• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

DarkJC

Getting the crafted set that adds an additional deaths breath when it drops (Sage's I think?) works really well if you're going to upgrade a lot of rare items.

Getting the crafted set that adds an additional deaths breath when it drops (Sage's I think?) works really well if you're going to upgrade a lot of rare items.

It's not very worth it if you have to break a 6pc set for it because you could farm higher torment and get fairly similar rates(with better legendary/xp), but it's really good on some classes that can use 6pc+3pc sage with RoRG(mostly it's the old sets like Natalya, Inna, Tal Rasha and so on that can do it due to having weird slots for some of their gear). Like you can do a Talrasha/Inna sage that can speed farm T10, which gives a ton of DBs, around 600-800 per hour.

Getting worst luck on these stupid barb sets farming. I got 9IK, 8wastes, 5earth and... zero Raekor :( Now I need to keep farming for just one set which is pretty annoying.

cabot

I've had a huge upcount of legendaries since the patch, and i've also dropped about 5 ancients where before I think I dropped like 3 in my entire time in 2.3

Shame they're not good enough to replace my main gear.

Is there any specific playstyle for set farming? or is it just pray to the RNG

It's not very worth it if you have to break a 6pc set for it because you could farm higher torment and get fairly similar rates(with better legendary/xp), but it's really good on some classes that can use 6pc+3pc sage with RoRG(mostly it's the old sets like Natalya, Inna, Tal Rasha and so on that can do it due to having weird slots for some of their gear). Like you can do a Talrasha/Inna sage that can speed farm T10, which gives a ton of DBs, around 600-800 per hour.

Getting worst luck on these stupid barb sets farming. I got 9IK, 8wastes, 5earth and... zero Raekor :( Now I need to keep farming for just one set which is pretty annoying.

technically any wiz set with a source would work with sage right ?
firebird and tal rasha would work I think

technically any wiz set with a source would work with sage right ?
firebird and tal rasha would work I think

Correct, but an offhand is one of these weird slots I'm talking about. A lot of sets are helm chest legs gloves shoulders boots, and those don't work. You need at least one "weird" slot for them to combine properly, like sunwuko's amulet, talrasha amulet+offhand, firebird's offhand, inna's weapon+whatever(belt?), IK weapon+belt and so on.

I mean basically you need 5pc with only counting 1 of helm/gloves/boots, so you can fit sage. There's a bunch of sets that work, but mostly they're the "old" sets, stuff that existed in vanilla and were just upgraded. Most of the new sets use the traditional setup.

One exception is Invoker which uses Bracers instead of Chest, but that still doesn't work because it's replacing a non sage slot. Meaning Crusaders can't run Sage and 6pc in any way. That said you can do a thorns build without full invoker I think, haven't looked into it in detail, so might still be doable.

Firemind

Some of the 6pc bonuses aren't that great anyway. I mean, now that you can start with an automatic 50 stacks, the Archon 6pc is kind of meh. On TX everything will melt anyway.

Set dungeons are gonna be a pain in the dick in non season, don't think I'm getting them
Which sucks cause the first ones are nice. Big ones are trash though, they just scream "look at me" but are total garbo

Xanathus

I'm just gonna leave set dungeons as a long term goal to complete, since seasons are 3 months long now I imagine I could just focus on 2 classes per season and finish all of the set dungeons for those classes before moving on to the next ones.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Think I should be able to sneak in some play time for season start after all (gaming laptop saves the day!).

Did GR group composition wind up as DPS+DPS+support WD+support barb? Sounds like support monk is mostly finished.

Think I should be able to sneak in some play time for season start after all (gaming laptop saves the day!).

Did GR group composition wind up as DPS+DPS+support WD+support barb? Sounds like support monk is mostly finished.

Seems to be what everyone's doing atm yeah. Support WD because apparently Mass Confusion is OP, support barb for the usual stuff, then DPS seem to be Delsere Wiz for the aoe and LoN WD or Impale DH for the elites/rift guardians.

XShagrath

I should be able to jump in tonight. This thing starts at 9pm EST, right?

edit: Looked it up because yay internet! Looks like it's at 8PM my time. I'll try my best to get out of work and home by start. I grabbed the patch earlier this week in preparation.

mileS

Not saying you guys are doing this but I kind of hate when the community focuses on the best of the best / high end group composition. Casual players will get on and not invite a certain class or roll their eyes if the group isn't perfect. Groups can get by with any class combination. It's not until the highest end GR's that you 'need' a more popular group make up.

It also leads to some of the less informed players coming to conclusions about DPS and what not. For example. You guys are talking about groups running with DH and Wiz for DPS. These people will see everyone talking about the group make ups and automatically come to the conclusion that anything BUT those classes for dps is just not good enough. An example to shoot off of that is not getting invited to a group if you are a Barb, and aren't currently spec'ed into a support role.

Just a little pet peeve of mine.

Raticus79

Sure, that's why I said GR and left DPS as a wildcard. The clan is flexible when it comes to that stuff. I tend to stick with supports because they're a more rigid "requirement" for groups to run higher GR.

I'll go for WD. Grin Reaper wins on style points.

XShagrath

I get where you're coming from, as I've feel that way reading the thread sometimes. I'm not a huge min-maxer and just play the game for fun.

However, I've never had a problem finding someone to play with in the clan during the beginning of a season (and the weeks thereafter). As long as you can hold your own (even just barely), you'll find a group. If you ask nicely, you can probably even get powerleveled a little bit later on in the season if necessary.

All in all, a nice clan/community, and I don't see any of the elitism in the actual game, except for some friendly ribbing from time to time.

mileS

Oh I know, that's why I said I'm not saying you guys are part of that. Most of us here are hardcore enough. I know the guild doesn't focus on that stuff anyway. Just so we're all crystal clear, I'm not talking about our guild. It's just a general pet peeve from random groups and getting invited via other communities.

Well it's general behaviour, happens in pretty much every game where it can be done. People always refer to tier lists in fighting games even when they're playing at low rating. MOBAs have that a ton where some people seem to think you need specific setups to win or that a hero isn't good because he's not played competitively.

For the most part any class can do anything, you don't even need 2 supports, or a support at all, for what most people will be doing anyway(speed GR and what not). Not that many people actually try to push GRs, and if you're not pusing GRs past 80, you definitely don't need the perfect setup.

But it doesn't hurt to know what's the meta if you plan on pubbing, since it's likely you'll get kicked out of pub groups(other than bounty) if you play say, a monk this season. Not every group obviously, but will probably happen at some point. It sucks but eh. Monk's fine too, as long as you're not going for #1 or whatever. Explosive Palm stuff still looks really good for grouping to me, especially for speed clearing with like a single target focused DPS like Impale DH. EP everything, DH kills one mob super fast, everything goes boom.

Dahbomb

Not saying you guys are doing this but I kind of hate when the community focuses on the best of the best / high end group composition. Casual players will get on and not invite a certain class or roll their eyes if the group isn't perfect. Groups can get by with any class combination. It's not until the highest end GR's that you 'need' a more popular group make up.

It also leads to some of the less informed players coming to conclusions about DPS and what not. For example. You guys are talking about groups running with DH and Wiz for DPS. These people will see everyone talking about the group make ups and automatically come to the conclusion that anything BUT those classes for dps is just not good enough. An example to shoot off of that is not getting invited to a group if you are a Barb, and aren't currently spec'ed into a support role.

Yeah it's pretty bad every Season.l and it seems like it will be pretty bad this season as well if not worse. A lot of resources are already out for what's the best of the best so people have developed that mindset without even playing the game.

I want to make a side Monk just so I can show people that Monk can still make an excellent support or side DPS character.

Raticus79

Yeah, the impale DH + EP monk combo should be pretty strong. Good thing to have for your sideboard when the opportunity arises.

XShagrath

I hope my new mouse doesn't screw me up too much. I had a Razer DeathAdder that developed the dreaded double-click, so I replaced it with a Mionix Naos 7000. I've only had it for a few days, so I'm still getting used to it and definitely am not moving around as smoothly as I would like to.

RS4-

Well fuck, found a manticore. Rolled only 63% on CA RCR. So hey, why not cube it right, does max rolls.

I mouse over, only does 50%. Unless those values are wrong until you actually extract.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not sure what class I want to start up for the season tonight. I've been leaning towards Crusader, but DH has some cool looking shit too, I'm definitely interested in trying a shadow mantle build.

eek5

Sure, that's why I said GR and left DPS as a wildcard. The clan is flexible when it comes to that stuff. I tend to stick with supports because they're a more rigid "requirement" for groups to run higher GR.

I'll go for WD. Grin Reaper wins on style points.

support is great for clan because no one wants to play support lol

inky

How good is Monk for solo rifts? (in terms of fast clearing time) Can I make a fast moving Monk that just zips into enemies (like SSS) and has good AoE?

I have not played the class since before the expansion came out. I played a little these past 2 days just to get my old Barb and a new Crusader to 70, finish the story and unlock Adventure mode to prepare for the season, and kind of get an idea of the expansion modes and what to aim for.

Did level 20 GRs with my WW Barb and that was fun and relatively fast with the random legendaries from bounties/rifts. Still haven't messed with finding the cube or checking what's up with that.

Dahbomb

How good is Monk for solo rifts? (in terms of fast clearing time) Can I make a fast moving Monk that just zips into enemies (like SSS) and has good AoE?

I have not played the class since before the expansion came out. I played a little these past 2 days just to get my old Barb and a new Crusader character to 70, finish the story and unlock Adventure mode to prepare for the season and kind of get an idea of the expansion modes.

Did level 20 GRs with my WW Barb and that was fun and relatively fast with the random legendaries from bounties/rifts. Still haven't messed with finding the cube or checking what's up with that.
Yes Monk is fine for TX speed farming. You can do either Explosive Light build or U6 build. Even Raiment 6 speed farm build works very well.

inky

Yes Monk is fine for TX speed farming. You can do either Explosive Light build or U6 build. Even Raiment 6 speed farm build works very well.

OK, so I googled these and I guess I can even transition from one to the other (to see which one I like best). Gamble for a good Head piece and utility items first until I get the set pieces (which is not the one offered in the season, right?), then just round up the build.

Seems doable. Thanks.

So has Witch Doctor changed a lot in the new patch? I really enjoyed using the SuWong Diviner and blowing shit up with Acid Cloud. What set should I use for that play style (assuming it's still viable)?

Guys, I'll cross post this on both Diablo threads to see if I can find some help.

Here's my problem: I'm having trouble getting past GR65 or so, my dps is too low. I can finish it without dying every single time, but I need a good rift to actually get within the time limit. I'm a crusader with the Seeker of the Light set, Blessed Hammer build with Guard of Johanna and Johanna's Argument, Traveler's Pledge + Compass Rose. They are all mostly ancient, real stats, nothing too fancy.

I can farm GR60 without problem, but 64-5+ I'm getting stuck. I know that right now the Invoker set is the new hot stuff, but I wanted to keep my hammerdin, if possible. My Kanai is Furnace/Hammer Jammers/Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac and my skills are Blessed Hammer/Iron Skin/Akarat/Falling Sword/Provoke/Judgement.

Baliis

So has Witch Doctor changed a lot in the new patch? I really enjoyed using the SuWong Diviner and blowing shit up with Acid Cloud. What set should I use for that play style (assuming it's still viable)?

Zunis got a buff I believe, helltooth is still pretty good, and the new ring set is awesome for them because they have so many good legendary effects

Dahbomb

Guys, I'll cross post this on both Diablo threads to see if I can find some help.
I don't know much about Crusaders but it seems like you have the correct items. Beyond this level you are into min/max territory so you need to link your set up and stats. Have you leveled your gems high enough? What's your Paragon? What does your weapon look like? Passives?

Also have you started using the new Cube recipe to enchant your best items? That's a good source of damage bonus.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so on my monk i modified my spec a little bit, and im getting something like 150% peak damage reduction now. Not even sure if there are diminishing returns at some point.

I have the sweeping wind legendary that allows it to go up to 10 stacks, 4p sunwuko and 6p inna's. I don't use wave of light or the wave of light staff anymore, so i was able to use my spare Inna's staff to keep the 6p.

i am able to do GR50 with half the timer still left to go (i still need to clear a few more to see what i top out at). basically, this is the most progression ive seen yet, so its kind of exciting.

I don't know much about Crusaders but it seems like you have the correct items. Beyond this level you are into min/max territory so you need to link your set up and stats. Have you leveled your gems high enough? What's your Paragon? What does your weapon look like? Passives?

Also have you started using the new Cube recipe to enchant your best items? That's a good source of damage bonus.

Thanks, I'll try to put it all together and write it here later, gotta go watch SW again with a friend. For now I can say that my passives are Fervor/Blunt/Finery/Indestructible (thinking about changing this one, but it did save me a few times when I fucked it up). My current gems are Taeguk (50), Bane of the Trapped (56) and Gogok (50), but I'm leveling up Bane of the Stricken to replace Taeguk (maybe, I'm still thinking about it). My Paragon is 451 iirc, and I've seen the new Cube recipe and I'm planning on using it soon, starting with my amulet because IIRC I got a good roll on that one.

What is going to be the "meta" for S5 duo leaderboards, you think?

Last season it was clearly Barb+Monk, with WD+Monk sprinkled in.

A buddy and I like to chase leaderboards and have sadly not done much research this upcoming season. Thoughts?

w4ttsup

Any fellow Gaffers going to be taking hardcore plunge this season?

After playing PoE HC the last few weeks I think I'll try playing a full D3 season on hardcore.

th3dude

Is there still a NA clan to join? Any other ways to get together with you all for season 5?

I'm NA and will be playing normal (non-hardcore).

Dahbomb

Top Bottom