• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Low, by my guess, but it could always be Ancient :p

Somebody on Modz's stream yesterday (forget who) got virtually the exact same amulet but Ancient :p. Was something like 943 Str, 93% CHD, then he rolled CC% on it. It also had Weapons Master, but I can't remember what the secondary affix was. Modz was saying that if he rolled that he wouldn't even play the game, he would just sit in town and look at it lol.

I've never had any luck whatsoever with the hellfire rings/ammys, with the changes this patch/season I might give it another go though.

MY WRISTS ARE DEAD. SEND HELP.

Too late, you are already ded

But the perfect ammy would consist of elemental%, CC, CD and socket. So the only thing you're gambling for is the one secondary affix.

20% elemental damage is worth more than ~950 main stat?

My non-season hellfire...

OxbWzyA.png

Don't think I'm topping that in season 4.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
20% elemental damage is worth more than ~950 main stat?

I might be wrong here but I thought that 100 main stat = 1% damage so the most you could get on ancient would be 10% damage, so if the bulk of your damage or all of it comes from a single element type I would imagine 20% elemental being better.

Unless the calculation is different, and it's 1main stat = 1% damage scaled off base damage. In which case i have no idea how to calculate that.

Begaria

20 elemental always beats 1000 main stat

I haven't crunched any numbers or anything, but wouldn't it matter one way or another based on diminishing return? Like if I didn't have any elemental damage, sure, 20% damage would be awesome, but I'm sitting at about 75% elemental damage myself. Wouldn't have mattered one way or another specifically for my amulet since I needed CC rerolled back on to the amulet and wouldn't have rerolled the main stat to get it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I haven't crunched any numbers or anything, but wouldn't it matter one way or another based on diminishing return? Like if I didn't have any elemental damage, sure, 20% damage would be awesome, but I'm sitting at about 75% elemental damage myself. Wouldn't have mattered one way or another specifically for my amulet since I needed CC rerolled back on to the amulet and wouldn't rerolled the main stat.

At low mainstat levels 20% damage is easier to achieve with lower mainstat values (like I think at 2500 mainstat you'd only need 500 to boost your damage by 20%) but at higher values raw % damage is gonna be better because the amount you'd need to match it in mainstat would be impossible to get on a single piece. (at 10,000 main stat you'd need 2000 mainstat to bump your damage up by 20% which is impossible to get on a piece while 20% damage is very possible to get)

But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
awful day for drops, not even mooching off my friend's T10 stuff helped ;_;

Obviously there's transmog and even dyes, but I can't help it, clown suit prevails. Especially since I replace stuff frequently enough, getting a look seems like a waste of time at the moment.

Two gifts today. Still need a really awesome weapon for them however. Build is shaping up though. Even with mediocre luck on the cube.

Celegus

Finally got myself a decent Hellfire Amulet. It's not Ancient, and it has 10% less crit damage, more strength (677 -> 738), rerolled to 10% CC (old had 9.5%) than my old amulet but it'll do quite nicely thanks to the passive:

Pretty happy with it. Food for thought though, I wonder if it's worth farming machines/doing ubers continuously for an even better amulet or farming bounties for the Reforge Legendary materials to try and make it Ancient. Does reforging a Hellfire Amulet change what passive it gives you? If so, that might be more risky.

You reforge that thing and I'm jumping through the internet to punch you in the face. That thing is basically godlike, a bazillion times better than the dozens of trash I've crafted.

I'm still not convinced 2.3 didn't patch Gifts out of existence. 20+ hours non season T10 and GRs + 150 paragon levels in S4, nooooothing.

Dahbomb

Game keeps moving in a good direction. I think the game desperately needs an xpac that just totally kills sets for good though. The POE way of having only unique items is a lot more compelling.

Then again it feels like Blizzard backed themselves into a corner already so idk.
Sets are cool man.

D3's problem is that sets are way, way too good now. That's the real problem. It's also not even that sets are too good, it's that sets that are 6 PIECES are too good. Which really restricts your item slots. They need some way to make sets not as strong as before so you can play more items on your characters.

They sort of did that with the Kanai's Cube but it's not really enough.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the zeitgeist of everyone but me playing season is getting to me. going back to my season DH (as opposed to my normal DH). As soon as I do, the sentry quiver drops, if thats not a sign I dont know what is.

Can a brother get a invite to the EU guild or is it full?

Wolfie5

Got my second Uliana set item and also have 2 of Reiment set. Went from T1 to T4 comfortably. Might be able to do higher, haven't tried yet. Also had an anchient Lion's claw from before. Love that exploding palm skill, everything just dies very quickly.

Besides the set bonuses and my main weapon, my gear is not that good. But the set bonuses are really so good I can do T4 easy with my average gear. I have so much stuff to improve.
My rings(not that good yet) at least has 2 leg gems. Still haven't found a decent amy that I can socket. So no gem there yet.
I did get an amy(arcane beams from elites now heal me) that I put on my cube. So happy with that amy.

Pretty happy with the progress I am making now. Legs drop more frequently at T4, so it most likely won't be too long before I get my upgrades :)

neoism

so guys this is a little OT but could anyone please help me... I was playing d3 and my monitor turned off.. I thought I just my have pressed the button or something but then my computer just started going off and on off and on... So I disconnect the powersupply and I thought it was toast... a dos black screen came up and basically said press enter to resume it goes back to what I was doing and I got this error first time ever....

sorry for shitty pic will link it...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNxdFaaWUAArIN9.jpg

everything seems to be working but im not sure if its my card or the powersuppy or just some error???? anyone know whats up thanks... for info
ok google got me this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149535909

How do I get into the GAF clan? Do I follow the instructions from the locked GAF clan thread? I wasn't sure since it has been locked for quite some time now.

Okaywe're running a bunch of GRs now and the density in every one of them was off the charts. Even the Cow level was then way more packed than earlier today.

Either we're lucky, there's some weird shenanigans, or they hotfixed (or patched rather) the density.

Addnan

Nice! Just curious, how much single target DPS are HOTA barbs doing compared to Uliana monks now?
In terms of actual maths I couldn't tell you, but it feels pretty high. They complement each other quite well. EP has the aoe and HOTA just smashes things.
Does that shit say 7 billion damage?

Yes with CoE and my gear is not that well optimised, straight up missing 30% damage since I am lacking ancient weapon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I did see my exploding palm scale from 800k to 8 million pretty fast, but I didn't know it would continue like that.

Rhaknar

Doesn't matter what difficulty you get the cube in right? I still haven't gotten it in season and just want to quickly get it done

Dice

I searched every inch of the new ruins and didn't find any spirit to kill for any artifact. Thanks for not explaining jack shit while shoving it in my face every time I launch Adventure mode, Blizz.

Spoilers:
ymNLkzN.jpg
yo homey you're supposed to wake up so I can kick your ass like leoric

Dice

Why would you want to kick his ass he's not a bad guy
Because I'm that annoyed with Blizzard making me search around online for basic information about what there even is to do in the game and how to do it after I couldn't find it despite the cue for trying being the first thing that pops up every time I launch the game.

Edit: Do I have to do it in story mode? That would be incredibly dumb since Kulle is there talking about it in adventure mode.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Because I'm that annoyed with Blizzard making me search around online for basic information about what there even is to do in the game and how to do it after I couldn't find it despite the cue for trying being the first thing that pops up every time I launch the game.

Edit: Do I have to do it in story mode? That would be incredibly dumb since Kulle is there talking about it in adventure mode.

No, Sescheron is only in Adventure mode. Explore around, the cube is always there somewhere.

You didn't find the cube ? gee, just explore more, it's not hard to find
The immortal king is there either for cosmetic reasons (doubt it) or for a future quest or expansion

Dice

No, Sescheron is only in Adventure mode. Explore around, the cube is always there somewhere.
You didn't find the cube ? gee, just explore more, it's not hard to find
I call bullshit. I very very slowly and deliberately searched every inch of the place, continuously checking the map to make sure I wasn't missing some small path.

Wolfie5

Okay don't believe me, but when I spend over an hour killing exactly 1 trillion goatmen to make sure I've searched every tiny crevice, I'm going to believe me.

Well, you missed it. Look for it in the second area.

Also, wow at that Ulianas 4th set bonus. That is a big boost in dmg. I have 2 set and a RoRG, just need one more set piece and I can probably go up a bit in difficulty from T3. Think I will try to get a Helmet set piece from cube or gambling. That will be a nice upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom