• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

tjohn86

Going to rebirth my crusader and dh when the season starts.

I'd like to be crusader only but that 4man meta doesn't seem to support it.

Shiiiiiiiiiit that character rebirth shit sounds amazing, can instantly transfer a char into a season char

It's ok? Only thing it does is keep your played stats and what not. The rebirthed char is lvl 1 and has no item/no progress, gear is mailed to you.

Stupid set dungeons. Trying to do helltooth and it's terrible, have to do some crappy "kill 20enemies in one wall" objective 4times, but the density is super garbage so you only get like 5 tries at it, and you also need to speed clear which is really hard while trying to get enough mobs in place for the wall kills.

Dahbomb

Rebirth is good if you are running out of character slots. Don't have to create a new character or delete an old one to make room for a new one.

mileS

The rebirth is just a minor quality of life change that's it really. Basically to save character slots and keep track of your playtime. TBH I wouldn't want to rebirth a main character at all. I'd rather the gear stay where it is for the next time I want to play or test something.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
wow you have to do a lot for conqueror/extra stash tab

i'm probably not going to get that. i didnt get past slayer last season

How is wizard dps with this patch. I was routinely housing T-6 and I would like to know if Wizzy is still a good choice as its my favorite class.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just a word to the wise since it's a new season/patch and player activity among GAF kicks back up again, I think I speak for all of us when I say that when we hit the member cap of 150 we will kick the member who has been offline the longest. An example being I just kicked a member who has the longest offline time of 250 days to make room for Stormy.

I always love the hype around a new patch/season.

Yup, it's been working well enough.

Firemind

How is wizard dps with this patch. I was routinely housing T-6 and I would like to know if Wizzy is still a good choice as its my favorite class.
Two Wiz sets got buffed, so I'd say so. Though I'm not really a fan of spamming Slow Time to get the buff gameplay.

I'm actually thinking of going wizard this season, but I'm not sure if my idea is crazy. I like to go off linear paths and not use routine sets. I'm thinking the Firebird's Finery has 7 items but only needs 6 for the full set, so why not combine it with Archon? Fezula got buffed to 40-50 stacks, which is significant. The Firebird 6pc bonus is also insane (I only need to stack fire% to get the burning buff). Elites will melt. It's not like the 4pc and 6pc Archon are that insane anyway, though it does mean I have to give up on Chantodo. Like I said, I'm not sure if I'm crazy or not.

J-Rzez

With the changes I instantly cleared another 10 tiers in a GR with the changes to UE DH, now I got Dawn and new DML and its just wow. Gonna try out impale once I get the gear.

Finished the WD Set dungeons since it's the only class I had every set for(well DH I had most but figured I'd just do it during season). Was pretty annoying on a bunch of them, like they're literally designed to be annoying.

Zuni for example requires you to not get into melee range of stuff, pretty easy generally, but the entire dungeon is made so you have to go "down", so you have the least visibility possible due to the isometric view of the game.

Jade is super easy in concept, but you have stupid snakes as mobs so they keep hiding and you have to wait for them to appear to kill them.

Helltooth was terrible because you need to kill 20mobs in one wall, but the packs aren't that big so you generally can only get it about in 5places(and you need to do it 4times), and you also need to clear the entire dungeon so the goals compete with each other as it's hard to group up mobs without having one that just stays behind.

Only Arachyr was really easy.

Begaria

Jesus fuck did they ever buff the Raekkor set. I mean, I'm pretty decently geared here on Non-Season, and I could crit normally for anywhere between 100-250 million before 2.4 on a pretty good charge. Now I'm doing at least 500 million per crit, upwards close to a billion damage. The 6 piece set bonus has me critting for well over a billion and that's not even in Wrath form a resource spender.

I just cleared Greater Rifts 43 through 50 with little to no difficulty for the most part. It wasn't until I got that boss Firey bat Agnidox before I consistently got my ass handed to me, mainly because he does multiple fireball attacks on top of an AoE all point blank. Charging into that was insta-death. Still, doing pretty good here. I gotta find a really good Band of Might and I'll be set. I did find one, but it's junk and I can't do much with it.

Every patch Diablo 3 sucks me back in. I'd love to play this patch for a long time, but I've got a bunch of games to clear in the backlog unfortunately.

eek5

Just a word to the wise since it's a new season/patch and player activity among GAF kicks back up again, I think I speak for all of us when I say that when we hit the member cap of 150 we will kick the member who has been offline the longest. An example being I just kicked a member who has the longest offline time of 250 days to make room for Stormy.

pls dont kick :(

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

time to login again !

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Unless new stuff is discovered in the season, they are the top DPS class in the season.

Ah, thats good to know. My Wizard is who I played from Day One, before we even had seasons, and honestly I've never properly geared him at all, he doesn't have any complete sets and can barely handle T4 as he is now. Pretty crappy, but I've been playing every other class for the seasons and gearing them out way more. I think I'll rebirth my good old wizard and get his shit updated!

IceMarker

One last reminder before Friday about the new Discord server, all you need to do is click that link to get started and be added to the active user list for the text and voice channels there.

I will definitely be on there consistently as soon as Season 5 hits.

Lain

With the change to Del set (wizard), to keep DelRasha alive I guess one would drop an armor in favor of the bubble (as a defensive mean)?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm still not clear on how Season Rebirth works. The video says that your gear will be automatically mailed for up to 30 days to non-seasonal character, but is that from the day the character is reborn, or from the day the season ends?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm still not clear on how Season Rebirth works. The video says that your gear will be automatically mailed for up to 30 days to non-seasonal character, but is that from the day the character is reborn, or from the day the season ends?

It's immediate. As soon as you turn a non-season char into a season char, all of his gear gets mailed to non-season.

It's basically just a more convenient way of taking a non-season char, stashing all his gear, deleting the char, then making a season char with the same name/class.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
It's immediate. As soon as you turn a non-season char into a season char, all of his gear gets mailed to non-season.

It's basically just a more convenient way of taking a non-season char, stashing all his gear, deleting the char, then making a season char with the same name/class.

Meh, I kinda wanted to be able to keep my gear dormant until my character gets transferred back at the end of the season. That would have been even more convenient to me. Thank you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so new Marauder uses Cluster Arrow right? how does itdeal with the insane mana costs of it, or did they nerf the mana cost? or is it like before where you need to have that chest legendary for fire spells?

but what if you go polar sentries / ice cluster arrow and the 20% dmg against slowed targets passive?

Baliis

so new Marauder uses Cluster Arrow right? how does itdeal with the insane mana costs of it, or did they nerf the mana cost? or is it like before where you need to have that chest legendary for fire spells?

but what if you go polar sentries / ice cluster arrow and the 20% dmg against slowed targets passive?

The new perk on Manticore I think massive rcr for cluster arrow

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reworked manticore with 40-50% CA rcr and then perma up time of vengeance seethe with reworked dawn.

The new perk on Manticore I think massive rcr for cluster arrow

let me boot it up and see this then

edit: or not, it keeps telling me theres a new patch and it needs to restart, but I already patched... wtf?

edit: apparently its busted in Europe. Shocking lol

Addnan

let me boot it up and see this then

edit: or not, it keeps telling me theres a new patch and it needs to restart, but I already patched... wtf?

edit: apparently its busted in Europe. Shocking lol

I'm on EU seems to be working fine.

I still need the new Dawn and Manticore. I think 5 out of the 6 piece m6 are ancients on my dude.

upgrade rares if you have the mats.

Nokterian

I got so many mats on my non season it is not funny any more like 6000 death breaths for example.

One last reminder before Friday about the new Discord server, all you need to do is click that link to get started and be added to the active user list for the text and voice channels there.

Already added it going to put on my microphone also this friday! :)

Dunfisch

It's wednesday, I'm inebriated, but also ready and prepared for 2.4,
THAT ALREADY HAPPENED
, here we go.

Still gotta stock up for friday night.

Dreavus

I'll probably jump back in if I can convince a friend to power level me again, lol. Still can't stand the 1 –> 70 even though I know it's pretty quick overall. Jumping in half way and getting some help gearing up has been fun the last few times.

Don't judge me GAF!

I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but...

Is there any logic behind what items to drop into the Cube? As opposed to the ones which you should try to re-roll to Ancient status? Like, if I have a normal Furnace, should I be trying to roll that into an Ancient, or just grabbing the affix and putting it on something else? What is the right item to just keep as-is rather than melting into the Cube?

I know if you have good duplicates or under-leveled items, it makes sense to drop those into the Cube because it's just going to give the max value of the Orange text on the Leg no matter what. I suppose I'm just not sure about dealing with level 70s, some of which I've only ever had one of. ty!

Baliis

I'll probably jump back in if I can convince a friend to power level me again, lol. Still can't stand the 1 –> 70 even though I know it's pretty quick overall. Jumping in half way and getting some help gearing up has been fun the last few times.

Don't judge me GAF!

Just jump on like 5 hours into the season, people will already be 70 with full 6 sets lol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
d[-_-]b;192100707 said:
Guess i'll just have to play the PS4 version until another sale happens :(.

It's $40 for the base game and expansion. Is that too much?

I really need to get into D3 more than I am now. I look at streams on twitch and have zero clue what they are talking about, lol. I love the game, the gameplay, look, etc. but I need to devote some time to getting my character as strong as I see on the streams.

Can I go there to hang out too? I'll be mostly playing the console version but I wouldn't mind seeing people go for the seasons on the PC. If that's not ok then I'll stay away.

Top Bottom