• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've either encountered a major glitch or an undocumented change - the RoRG just dropped from an Act III/IV cache (not sure which - opened both consecutively). I'm running T7 bounties in bonus order and Act I is still incomplete.

Act 4 cache can drop any item

Armaros

I just never seem to get enough gold, ever. Every time I upgrade the smith, there goes a huge chunk. Take gems out, more gone and I just don't pick up a lot. Can anyone help?

I'm HiroProt4gonist on Xbox One. I think the most gold I've ever had is 300,000 and that's because I let myself die a ton and didn't spend it on anything.

1. Farm Treasure Goblins until you get a portal
2. Kill Greed and get Boon of Hoarder gem.
3. Spend an hour running stuff with the gem socketed

Your gold problems are over.

Bombless

That or get a puzzle ring, cube it (no mats, just hit transmute) and go through the portal.

GorillaJu

Can someone with more experience here tell me why I can't progress past Grift 50? I've beaten 52 one time I think and failed 4 or 5 times since. Both damage and survivability seem to be issues for me.

Here's my Carn WD build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BaconOfHope-1691/hero/65233236

Is it just a matter of needing better item numbers? I guess my Dagger of Darts is pretty mediocre.

For some reason my profile isn't showing that I have RORG cubed, maybe it just didn't update since I got my RORG, or maybe I just discovered that I didn't actually equip the RORG effect and I'm not getting Zuni 6-piece and Aughild 3-piece bonuses... Fuck me I need to check that when I get home.

I just never seem to get enough gold, ever. Every time I upgrade the smith, there goes a huge chunk. Take gems out, more gone and I just don't pick up a lot. Can anyone help?

I'm HiroProt4gonist on Xbox One. I think the most gold I've ever had is 300,000 and that's because I let myself die a ton and didn't spend it on anything.

Meanwhile...

x4SNF83.png

I get a LOT of puzzle rings.

Gotchaye

I finally got all the pieces for an Archon build, and it's a lot more satisfying than Tal Rasha so far. Tal Rasha's so finicky with how you've got to be paying attention to the buff and cycling through four different offensive spells. And you're using all these no-fun fire-and-forget spells like Blizzard and Hydra. Meanwhile, you could pop Archon and then just run around killing things at super speed. It's not quite as great as the old infinite Archon could be when your stacks added duration, but it cools down quickly with the Zodiac ring so uptime is pretty great, and semi-permanent super stacks keep you alive even outside of Archon form. What really sucks is hitting a dead end, losing your stacks, and then having to build up Chantodo's without the benefit of near-invulnerability and doubled attack speed.

Does this apply to vanilla D3 as well or only RoS? What's the best way to get gold in D3, other than buying RoS lol.

Armaros

I finally got all the pieces for an Archon build, and it's a lot more satisfying than Tal Rasha so far. Tal Rasha's so finicky with how you've got to be paying attention to the buff and cycling through four different offensive spells. And you're using all these no-fun fire-and-forget spells like Blizzard and Hydra. Meanwhile, you could pop Archon and then just run around killing things at super speed. It's not quite as great as the old infinite Archon could be when your stacks added duration, but it cools down quickly with the Zodiac ring so uptime is pretty great, and semi-permanent super stacks keep you alive even outside of Archon form. What really sucks is hitting a dead end, losing your stacks, and then having to build up Chantodo's without the benefit of near-invulnerability and doubled attack speed.

pure tal rasha looks to be weaker then Delrasha which uses 4 pc delsere and 6 pc tal rasha. (majority of Delrasha's damage is Slow Time and Meteor Shower)

the 6 pc bonus buffs the 4 pc delsere slow time dot , and you can now get the meteor boots and Crown of Primus for damage and control with the Cube (and RoRG which allows you to use F+R)

ElyrionX

General question on DH. If I have only one each of Krider and Calamity, which one should I cube? I am assuming Calamity since the higher raw damage of a bow will make it better as an actual equip for spamming hatred spenders?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
General question on DH. If I have only one each of Krider and Calamity, which one should I cube? I am assuming Calamity since the higher raw damage of a bow will make it better for spamming hatred spenders?

Calamity because nobody used marked for death and now we can

Also give me that calamity because it won't drop for me ;_;

badbrains

Hello, is there any chance I'd be able to get an invite to the US NeoGAF clan? My bt is Dave#12625. I've been trying to get on contact with an officer but haven't had any luck. I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hello, is there any chance I'd be able to get an invite to the US NeoGAF clan? My bt is Dave#12625. I've been trying to get on contact with an officer but haven't had any luck. I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Ok, you have an invitation waiting now. Edit: done

Wolfie5

Got really lucky with getting the items I wanted last night. Just before closing the game, I tried the cube and finally got Flow of Eternity :)
Couldn't go to bed without at least testing SSS, so I played a rift at T7 in group and Gungdo Gear dropped :)
After that I tried the cube again as I had enough for two tries and on my second try I got a Madstone :)

I only tested with Madstone for a few minutes at T7 and wow, SSS got a whole lot better. And thanks to Eternity, I can use SSS every 3-4 second.

Can't wait to play some more later today. Next on my most wanted item, Fist of Az. Heard it's hard to get.

Rhaknar

Wonder what they'll do to marauder set. I love the build and play style but I feel like I almost reached my threshold already and it ain't very high.

I'm still looking for that rain of vengeance belt to try natalya (a build with strafe sounds fun) but I really hated the accursed set multishot build. In fact I use multishot on my marauder but just couldn't get into it on the "proper" multishot set.

Nymerio

Wait what, that's not supposed to be possible if you're talking about the "Convert Set Item" recipe.

You're using the reroll legendary item recipe instead of the convert set item one.

Act IV bag drops legendaries of all other acts, it doesn't have it's own list.

I'm using the Teleport AoE damage rune (the wave of force is arcane damage) in my Tal'rasha build, it's fun as hell. Beats having to use Twister too, can't stand the damn thing.

omg, lol. I know it was time to go to bed :D

So 390 paragon levels later, I have geared my monk pretty well. 5 Gifts, Ancient Fist of Az'Turrasq, ancient Lion's Claw, ancient Gungdo Gear, a couple pieces of the ancient set, yet I have yet to find a single Madstone :(

Dahbomb

So 390 paragon levels later, I have geared my monk pretty well. 5 Gifts, Ancient Fist of Az'Turrasq, ancient Lion's Claw, ancient Gungdo Gear, a couple pieces of the ancient set, yet I have yet to find a single Madstone :(
You don't need Madstone to be honest. It's nice to have and makes speed farming easier but at the highest level it's definitely not necessary.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So... GR21 is much harder than GR12. I still did it, but there were several close calls. I think one time my get out of death free passive activated. T4 is good for bounty runs, just to keep things interesting, but they seemed to hit much harder in that GR. I'm kind of in a weird spot tho because I'm completely OP for T3 in terms of offense but my defense is just right for it.

eek5

So... GR21 is much harder than GR12. I still did it, but there were several close calls. I think one time my get out of death free passive activated. T4 is good for bounty runs, just to keep things interesting, but they seemed to hit much harder in that GR. I'm kind of in a weird spot tho because I'm completely OP for T3 in terms of offense but my defense is just right for it.

You can really never have too much offense man! Just have to increase your mobility so you can take advantage of it ;)

You don't need Madstone to be honest. It's nice to have and makes speed farming easier but at the highest level it's definitely not necessary.

Yea I really just want it for speed farming. Feels so much faster when I group with monks that have it... by the time I get 3 punches out the mobs are usually all dead already lol

Sölf

Since I am a total noob, can I still upgrade legendary gems after I have socketed them into an item? I guess I can't, eh?

beardedmoose

Neo Member
Sölf;177544943 said:
Since I am a total noob, can I still upgrade legendary gems after I have socketed them into an item? I guess I can't, eh?

