• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which conquests did you do?
I am currently stuck on the 25 items cube requirement bug.
I can do GR40 but I can't find an easy conquest to do.

The easy conquests are clearing 40 solo without a set and clearing all bosses on T10 in 30mins I'd say(that's the ones I did), but if you're still on GR40 with your full gear, you're probably not there yet. And obviously reaching GR60, which is part of the season journey anyway(though for the journey it needs to be done solo, while the conquest can be done in a grp). Leveling 6 gems to 50 is easy and potentially easier than the bosses one if your class is slow, but again that requires more gear than you're at at the moment I guess.

Costia

The easy conquests are clearing 40 solo without a set and clearing all bosses on T10 in 30mins I'd say(that's the ones I did), but if you're still on GR40 with your full gear, you're probably not there yet. And obviously reaching GR60, which is part of the season journey anyway(though for the journey it needs to be done solo, while the conquest can be done in a grp). Leveling 6 gems to 50 is easy and potentially easier than the bosses one if your class is slow, but again that requires more gear than you're at at the moment I guess.
That's why I asked, it seemed weird. The rest of the chapter only requires GR40 level of gear, while doing the conquest requires at least farming GR50s. So it looks like I will have to reach ~GR60 before I can progress any further in the journey book (which I probably wont do).

ZenaxPure

Worth pointing out you can do the boss conquest in a group too. Me and my friends just had our wizard use the teleport wand and rush to bosses and then we trashed them real fast. Managed to finish it in 20 minutes. Probably the easiest/fastest conquest imo. Potentially really easy to carry through it as well since our wizard didn't even go a full dps build (he was in his bounty farming setup).

Worth pointing out you can do the boss conquest in a group too. Me and my friends just had our wizard use the teleport wand and rush to bosses and then we trashed them real fast. Managed to finish it in 20 minutes. Probably the easiest/fastest conquest imo. Potentially really easy to carry through it as well since our wizard didn't even go a full dps build (he was in his bounty farming setup).

Right works in a group which probably makes it super easy.

And you don't need GR60 gear to do the GR40 without set. GR40 is only torment 9, it's not really that hard. When I did it, I didn't have crazy gear, I had a non ancient dagger of darts, a bunch of crap legendaries I put together quickly like the life per second boots from bounties since I was using gizard I figured it'd make me super tanky when I stopped moving, pauldrons of the skeleton king because I didn't have any other legendary shoulders left and blackthorne chest+leg that I gambled a few hours before. I'd say the most important part is having focus and restraint, it's just too much damage to pass up, though I'm sure there's setups that don't use them too.

Addnan

Today was a bad day, I don't know why I did this. I say this everyday now. Went from 730 to 800. It was a long session. I am dead and stupid. Many regrets.
totally worth

L0cU1p7.jpg

MrDaravon

Today was a bad day, I don't know why I did this. I say this everyday now. Went from 730 to 800. It was a long session. I am dead and stupid. Many regrets.
totally worth

Nice! Super jealous, this was supposed to be the season where I went in hardcore since I have nothing but free time at the moment, but stuff keeps coming up preventing me from playing :(.

Dahbomb

i just got back into diablo 3

i got a scourge with like a 44% proc chance, is that good?
I saw a Barb using it that didn't have a Furnace yet. It was definitely doing work with the IK set and the WOTB damage multipliers. Of course he had the Scourge cubed.

Which conquests did you do?
I am currently stuck on the 25 items cube requirement bug.
I can do GR40 but I can't find an easy conquest to do.
I did the GR40 Conquest with no class sets, 5 gems to lvl50 (Gizzard, Bane of Trapped, Simplicity Strength, Golgok and Bane of Stricken) and reach GR60 which was done in multiplayer.

I posted my set up for the GR40 Conquest. The GR60 one I got yesterday playing in a group that had the cheese Monk set up with the insane health regen. The 5 gems I just got over time doing GRs at 50.

Uliana Monk here.

I think the boss one isn't that hard if you have a 4 man stack of people that are reasonably geared. I haven't actually tried it yet but it doesn't seem that hard with split kills.

Today was a bad day, I don't know why I did this. I say this everyday now. Went from 730 to 800. It was a long session. I am dead and stupid. Many regrets
Breh this is reaching no lifer territory here.

neoism

Just got my two piece set bonus for Uliana gear. Exploding Palm everywhere = amazing!

yeah its really cool.. it still sucks you have to waste a skill slot otherwise you just use the base palm skill..

guys i know physical skills suck but will the 20% more physical stat increase the base plam skill... really dont understand why blizz doesnt balance the elements and make them all useful... like the cold palm skill is the only one worth using its stupid... ?

:/

Dahbomb

yeah its really cool.. it still sucks you have to waste a skill slot otherwise you just use the base palm skill..

guys i know physical skills suck but will the 20% more physical stat increase the base plam skill... really dont understand why blizz doesnt balance the elements and make them all useful... like the cold palm skill is the only one worth using its stupid... ?

It's even worse with the SSS runes when using the Uliana set.

As far as the EP goes... without using sets the other runes are very usable and strong. The Lightning one can compete with the Cold one and the Holy one is a very good spirit generator. The Flesh is Weak is good for groups and single target damage. But yeah once you get your SWKs, Gungdo Gawd and Uliana then it basically just boils down to Impending Doom.

In the PTR the Fire rune was actually kinda broken and stacked like crazy.

Saprol

got into t3 rifts with that funny belt that converts justice into blessed hammers.

managed to get 4pc rolands now plus shield bash bracers that give 198% damage if i hit 3- units. siiiiiick. still need tons of wrath generation though

neoism

It's even worse with the SSS runes when using the Uliana set.

As far as the EP goes... without using sets the other runes are very usable and strong. The Lightning one can compete with the Cold one and the Holy one is a very good spirit generator. The Flesh is Weak is good for groups and single target damage. But yeah once you get your SWKs, Gungdo Gawd and Uliana then it basically just boils down to Impending Doom.

In the PTR the Fire rune was actually kinda broken and stacked like crazy.

yeah i agree i like the lighting one ... ive gone lighting builds just about since day one lol... im mostly a monk player played a little barb but my true love is monks, but yeah im rocking CS instead of palm but the base bleed phy is pretty good. Its just physical has been the worst since this game was out...i got lucky in getting my first and only pair of gears and they were ancient... but no crit chance though... and ill switch it back to cold if i ever get a damn 4 piece...... the cube opened up sooo much diversity but making the elements close to equal would help even more with that ... but their always has to be a meta...i guess maybe blizz will get closer to it down the road...

ZenaxPure

I think the boss one isn't that hard if you have a 4 man stack of people that are reasonably geared. I haven't actually tried it yet but it doesn't seem that hard with split kills.

Not entirely sure if you can split kill it, the achievement has a checklist that ticks off each boss kill individually. Assume if you aren't in for the kill it doesn't count for you. Didn't bother testing though.

Either way doesn't matter, it's not that hard if you setup correctly. Like I mentioned before we just used a wizard with the teleport wand and we completed it in 20 minutes. Minus Act 5 he made it to each boss in less than a minute. Some of the bosses he reached in less than 10 seconds.

Actually on that topic, Act 5 alone took over half our time. Something like 13 minutes, the maps are just massive and all the fights are longer because immunity phases with monologues and shit (or in the case of Adria constantly teleporting). After that it was smooth sailing.

Tarazet

Requesting help from Barb-GAF. I'm running with 6p Wastes + 4p IK at the moment, with Furnace/Lamentation/RoRG in the cube. It seems to be doing reasonably well, but I am constantly Fury starved so my damage is basically all or nothing. Furious Charge is the only reasonable fury builder right?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

Yeah, that part is a drag. Would love to free up that slot and still have impending doom on EP.

ZenaxPure

Requesting help from Barb-GAF. I'm running with 6p Wastes + 4p IK at the moment, with Furnace/Lamentation/RoRG in the cube. It seems to be doing reasonably well, but I am constantly Fury starved so my damage is basically all or nothing. Furious Charge is the only reasonable fury builder right?

Weapon Master passive skill, If you are a Rend/WW build it is really your only good option for generating fury. Furious Charge is only for proccing F/R and re-positioning yourself in an emergency (as WW can cover your positioning most of the time.)

That said as a friendly word of advice you should try to change your item setup when you are able. RoRG is a bad Barbarian item nowadays. If you want to focus on Rend/WW go into 2 wastes + 6 IK or if you just want to go into WW go with 6 wastes + BK weapons (these weapons will solve a lot of your fury issues as they passively generate 10 fury per second). Can't really stress this enough, 6 wastes + 4 IK is not a great setup for a lot of different reasons.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
If I use the extracted Lion's Claw legendary ability from the cube does it stack with Uliana's four piece set bonus?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it does since I'm one-shotting elites with SSS now. =O

Nokterian

If I use the extracted Lion's Claw legendary ability from the cube does it stack with Uliana's four piece set bonus?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it does since I'm one-shotting elites with SSS now. =O

I don't put it in the cube since you need Flow of Eternity,Spirit Guards and Broken Promises as your cube passives.

This patch is too addicting. Here we go again.

Agreed i am having more fun than i thought it would be also because of the seasonal journey. And i may add because of gaf it feels so good to play with others last seasons i dunno i did not have a goal but now with the redesign of bounty's and changing rifts and greater rifts makes the game more exciting to play.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I am so fucking sick of these goddamn disconnects it has to be like one an hour. Is it Win 10 or something? Can I change what server I'm playing on? It just disconnected when the greater rift guardian was at 40% life and I was about to drop a 14-sided strike, and that's after I died once when it almost disconnected me on the elite pack just before it. I really don't think it's my ISP because it's fucking 5am. I am raging so hard.

Edit: Their tech support forum shows a lot of threads of it happening to people, several mentioning it started for them with S4.

Edit2: Traceroute and pathping both die at 12.122.172.125

Someone in Wichita has some explaining to do!

MrDaravon

Fucking game still won't let me get a Focus on my monk. :/

Yeah, I'm something like Paragon 310, I've gotten two Calamities, two Witching Hours and a Kridershot...but not a single Focus. It's hilarious. Especially since up until this season F/R dropped like candy for me. And the only Restraint I've found was hot garbage. It's a weird first world problem to have lol.

Tarazet

Weapon Master passive skill, If you are a Rend/WW build it is really your only good option for generating fury. Furious Charge is only for proccing F/R and re-positioning yourself in an emergency (as WW can cover your positioning most of the time.)

That said as a friendly word of advice you should try to change your item setup when you are able. RoRG is a bad Barbarian item nowadays. If you want to focus on Rend/WW go into 2 wastes + 6 IK or if you just want to go into WW go with 6 wastes + BK weapons (these weapons will solve a lot of your fury issues as they passively generate 10 fury per second). Can't really stress this enough, 6 wastes + 4 IK is not a great setup for a lot of different reasons.

I have enough pieces to do essentially any of the Barb builds. I haven't tried WW with Bul-Kathos, but when I've seen barbs using it, it was for a ZDPS/buff/CC spec rather than tearing through mobs, since the damage is not competitive. With 6p IK/2p Wastes the problem was exactly the same for me, always Fury starved... the only setup that made it easy to manage Fury was 5p Raekor/2p IK, but the damage isn't competitive with 6p IK.

Not entirely sure if you can split kill it, the achievement has a checklist that ticks off each boss kill individually. Assume if you aren't in for the kill it doesn't count for you. Didn't bother testing though.

Either way doesn't matter, it's not that hard if you setup correctly. Like I mentioned before we just used a wizard with the teleport wand and we completed it in 20 minutes. Minus Act 5 he made it to each boss in less than a minute. Some of the bosses he reached in less than 10 seconds.

Actually on that topic, Act 5 alone took over half our time. Something like 13 minutes, the maps are just massive and all the fights are longer because immunity phases with monologues and shit (or in the case of Adria constantly teleporting). After that it was smooth sailing.

You can split to find the bosses. A large part of the conquest is the time you spend running around finding the bosses that aren't obvious(arachnae and the act5 stuff mostly). You split, each find a boss, TP out, then TP to whoever else without using up your TP. This way once you kill a boss, you TP to someone who's in town, go into your portal back to another boss, and everyone TPs on you. Massively reduces the time spent.

That said if you have very good movement speed abilities and good killing speed, it's entirely doable solo, especially since you can switch gear around. Getting gloves of worship(either cubed or equipped if you can afford it without breaking your set) and starting in act4 to check for shrines and hope you get fleeting or empowered is a good way to start, then you can use the bracers that speed you up when you break stuff and krelm belt and so on.

As a WD I had no trouble doing it solo even before I was at my GR60 gear level. The only thing I needed for it was majuma set and replaced piranhado with angry chicken(piranhado doesn't do a whole lot against bosses anyway) and then I just switched weapons everytime I got to the boss, had like 7 or 8mins to spare at the end, and didn't even get particularily good RNG on the act5 bosses position(also on ghom I ran the wrong way for a while). You still need good enough gear you can kill the bosses quick though, I wasn't like crappy geared, typical helltooth gear with a non ancient suwong and legendary gems were around 40 already and I speced both piercing veil and confidence ritual for more damage.

I'm sure barbs, DH and Wizards would have no issues, monk I don't really know if they can sustain speed over long periods of time, I think there's a set for dashing around without the charges though so assuming that's viable for killing stuff, it'd work, and crusader would as usual need a stupid amount of cdr+steed weapon to even have a chance, but in general the class is slow as shit so I don't know. A shield bash roland spec would melt the bosses I would think however, possibly faster than every other classes, so you might make up time like this.

ZenaxPure

I have enough pieces to do essentially any of the Barb builds. I haven't tried WW with Bul-Kathos, but when I've seen barbs using it, it was for a ZDPS/buff/CC spec rather than tearing through mobs, since the damage is not competitive. With 6p IK/2p Wastes the problem was exactly the same for me, always Fury starved... the only setup that made it easy to manage Fury was 5p Raekor/2p IK, but the damage isn't competitive with 6p IK.

The damage of Wastes/BK is very much competitive, the highest dude on the barbarian solo leaderboard right now is a WW (6 wastes/BK) barb who cleared GR 67. People are just using it as a support build in group play because barbs are one of the best support classes this season. We have basically the best mob control right now since ancient spear lets you pull enemies from off screen which no other pull ability does + 50% dmg reduction and CC immunity with 100% uptime among some other minor buffs.

Anyway like I said before use Weapon Master with whatever mighty weapons your specific build needs, you generate 2 fury per enemy hit and WW costs 10 per tick so WW will be generating more fury than it uses in 99% of enemy packs you are fighting. This is how both 2 wastes/6 IK and Wastes/BK sustains fury.

You can split to find the bosses.

He said split kill, not split find. Obviously you can split up to find bosses but having people search for the next boss while one person kills one I assume doesn't work (but again didn't bother testing).

Firemind

In addition, equip the Fury of the Ancients shoulders if you have one. It's effectively a fury generator AND 50% damage reduction. Not much else you can slot on your shoulders anyway.

It's amazing how well barbs can provide support. Warcry and Threatening Shout already shit all over whatever the Crusader has. Seriously, Threatening Shout provides a 20% debuff and a 25% buff. Provoke generates wrath, taunts enemies for 4 seconds and... I guess the 50% AS debuff is sort of okay? I miss the days when auras were actually good.

ZenaxPure

In addition, equip the Fury of the Ancients shoulders if you have one. It's effectively a fury generator AND 50% damage reduction. Not much else you can slot on your shoulders anyway.

Can't really work the shoulders into WW/Rend builds unfortunately since you have to wear 2 pieces of Wastes which means putting on Waste shoulders (and the IK weapon at that). But it doesn't matter too much since Weapon Master generates crazy amounts of fury in dense packs and with Rend lasting 15 seconds with the set bonus you don't need to cast it all that often anyway.

Firemind

Oh, I'm aware. I thought using BK with 6WW was a given. Never have fury issues with BK. Some builds even use Berserker Rage for an additional 25% DPS increase.

For every other build, Fury of the Ancients is BiS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ZenaxPure

For every other build, Fury of the Ancients is BiS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah, you're totally right. I was mostly just saying that for clarity's sake since his build seems to be focused on WW/Rend. It's the best shoulder option by far for every build that doesn't use WW.

Lanrutcon

Found an ancient splodey fist.

That is near perfect.

And then I found a gift.

The odds I can improve on my Monk's weapons are now astronomically bad.

Does it matter what stats you have on your rare items before you upgrade them or is it just randomized? I have this godlike rare ring equipped(haven't found anything better yet) but I don't want to upgrade it if I can't keep it's stats.

Tarazet

Does it matter what stats you have on your rare items before you upgrade them or is it just randomized? I have this godlike rare ring equipped(haven't found anything better yet) but I don't want to upgrade it if I can't keep it's stats.

The current stats have nothing to do with what you will end up with. Don't wreck a good ring by feeding it to the cube.

Zelias

Banned
It'll be rerolled as a completely new legendary of that type, and stats on the rare don't matter.

Tarazet

Can't really work the shoulders into WW/Rend builds unfortunately since you have to wear 2 pieces of Wastes which means putting on Waste shoulders (and the IK weapon at that). But it doesn't matter too much since Weapon Master generates crazy amounts of fury in dense packs and with Rend lasting 15 seconds with the set bonus you don't need to cast it all that often anyway.

Plus you want to use Lamentation in the cube if you are using Wastes and care at all about Rend damage. But it looks like some builds are even leaving Rend off the bar and instead going full on Whirlwind, with Skull Grasp and everything. That sounds like you could possibly use Fury of the Ancients in the cube armor slot, at that point.

Jedi2016

Isn't Skull Grasp damage negligible, though? I think there's plenty of better options for jewelry than that for a WW build. Personally, I'm using Focus/Restraint with the Lightning immunity amulet in the cube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom