• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

damn, I should do Torment 8 now for a guaranteed Death's Breath drop.

Normal – 15%
Hard – 18%
Expert – 21%
Master – 25%
Torment 1 – 31%
Torment 2 – 37%
Torment 3 – 44%
Torment 4 – 53%
Torment 5 – 64%
Torment 6 – 77%
Torment 7 – 90%
Torment 8 – 100%, 5% chance of a 2nd DB.
Torment 9 – 100%, 15% chance of a 2nd DB.
Torment 10 – 100%, 25% chance of a 2nd DB.

Also, is it possible to use Uliana's (6) + Sage's set (3)?

Yeah sage slots are really annoying. I used a Sage build on my WD today for a bit to farm DB on T8, I'm not sure it's particularily worth it mostly cause the build is really meh with the sage slot. As a WD you can't use Arachyr or Helltooth 6pc at all, so you have to use Zunimasa which means you need to go Carnevil since pet zuni is pretty garbage. Problem is you need to use the ring so no F+R and you also can't use Mask of Jeram/Carnevil at the same time cause you need either boots/gloves/helm for 6pc zuni and you need 2 of these for Sage too. So overall, it's a really bad Carnevil build, it does T8 at a decent pace but not great. T7 is relatively fast but you can still get no DB.

So overall, it's faster for DB than doing T10 with Helltooth, but you lose quite a lot of xp and legendary chance for it. Seems good if you really want to dump DBs into upgrading stuff over everything, which was the case for me, I really needed a weapon.

Which leads me to my question, thought on what to reroll on a Furnace that has Int/Vit/Attackspeed? I'm thinking Attack speed into damage since it'll give more damage overall, but I could roll the vit, however it feels like it might not be worth it considering it's like 1300vit which is a huge chunk of hp, good for high GRs and the 5%attackspeed(shit roll) is probably not worth it. I'm correct right? Oh and I'll gift a socket so that's not a concern.

Yeah sage slots are really annoying. I used a Sage build on my WD today for a bit to farm DB on T8, I'm not sure it's particularily worth it mostly cause the build is really meh with the sage slot. As a WD you can't use Arachyr or Helltooth 6pc at all, so you have to use Zunimasa which means you need to go Carnevil since pet zuni is pretty garbage. Problem is you need to use the ring so no F+R and you also can't use Mask of Jeram/Carnevil at the same time cause you need either boots/gloves/helm for 6pc zuni and you need 2 of these for Sage too. So overall, it's a really bad Carnevil build, it does T8 at a decent pace but not great. T7 is relatively fast but you can still get no DB.

So overall, it's faster for DB than doing T10 with Helltooth, but you lose quite a lot of xp and legendary chance for it. Seems good if you really want to dump DBs into upgrading stuff over everything, which was the case for me, I really needed a weapon.

Which leads me to my question, thought on what to reroll on a Furnace that has Int/Vit/Attackspeed? I'm thinking Attack speed into damage since it'll give more damage overall, but I could roll the vit, however it feels like it might not be worth it considering it's like 1300vit which is a huge chunk of hp, good for high GRs and the 5%attackspeed(shit roll) is probably not worth it. I'm correct right? Oh and I'll gift a socket so that's not a concern.
Couldn't you do 2pc arachyr + 2pc helltooth + 3pc sage ?
You should get decent DPS to be able to farm DB
For uliana's monk only the 6pc is really valuable sadly, so you don't even have a middle ground option :/

Attack speed generally sucks on weapons imo

for monk basically do this
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57396-quin69-gr69-generator-build

but replace helm/boots/gloves with sage
you'll need to fit in another raiment set item, probably chest armor
Losses are not huge (cindercoat, leoric's, magefist) so you can still easily farm T8 or even T10 with really good gear (I like te 25% chance for an extra DB)

You can do 2pc+2pc, but it's really not that good compared to a 6pc bonus. I guess with F+R and a good weapon it might be better, I'd need to try now that I have an ancient weapon, but I don't know about doing T8 with it decently.

Switching between stuff though makes me wish we could save skill/passive/gear setups. It's a pain in the ass redoing all my skills, always forget something like the cubes or the passives.

ZenaxPure

Switching between stuff though makes me wish we could save skill/passive/gear setups. It's a pain in the ass redoing all my skills, always forget something like the cubes or the passives.

It's something the game could really use. I always end up leveling multiple of the same class on seasons cause as far as I am concerned it takes less time to get power leveled to 70 than it does constantly swapping entire build/gear (and now cube) sets over the course of a few months. This is really holding true for me right now since I am spending more time doing bounties than I have in the past and I use a completely different build for that.

damn, I should do Torment 8 now for a guaranteed Death's Breath drop.

Normal – 15%
Hard – 18%
Expert – 21%
Master – 25%
Torment 1 – 31%
Torment 2 – 37%
Torment 3 – 44%
Torment 4 – 53%
Torment 5 – 64%
Torment 6 – 77%
Torment 7 – 90%

Also, is it possible to use Uliana's (6) + Sage's set (3)?

What's the source of those values? Having run a lot of T10 I'm more inclined to believe that the additional chance would be rather 75%+.

It's something the game could really use. I always end up leveling multiple of the same class on seasons cause as far as I am concerned it takes less time to get power leveled to 70 than it does constantly swapping entire build/gear (and now cube) sets over the course of a few months. This is really holding true for me right now since I am spending more time doing bounties than I have in the past and I use a completely different build for that.

That's actually a pretty good idea, didn't think of that. Then again I think it'd be faster for me to roll a monk and dump bloodshards until I can do a generator build for farming DBs, but not sure I care enough. Luckily bounties isn't an issue, all I do is replace piranhado with hex chicken and equip majuma and I'm ready.

Tovarisc

Borderline forced grind of dull Act bounties is just ugh... but then I can only blame myself for wanting that Season Journey maxed out.

Borderline forced grind of dull Act bounties is just ugh... but then I can only blame myself for wanting that Season Journey maxed out.

It's not that long in a good group, and even in pubs it goes pretty fast. Can generally do 2runs an hour in pubs, 3 in a good group(sadly only like 1.5 if solo), 8 mats per run, you need 100 for the season journey, that's 6hours and a half of bounties in pubs, spread out over a period of time since you only need 100 for the last step anyway. Meanwhile getting the gear to do GR60 solo takes like 10-15times that, maybe even more.

But yeah, bounties are zzz.

Zelias

Banned
Got full Vyr's and Chantodo's now. Popping Archon and blowing everything up is hilarious. Might need more survivability in normal form though.

I skipped Season 3, but thanks to all the changes ( no more GR trials! ), and the fact that I made my first ever WD, I am having a blast!

Paragon Level 203 and full Helltooth set. Now I need that Ancient weapon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This ring O_O

wZ9t63x.jpg

I happened to have two sets with 2 of 3 required pieces equipped.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
This ring O_O

wZ9t63x.jpg

I happened to have two sets with 2 of 3 required pieces equipped.

It's always fun seeing people who are fairly new to the game find out about all the cool stuff that's in the game :).

FYI ever since patch 2.3, people have been cubing this item to get the -1 set requirement as a passive. That's because the ring itself is actually kinda bad since it always rolls attack speed (not so great). People would rather use an actual good ring and just get the bonus via Kanai's cube.

Have pretty much everything now but a decent hellfire amulet. And a furnace to cube. Besides min-maxing stuff however slightly. But that was pretty fucking fast. Only other thing I really would need is a second unity to push higher grifts solo.

I fucked up and rerolled the life per fury on my weapon instead of the vit though. Pretty much perfect weapon too :/ Shouldn't have been so hasty.

Ultratech

Got 2pc Helltooth and Arachyr last night.

Holy crap at the damage boost. Things just melt right now.

Now if I can get an RROG, I can take advantage of the 4pc Helltooth and get that sweet 50% damage reduction.

Firemind

There is literally no reason to craft lvl. 70 set legendaries anymore. I only crafted the Sage's because I need Death's Breaths, but seriously, wtb mats.

I suggest sticking to T1 until you get a really strong set which would allow you to hit T6 directly
Better faceroll T1 than struggle a bit in T2

inter

There isn't any easier way to farm RoRG in 2.3 is there? I've got 3pc SWK, 3pc Inna's, and a torch now so the 4pc bonuses would be pretty nice until I can get Uliana's.

JoeMartin

Where'd you see that? Because feels like:

Torment 8 – 100%, 25% chance of a 2nd DB.
Torment 9 – 100%, 50% chance of a 2nd DB.
Torment 10 – 100%, 75% chance of a 2nd DB.

Well im done.

The lag with HT WD is just too much and makes grouping unplayable. If only they gave solo play as much love as group, it wouldn't be so bad.

Well im done.

The lag with HT WD is just too much and makes grouping unplayable. If only they gave solo play as much love as group, it wouldn't be so bad.

you sure they didn't fix it ?
Playing with a friend WD and he has HT + grim reaper and in geom so he spams it like crazy and I have no issues

Entropia

No One Remembers
Almost 70 on my Hardcore Crusader, should be there tonight.

I haven't done the cube thing yet. I unlocked it, but I haven't used it. Have I been gimping myself?

I haven't done the cube thing yet. I unlocked it, but I haven't used it. Have I been gimping myself?

Can't really use the cube for most of the stuff until 61 anyway since you need Death Breath for the good stuff, so not really. Now that you're 70 however, you want to unlock it asap, so you can start cubing various legendary affixes and upgrade rare weapons to legendary to find the ones you want(2H mace to furnace tends to be common since it's both a great cube and a great weapon to have, but depending on your class other stuff might be better first).

Short answer is yes. But it also depends on what gear you have found so far. But (almost) anything is better then nothing. Remember that items that go into the cube doesn't have to be level 70 items. I found an rorg when leveling and threw that one into the cube, works like a charm.

JSoup

Banned
It's always fun seeing people who are fairly new to the game find out about all the cool stuff that's in the game :).

It even happens with people aren't exactly new, but don't play often past finishing a season character, like myself.

Like, I found a Nagelring at level 23. That thing is so over powered, that I was able (as witch doctor) to throw my game to T1 and coasted through all way to 70.

Baliis

Man I had such a crazy night on my monk last night. Cubed a flow of eternity, followed immediately by a lions claw, then walked over to kadala and rolled spirit guards. Played around for a bit, then rolled focus from kadala, then bought one belt and got the SSS belt.

Jumped 15 gr levels at least, haven't tried higher yet, and can really focus on trying to get a better weapon now.

Oh. That's very doable. We already have at least 2 overpowered Barbs and 1 OP Witchdoctor in the clan. We should organise.

The conquest is just a GR60, group or otherwise, but the last step of the season journey requires a solo clear of a GR60. Like after the chapters you can see the season journey follows the same pattern, you need more kanai cube powers, ubers stuff then conquest stuff(1 2 3 conquests), clearing normal rifts on increasing torment difficulty with lower time ending at T10 in under 2minutes(which is also a conquest so that doubles up), upgrading legendary gems and doing GRs solo.

Do note that the cube part is kinda buggy atm and you need varying amounts of cubed powers to actually unlock it, not sure if it's going to be an issue for the completion of the journey or not.

Just got this. It really sucks to have something like this and no gift to use on it.

ZOiHl8K.png

trash RCR roll
throwgame.gif

jk, gj. Roll damage for socket and later get a 10% + ramaladni ? don't know what's the best between rerolling damage range for higher roll or %damage in your case, probably damage range

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It got to half a million per enchant attempt so I decided just to build a new helm and I got the socket I wanted.
Fair enough trade. I think I'll trade the armor for dexterity or a percentage increase on exploding palm or tempest rush. Health/regen stuff is dumb at this point because I can pretty much stand in death forever without a scratch AND have a hold break/invulnerability/free movement/heal skill if I get trapped AND have a get out of death free every 60 seconds passive.

I also have Lion's Claws and Shenlong's Fist of Legend and Sunwuko's Paws so... yay for presently-useless first parts of sets? Oh, and I'm wearing Blackthorne's Surcoat.

Firemind

It got to half a million per enchant attempt so I decided just to build a new helm and I got the socket I wanted.
Fair enough trade. I think I'll trade the armor for dexterity or a percentage increase on exploding palm or tempest rush.
why

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Cool condensed info

attachment.php

note : 2x33% means 1 + 33% chance to have 2, so technically 133%

Oops, I had heard T3 was needed for 3 and had been repeating that. Sorry for the wrong info folks.

Man I had such a crazy night on my monk last night. Cubed a flow of eternity, followed immediately by a lions claw, then walked over to kadala and rolled spirit guards. Played around for a bit, then rolled focus from kadala, then bought one belt and got the SSS belt.

Jumped 15 gr levels at least, haven't tried higher yet, and can really focus on trying to get a better weapon now.

Nice! I've had hilariously bad luck this season in some ways. Finally got a second Uliana's item last night. I did get a madstone on my first cube upgrade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom