea what to actually pick. Anyone have any tips? I've been at Torment 1 since as far back as I can remember.

Firemind

Sorta, yeah, basically. The trick to it really is knowing what the easiest path of progress is to help you move up difficulties faster. Your seasonal char like mine is a barb which means your immediate goal should be getting either 2 piece Wastewalker and the Lamenation mighty belt, the Gavel of Judgement + Bracers of the first men, or 2 piece IK + the Seismic Slam bracers. Out of those options 2 piece WW + the belt is probably the easiest to come by (but you should roll with whatever you get first). Those 3 items alone even with shit gear can move you up to T3 or 4, if the rest of your gear is well rolled legendaries you can easily pop it up to T5.
Really? Rend can do T3/4 with just the belt? I was thinking about crafting mighty weapons at first, but now I don't know anymore. 2pc IK seems meh. Pets will do shit damage on higher torments, so it's pretty much just for the 50% damage reduction. IK in general seems like not what you want to aim for while undergeared. The 6pc got buffed, yes, but it may take a while before your fuy regen is up to par to increase WotB uptime and maintain the bonus. Or you can use the Ancients fury regen rune, but that leaves you vulnerable. I'd rather try to go for Gavel and Bracers of the First Men, which is a significant boost and lets you farm more efficiently. Think I'll try to gamble for weapons either way using the cube. Use Kadala to gamble for pants/shoulders/chest and probably craft 3pc Sage to get more Death's Breaths.

Rizzi

I did 1-70 in rifts in just under 4 and a half hours and that was with pub groups so with a premade it could be far faster. Only a few bounties are really worth it for levelling - cursed chest ones where you get a bonus for killing 100 mobs generally.

I'm doing it solo though.

Rifts are probably faster, though doing bounties can be less boring and kinda nice to get mats. I did 1-16 in rifts(probably should have done halls of agony for first 10lvls for white weapons in the racks though), 16-20 in story to get leoric's crown, not needed but I figured I'd cube it so it would be useful anyway(and I ended up using the cube effect for a long time), 20-30 in a few rifts, 30-50 in one full round of bounties, then 50-70 in rifts on torment 1 due to having some good weapons and stuff(crafted a 70weap with low lvl req at 61, had a legendary plan at 52 from the last round of bounty) though obviously, that's class dependant.

I probably would have been faster if I didn't do the bounties but I wanted to cube leoric so I could equip and actual helm(then I realized I can't cube stuff until 61+ cause no death breath) and it was a decent change of pace. Took about 6hours, if I just did rifts I probably would have only taken 5.

ZenaxPure

Really? Rend can do T3/4 with just the belt? I was thinking about crafting mighty weapons at first, but now I don't know anymore. 2pc IK seems meh. Pets will do shit damage on higher torments, so it's pretty much just for the 50% damage reduction. IK in general seems like not what you want to aim for while undergeared. The 6pc got buffed, yes, but it may take a while before your fuy regen is up to par to increase WotB uptime and maintain the bonus. Or you can use the Ancients fury regen rune, but that leaves you vulnerable. I'd rather try to go for Gavel and Bracers of the First Men, which is a significant boost and lets you farm more efficiently. Think I'll try to gamble for weapons either way using the cube. Use Kadala to gamble for pants/shoulders/chest and probably craft 3pc Sage to get more Death's Breaths.

Rend: Nope, I specifically said belt + 2 piece Wastes (or WW for short because it is the WW set - the name of this set sucks. Also I keep calling it wastewalker for reasons not worth explaining but it is Wrath of the Wastes). 2 piece is a 6x damage increase to Rend which puts it at 1320% weapon damage per second, the belt doubles that. On top of that the Rend rune you use for damage is always Bloodbath which basically makes enemies that die with Rend on them cast a second different Rend on other enemies around them (that still stacks with your default Rend). I'm not really up to date on the set mechanics so I am not sure if Bloodbath also gets buffed by the 2 piece but if it does we are talking about 1320*4 weapon damage per second on enemies. It is VERY powerful.

2 piece IK: You are forgetting about the new shoulder item that gives your CoTA the ancient fury rune. This means you get the 50% damage reduction AND the fury per hit. It's ridiculously strong and easy to get.

As for the fury generation problems it's not an issue. The new shoulder item covers Rend/SS and for HoTA the Gavel of Judgement means you don't even need the fury from the ancients. It refunds 25 fury when it hits 3 or fewer enemies which INCLUDES 0 enemies. You can literally stand in town and hold shift and spam HoTA to fill up your fury bar.

Radec

Don't do it solo.

Join public games. Equip EXP gear. Leoric's, Cains Set, etc. Your party benefits from any exp gear equipped.

D3 right now is made for group play. Solo players will suffer alot in progression.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I mostly played to get the mount in HotS but this monk is offering a pretty fresh experience. I think I'll kill the keywardens and build some level 70 legendaries to finish out the chapter 4 season objectives.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got a 97% crit damage hellfire ammy with a good passive last night

giphy.gif

Rizzi

Don't do it solo.

Join public games. Equip EXP gear. Leoric's, Cains Set, etc. Your party benefits from any exp gear equipped.

D3 right now is made for group play. Solo players will suffer alot in progression.

Searching for public games in adventure mode currently nets me zero games.

ZenaxPure

I got a 97% crit damage hellfire ammy with a good passive last night

giphy.gif

I crafted one yesterday with elemental damage and 99% crit damage then I looked down and saw Sword and Board.

Tears man, tears. I could wear one with a less than desirable passive but that right there is straight up useless.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Just hitting the game harder and getting luckier? Cause the more powerful you get the faster you accelerate towards even more power?.

I'm always amazed at how fast people in this thread progress in new seasons, I literally don't know how they do it. I played for six hours Friday night and then literally half of my Sunday, like 12 hours total for a grand total of around 18 hours, and I'm at level 70 paragon 30 or so running T1 pretty well but T2 gives me problems yet. And people here are over Paragon 200 already and in full sets with half ancient pieces clearing GR30+ already. I mean wow, just wow.

Blows my mind every season.

mileS

Does Blood Brother only work for Crusaders?
Playing Monk and the block chance in my sheet says 18% but the amount it blocks says 0-0. So I take it the proc is useless or am I reading it wrong. Too early in the morning for this.

Firemind

Rend: Nope, I specifically said belt + 2 piece Wastes (or WW for short because it is the WW set - the name of this set sucks. Also I keep calling it wastewalker for reasons not worth explaining but it is Wrath of the Wastes). 2 piece is a 6x damage increase to Rend which puts it at 1320% weapon damage per second, the belt doubles that. On top of that the Rend rune you use for damage is always Bloodbath which basically makes enemies that die with Rend on them cast a second different Rend on other enemies around them (that still stacks with your default Rend). I'm not really up to date on the set mechanics so I am not sure if Bloodbath also gets buffed by the 2 piece but if it does we are talking about 1320*4 weapon damage per second on enemies. It is VERY powerful.

2 piece IK: You are forgetting about the new shoulder item that gives your CoTA the ancient fury rune. This means you get the 50% damage reduction AND the fury per hit. It's ridiculously strong and easy to get.

As for the fury generation problems it's not an issue. The new shoulder item covers Rend/SS and for HoTA the Gavel of Judgement means you don't even need the fury from the ancients. It refunds 25 fury when it hits 3 or fewer enemies which INCLUDES 0 enemies. You can literally stand in town and hold shift and spam HoTA to fill up your fury bar.
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks. For some reason I read 2IK + lamentation. :lol
I'm always amazed at how fast people in this thread progress in new seasons, I literally don't know how they do it. I played for six hours Friday night and then literally half of my Sunday, like 12 hours total for a grand total of around 18 hours, and I'm at level 70 paragon 30 or so running T1 pretty well but T2 gives me problems yet. And people here are over Paragon 200 already and in full sets with half ancient pieces clearing GR30+ already. I mean wow, just wow.

Blows my mind every season.
18 hours only P30? Too slow bro. Hell, with a barb, I could probably gain a level every act run which takes like 15 minutes. Too bad life got in the way. Also, use Leoric's Crown plus ruby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom