• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Been brushing up on Wiz in non-season, pretty sure that's what I'm firing up for season 5. Haven't played one since S1 or S2 I think. Last couple seasons I was Barb/DH/Monk mainly. Not sure what alt will be, one character will probably be enough to carry me to XCOM 2 launch. Maybe WD since I've never rolled one. Softcore.

Only have a few hours to play early tonight though since I have WoW raid as well.

oSoLucky

Wizard first for me. First main and I haven't mained since S2. Monk and DH have been too stronk since then. Going to go with Monk/Barb for alts most likely thus the around. I'm convinced that Monks will find their way into the meta later in the season as they always seem to do. They have so many great support abilities. Maybe with the meta being more diverse, I won't slow down a month in like every other season.

mileS

I think I'm gonna do wiz for HC now. I was thinking DH softcore, WD HC, but maybe I'll just do both of those in SC

Your feats last season when you switched to HC made me want to finally try it sometime this season. The more I play this game over the years, the more I think I'll actually enjoy it and not be completely defeated if I die.

VoxPop

Yay that time of year. Haven't really read up on anything. But hearing good things about Wiz and DH this time around. Haven't played Wiz at all since the game came out so this might be a good time to start fresh.

Dunfisch

Season 5 start was a blast! Crazy rifts, goblin hordes, loot all around - you couldn't ask for better. And as of this post, I even got the top season paragon spot at 105, followed by Nokterian at 103.

Not that I expect it'll last.

Nokterian

Already paragon 119 and i have been playing since 5 pm CET EU time. Loving the crusader and just finished the first 4 chapters got my portrait and pet!

Sober

The Crusader changes so they can use thorns is nice but I don't feel like anything fundamentally changed enough about that class that it would be fun to play vs. monk and barb to me sadly.

Probably gonna do Wiz/WD this season. Really enjoyed WD last season and Wiz is my go to class more or less.

Well, being a Thorns Crusader is basically crazy Japanese virtual horse racing mixed with Initial D.

Well now I'm listening to Initial D music. Curious choice though, this one doesn't even make my top 5.

Playing DH, Shadow is like so high maintenance compared to most builds, but it feels pretty good one shotting whatever you click(well rift guardians do take like 2-3hits). It's an interesting take on the normal D3 gameplay though where those white packs of little spider demon things from act 3 take longer to kill than 2 blue packs of large hp mobs. I think I should probably just skip trash and run around finding elite packs.

What's the fastest way to get to max level so I can start farming for stuff on my season character?

Solo it kinda depends, with the new kill streak bonus xp thing, farming high density non rift areas such as Fields of Misery and Halls of Agony or even Ruins of Sescheron is I think faster than rifting, but it's also kinda boring and you don't get blood shards. You also need a char that can chain kill quickly while moving, melee classes tend to be a bit meh at it besides WW barb. Other than that just Rifts.

You want to do Halls at first though cause it has white weapons for these early levels upgrades, like until 15 or so.

Other stuff you can do, remake the game until you have Khule as your bounty kill in act2 on Master difficulty and do that at lvl 1, it's very quick and gives you like 4levels and a bunch of rares. At ~20, you can kill Leoric on story mode to get the guaranteed crown with a socket, good for xp gems and for cubing later on(leoric is pretty nice for armor slot cube in early gearing process to meet the CDR requirements of most builds). At ~23 you can do one round of bounty and see if you get Cain or Born set plans and craft those.

These aren't necessary but they can speed up the process, or not, depending on your luck.

Nokterian

Season 5 start was a blast! Crazy rifts, goblin hordes, loot all around - you couldn't ask for better. And as of this post, I even got the top season paragon spot at 105, followed by Nokterian at 103.

Not that I expect it'll last.

I already surpassed you when you went to bed 121 at the moment :p

Low Tier
RAQXWK6.png

DV eat your heart out

I just re-enchanted everything to maximise DPS on my crusader, gave up on Life on Hit, Indestructable, even VIT sometimes. Managed to complete the GRift that I had problems with 5 minutes to spare, but I'm losing a lot more HP, even died once, something that almost never happened with the old build.

Ferrio

Banned
Started playing tonight for the first time since, uhh when the auction house first went up. Still early in but it feels much better, lot of loot, not a bunch of stupid deaths from OP shit. I'm enjoying it.

Nokterian

3845973.jpg

New games or not this happens when season 4 launched for me and now again with season 5. A lot of new releases are slowly dripping in and i am to dedicated for this game and i don't mind though :p

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
You EU guys wanna play tonight? I'll have to lvl my character first though, if someone doesn't mind powerlvling me... Yes, I'm looking at you, Nokt.

Syntsui

It seems most of you guys play the PC version =(. I finally recovered my progress after hackers fucked up my wizard on PS4. I'm about paragon level 70 with a DH, trying to get a Marauder set as soon as possible.

I'd like to coop with some gaffers whenever it's possible, I don't have that good of a character yet but I will get there!

PSN ID: andersoncalabro

nin1000

Banned
I've had a huge upcount of legendaries since the patch, and i've also dropped about 5 ancients where before I think I dropped like 3 in my entire time in 2.3

Shame they're not good enough to replace my main gear.

Is there any specific playstyle for set farming? or is it just pray to the RNG

Mostly RNG cabot.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
It seems most of you guys play the PC version =(. I finally recovered my progress after hackers fucked up my wizard on PS4. I'm about paragon level 70 with a DH, trying to get a Marauder set as soon as possible.

I'd like to coop with some gaffers whenever it's possible, I don't have that good of a character yet but I will get there!

PSN ID: andersoncalabro

There's a console thread, you know? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

level 205 and just missing band of might, furnace and restraint on my barb, looking good so far
don't think i'll play raekor, it's really annoying to play and too squishy

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shugga-2416/hero/71668721

if it helps I read that :
- Getting Lut Socks for the cube is super easy if you Kadala @ lvl 1 because its the only legendary boot available.

Before you waste mats, this doesn't work. You can only upgrade level 70 rares, and they come out as a 70 legendary using the full loot table. This does work for gambling though, but that's only useful if you need stuff to cube, as they'll come out at the level you're gambling for. You also need to be at the correct minimum level, off the top of my head Lut Socks is actually 8+. Can still be great for specific legendaries that might be hard to get otherwise. For example Dawn for DH which is required for pretty much every build in the cube this patch is lvl 50, and that cuts the amount of 1h xbow you can get by a fair amount(I think less than half).

Top Bottom