• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

This reminds me of why I believe the Nemesis system is pretty clever: the gift you send to your friend is generated at the time they open the gift and is tailored to their class.

nah- I got level 12 crap for my DH who is 70

and I also got monk gear when using my wiz. :/

edit:havent even touched the monk class yet on PS4 (played the tar out of it on 360 and PC tho)

tripskylark

Neo Member
Looking for friends to play this with..never played Diablo in my life and I've got the PS4 version! Hoping to have some fun.

ID: tripskylark

nah- I got level 12 crap for my DH who is 70

and I also got monk gear when using my wiz. :/

edit:havent even touched the monk class yet on PS4 (played the tar out of it on 360 and PC tho)

Wow, I must be getting really lucky, I've received about 5 legendary gifts from Nemsis (yeah I die more than I should :p ) and all have been Crusader-only, 3 of which were weapons.

I guess it just follows the same loot RNG as enemy drops?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I finally beat Act IV! Now I can bump up the difficulty. This game has been wayyyyyy too easy so far.

Kyoufu

Wow, I must be getting really lucky, I've received about 5 legendary gifts from Nemsis (yeah I die more than I should :p ) and all have been Crusader-only, 3 of which were weapons.

I guess it just follows the same loot RNG as enemy drops?

The gift content depends on how strong the Nemesis became I think. Best rewards are usually when it starts casting dark lasers and stuff.

ZenaxPure

QUESTION: is there a way to make my archers run around indefinitely? Once I open up bodyguard I want to have melee dudes running around instead for added chaos.

You can't make them last forever, but with enough cooldown reduction you can activate them more often which makes their uptime pretty high. You can have the archers up almost all the time but the cooldown changes based on the rune. The melee guys have the longest cooldown iirc.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm halfway through Act 2 on Expert with my Crusader.

Every since about 3/4 of the way through Act 1, I've been tearing through enemies with taking zero damage. It has been the same ever since. I killed the end boss of Act 1 by just standing in one place and spamming everything I had. I think I saw my health bar go down to about half way, but it immediately filled up again due to all my +HP on hit and kill gear.

This is getting REALLY boring. And apparently I can't do the next highest difficulty until I complete one character through act IV.

I don't know if I can keep doing this.

Comparably, on the 360 SKU I played before, I was getting absolutely stomped on Hard by Act 2.

Yea, the monster challenge scaling was a lot better at default on the old game. Despite all the improvements, the game is just a cakewalk until I guess we are all doing T6 rifts with max characters.

I've been playing on Master with a fresh character(Master unlocked from transferring PS3 save), and it does provide a bit more challenge than Expert, but only in specific groups of elites do I occasionally die. Absolutely have not had a rough go of it at all though. I have shifted down to Expert to compare now and again, and it is criminally easy given Loot 2.0's insane itemization quality, a real problem given the majority of players are stuck on Expert for a first play. Enemies just don't feel strong enough as if the entire algorithm for enemy damage is a bit too low across the board for the lower levels.

It's just a shame since the equipment upgrades during leveling should feel impactful and beneficial, but the concept is a bit moot when everything dies so damn fast regardless.

fOZSESQ.jpg

My question, I played through vanilla on PC, Barb. was awesome.
This time decided to pick Witch Dr.
When does this class get good? I'm only like level 14 but I feel like I'm hardly doing any dmg, while I watch my GF who's playing Demon Hntr Rip stuff apart and lvl much quicker.
Just wish Witch Dr. felt more powerful even as a supporting class I guess.

Drewfonse

I'm halfway through Act 2 on Expert with my Crusader.

Every since about 3/4 of the way through Act 1, I've been tearing through enemies with taking zero damage. It has been the same ever since. I killed the end boss of Act 1 by just standing in one place and spamming everything I had. I think I saw my health bar go down to about half way, but it immediately filled up again due to all my +HP on hit and kill gear.

This is getting REALLY boring. And apparently I can't do the next highest difficulty until I complete one character through act IV.

I don't know if I can keep doing this.

Comparably, on the 360 SKU I played before, I was getting absolutely stomped on Hard by Act 2.

I'm kind of in the same boat. It's exhilarating to annihilate enemies, but every now and again it would be nice to have a genuine challenge. I'm a Level 40 Wizard midway through Act 2 on Expert, and I'm just mowing through the bad guys now, just flattening entire hordes. Still fun, I too played D3 on the 360, and the difficulty was MUCH more pronounced.

BumRush

I don't have too much time to play games these days so I was going to wait for my next big game to be Destiny after just beating TLOU:R. I never played Diablo on PC (played and loved Torchlight), but I'm considering buying this for PS4. Is this a must-have?

Killer

Banned
after beating the story on harcore, can i play Adventure mode with HC character? is it still gonna be one death and you are done?

DirtyLarry

Okay, believe it or not, despite being 40 years old this December, and having a pretty varied taste in games, I have never played a Diablo game. The whole style and world of Blizzard was never really my cup of tea, so I just stayed clear.

Because there has been a lull of games being released, I decided to put Diablo III on the PS4 on my GameFly Queue (along with Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare), and I'll be damned if Diablo is pretty much just a modern take on the game Gauntlet, which I LOVED growing up as a kid.

So really I just have one question and want to make sure I am not missing something obvious. When you equip one of the weapons like a knife, ax, or small bow, I see no way to actually use it. So are those weapons more a matter of the stats they provide while they are equipped, or is there a way to use them that I am just completely missing?

That's literally my one and only question, for now at least. Dirty the Level 4 Witch Doctor.

I don't have too much time to play games these days so I was going to wait for my next big game to be Destiny after just beating TLOU:R. I never played Diablo on PC (played and loved Torchlight), but I'm considering buying this for PS4. Is this a must-have?

The only thing I regretted while I was buying this was buying this knowing that I won't have much play time to play this. This game is a great as a filler game. It can be that one game you go back to to fill the void in between game releases you're waiting for. I see this game filling in that role for the rest of this gen. Everything in this game feels great except the story presentation. The story presentation feels like a PSOne era RPG when voice acting was just starting. (I like that tho)

You can't make them last forever, but with enough cooldown reduction you can activate them more often which makes their uptime pretty high. You can have the archers up almost all the time but the cooldown changes based on the rune. The melee guys have the longest cooldown iirc.

That works too, thanks for the heads up! I had a weird glitch on mine where it says wrath 0 as the cost for phalanx, for a moment I thought I'd negated the cost for it, till i realized it ran on cooldown! I am definitely looking forward to the bodyguards if they last longer!

hawk2025

Okay, believe it or not, despite being 40 years old this December, and having a pretty varied taste in games, I have never played a Diablo game. The whole style and world of Blizzard was never really my cup of tea, so I just stayed clear.

Because there has been a lull of games being released, I decided to put Diablo III on the PS4 on my GameFly Queue (along with Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare), and I'll be damned if Diablo is pretty much just a modern take on the game Gauntlet, which I LOVED growing up as a kid.

So really I just have one question and want to make sure I am not missing something obvious. When you equip one of the weapons like a knife, ax, or small bow, I see no way to actually use it. So are those weapons more a matter of the stats they provide while they are equipped, or is there a way to use them that I am just completely missing?

That's literally my one and only question, for now at least. Dirty the Level 4 Witch Doctor.

Correct, they are just "for show". Your attacks are your lists of skills.

It's a little silly, but you'll get used to it!

BumRush

The only thing I regretted while I was buying this was buying this knowing that I won't have much play time to play this. This game is a great as a filler game. It can be that one game you go back to to fill the void in between game releases you're waiting for. I see this game filling in that role for the rest of this gen. Everything in this game feels great except the story presentation. The story presentation feels like a PSOne era RPG when voice acting was just starting. (I like that tho)

Thanks gridlock, that's exactly what I was hoping for.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
So, maybe this is a stupid question but is this single-player with co-op options or do you have to be playing co-op?

19Kilo

I've seen a lot of posts related to this - but has anyone compiled all the info regarding local co-op for PS4? Not familiar with how multiple accounts work on PS4 either, so there's that.

Can a second player use one of my existing characters? - I don't think so? If I'm playing and they turn on a controller they have to sign in with a different account I think?

If they have a separate account on the PS4, do they need to sign up with email address, password? (is that a SEN account I guess?). I have PS+, if they join my game can we play online, or do they need PS+ as well?

I heard something about using a sub-account (child account?) to play local co-op online? Don't know what that's about.

If a person is signed on with their own account on my PS4, can they play single player on my digital copy of D3? Can we still friend each other in game so we can mail items, nemesis, etc.? Do we share stash, paragon, etc.?

Am I the only one confused by all this shit? :) If not, maybe we can compile some info for the OP.

tldr; My friend and I want to each play my digital copy of D3 on my PS4 individually as well as local co-op. Being able to send legendaries, nemesis, play online with others during local co-op would be cool.

Thanks gridlock, that's exactly what I was hoping for.

If you decide to get this game for the PS4 add me.

PSN Frost-Fiend

Every time I come across a rare piece of equipment I tend to mail them to people on my friend list in game if I don't like the item, can't use them because it's not usable for my class, or just found a better piece of equipment.

Early Monk is garbo. I'm on hard, but I might drop it to normal because I have no fucking clue what to do and I'm level 5. Haven't got my companion yet, but damn I might just drop the dope and go back to my WD or start with a Barb.

you. should stick with it. level 41 monk in act 3, on expert. I'm cutting through most enemies like a knife through butter.

Xevren

I'm kind of wondering the same thing, I'm not much of a co-op gamer, is it worth getting this game as a single player experience?

You can play it all single player, nothing requires co-op at all. Just a matter if you get bored playing by yourself all the time, but if you've played action rpg's before and didn't have that problem you'd be fine here.

BumRush

If you decide to get this game for the PS4 add me.

PSN Frost-Fiend

Every time I come across a rare piece of equipment I tend to mail them to people on my friend list in game if I don't like the item, can't use them because it's not usable for my class, or just found a better piece of equipment.

Excellent, I'll grab it over the weekend.

Correct, they are just "for show". Your attacks are your lists of skills.

It's a little silly, but you'll get used to it!

Thats not very accurate... For example as a monk i have skills that only use my fist and it appears as if my weapon is on my back.. but when i pick a different skill its actually using the weapon. So when the weapon is on my back am i getting the benefits of the weapon?

ZenaxPure

You can play it all single player, nothing requires co-op at all. Just a matter if you get bored playing by yourself all the time, but if you've played action rpg's before and didn't have that problem you'd be fine here.

Yeah, and there are benefits to playing alone anyway (such as the double Unity setup which reduces all damage by 50%, can't be achieved in multiplayer the way it is in single player).

JCizzle

Thats not very accurate... For example as a monk i have skills that only use my fist and it appears as if my weapon is on my back.. but when i pick a different skill its actually using the weapon. So when the weapon is on my back am i getting the benefits of the weapon?

You absolutely are getting the benefit.

I was wondering the same thing. Then somehow I accidentally had one of my skills unassigned (still not sure how I did that) then suddenly my wizard was swinging her sword that projected some magical fireball with that now-unassigned button.

Top Bottom