• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willectro

Banned
This season is the best time I've had with D3 since launch. I'm actually getting decent drops that I can actually use. I couldn't start on Friday night, so I'm just going to have a good time with this season as I've never been competitive on ladder. Good job Blizz.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This season is the best time I've had with D3 since launch. I'm actually getting decent drops that I can actually use. I couldn't start on Friday night, so I'm just going to have a good time with this season as I've never been competitive on ladder. Good job Blizz.

Don't worry, you can still be competitive because the season lasts too long lol

Does Blood Brother only work for Crusaders?
Playing Monk and the block chance in my sheet says 18% but the amount it blocks says 0-0. So I take it the proc is useless or am I reading it wrong. Too early in the morning for this.

I think that's how it's supposed to work? Not too sure but I assume if you don't have a shield, you block for 0. You could still use a cubed covenant shield or whatever the name is to reduce dmg by 60% on every of these hits. Or maybe it's just a paperdoll display error, you tried seeing if it works? I had one but pretty sure I threw it in the cube already to get those stupid season journey achievements. Unrelated but shit's buggy too, apparently some items don't count or whatever, I got the 25 cubed power one with 30ish cubed powers and ppl are saying they have 50 and didn't get credit yet.

My only complain now is dropping ramaladni's, their drop rate is bullshit and if you're a bit unlucky you'll get jackshit
I think they could make the gift's mechanic a cube recipe now

inter

Just had a ridiculous ancient Lion's Claw drop for me. Rolled 10% damage and 10% CDR. Fingers crossed for a Ramaladni's Gift soon.

Firemind

My only complain now is dropping ramaladni's, their drop rate is bullshit and if you're a bit unlucky you'll get jackshit
They should have abolished sockets on weapons a long time ago. There's no other alternative besides emeralds, which makes the whole process more cumbersome than not.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
18 hours only P30? Too slow bro. Hell, with a barb, I could probably gain a level every act run which takes like 15 minutes. Too bad life got in the way. Also, use Leoric's Crown plus ruby.

Yeah, I agree I'm too slow compared to 90% of you, my problem is I have no idea how you guys do it, LOL. And I was wearing three pcs of Cain's for almost half of my playtime too, right up until 70 where I switched to crafted and gambled rares/legs/sets. I was even in public games for a good part of those hours as well.

It's like there's some secret to the process that I just never know the truth of....

Either way, I've been having fun with my first 70 monk. It's an interesting class, dashing around and dropping lightning pillars onto everything. Seems incredibly durable too, I can survive most anything so far, I just kill incredibly slowly on T2 or above yet.

I said the exact same thing last night. I don't care if it's the most ridiculous recipe in the cube. If you're flat out unlucky, you can go a whole season without getting them I'd imagine. And they make a big difference in some cases. Especially if you need cooldown on your weapons.

They should have abolished sockets on weapons a long time ago. There's no other alternative besides emeralds, which makes the whole process more cumbersome than not.

That too. The only time you use anything else is when you're starting a new character. In that case, a ruby makes more sense.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I could never do hardcore, I'd die by like level 30. Play this game way too aggressively.

I thought I'd try something different. I typically play super aggressive, but I've not been doing that this time around.

I started out on Normal, then bumped up to Hard then Expert and haven't had any major scares. I hit level 55 last night, and I'm finding mobs a tad harder to kill... though I think I just need a new weapon.

Try to get sockets in helm/armor/pants, also get lvl 70 in every slots
Also try to get CHC/CHD on gloves, helm, amulet, bracers, finally try to get an ancient weapon with good damage roll whatever its bonuses

Use crafting for all that (well except the weapon, you'll have to loot it) and T1 will be super easy

Thanks! Ancient stuff doesn't drop until I switch to T1 difficulty though, right?

I got myself up to 70 this weekend, and have had some obscene luck this season so far. Got a RoRG when I was around 68, and my first legendary helm was a Carnevil. all I need is 2 pieces of zunimassa's and I'll be ready to really wreck some faces.

I dont quite have any of the items I want for my monk but I've gotten some good alternatives

I got that lion glove that makes my seven sided strike hit 14 times. I just spam cyclone strike and then SSS with the holy explosion rune. Not the shenlong infinite spirit build that I was going for, but effective for now.

I did get my hellfire amulet with one of the passives for my build so that was pretty cool

I'm guessing that this is about the time I'll get better gear as far as percentages go sometimes, but because of the passives I'll want to ignore that shit

EDIT: is there any reason to level a 2nd character as seasonal? I have a barbarian I'm playing with a friend but feels unecessary because I already have a 70

Yup.... death breaths are the bottleneck for sure.

I'm currently sitting on 2000-2300 normal, blue, and yellow mats..... but just 205 death Breaths. That's only enough to upgrade 8 rares to legendaries with plenty of the others to spare.

Right now it would feel like a waste to spend those resources on anything except converting 1 set item to another (whenever I get duplicates). That recipe is pretty reasonable.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, you have to be Paragon 100 for T7? I guess they've done it to stop leeches in public, but if my friend invites me and wants to give me a little boost why isn't that allowed? :(

Bah, you have to be Paragon 100 for T7? I guess they've done it to stop leeches in public, but if my friend invites me and wants to give me a little boost why isn't that allowed? :(

I think it worked when I invited a friend? Then again maybe I did some T6 first so he had paragon 100 before we started doing higher stuff.

I'm pretty positive I carried some other folks on TX earlier that weren't plvl 100 yet.

So after playing only solo for almost the entirety of D3, I happened to do a few rifts with somebody with the [NeoGAF] clan tag. How can I get in on this, and do you guys regularly do group rifts together?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah, I agree I'm too slow compared to 90% of you, my problem is I have no idea how you guys do it, LOL. And I was wearing three pcs of Cain's for almost half of my playtime too, right up until 70 where I switched to crafted and gambled rares/legs/sets. I was even in public games for a good part of those hours as well.

It's like there's some secret to the process that I just never know the truth of....

Either way, I've been having fun with my first 70 monk. It's an interesting class, dashing around and dropping lightning pillars onto everything. Seems incredibly durable too, I can survive most anything so far, I just kill incredibly slowly on T2 or above yet.

What we do is class stack, so if we are in a party with 3 witch doctors, the chance for set drops is 3x higher so we can give each other set pieces and we gear out really quickly when it comes to class specific drops.

Also one of my friends keeps pushing our limits so that keeps us going, we probably played like 26 hours this weekend and by the end of it each one of us could solo GR52 no problem and we were clearing GR50 as a group in under 6 minutes.

Moments where one person got really lucky ended up benefiting the group because when I got two convention of the elements to drop I was able to keep one and donate the other to my friend who hadn't gotten one yet. Then when he got a duplicate on his belt of transcendance he just threw it my way. It really helps the most with getting focus and restraint going.

It really just keeps the pace of getting pieces steady.

It also helps that now we've hit critical mass and can carry our other friends who get a late start, like yesterday we brought a friend from level 1 to paragon 200 in about 6 hours, he got full ancients and some other pieces due to luck since he was playing a barb and we were WD's but when you can speed farm GR50s the loot just rains from the heavens.

Artanisix

Game keeps moving in a good direction. I think the game desperately needs an xpac that just totally kills sets for good though. The POE way of having only unique items is a lot more compelling.

Then again it feels like Blizzard backed themselves into a corner already so idk.

^
For that reason it would be nice if there was some kind of solo ladder eventually. There's so many benefits to group play, many of which you kind of want to have, that anyone who wants a shot at the ladder can forget solo playing.

Maledict

Game keeps moving in a good direction. I think the game desperately needs an xpac that just totally kills sets for good though. The POE way of having only unique items is a lot more compelling.

Then again it feels like Blizzard backed themselves into a corner already so idk.

Blizzards audiences *love* sets. I agree with you that it would be good for the game id you didn't have to rock a set bonus, but Blizzard have been moving further and further into "sets are God" for some time.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Yep I kinda hate how set heavy the game is, it really gives your class 3 bases to build off of and then you just kinda uh get off pieces I guess. You can't really get much unique jewelry either since you've basically gotta use focus / restraint and a hellfire ammy.

^
For that reason it would be nice if there was some kind of solo ladder eventually. There's so many benefits to group play, many of which you kind of want to have, that anyone who wants a shot at the ladder can forget solo playing.

Yeah the game is just built to be played with 3 other people, too many benefits to not do it. Really sucks for people who are going it alone. Joining a clan is a sort of fix but people don't really recruit and you really don't have good metrics for how solid the clan is gonna be.

Lothars

Please no, Keep POE away from Diablo, I think that would be a huge negative.

I wish it wasn't mainly sets that are god but I think sets are great to have in the game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty positive I carried some other folks on TX earlier that weren't plvl 100 yet.

Strange, it wouldn't pop up the invite and said "You have not unlocked this difficulty". The game just hates me personally I guess! :D

By having set items it allows Blizzard to have some more control over itemization and allows them to come up with relatively crazy stuff for them. If, instead of sets, you'd have many, many more items vastly changing skill builds, decent balance becomes nigh impossible. I would agree that having only legendary items with unique effects and no sets whatsoever would be the ideal, however, with just how god damn difficulty balance is in this kind of game already, I doubt it's one you can reach.

I frankly know little about PoE but I do have to wonder if they have as many unique and major effect changing uniques as D3 has legendaries (inc. sets). One also has to take into consideration just how crazy many active abilities every class in D3 actually has considering many of the ability-changing rune variations per skill.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
I'm not getting very lucky with Uliana's set, but at least I'm almost done with Fire Generator build, I'm only missing a cindercoat.
I'm still paragon 143 and i was able to carry 3 others last night in a GR35 and we were doing it pretty fast.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Doing T6 comfortably now at paragon 100.

Uliana's is a beast.

I got my gungdo gear last night, was the last major piece for the build I needed. It really is fun stuff. Every explodey every time forever.

Firemind

By having set items it allows Blizzard to have some more control over itemization and allows them to come up with relatively crazy stuff for them. If, instead of sets, you'd have many, many more items vastly changing skill builds, decent balance becomes nigh impossible. I would agree that having only legendary items with unique effects and no sets whatsoever would be the ideal, however, with just how god damn difficulty balance is in this kind of game already, I doubt it's one you can reach.

I frankly know little about PoE but I do have to wonder if they have as many unique and major effect changing uniques as D3 has legendaries (inc. sets). One also has to take into consideration just how crazy many active abilities every class in D3 actually has considering many of the ability-changing rune variations per skill.
Yet people still use items for static abilities such as Furnace, Hexing Pants and Focus/Restraint. In the end it's all about raw damage if you want to be successful. In D2, there was a difficulty cap, which allowed for more competitive builds. Also, don't forget it had PvP which had its own metagame.

Blizzard is now unfortunately forced to upend their previous patches with higher and higher numbers until the game is dead. Frankly it's unsustainable unless they come up with all-new classes.

Playing solo is a real slog. I'm paragon 94. Doing T4 right now with a weird mish-mash of gear. Still have 2 rare rings yet (my legendary rings have all been crap). I haven't had much luck in getting anything I need to put together a decent set either. Kadala aint giving me nuffin and I don't have enough resources yet to upgrade rares en mass.

I'd like to try playing in a group but I'm constantly pausing the game because real life exists...

So I got 3 Ramal's Gifts today... Now if only I could get an ancient weapon that doesn't suck, that'd be great. The best one I got so far is a Fist of Az, the monk one, and I'm a WD. Cube not giving me the ancients rerolls on Suwong Diviner/Scrimshaw rare conversions.

Begaria

Finally got myself a decent Hellfire Amulet. It's not Ancient, and it has 10% less crit damage, more strength (677 -> 738), rerolled to 10% CC (old had 9.5%) than my old amulet but it'll do quite nicely thanks to the passive:

CNwll91UsAAZp1k.jpg

Pretty happy with it. Food for thought though, I wonder if it's worth farming machines/doing ubers continuously for an even better amulet or farming bounties for the Reforge Legendary materials to try and make it Ancient. Does reforging a Hellfire Amulet change what passive it gives you? If so, that might be more risky.

Near P100 on Seasonal Hardcore. Just farming T1 until I get the rest of my set and decide on a build. I've got TWO Starmetal Kukris in three long playsessions. Playing solo because grouping is good for leaderboard and paragon climbing but terrible for actually enjoying character progression.

Hardcore seems super safe in D3 compared to Path of Exile. In POE there was a million things that could one shot you. I haven't dropped below 80% or so life in like forever on my D3 witch doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom