• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi2016

With Kulle, I think I heard re-rolling a legendary gives it perfect rolls in its stats. Is this true?
Absolutely not. It just re-rolls the item, RNG in full effect.

DyslexicAlucard said:
And how does pulling legendary affixes off them work? Is the item consumed when I do? And when I put it on another item, an I limited to one legendary affix per item?
Items are consumed and their powers added to a list. You can select any item you've ever put into the cube, so each one only has to be consumed once. When you do this, the item's legendary power is kept at it's maximum possible roll (for example, the Furnace ability will always be 50%). That may be where your source got confused about "perfect rolls" on regular items. Easiest way to learn how this works is just to do it.

Absolutely not. It just re-rolls the item, RNG in full effect.

Items are consumed and their powers added to a list. You can select any item you've ever put into the cube, so each one only has to be consumed once. When you do this, the item's legendary power is kept at it's maximum possible roll (for example, the Furnace ability will always be 50%). That may be where your source got confused about "perfect rolls" on regular items. Easiest way to learn how this works is just to do it.

Thanks for the info. And yeah, I know that's the best way to learn, but I don't have the mats for it quite yet.

I feel stupid, but I'm trying to extract my Aether Walker's affix and it keeps failing. I have the items listed. Any help?

huhljlsd.jpg

Edit: NM, got it!

I saw someone using a demon hunter with a wild build. He was shooting arrows like the spread gun in contra and these red missile looking things were coming out as well. He annihilated everyone. Any idea what build that might have been?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

XShagrath

Got my 3 legendary gems up to 25+ today. Ran a bunch of GR50s and ended up gaining over 100 paragon levels in the process.

Today was a good day.

Sioen

I'm buying this game on pc, I played it on ps4 before. Is it adviced to start a normal character before a season character?

duck_sauce

Anyone willing to quickly help me unlock adventure mode by porting to the final act boss and kill it?

Im playing on the ps4

Psn: three_muffins

:)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wait until you have the full set and lion's claw,Az'Turrasq and gungdo gear. It is magical.

I'm really looking forward to that. My base damage is still pretty meh, so when I have a single target and nothing I can kite in to get the chain reaction things can get pretty slow. Overall, though, it's great and helping a ton for general farming.

I'm really looking forward to that. My base damage is still pretty meh, so when I have a single target and nothing I can kite in to get the chain reaction things can get pretty slow. Overall, though, it's great and helping a ton for general farming.

Your sheet damage will be pretty low with u6 because you want to cube Broken Promises and thus keep your crit chance as low as possible (5% ideally).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So me and my gf just saw the Vault and Greed for the 1st time yesterday. Didn't even know that existed. My gf was super excited just seeing all that gold. Literally went from 2 millions gold to 18 millions going inside(in Torment I).

Is there a good way to farm those Goblins for a chance of a Vault portal? It seems to me that finding goblins is just "play the game and cross fingers that you'll see one". Right?

Once you have the Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem though, you probably won't need to farm money ever again. Or just in general, you don't spend nearly as much as you gain, especially as you climb higher in torments. But if you want an early boost just equip boon of the hoarder, even lvl 1, you'll make like 3-5millions per rift depending on mob types on T1, so you'll very quickly be rich enough that no amount of combining gems or rerolling will matter(other than actual materials).

MrDaravon

Got my 3 legendary gems up to 25+ today. Ran a bunch of GR50s and ended up gaining over 100 paragon levels in the process.

Today was a good day.

Pretty much exact same here. Went from T3 to T10 by the end of the day, and still missing F+R. Went from 100 mil to about 800 mil, and gained about 150 paragon levels. Got a great Ancient Yangs, Hellfire amulet, Witching Hour etc. Possibly the best day I've ever had on Diablo.

And where do you farm puzzle rings? Does it drop from a specific Bounty Act cache?

Normal legendary, but you can use the cube to target legendary rings. There's still a good amount of them possible though, so it's kinda meh. It's definitely not worth farming, but you would also get good rings out of upgrading that you'll probably need for your build such as Focus and Restraint, Obsidian ring of the zodiac, Stone of Jordan, Convention of Elements and such. I would focus on getting good weapons and 6pc set before upgrading rings.

Firemind

And where do you farm puzzle rings? Does it drop from a specific Bounty Act cache?
Well, you can farm death's breaths which in turn can be turned into legendary rings with the cube. I wouldn't specifically farm puzzle rings, but I need Unity anyway. Zero unities and a lot of puzzle rings. The cube is a harsh mistress.

Haxxor

So any tips for a NoobBarbarian on how best to:

1. Get all that gold!!!

2. Get better gear!!!

Coop is best it seems, but for single play?

Rifts? Greater rifts? Adventure mode? Killing elites?

I can clear Torment IV quite fast, maybe even Torment V, and Greater Rifts upp to level 25 (26-27 may be doable)

So what is the most efficient way to go?

Craft yellow gear > farm T1 > get 6p set > farm T6
for gold just wait til you find a puzzle ring, use it in the cube (only the ring), acquire currency

Haxxor

Craft yellow gear > farm T1 > get 6p set > farm T6
for gold just wait til you find a puzzle ring, use it in the cube (only the ring), acquire currency

Is it better to farm T1 then T4? I have raekors 3 parts (with the ring that gives you 1 extra set bonus), hellfire amulet etc, about 650k dmg.

Oh and i have the ring also, should I use it (and gold gear) at once?

Is it better to farm T1 then T4? I have raekors 3 parts (with the ring that gives you 1 extra set bonus), hellfire amulet etc, about 650k dmg.

Oh and i have the ring also, should I use it (and gold gear) at once?

Puzzle ring isn't for using, it's actually terrible, but you put it in the cube to spawn a Greed portal, which will give you a ton of gold, as well as the Boon of the Hoard legendary gem which gives you even more gold once you're done. It's nice if you actually need money, but if you don't, then there's no real point.

Farm T4 if you farm it fast, the higher the torment the better, as long as it's fast and I don't mean 10mins fast, you need to be clearing rifts in 5-7mins imo for it to be considered efficient, though if you find it more fun to clear higher torment then do so, since fun is still the most important metric in this game imo, if you stop having fun for sake of efficiency, you'll soon quit playing.

You just keep farming until you have more gear, and bump the difficulty as you go. That's really all there is to the game.

Farm rifts, use bloodshards to gamble slots that aren't legendaries(weapon/jewelry excluded), then once you have legendaries, you gamble slots that don't have set pieces yet, use death breath and materials to upgrade rare to legendary for weapons via the cube, use forgotten souls and death breath to switch set pieces if you find doubles, until you have 6pieces. Once you have 6pieces and a legendary weapon, you start targetting rings/specific weapons with upgrades, while still farming for mats/paragon/death breath.

At any point you can do greater rifts to upgrade your gems, especially once you can do 25 or higher, to get the gems to 25(if you want 100% chance to upgrade, then you need to go up to 35, but if you stay at 25, you get 60% chance to upgrade until you reach 25). Also need to do some greater rifts early on to get some gems, even not the optimal ones, just do like 5-10 of them to get a few decent gems. Rare rings/amulet with a socket are sufficient once you have legendary gems.

Keep repeating the process, getting better and better gear and playing on higher and higher difficulty. Add the reroll legendary cube recipe to your repertoire to try to target ancient on specific weapon, then on specific armor slots, but only once you're drowning in forgotten souls. Before that, do ubers to craft a good hellfire amulet with your souls.

If anyone ever needs vault runs I have a shitload of puzzle rings just banked up. Got a handful of the cow polearms as well.

Anyway, looking to do maybe GR 60 later tonight in a 4 man group. Ideal comp would be support monk and two other DPS to go with my HotA barb. Trying to push gem levels.

Will need to farm some more keystones though. T8 WW barb for that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Used cube on 3 rings and one became Focus.

Things are coming together. Basically now I just need Restraint, Gungdo gear, and Fist of Az. A nice amulet on that will be the icing on the cake, then I'll just be optimizing rolls on the same items.

Nokterian

Pretty much exact same here. Went from T3 to T10 by the end of the day, and still missing F+R. Went from 100 mil to about 800 mil, and gained about 150 paragon levels. Got a great Ancient Yangs, Hellfire amulet, Witching Hour etc. Possibly the best day I've ever had on Diablo.

I had some great days already same with gear but also with puzzle rings,cow levels and running around in GR50+ with gaffers. Well these days it is better than before also i need just 2 of my rings and then i am farming for ancients.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not even an hour and Gungdo gear dropped. It even rolled lightning and crit chance. <3 Good boots also dropped that have +13% exploding palm damage. <3

I'm assuming that I can use the gambled Daibos I get from Kadala to try and roll a Flow of Eternity, right?
I've been trying to use the Kanye's Cube to roll one of those, and it seems like I've gotten every legendary Daibo except for the Flow.

I'm assuming that I can use the gambled Daibos I get from Kadala to try and roll a Flow of Eternity, right?
I've been trying to use the Kanye's Cube to roll one of those, and it seems like I've gotten every legendary Daibo except for the Flow.

Kadala generally gives you 2 versions of the rares, a lower one and the 70 one, you can only use the 70 ones afaik. But other than that yeah you can use kadala items, though gambling on weapons is pretty inefficient in general.

ZenaxPure

That is weird my seasonal journey step to collect 25 legs into the cube didn't trigger. Did this happen before to anyone?

My 25 achievement triggered when it said 16/25. My 50 one didn't trigger until 54/50. I was tracking the 100 one while I was extracting stuff and despite me extracting close to 10 items it was stuck at 93/100. At some random point it triggered.

Whole thing is a buggy mess.

eek5

That is weird my seasonal journey step to collect 25 legs into the cube didn't trigger. Did this happen before to anyone?
Hey, eek here!! I'm here to tell you that your reality is a lie! I'm at 80-90 cubed legendaries and haven't triggered the 50 yet. I triggered 25 at 52 legendaries! :) :) :)

Eventually I'm going to cube every possible legendary and not get 100 triggered. I can't wait.

You can use crafted items in the cube as well as long as they are level 70.

Khilandros

Yeah, something is messed up with that. I looked at the D3 bug forum and there are tons of threads and posts about the extracting count not working properly. I got my 25 unlock after extracting about 36 of them (starting when I got the quest thing to do it). There is a blue post about them being aware of it, but who knows when or if it will be fixed soon.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18706674571?page=11#205

Kadala generally gives you 2 versions of the rares, a lower one and the 70 one, you can only use the 70 ones afaik. But other than that yeah you can use kadala items, though gambling on weapons is pretty inefficient in general.

You can use crafted items in the cube as well as long as they are level 70.

Two versions, of the Daibo? I've just been crafting the level 70 requirement Daibos, not the staffs.

Nokterian

Yeah, something is messed up with that. I looked at the D3 bug forum and there are tons of threads and posts about the extracting count not working properly. I got my 25 unlock after extracting about 36 of them (starting when I got the quest thing to do it). There is a blue post about them being aware of it, but who knows when or if it will be fixed soon.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18706674571?page=11#205

Well that explains a lot..hopefully they will fix it because this is a mess.

Dahbomb

I have basically completed the 2nd to last journey but I haven't actually gotten credit for the previous journey because my cube count is still suck at pre-50 even though I am past 75 now (have the achievement for 75).

I also just need 2 achievements for the final journey (TX speed farm and GR 60 solo).

Costia

I have basically completed the 2nd to last journey but I haven't actually gotten credit for the previous journey because my cube count is still suck at pre-50 even though I am past 75 now (have the achievement for 75).

I also just need 2 achievements for the final journey (TX speed farm and GR 60 solo).

Which conquests did you do?
I am currently stuck on the 25 items cube requirement bug.
I can do GR40 but I can't find an easy conquest to do.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Well that explains a lot..hopefully they will fix it because this is a mess.

You'd think it would be the easiest thing in the world to track. All it has to do is count how many powers you've extracted total. What a bizarre bug.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I only need 2 more for the final journey, though different ones. Need the hit level 70 on a hardcore character and level 3 gems to 60. Almost done with the gem one and the hardcore one is just whatever, will do it at some point I suppose.

I really like the final tier of the portrait so looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom