• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Monk is just completely ridiculous now. He uses Fist of Thunder with the lightning, so that shoots lightning everywhere, but then I have a 39% chance to prov chain lightning, and then a 15% chance to get the conduit shrine power hitting enemies everywhere for 640% weapon damage for 3 seconds, but my attack speed is +25% to begin with then +75% once I get a hit in, and I think the lightning hits count so it procs all the time. Then my tempest rush is lightning, and the hits from that must count for the proc on the conduit because it starts even faster from that.

My punches are doing +300% plus 54% on the skill plus 29% on lightning (and yes that applies to all the lightning mentioned). Then I also have the stinky pants that deal 550% per second to enemies within 15 yards. But here is the real kicker... I have +0.89% increase of damage of all damage against an enemy per each hit. It apparently doesn't have to be consecutive against one enemy, but just any hit on any enemy makes then more vulnerable, so all these punches and especially all the lightning is perpetually making all of them more vulnerable every second. And then I'm still applying exploding palm with every 3rd punch, and have my 14x damage-each-strike 14 sided strike to melt screens and bosses.

I also decided to forego the get out of death skill and -20% cooldowns for better resistances so my toughness is now 36 million. I don't really have to worry about magic zones on T3, not even arcane. I want to give GR21 another shot now.

Edit: GR22 done in 10mins killing most enemies and getting a bit lost. No close calls. This build is the shit and it's only half done.

Haha love that enthusiasm from new players.

The combat and amount skills and effects really is god damn awesome in D3. That gets apparent how even after thousands of hours played, I still find myself in joy every new major patch and season, despite mostly known the ins and outs of this game.

Just you wait 'til you get a 6 set bonus and even additional synergizing items. Actually, the game can go too bananas for its own good, looking at the insane amount of special effects and lags with some stuff.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I lost my 70 Hardcore Crusader the other night.

I decided I wanted to do a greater rift. Not realizing that it defaulted to the highest level (12, in this case) I got murdered pretty badly. :(

I rerolled a new one... died within 20 minutes.

Rerolled again, and it's like level 17 now

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Any HOTA Barbs doing 50+ and have any tips on surviving? I'm currently at 42 solo (easily, probably 50 today) and 55 in 4 player but the problem I'm having is the build feels paper. My gear could be better for sure, I'm lacking so much ancient pieces but still. Arcane seems to be the worst by miles, so I'm looking for an immunity neck.

phinious

I went from Grift 45 max with my etrayu M6 build prepatch best to beating Grift 50 first try with 30 seconds to spare with fire build UH build on new patch... Feels good. Not sure what else I can improve on my DH now though...

Any HOTA Barbs doing 50+ and have any tips on surviving? I'm currently at 42 solo (easily, probably 50 today) and 55 in 4 player but the problem I'm having is the build feels paper. My gear could be better for sure, I'm lacking so much ancient pieces but still. Arcane seems to be the worst by miles, so I'm looking for an immunity neck.

The legendary gem "Esoteric Alteration" and as much 'life per fury spend' are pretty much a requirement. In case of your weapon 'life per fury spend' has priority over +damage%.

Just look at this to get the gist of it. http://www.d3planner.com/511077943

MrDaravon

BWHAHAHAHAHA

HWILEgA.jpg

Even with no socket it was a slight DPS upgrade. Once I get a gift this thing will be godlike. Then I got a Calamity two rifts later. This is a good day.

Armaros

My Talrasha belt and pants refuse to drop. Still looking for nilur's boots as well

If anyone could invite me into the Guild that would be swell @_@ Armaros1535

edit: Okay the game is fucking with me now, both Hexing pants and Witching hour drop before I finish my 6 pc set.

ZenaxPure

Probably need a link to your character to really help. Honestly you should be running into DPS problems before you run into survivability problems.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Probably need a link to your character to really help. Honestly you should be running into DPS problems before you run into survivability problems.

Armory won't update and my character isn't fully geared on it, I'll link it if it ever updates. I should note for solo I still don't have a second Unity after putting unspeakable currency into both the Cube and Kadala. I just finished 47 with half the time to go, so DPS is still fine but I nearly died a few times. I'm guessing with a second Unity all my problems would go away for awhile.

ZenaxPure

Armory won't update and my character isn't fully geared on it, I'll link it if it ever updates. I should note for solo I still don't have a second Unity after putting unspeakable currency into both the Cube and Kadala. I just finished 47 with half the time to go, so DPS is still fine but I nearly died a few times. I'm guessing with a second Unity all my problems would go away for awhile.

Try the Striding Giant rune on your wotb. I pushed up to GR 57 before I got double unity by just using that rune and a CoE in my cube (where unity would normally be). Dying was never an issue at all.

Also I know it's been said before but you need life per fury spent if you don't have it. Should pretty much always have it on your belt as it is the best 4th primary you can get on an IK belt but you can also get a lot on a weapon. And lastly don't forget that Battle Rage is a strong heal. With decent LPFS it will heal you for around 40k+ per use and it can be used alongside your HoTA as it has no animation.

Valus

Hey guys, I just started playing the game for the first time a few days ago with a friend and have a few questions.

1) Is there an effective leveling guide for Barbarians? I found one from Icy Veins that is a year old which I thought was okay, but they are telling me to put skills like Sprint and Furious Charge into slots that don't correspond with the game? I'm almost level 30 now and am not sure if I am doing it right.

2) I got a ring that spawns these little dudes that explode on enemies. It was cute until I noticed how much damage they do. We were fighting the spider queen and they just blew up on her and instantly one shotted her. Is this a glitch? Are they supposed to do that much damage? Am I ruining my experience with the game by using this ring? We just beat The Butcher after they took off like 80% of his HP right off the bat.

3) Is crafting worth it? Or should I save up all my mats for later and just use stuff I get off the ground?

Any other random tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Zelias

Banned
Hey guys, I just started playing the game for the first time a few days ago with a friend and have a few questions.

1) Is there an effective leveling guide for Barbarians? I found one from Icy Veins that is a year old which I thought was okay, but they are telling me to put skills like Sprint and Furious Charge into slots that don't correspond with the game? I'm almost level 30 now and am not sure if I am doing it right.

2) I got a ring that spawns these little dudes that explode on enemies. It was cute until I noticed how much damage they do. We were fighting the spider queen and they just blew up on her and instantly one shotted her. Is this a glitch? Are they supposed to do that much damage? Am I ruining my experience with the game by using this ring? We just beat The Butcher after they took off like 80% of his HP right off the bat.

3) Is crafting worth it? Or should I save up all my mats for later and just use stuff I get off the ground?

Any other random tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!
1) If you go into the options you can enable 'Elective Mode', this lets you put any skill in any slot.

2) Not a glitch, you have the Nagelring and its special ability is very overpowered when levelling. As to whether you're ruining your experience, that's up to you, but bear in mind the 1-70 journey might as well be an extended tutorial. The real game begins at 70.

3) I'd use them to craft weapons/helms with a socket if you don't get lucky with drops (and socket them with rubies you find), but otherwise, I'd just use the mats at level 70.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm torn between continuing this Monk build to god knows what end or getting in a Witch Doctor build. I'm moving to Omaha this month and I'll have 3G on my phone but I'm not sure how long it'll be to get set up with broadband at the new place. Seasons usually go for a good while, right?

but I really hated the accursed set multishot build. In fact I use multishot on my marauder but just couldn't get into it on the "proper" multishot set.

Clearly you didn't have this bow. It's a game changer.

BWHAHAHAHAHA

HWILEgA.jpg

Even with no socket it was a slight DPS upgrade. Once I get a gift this thing will be godlike. Then I got a Calamity two rifts later. This is a good day.

It's fun as hell being able to rapid fire multishot, as well as being able to tumble for basically no discipline cost at all. You're flipping around and clearing trash like no other. The RoV build is much slower at clearing in my experience... though it may have more DPS potential at the higher end and strafe keeps you moving whereas rapid firing multishot leaves you rather stationary.

Also... that Yang's is freakin sick. So jealous...

neoism

so guys Ive been a little scared to play this lol (really cant afford any upgrades right now)not sure what happen the other day but Ive been busy playing mgs 5 anyway...
but could a few of you guys tell me what your d3prefs files says...

Code:
PreferencesVersion "46"
PlayedCutscene0 "3"
PlayedCutscene1 "1"
PlayedCutscene2 "0"
PlayedCutscene3 "0"
PlayedCutscene4 "159"
DisplayModeFlags "0"
DisplayModeWindowMode "0"
DisplayModeWinLeft "442"
DisplayModeWinTop "12"
[B]DisplayModeWinWidth "1280"
DisplayModeWinHeight "768"[/B]
DisplayModeUIOptWidth "1280"
DisplayModeUIOptHeight "768"
DisplayModeWidth "1280"
DisplayModeHeight "768"
DisplayModeRefreshRate "60"
the two bolded was a werid ass low res for some reason and some people says it fixs that insane error I got the other day.. I was just wondering if some of you guys has all three display lines the same res??????

thanks

phinious

BWHAHAHAHAHA

HWILEgA.jpg

I got basically the same yangs but rolled out the vitality. The dmg is only like 3k due to that. Didn't even think to roll the damage:(

eek5

I got basically the same yangs but rolled out the vitality. The dmg is only like 3k due to that. Didn't even think to roll the damage:(

bro always, always, always use a calculator for ancients to see what dmg thing to roll. theres a bunch of them out there :/

GR 58 done. 59 is possible but I'd have to have a decent tileset/pylons. Last one I spawned the guardian with maybe 40 seconds left when I need about 90. Again, a usable hellfire amulet will increase my dps by 20%+, so that's really key. Otherwise I'm almost maxed out with my HotA build. Maybe min/max my follower. Was using the templar but switched to the enchantress and that definitely helped get 58 I think. She doesn't have int gear so much right now, so a little boost to her would help.

Wastes set is nice for bounties/keywardens on like T8. Just goes super fast, albeit squishy.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Try the Striding Giant rune on your wotb. I pushed up to GR 57 before I got double unity by just using that rune and a CoE in my cube (where unity would normally be). Dying was never an issue at all.

Also I know it's been said before but you need life per fury spent if you don't have it. Should pretty much always have it on your belt as it is the best 4th primary you can get on an IK belt but you can also get a lot on a weapon. And lastly don't forget that Battle Rage is a strong heal. With decent LPFS it will heal you for around 40k+ per use and it can be used alongside your HoTA as it has no animation.

Good call on Striding, I did 49 without it and died 4 times and had 4 minutes to spare. I did 50 with it and didn't die at all, and finished it with 8 minutes to spare. I still have plenty of damage. And shit, yeah, I've been using Unity in the Cube just because you know? Waiting for the second but it's totally wasted right now! I have probably salvaged loads of CoE rings by now, but I'll keep an eye out for more. And I currently have LPFS on belt only.

GorillaJu

Man these S4 achievements get pretty sadistic. Cube 50 items!? There aren't even 50 items worth cubing! My poor death's breath stash :(

Also have to complete 1 conquest, the easiest of which by far is to reach Grift 60

Finally done. Looks pretty good but not sure it was worth all that, but then again I had fun for the most part, until I had to do the stupid T10 rift stuff and leveling gems.

uEcuAl9.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I'm definitely never getting that.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Clearly you didn't have this bow. It's a game changer.

It's fun as hell being able to rapid fire multishot, as well as being able to tumble for basically no discipline cost at all. You're flipping around and clearing trash like no other. The RoV build is much slower at clearing in my experience... though it may have more DPS potential at the higher end and strafe keeps you moving whereas rapid firing multishot leaves you rather stationary.

Also... that Yang's is freakin sick. So jealous...

I stutter step with both n6 and ue so you don't have to be stationary. You can use n6 with danettas as well. A good n6 should have no problem clearing once it gets going everything below gr 50 dies in one or two shots for me and this without a lot of ancient gear on non season. CDR like 50% and Rov will have you shooting one off about every 2-4 seconds and with a zodiac ring it will be up instantly with huge mobs.

TX under 3 minutes is just fucking stupid

Definitely the dumbest of them. At first I was trying to actually do it, but after a bunch of tries where I couldn't even get under 4mins, I just gave up and started fishing for rifts. Still took like an hour and a half of entering a rift, checking the map and if it wasn't an open map, leaving and restarting. About 1/15 is an open map, and then you still need to actually have a good amount of elites and good mob types, otherwise you're not getting it done anyway(and one time I had the blood marsh tile but the map was actually super small). When I got it done it was a 2:30 clear or so, just very high density of elites on the leoric manor highlands area.

The others were grindy kinda, but not as annoying. I had to lvl a 70 on HC so that took a few hours, leveling gems to 60 was a bit annoying but not too bad, I had to run a good amount of bounties to cube all that stuff but it wasn't too bad either, was doing like 2 bounty runs in pub T7 everyday. As for Greed on T6, I think I got it done on the 2nd of the season lol, definitely felt out of place.

MrDaravon

Is elemental % better than mainstat on amulet? I finally rolled a decent hellfire, I want to make sure before I roll anything on it. I'm running the UE multishot build, so I'm looking at 20% Fire versus 750 dex.

D906F8r.jpg

Also I got a gift, so made that Yang's into God:

2MyQLB6.jpg

Big shoutouts to Thukker for carrying me hardcore through a bunch of GR50s, it got me a near perfect (non-ancient) Witching Hour and a bunch of other upgrades. Then Childrens carried me through some Ubers which got me that ammy. If I can get a goddamn Focus I'll be totally set gear-wise, will just be looking for Ancients mostly at that point.

Is elemental % better than mainstat on amulet? I finally rolled a decent hellfire, I want to make sure before I roll anything on it. I'm running the UE multishot build, so I'm looking at 20% Fire versus 750 dex.

D906F8r.jpg

DH is my main and yes Ele% is better then main stat. Nice Hellfire.

Dahbomb

LMAO!

I was trying to get the 50 Cube legendaries achievement for the Journey but instead got the 75 one because I kept doing it. I still don't have the 50 one unlocked but I have the 75 one unlocked...

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Also I was able to do the 40 GR without using class set pieces pretty easily. Damage wasn't as much of an issue as I thought, once Shenlongs + F+R + Flying Dragon procced the mobs just melted). Just used the generator build with Eye of Peshkov and Band of Rue chambers instead of double Unity (only had 1).

Eye of Peshkov
Double Shenlongs
Witching Hour
Generic Amulet with double crit and Dex
Spirit Guards
Cindercoat
Magefists
Fan of Knives shoulders
Ice Climbers (I tried a GR40 before but I got clobbered due to frozen affix, once I put this on it made my life a lot easier. There are definitely other options one can use)
Depth Diggers
Focus and Restraint

Cube:

Flying Dragon
Leoric's Crown
Band of Rue Chambers

Gems: Golgok of Swiftness, Simplicity and GG Bane of Trapped (had all but Simplicity up to LVL50)

Passives: Harmony, Beacon of Ytar, Exalted Soul and Guardian's Path

Actives:
Inner Sanctuary -Forbidden Palace
Crippling Wave - Mangle
Breath of Heaven - Infused with the Light
Mantra of Healing - the one that gives you life on hit because I had very little on gear
Cyclone Strike - Frozen Wall (first time I tried I would pull too many enemies in and die, also I had no CC so the freeze helped a lot. Consider using this Ancient Parthan Defenders as well or Strongarm for more damage. Use this proc F+R)
Epiphany - Desert Shroud

Was a big change of playstyle from Uliana. I would actually consider running this build with Dashing Strike as well because man the lack of mobility was fucking painful.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Over P400 and still don't have a second Unity, even though I'm pumping currency into the Cube and Kadala for it as well.

Whats the best Crusader build at the moment?

Ive been going limitless blessed hammer and have the Shield/Flail and 4 pieces of the set for it but not sure im enjoying it that much. Any other viable builds?

Armaros

Rng decided to let up and give me the 2 pieces of talrasha I needed and nilfur's boots in the span of 30 mins.

Hello instantly jumping 15 grift levels and 3 difficulty levels.

MrDaravon

Rng decided to let up and give me the 2 pieces of talrasha I needed and nilfur's boots in the span of 30 mins.

Hello instantly jumping 15 grift levels and 3 difficulty levels.

Yeah, the bumps you get from set bonuses are kinda ridiculous. When I woke up this morning T3 was my comfort level. Now it's T8, probably T9.

I swear these hellfire amulets are so troll. Been through at least 30 and haven't had a decent one yet. Albeit it needs to be pretty much perfect - CD CHC, Fire%, usable passive. Needs at least 2 of the 3 mains there to be able to roll it to work. And ideally both the CHC and CD are 9%/90%+ since that's what my current amulet looks like.

With a perfect one like that I could probably push at least 60 or 61 fairly easily

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When the only spec I like on a class is the trash one, maybe I don't actually like the class >_>

So can someone clarify some things for me?

With Kulle, I think I heard re-rolling a legendary gives it perfect rolls in its stats. Is this true?

And how does pulling legendary affixes off them work? Is the item consumed when I do? And when I put it on another item, an I limited to one legendary affix per item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom