• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BigDug13

So I've linked my battlenet account to PSN through the game, yet the mailbox continues to tell me that "I have to be logged in to PSN" and I already am logged into PSN. Attempting to redo the battlenet link steps comes up saying I'm already linked. Also my multiplayer game list is empty.

My PS4 is definitely connected to the internet, so what gives?

CRA5H

I wish there was a way to preview items specs without having to pick it up... or maybe I haven't discovered it yet..

DirtyLarry

Correct, they are just "for show". Your attacks are your lists of skills.

It's a little silly, but you'll get used to it!
Thanks for the fast reply.

Thats not very accurate... For example as a monk i have skills that only use my fist and it appears as if my weapon is on my back.. but when i pick a different skill its actually using the weapon. So when the weapon is on my back am i getting the benefits of the weapon?
When I use the spitball dart thing that is the first weapon of the Witch Doctor (at least it was for me) when I choose knife it is in my characters hand, but I do see the bow on my back I believe.

But it sounds as if I am still seeing the benefit of having the bow equipped.

I was wondering the same thing. Then somehow I accidentally had one of my skills unassigned (still not sure how I did that) then suddenly my wizard was swinging her sword that projected some magical fireball with that now-unassigned button.
Interesting. Well see if I can mimic this just to see it in action.

I have not kept a game from GameFly in a long time. I will be keeping this I think, but want to play it a bit more. Looks as if it may get a little more challenging the more I go on, and I tend to play games by myself these days just because my play time is so damn random, infrequent, and usually short, so that is my big concern. That it gets to a point where it is just no longer enjoyable on my own. The game does seem tailored made for CoOp, just like Gauntlet was.

Woorloog

Banned
Fuck my life. I get this beautiful legendary sword, Blackguard, from a hard fight... and it has intelligence, not strength... I play a crusader.

EDIT by the way, Blessed Hammer feels incredibly powerful. And so cheap! Just 10 Wrath...

Card Boy

Banned
I cant for the life of me work out out how to give items to my followers on PS4. Lyndon and Kormac still have default items. I got the PC version so i know they only take certain items (eg bows for Lyndon).

hawk2025

Just so I'm clear on this, is there any way to push items from one of my characters to another?

So let's say I'm currently a Witch Doctor, and I find something that I think can benefit my Demon Hunter that I'm planning on starting after. Is there a way to transfer the items? Did I miss a tutorial somewhere?

Card Boy

Banned
Just so I'm clear on this, is there any way to push items from one of my characters to another?

So let's say I'm currently a Witch Doctor, and I find something that I think can benefit my Demon Hunter that I'm planning on starting after. Is there a way to transfer the items? Did I miss a tutorial somewhere?

put it in your stash.

Blu10

Put them in the chest in town, and then pick them up with your other character.

Jagxyz

Wow, this ring looks pretty sweet (except the fact that it's dex...). What's the chance of getting a legendary drop from its effect?

BcY1SKQ.png

A couple of newbie questions from someone who's never really invested significant time in any Diablo game.

I've seen a lot of talk in this thread of the game being easy. Would you guys recommend that I just start on Expert?

Also, if anyone wants to share the class that has been most enjoyable for them to play and why, I'd love to hear it. I tend to avoid melee/tank characters in these types of games and will probably do the same here. So I'm probably choosing between Wizard, Witch Doctor, or Demon Hunter.

Thanks for any replies!

Woorloog

Banned
A couple of newbie questions from someone who's never really invested significant time in any Diablo game.

I've seen a lot of talk in this thread of the game being easy. Would you guys recommend that I just start on Expert?

Also, if anyone wants to share the class that has been most enjoyable for them to play and why, I'd love to hear it. I tend to avoid melee/tank characters in these types of games and will probably do the same here. So I'm probably choosing between Wizard, Witch Doctor, or Demon Hunter.

Thanks for any replies!

You can switch the difficulty in-game too (but only one step) so start with Hard, you can then up it to Expert or lower it to Normal, if you need to.

As for classes, i like the Wizard when it comes to non-melee classes. The feel of power is incredible, once you get some spells. (All classes are pretty terrible until you get more spells.)
EDIT BTW, the Crusader has quite a lot of ranged skill options, so it can be played as a ranged class too.

sjay1994

I'm at level 32 and still havent finished Act I yet.

Did you import a save?

Because if not... good god man.

I don't think I could ever grind that much in one area.

Level 51 Wizard and I am 1/3rd through act 5.

I have no idea how I am going to hit level 70 on hardcore.

Andrew.

Banned
Did you import a save?

I didn't import and I haven't been grinding. The only part I re did were the three cathedral crypts later on.

The enemies all respawned and I fought some really cool mid bosses and got really good loot drops, including a legendary crossbow. It was worth it =D

Playin on Expert

Jagxyz

Did you import a save?

What difficulty are you on? I just hit act 4 and I'm a level 50 wizard, minimal grinding also.

I've been absolutely loving this game. Played the vanilla PC version at launch and this is better in every way. Got a Demon Hunter up to level 40 so far and it's a blast. Took a while for the class to really get going, but now that I've got some good skills unlocked I'm vaulting all over the place, setting up sentries and shooting the shit out of everything.

Looking for some more people on my friends list who play. Haven't run into any Nemesis' yet and have only received one thing in the mail, which unfortunately was worse than the legendary I already had. Would also love to get some 4 player games going. Haven't done that yet with this game.

I have the PS4 version. PSN is MrJellyBean.

beanman25

Doing bounties on Master now at lvl 63.

Never played RoS on PC, and am in love with these. Can't wait until I'm strong enough to do rifts!

BumRush

Okay Diablo-GAF, you convinced me...i just bought the PS4 version. Any really high level advice on where to start?

PSN: Massy-Boy

I've been absolutely loving this game. Played the vanilla PC version at launch and this is better in every way. Got a Demon Hunter up to level 40 so far and it's a blast. Took a while for the class to really get going, but now that I've got some good skills unlocked I'm vaulting all over the place, setting up sentries and shooting the shit out of everything.

Looking for some more people on my friends list who play. Haven't run into any Nemesis' yet and have only received one thing in the mail, which unfortunately was worse than the legendary I already had. Would also love to get some 4 player games going. Haven't done that yet with this game.

I have the PS4 version. PSN is MrJellyBean.

I sent you a request. I'll be playing all weekend, though I'm taking it to a friends house tonight to do some three player so not sure if we're gonna play online. But I will be on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone else can add me too, PS4/PSN: brickwalker0

Woorloog

Banned
Hmm, looks like my sword works just fine despite having intelligence instead of strength. Minor reduction in damage, considerably boost in defenses and regen. I can compensate with other gear.
It looks too good not to use it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
HEY XBOX ONE PEOPLE

Let's play some Diablo tonight. I'll be on around 6pm Pacific.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Did you import a save?

expert mode got me to like mid 30s by the end of Act 1

romulus91

oh man , spent about an hour trying to choose a character !! settled with a monk because i really like his skills but crusader seems really cool ............. ugh decisions

SDCowboy

I have to say I'm not a big fan that the transmorg lets you change your gear to look like stuff you haven't attained yet. Honestly, it's kind of killed my desire to grind for endgame loot when I can just change my current gear to look like it now.

I sent you a request. I'll be playing all weekend, though I'm taking it to a friends house tonight to do some three player so not sure if we're gonna play online. But I will be on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone else can add me too, PS4/PSN: brickwalker0

Sounds good. Unless things change, I don't have any plans this weekend besides watching the Packers game tonight so I should be able to play a bunch Saturday and Sunday night.

antitrop

Okay, so for all my bellyaching about not seeing a Nemesis yesterday, I got wrecked by one not 5 minutes into starting up my game. O_O

He came in at the absolute worst time possible, too. I think he had 3-4 kills under his belt, but I didn't get a good look.

Good luck!

JJD

Okay, so for all my bellyaching about not seeing a Nemesis yesterday, I got wrecked by one not 5 minutes into starting up my game. O_O

He came in at the absolute worst time possible, too. I think he had 3-4 kills under his belt, but I didn't get a good look.

Good luck!

Lol I got a Nemesis with four gaffers under his belt...I was the fifth one! :-(

Good luck!

I haven't run into one yet. Do they pop up in the regular campaign or in adventure mode?

Top Bottom