• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

If you have 30 people on your friends list all playing Diablo and a legendary drops, it could go to any of those 30 people.

I'm keeping my list short, only 4 people right now, and they don't have a big list either. Much better odds.
But If you have more ppl there is a better chance of a random legendary being gifted and of a nemesis attacking you.

Liberty4all

Banned
If you have 30 people on your friends list all playing Diablo and a legendary drops, it could go to any of those 30 people.

I'm keeping my list short, only 4 people right now, and they don't have a big list either. Much better odds.

I have a huge list but I want more shots at nemesis invasions.

edukate

can anyone confirm a nemesis invasion happening in their own single player game?

I added a bunch of you guys and not one encounter yet :( ... either you guys don't die or Blizzard should up the frequency in the next patch

ZenaxPure

What's the best site for D3 character builds and fighting strategies? I've developed a few strategies playing my Wizard to almost level 30, but constantly looking for ways to improve.

At this point pretty much everything is figured out and since the differences between console and PC versions are minimal you can just use the same resources . Each class has their own subreddit with various guides on what to do, personally I think it's the best place to start off since all the major builds are covered there.

That said, don't worry about it until you're max level. As you level up it's pretty much impossible to get the stats you need and keep them and the fact you're unlocking new runes/abilities every level makes it hard to pin down a single build.

antitrop

can anyone confirm a nemesis invasion happening in their own single player game?

I added a bunch of you guys and not one encounter yet :( ... either you guys don't die or Blizzard should up the frequency in the next patch
Yes, I got invaded when I was by myself (with Network Settings as "Friends Only") at the beginning of Act 1 on Tuesday.

I was fighting a miniboss outside of the Cathedral entrance and the Nemesis actually killed the miniboss when he showed up, which was awesome.

Liberty4all

Banned
I haven't actually played a loot game since Dungeon Siege 10 years or so ago (loved that game so much). I have to say I guess I've been missing out. This game gives me the same feeling I had playing Dungeon Siege so many years ago.

My wife and I are having a blast ... best hardcore couch co-op experience bar none. I mean stuff like Towerfall is also great, but this is a game with real meat on it. I can see the two of us playing this together for a VERY long time.

Navy Bean

Anyone have a good arcane wizard build? I'm level 70 (20) and have been stuck in limbo where torment I is just too much of a slog. Getting crap drops and a few of my best things are arcane. Thanks.

Tobor

But If you have more ppl there is a better chance of a random legendary being gifted and of a nemesis attacking you.

Let's say for the same of discussion that every player will get at least 1 drop to gift a night.

30 friends means 30 gifts a nights at a 1/30 chance per gift.

4 friends means 4 gifts with a 1/4 chance per gift.

I think the odds are better my way. Any math bros want to weigh in?

Nokterian

I haven't actually played a loot game since Dungeon Siege 10 years or so ago (loved that game so much). I have to say I guess I've been missing out. This game gives me the same feeling I had playing Dungeon Siege so many years ago.

My wife and I are having a blast ... best hardcore couch co-op experience bar none. I mean stuff like Towerfall is also great, but this is a game with real meat on it. I can see the two of us playing this together for a VERY long time.

When patch 2.0 hit on PC it did so mutch and when RoS was out they fixed a hella lot and it's more fun and more entertaining also it is what Diablo is about. Loot and playing Adventure Mode with friends in endless Nephalem Rifts.

This game will and i can say it because i have more then 500 hours since RoS on PC that it's great!

Andrew.

Banned
This game is like fucking crack.

Not that I've ever done crack, but if I did I'm sure I could find it easily comparable to this game.

antitrop

This game is like fucking crack.

Not that I've ever done crack, but if I did I'm sure I could find it easily comparable to this game.
Yup, crack has been the most cliche way to describe this type of game since EverCrack, but can't really come up with any better analogies.

Dug

Banned
Just saw that I have a legendary ring called Signet Ring of the Blizzard in my Stash. Wish I would've saw that before. :p

JP

I'm tempted to buy the official Reaper of Souls guide, has anybody here got it? Is it worth getting?

Hopefully my last simple questions before I start annoying the hell out of people:
  1. Level 12 and in New Tristram now, are there other hub towns like this in the game or do all the missions, shops, etc here?
  2. Do I need to be using the Skills to unlock the Runes for that skill or do they just unlock as I'm levelling up?
  3. How do I gift things to people? I get told sometimes that I can gift a certain item to a certain but having just been made a millionaire by RexNovis I want to be able to help others when I'm able to later on.
  4. Is there any way that I can choose to restore health to followers? What happens if they die?

I have over 100 friends (vast majority added within the last week for D3), and didn't get a single Nemesis invasion in over 10 hours of playing yesterday. :(

i have been invaded by Nemesis more than five times before lv60, i died every single time. lol, i'm on ps4 btw.

ZenaxPure

I'm tempted to buy the official Reaper of Souls guide, has anybody here got it? Is it worth getting?

Hopefully my last simple questions before I start annoying the hell out of people:
  1. Level 12 and in New Tristram now, are there other hub towns like this in the game or do all the missions, shops, etc here?
  2. Do I need to be using the Skills to unlock the Runes for that skill or do they just unlock as I'm levelling up?
  3. How do I gift things to people? I get told sometimes that I can gift a certain item to a certain but having just been made a millionaire by RexNovis I want to be able to help others when I'm able to later on.
  4. Is there any way that I can choose to restore health to followers? What happens if they die?

Absolutely don't buy the guide, the game changes from patch to patch and 2.1 is changing so much any physical guide already printed is going to be outdated. At least as far as items and skill power is concerned. The only thing that wouldn't really be outdated is a story walkthrough, but, uhhhhh I don't think you need one of those.

There are other hub towns (one for each act minus act 3 and 4 which share the same hub), runes unlock on their own, don't need to be using the skill. From my understanding you gift at the mailboxes, and followers will come back to life shortly after they die, not a big deal.

Raxious

yes please! PSN LkPr

Send you a friend request, I got a few more legendary potions left ;)

1:
Each Act has it's own Hub.

2:
No, all skills and runes are gained through leveling.

3:
You can find items called "Gift for xxx" , xxx being someone's ID. If you go to your inventory you can select it their and gift it. If you just wanna send someone stuff, you can also go to the mailbox and send stuff through there.

4:
No you can't, however if I'm correct they heal whenever you use a potion. If they 'die', they'll just be unable to move for a couple of seconds before they're ready for action again. You can also gear up and set skills for your follower, like a healing skill.

In act 2 and just bumped it up to hard because my level 40 barb was face rolling everything... still face rolling everything <3

I managed to get one legendary that makes it so I can quickly activate Leap 2 times after the initial Leap, that plus two other movement speed bonuses from legendaries and Seismic slam having such a long range makes it so almost every fight I get in to I easily end up with a 40+ massacre. God I love this class.

Baliis

Let's say for the same of discussion that every player will get at least 1 drop to gift a night.

30 friends means 30 gifts a nights at a 1/30 chance per gift.

4 friends means 4 gifts with a 1/4 chance per gift.

I think the odds are better my way. Any math bros want to weigh in?

They're literally the same, though in practice it's easier to keep the circle contained to just those in it if you just get a few buddies doing it. The more people you add, the more people you're probably going to get that have someone outside the circle added, lowering your chances.

So far I've seen 3 nemesis mobs, killed two of um, but one just wrecked the random I was playing with.

ZenaxPure

I managed to get one legendary that makes it so I can quickly activate Leap 2 times after the initial Leap

Never vendor or salvage that thing. It's the key item to make the only viable endgame barb build work right now and even a low level version is good until you can find a level 70 version.

Never vendor or salvage that thing. It's the key item to make the only viable endgame barb build work right now and even a low level version is good until you can find a level 70 version.
I figured, can I eventually keep the enchantment from it and destroy the actual item using the Mystic?

ZenaxPure

I figured, can I eventually keep the enchantment from it and destroy the actual item using the Mystic?

The enchantment? Like the legendary affix? Nah, those are stuck on the item forever. All the mystic allows you to do is transmog items and reroll a stat on an item to a different stat.

Doesn't matter in this case though, that item is so good for the build that even if it was level 1 and had no other stats it would still be worth using because the stats on any other boots can't make up for losing 2 leaps.

In act 2 and just bumped it up to hard because my level 40 barb was face rolling everything... still face rolling everything <3

I managed to get one legendary that makes it so I can quickly activate Leap 2 times after the initial Leap, that plus two other movement speed bonuses from legendaries and Seismic slam having such a long range makes it so almost every fight I get in to I easily end up with a 40+ massacre. God I love this class.

jf6pc.jpg

Daximuss

Anyone else notice that when a Nemesis enters your game, it also ports in an NPC version of your friend that was killed for you to fight?

Pretty cool that the NPC invader is the same class as the person that was slain.

The enchantment? Like the legendary affix? Nah, those are stuck on the item forever. All the mystic allows you to do is transmog items and reroll a stat on an item to a different stat.

Doesn't matter in this case though, that item is so good for the build that even if it was level 1 and had no other stats it would still be worth using because the stats on any other boots can't make up for losing 2 leaps.
Well that kinda sucks, guess I'm stuck with these boots until level 70 ha.

I'm really digging the Crusader character. He has a very distinctive personality from the Barbarian.

More regal and sophisticated.
Being sophisticated never saved anyone from a demonic invasion.

Badgerst3

Just sent some kinda lame loot to some of you. It sucks being level 12 and trying to send anything of worth to level 30-60 friends.

I just have limited gaming time. It is cool receiving loot mail.

ZenaxPure

Well that kinda sucks, guess I'm stuck with these boots until level 70 ha.

Well, until you are aiming for a leapquake build at max level it makes sense to drop the item when the stats become outdated (unless the extra leaps are really that important to you). But it's something you should hang onto forever until you get a higher level version. It's a fairly rare legendary by default. Easily the hardest mandatory piece of that particular build.

Daximuss

Just sent some kinda lame loot to some of you. It sucks being level 12 and trying to send anything of worth to level 30-60 friends.

Message me your PSN ID along with your class and level and I'll mail you some stuff.

This reminds me of why I believe the Nemesis system is pretty clever: the gift you send to your friend is generated at the time they open the gift and is tailored to their class.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm halfway through Act 2 on Expert with my Crusader.

Every since about 3/4 of the way through Act 1, I've been tearing through enemies with taking zero damage. It has been the same ever since. I killed the end boss of Act 1 by just standing in one place and spamming everything I had. I think I saw my health bar go down to about half way, but it immediately filled up again due to all my +HP on hit and kill gear.

This is getting REALLY boring. And apparently I can't do the next highest difficulty until I complete one character through act IV.

I don't know if I can keep doing this.

Comparably, on the 360 SKU I played before, I was getting absolutely stomped on Hard by Act 2.

I'm sure there's been a decent amount of discussion on this, but I'll ask anyways. Should I buy on PS4 at full price if I haven't played since vanilla D3? I enjoyed the game but never played through more than once. Is it that much different? Is the console version better with direct control?

I did the same as you. Played the vanilla version at launch and never played again. They made it so much better. I barley got to lvl 30 when I beat it. I'm on act 2 still and I'm already lvl 31. You level much faster. Get better equipment. It's just a better overall game now.

I'm halfway through Act 2 on Expert with my Crusader.

Every since about 3/4 of the way through Act 1, I've been tearing through enemies with taking zero damage. It has been the same ever since. I killed the end boss of Act 1 by just standing in one place and spamming everything I had. I think I saw my health bar go down to about half way, but it immediately filled up again due to all my +HP on hit and kill gear.

This is getting REALLY boring. And apparently I can't do the next highest difficulty until I complete one character through act IV.

I don't know if I can keep doing this.

Comparably, on the 360 SKU I played before, I was getting absolutely stomped on Hard by Act 2.

Best things I can suggest:

Try playing with others to make it go by quicker and a bit more interesting (imo)
Get as much +XP gear as possible
If you've played before, you should be able to fast-track to objectives instead of stopping in random dungeons or killing mobs on their own (only focus on large groups)
For artificial difficulty, you can experiement with weird ability combos

Dug

Banned
ZdwcZka.jpg

Awesome!

Love the description too: "Bestows upon the wearer both formidable power and an unsurpassed statement of fashion."

My Crusader build depends on phalanx with the Arrow Dudes rune (forgot its real name)
I love them they rip elite mobs to shreds and I have like 75% plus their normal damage through passives and magic stuff

QUESTION: is there a way to make my archers run around indefinitely? Once I open up bodyguard I want to have melee dudes running around instead for added chaos.

Top Bottom