Unless they changed something with the last patch, I'm pretty sure you can do that with no problem whatsoever.

Rhaknar

Sölf;177544943 said:

You can

Sölf

Thanks for the answer. So I can actually socket one into my hellfie amulet instead of doing 1-2 more GRifts to update it to 25. xD

Yeah you can upgrade any gem that is in your chest, inventory or in one of your jewels (doesn't work for gems that are socketed in other characters' jewels)

Wallach

Did a little more GR pushing this morning before getting some sleep and managed 58 with about 2:30 remaining on the DH. Will probably go back to farming Paragon and finding gear & gem level upgrades before I go any further.

Addnan

My infamous Demon Hunter loot luck continues in S4, man.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Metzger-1974/hero/65936411

Ancient Yang's and good ancient Hellfire Amulet, along with six Ramaladni's and a bunch of other nice pieces already this season. Every season is going to be me making a WD and a DH, followed by me stopping the WD like two days in because loot rains from the skies on my DH.

You found 6 in 425 paragons. I have found 5 in 730 D: wtf lol. btw a non ancient 15ms 6 crit helm would be better just in case you were using that one because it's ancient.

Wallach

You found 6 in 425 paragons. I have found 5 in 730 D: wtf lol.

I found one more after that post actually, which I handed over to Raticus (who'd passed one of his own Gift drops during that session over to Dahbomb). My DHs always turn out to be loot magnets.

XShagrath

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shagrath-1850/hero/65242884

Maybe someone can help me out with where my crit chance is coming from? I've got 14% and I know that 8% is coming from the gloves (I fucked up and haven't got new ones yet). But even if I unequip them, I still have 5% CC. The only thing I can think of is that I had the paragon CCs maxed before I got Uliana, but I have since reset that and put it into damage. Even if I reset again, it still shows 5% base CC with no gloves on. Any ideas?

Addnan

Everyone now seems to think everyone fucking bots. I get whispers of people checking I am actually at my pc and not afk farming GR keys. Seriously fuck off. I don't reply, so they probably think I am botting lol.

Dice

My Monk is just completely ridiculous now. He uses Fist of Thunder with the lightning, so that shoots lightning everywhere, but then I have a 39% chance to prov chain lightning, and then a 15% chance to get the conduit shrine power hitting enemies everywhere for 640% weapon damage for 3 seconds, but my attack speed is +25% to begin with then +75% once I get a hit in, and I think the lightning hits count so it procs all the time. Then my tempest rush is lightning, and the hits from that must count for the proc on the conduit because it starts even faster from that.

My punches are doing +300% plus 54% on the skill plus 29% on lightning (and yes that applies to all the lightning mentioned). Then I also have the stinky pants that deal 550% per second to enemies within 15 yards. But here is the real kicker... I have +0.89% increase of damage of all damage against an enemy per each hit. It apparently doesn't have to be consecutive against one enemy, but just any hit on any enemy makes then more vulnerable, so all these punches and especially all the lightning is perpetually making all of them more vulnerable every second. And then I'm still applying exploding palm with every 3rd punch, and have my 14x damage-each-strike 14 sided strike to melt screens and bosses.

I also decided to forego the get out of death skill and -20% cooldowns for better resistances so my toughness is now 36 million. I don't really have to worry about magic zones on T3, not even arcane. I want to give GR21 another shot now.

Edit: GR22 done in 10mins killing most enemies and getting a bit lost. No close calls. This build is the shit and it's only half done.

Dice

OHHHHHH DAMN

Just got a weapon with a power that decreases SSS cooldown by 55%. Chain lightning cube power is getting replaced.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
OHHHHHH DAMN

Just got a weapon with a power that decreases SSS cooldown by 55%. Chain lightning cube power is getting replaced.

Nice. Flow of Eternity is the cube item for Uliana's builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom