• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but...

Is there any logic behind what items to drop into the Cube? As opposed to the ones which you should try to re-roll to Ancient status? Like, if I have a normal Furnace, should I be trying to roll that into an Ancient, or just grabbing the affix and putting it on something else? What is the right item to just keep as-is rather than melting into the Cube?

I know if you have good duplicates or under-leveled items, it makes sense to drop those into the Cube because it's just going to give the max value of the Orange text on the Leg no matter what. I suppose I'm just not sure about dealing with level 70s, some of which I've only ever had one of. ty!

start with items you know you wont ever use the affix for to clear out your stash
then do obviously inferior duplicates of items
then do items you probably dont see yourself speccing with anytime soon.

as you're leveling, just do whatever low-level legendaries you come across

with the changes my monk can now do Torment X. whoopee. but the damage is a little low for it, even though i can survive it no problem.

Nere

Just fully explored the greyhollow island in less than 30min. It only has 1 true dungeon and 2 really tiny dungeons. I also found only 1 quest. The mob density is really bad I have to say compared to other zones. Is that all the island has to offer? Does it change everytime you visit it, the layout I mean? Do new quests and stuff pop?

TSM

Every time I exit out of D3 now the game keeps running in the background and I have to kill it with task manager. I only noticed this because I was waiting for the play button to reappear in the launcher and it never did. I started task manager and D3 was still running. After manually killing it the play button reappeared. This seems like it could get annoying when I afk too long.

Every time I exit out of D3 now the game keeps running in the background and I have to kill it with task manager. I only noticed this because I was waiting for the play button to reappear in the launcher and it never did. I started task manager and D3 was still running. After manually killing it the play button reappeared. This seems like it could get annoying when I afk too long.

Yeah. This is happening to me as well. Just clicking my Battle.net shortcut fixes it too.

MrDaravon

Anyone have a link or anything to what's good for monks in 2.4? Asking for a friend who plays casually, I just have zero idea what's up with Monks now. Not looking for endgame grift pushing builds or anything, just for someone who is pretty casual. Actually not seeing a lot on reddit? I have no idea what items/builds are good at all for them anymore.

Dahbomb

Anyone have a link or anything to what's good for monks in 2.4? Asking for a friend who plays casually, I just have zero idea what's up with Monks now. Not looking for endgame grift pushing builds or anything, just for someone who is pretty casual. Actually not seeing a lot on reddit? I have no idea what items/builds are good at all for them anymore.
The Uliana 6 piece build that worked in 2.3 works well in 2.4. The Fist of Az does more multiplier on EP so for casual players it's a big buff but the snapshotting Pylon and Wohf have been removed so it's a nerf in that sense.

Another casual/easy build is the Inna's Pet build. This isn't the most optimized version of the build but it gives a good idea of how it plays out:

https://youtu.be/hPd7aMuHbmc

It has pushed GR82 on PTR and was rank 2.

Another popular build is the Inna's Generator build using Shenlongs, Raiment 2 with Mangle. It's just a punchy build, straightforward as hell. These should be easy to find online.

Other builds are LoN builds including a Tempest Rush build that was rank 1 at GR83 and an Explosive Light LoN build for TX speed farm. Uliana works fine for speed farm too and is easier to gear for where as getting a LoN build up and running is tough for casual play. The TR LoN build just uses the new TR items, Hexing Pants, Channeling shoulders and are bunch of Spirit regeneration through stuff like Crudest boots. There might not be a build posted online because it was discovered late in PTR but it's definitely good though like all LoN gear it's hard to finish.

SWK 6 pc is very clunky but still usable. That will be his first 6 pc with Monk. Probably just use a Lightning Bell build with SWK or Fire LTK build. Good enough for lower levels. At top end SWK does less damage than LoN and is way clunkier to build around.

Raiment 6 is outclassed by everything. Still good for TX speed farm but the damage just doesn't compete against others at top end.

So today I farmed my crusader sets then did the dungeons, they were a lot less annoying than the WD ones. Roland one was kinda annoying because it's way too big so it was really close to clear it in time(granted having better gear would probably have helped) but the others were fairly straight forward and easy.

Now wondering if I should do Barb before season starts, but unlike Crusader on which I had 6pc akkan to start farming with, I only have like 4pc IK 2pc wastes on my barb(pretty sure I had more but I threw away everything since I didn't plan on playing barb again). Makes it a bit more annoying since I can't farm nearly as well.

Celegus

Sure. Add me up.

glottis8#1687
Heh, if only. Gotta do 'em solo. Finally did it last night though. Hope the rest aren't that bad!

So today I farmed my crusader sets then did the dungeons, they were a lot less annoying than the WD ones. Roland one was kinda annoying because it's way too big so it was really close to clear it in time(granted having better gear would probably have helped) but the others were fairly straight forward and easy.

Now wondering if I should do Barb before season starts, but unlike Crusader on which I had 6pc akkan to start farming with, I only have like 4pc IK 2pc wastes on my barb(pretty sure I had more but I threw away everything since I didn't plan on playing barb again). Makes it a bit more annoying since I can't farm nearly as well.

The IK one was incredibly easy, just stack CDR and you're good. Raekor got to be pretty annoying, but nowhere near as bad as Wastes. Looking for one more piece of Might to try that one and finish up barb before I move onto the next.

Heh, if only. Gotta do 'em solo. Finally did it last night though. Hope the rest aren't that bad!

The IK one was incredibly easy, just stack CDR and you're good. Raekor got to be pretty annoying, but nowhere near as bad as Wastes. Looking for one more piece of Might to try that one and finish up barb before I move onto the next.

Actually, you don't need to do them solo. Anyone can come inside and do stuff for you. Specifically for this one, anyone can come in and tank stuff, and them being hit doesn't count against your progress. Not sure what's the other objective other than not getting hit, but it should be doable. Can have say a Crusader just taunting and dragging stuff with the horse and pulling with vacuum condemn and what not, while you do your stuff.

It's kinda cheesy though.

Celegus

Actually, you don't need to do them solo. Anyone can come inside and do stuff for you. Specifically for this one, anyone can come in and tank stuff, and them being hit doesn't count against your progress. Not sure what's the other objective other than not getting hit, but it should be doable. Can have say a Crusader just taunting and dragging stuff with the horse and pulling with vacuum condemn and what not, while you do your stuff.

It's kinda cheesy though.
What seriously? I thought it specifically said set dungeons are only solo. I guess I haven't tried, but dang that would make it easier.

What seriously? I thought it specifically said set dungeons are only solo. I guess I haven't tried, but dang that would make it easier.

I assumed they were solo too but there's a large thread on reddit about it, apparently anyone can go in, even different classes and they don't affect any objective progress(well other than killing everything so you can't do some of them), so yeah if something is too annoying you can just get someone to help and clear.

RS4-

Thanks m6 challenge, don't let anyone get within melee range. Ok sounds easy. Except for the part where guys spawn underneath your feet.

edit - nm, completed it lol

Baliis

I don't feel like playing any of my other games except Diablo 3 Season 5 :(

Thankfully I was able to wrap up Xenoblade X and Trails of Cold Steel already, so I'm mostly set for Friday. Probably won't be able to finish Life is Strange by then, but oh well, I'll come back to it.

Celegus

I'm barely into Fallout 4, just started Undertale, haven't touched Xenoblade... and yep, the only thing I want to play is Diablo. Was hoping I'd have more time recently, but this house thing just keeps finding new and exciting ways to break itself. At least no kids for us!

New season starts tomorrow, right?

B0lpdkU.gif

Shouta

New season, huh? I think I might try building a thorns Crusader to see how far I can get, lol.

I don't think I can just do the usual grind right now.

start with items you know you wont ever use the affix for to clear out your stash
then do obviously inferior duplicates of items
then do items you probably dont see yourself speccing with anytime soon.

as you're leveling, just do whatever low-level legendaries you come across

with the changes my monk can now do Torment X. whoopee. but the damage is a little low for it, even though i can survive it no problem.

TYVM!

I mostly came to these conclusions last night but I had some terrible paralysis of analysis when looking at things. But I was pleased to see how quickly you can ramp up your collection of mats with split farming.

Nokterian

Oh man discord is awesome just talked to a fellow gaffer Icemaker crystal clear sound and you can upload gifs and embedded youtube links! That will be in good use :D

Ashodin

Rolled with the GAF crew last night. 18 sets of hellfire machines lol.

Still working on my insanely fast 2H crusader build. Trying to figure out what best gems to use.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Season 5 is right around the corner. Time to play consistently for the next 3 wks before burning out and not playing until Season 6.

haha right?

it was like that for my barb, but for some reason i just never have fun with that class.

i'm hoping wizard is more fun. i like the bang boom flash zip zoom stuff.

Nokterian

Any Gaf community Euro side? or Clan?

Yeah there is a gaf clan EU i can add you first going to see who was the longest offline so i have to kick them if needed because if i see over 300 days inactive it's a kick.

Fuck now i want to do a Wizard and later a Crusader maybe...still in doubt what to choose :p

Begaria

God dammit. I was doing an empowered GRift 50 (49.9 million gold) and was almost done the damn thing when the game boots me out saying that it was out of date and I needed to apply a patch. I guess a hotfix just happened. Pissed me right the fuck off.

God dammit. I was doing an empowered GRift 50 (49.9 million gold) and was almost done the damn thing when the game boots me out saying that it was out of date and I needed to apply a patch. I guess a hotfix just happened. Pissed me right the fuck off.

I made 1.5billion yesterday playing on torment 6 farming sets on my crusader. Whenever you do normal rifts(for keys and what not), use the greed gem and you'll be making dozens of millions per rift, especially if you're on T9/10.

Begaria

I made 1.5billion yesterday playing on torment 6 farming sets on my crusader. Whenever you do normal rifts(for keys and what not), use the greed gem and you'll be making dozens of millions per rift, especially if you're on T9/10.

Oh, losing that amount of gold is no problem, I've got a ton of it. It's the principle of the thing :p

ZenaxPure

Welp.. this looks like it's right up my alley. Thanks

I'll probably play wiz with wd on the side :|

Oh man, that does look really awesome. I want to give that a try at some point. I still plan on mostly playing barb though, been waiting too long for leapquake to be buffed (it's been what, a year and a half now? Time flies!) so I am going to play the crap out of that.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's been a while since I played. What's the best way to get loot in the game now? Just do bounties and do rifts?

Also, is there a site I can use to pull the various good DH builds. I heard from Dahbomb that this upcoming patch would make pet builds a bit more viable.

Baliis

It's been a while since I played. What's the best way to get loot in the game now? Just do bounties and do rifts?

Also, is there a site I can use to pull the various good DH builds. I heard from Dahbomb that this upcoming patch would make pet builds a bit more viable.

Diablofan is usually the go to place for builds, and yea Marauders got a nice buff this patch

Thinking I'll go Thorn Crusader to start off then maybe make a DH after. I tried my Wiz and it's pretty nice how easy it is to keep up Tal Rasha 4 stack. That said, I'm not keen unless I get excessively bored or go down another rabbit hole. Haven't played Crusader in forever so I think that'll be enough.

Dahbomb

Sweet! Thanks! so what's the best method to farm gear at the moment? go do rifts? do bounties? blood shards? sort of lost at the moment.
Rifts of course.

The Kanai Cube allows you to convert Rare items to its equivalent Legendary type which is also a good way to target farm items outside of Blood Shards. These recipes generally require crafting mats and Death's Breath which you also get from playing a lot of Rifts.

Some of the recipes require bounty materials so you may need to run Bounties too. It's just the ones that require extracted Legendary powers and re-roll a Legendary item completely (super expensive).

Top Bottom