• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

JJD

I haven't run into one yet. Do they pop up in the regular campaign or in adventure mode?

They pop in the regular campaign, dunno about adventure but I would say yes.

How many friends playing D3 do you have on your friendlist? I have faced 3 or 4 Nemesis.

Anyone knows if you get anything by killing the dead players phantom first instead of the Nemesis?

Liberty4all

Banned
Same. It's incredible what a change in platform and control does for a game. It's Diablo re-imagined as an arcade game.

that's an interesting way of putting it. I'm 38 so I lived through the glorious age of arcades -- both the 80s and 90s versions. This game reminds me very strongly of the 90s take on Gauntlet. Cabinet had a card reader so you could start with all your "loot" and stats from previous plays.

edit it was a password system actually ... I swear I remember a card reader on gauntlet legends

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntlet_Legends

You can switch the difficulty in-game too (but only one step) so start with Hard, you can then up it to Expert or lower it to Normal, if you need to.

As for classes, i like the Wizard when it comes to non-melee classes. The feel of power is incredible, once you get some spells. (All classes are pretty terrible until you get more spells.)
EDIT BTW, the Crusader has quite a lot of ranged skill options, so it can be played as a ranged class too.
I've went on Expert and its still too easy, nearing the end of act 1, though I'm a D2 vet.
Usually I'm a melee tank, for this I've went Wizard, and its awesome. Skill involved as to not get shanked while popping off spells all over the damn place at 60fps locked. Awesome.
Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

Korezo

Are Demon Hunters good? I started one as a second class and they seem kind of boring and bad, been dying a lot as a DH. I'm currently lvl 30 DH, anything I should be using?

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
Okay Diablo-GAF, you convinced me...i just bought the PS4 version. Any really high level advice on where to start?

PSN: Massy-Boy

I just ordered it as well, not really sure if I will like it but it looked cool enough for me to give it a try.
How long is the game though? I saw a diablo 3 thread on their forum I guess with someone saying it only took him six hours, but then everyone else pilled on him and said that's not how you play Diablo...

Anyway looking forward to it arriving.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, I just started Act V and randomly decided to turn on the little floating green health bar above my character. I really like having it there. It helps me keep better track of where my guy is at while diving into a throng of enemies. And then I turned on the little health bars above enemies, and those are cool too! It helps me know which enemies to focus on and finish off. I would have thought the added visual clutter would be annoying, but it's all really helpful.

Okay, so for all my bellyaching about not seeing a Nemesis yesterday, I got wrecked by one not 5 minutes into starting up my game. O_O

He came in at the absolute worst time possible, too. I think he had 3-4 kills under his belt, but I didn't get a good look.

Good luck!
I got killed by one this morning (or last night?) the second I entered a new area. Like... there was no delay what so ever. I spawned and died immediately. It was really weird.

Andrew.

Banned
Are Demon Hunters good? I started one as a second class and they seem kind of boring and bad, been dying a lot as a DH. I'm currently lvl 30 DH, anything I should be using?

I've been having a blast. My bow is basically like a fucking chain gun with that rapid fire. Enemies crumble like burnt paper. Plus setting up turrets, dashing around like Nightcrawler and raining arrow storms down on baddies feels so damn good.

Love chain slowing them too. I don't use traps, cause it's not my style.

TEH-CJ

Banned
that's an interesting way of putting it. I'm 38 so I lived through the glorious age of arcades -- both the 80s and 90s versions. This game reminds me very strongly of the 90s take on Gauntlet. Cabinet had a card reader so you could start with all your "loot" and stats from previous plays.

edit it was a password system actually ... I swear I remember a card reader on gauntlet legends

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauntlet_Legends

Actually...it reminds me of god of war ascension multiplayer, that was inspired by the game gauntlet.

Nokterian

fOZSESQ.jpg

Haha yes welcome to your new addiction. Nice one :p

Stainless

downloaded this through psn yesterday and played for several hours. One session and I'm L23, lol. I have never played diablo but I chose hard difficulty, it seems about right for now

ZenaxPure

How long is the game though? I saw a diablo 3 thread on their forum I guess with someone saying it only took him six hours, but then everyone else pilled on him and said that's not how you play Diablo...

If all you plan to do is the story then yeah, you done fucked up on the money you just spent. Doing the story is just a way to get accustomed to the game, you learn how each enemy works and you learn how all the skills work (and more importantly how those skills work with each other). The core of the game (specifically in RoS) is doing adventure mode which lets you do various quests throughout the locations of the game and rifts which are random dungeons with random enemy arrangements.

You will finish the story way before you hit max level, and all of your skills aren't unlocked until max level.

So yeah, you can probably clear the story really fast, but that's not exactly the focus of the game.

Tobor

I just ordered it as well, not really sure if I will like it but it looked cool enough for me to give it a try.

How long is it? You just lost at least 200-400 hours of your life by buying this game.

Hmm, looks like my sword works just fine despite having intelligence instead of strength. Minor reduction in damage, considerably boost in defenses and regen. I can compensate with other gear.
It looks too good not to use it.

I hope you get Justains Justine's Flail, it makes it so the blessed hammer always circles without the rune, its pretty powerful, I don't use flails or blessed hammer, so i changed the look to a sword just to play with it and chose the rune that makes the hammers set stuff on fire..
everything was on fire.

So is it just me or are some of the achievements bugged?
I killed Maghda
and it says that I've completed 100% of the requirements for the achievement, but for some reason it still remains locked. Is this something that blizzard knows about? Is it a problem on only the xbox one version?

Edit: The achievement unlocked, just quite a bit latter almost as if it were on a delay. Probably on the xbox side of things rather than the Diablo side.

jester_

So I'm experiencing the same annoying bug that occurred on 360 when playing couch co-op. Any tips for fixing would be great appreciated.

My wife and I are playing local multiplayer, and EVERY SINGLE NEW SESSION we start, the game highlights every one of her skills/runes with a star as if they are new. This happens to player 2 no matter who it is.

Very annoying to go through them all just so that you can see which skills are unlocked after leveling up (its not always possible to read each unlock in the corner in the middle of a big fight)

Finally beat the game. Played on Torment 1 up until the last boss.

Still mostly wearing my level 60 legendaries. Has no good up grades except 1 gift from Vixen25(thank you!)

Adventure mode is a blast though. Already got a few good items there.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
If all you plan to do is the story then yeah, you done fucked up on the money you just spent. Doing the story is just a way to get accustomed to the game, you learn how each enemy works and you learn how all the skills work (and more importantly how those skills work with each other). The core of the game (specifically in RoS) is doing adventure mode which lets you do various quests throughout the locations of the game and rifts which are random dungeons with random enemy arrangements.

You will finish the story way before you hit max level, and all of your skills aren't unlocked until max level.

So yeah, you can probably clear the story really fast, but that's not exactly the focus of the game.

SO what is the max. level? I assume it takes a while to get to?

How long is it? You just lost at least 200-400 hours of your life by buying this game.

lol, great!

ZenaxPure

SO what is the max. level? I assume it takes a while to get to?

70, but nah it doesn't really take that long to get there. Getting level 70 doesn't take long and finishing the game doesn't take long either.

After that you start gaining paragon levels which give you 1 point per level to spend increasing specific stats, paragon levels are infinite.

It would be awesome if Blizzard made it so that you can take at least one of your other characters around with you as a follower. I'd love for my Crusader to have a rapid firing Demon Hunter rolling with him through the endless dungeons of the rift..

Huh, got two different level Legendary maces (Nutcracker) and apparently you can't equip both at once. That's a shame.

wait..why not? I was thinking of running my Barbarian next, i would like to be able to dual wield to my hearts content!

So damn true.

image.php

Illest avatar quote EVER.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
70, but nah it doesn't really take that long to get there. Getting level 70 doesn't take long and finishing the game doesn't take long either.

After that you start gaining paragon levels which give you 1 point per level to spend increasing specific stats, paragon levels are infinite.

Alright cool, all that's left now is to wait :D

Raxious

I have to say I'm not a big fan that the transmorg lets you change your gear to look like stuff you haven't attained yet. Honestly, it's kind of killed my desire to grind for endgame loot when I can just change my current gear to look like it now.

You don't get every transmorg available though. A lot of the gear you still gotta obtain first in order to unlock it for transmorg.

X-Frame

Hey guys, I started a new character last night on my brother's PS4 (while signed into my PSN account), and when I tried to play now on my own PS4 -- it does not recognize any saved data or character. I thought my characters were saved in the cloud?

How do I get my character on my PS4? I haven't created a Battle.net account if that makes any difference ..

Thank you!

Vorheez

Hey guys, I started a new character last night on my brother's PS4 (while signed into my PSN account), and when I tried to play now on my own PS4 -- it does not recognize any saved data or character. I thought my characters were saved in the cloud?

How do I get my character on my PS4? I haven't created a Battle.net account if that makes any difference ..

Thank you!
I was running into the same issue last night. For whatever reason your save (under your profile) on your brother's ps4 will not automatically upload. After you guys are finished playing you will need to hit the home button on your controller to ensure you are under your own account, manually upload the save to the cloud and then later redownload it to your own PS4. Should do the trick.

I was running into the same issue last night. For whatever reason your save (under your profile) on your brother's ps4 will not automatically upload. After you guys are finished playing you will need to hit the home button on your controller to ensure you are under your own account, manually upload the save to the cloud and then later redownload it to your own PS4. Should do the trick.

^ Yup, this works.

Top Bottom